The main aim of the iron-serum test is to examine the iron present in the blood. Iron is a significant component of the blood. It is the iron that carries the oxygen from the lungs to other parts of the body. Excess of iron or deficiency of it will have unhealthy oxygen-carrying red blood cells practices.
Doctors order for an iron serum test if there is an abnormal result in the CBC test showing decreased haemoglobin and hematocrit levels. Doctors may also prescribe for the test if the patient complains of fatigue, dizziness, weakness, headaches, pallor, shortness of breath, chest pain; leg pains the reason of which could be the deficiency of iron. Children are often seen eating chalk, clay, dirt or liquorice; this indicates that iron is deficient.
The test is a blood sample test. There is no much preparation needed as such. However, the patient may be asked to fast at least 12 hours before the test. Water can be permissible but not food. Besides, it is essential for the doctor to know if there has been any recent consumption of iron-rich food or medicines. It is also advisable that consumption of alcohol, drugs containing estrogen may show adverse effects on the result. Similarly, stress and appropriate sleep can show low levels of iron in the body.
The test enables the doctors to know more about-
The blood sample collection method is known as venipuncture. The following procedure is followed-
All age groups
65 - 176 microgram/dl
All age groups
50 - 170 microgram/dl
Supplements are just a way to add vital nutrients in your daily nutritional intake, but are not the only solution. First of all, it is important to note that your sex life does not depend on supplements. Various other factors can both positively and negatively affect your sex life. Exercise, weight and medications you take can have both adverse and positive effects. Try to improve your sex life by altering these aspects before you use supplements. Nevertheless, here are some supplements which may be beneficial for your sex life.
Liver is a very important organ of your body. It is also the largest internal organ. Liver plays a pivotal role in food digestion, iron metabolism, regulation of blood clotting and removal of toxins from your body. Liver problems refer to the disruption of liver functions. There are various liver problems and diseases that you may encounter. Some of the liver problems are as follows:
The most common causes of the above mentioned liver problems are
Different liver problems have different symptoms. But there are some common symptoms for all liver diseases. The most common symptoms are mentioned below
Homeopathy can treat liver problems very effectively. The following are some of the solutions offered by homeopathy for different liver problems
1. If you are suffering from the problem of fatty liver, your doctor may recommend you medicines like Lycopodium, Phosphorus, Nux vomica
2. If you suffer from the problem of liver enlargement then your doctor may recommend you medicines like Carduus Marianus
3. Chionanthus and Taraxacum are medicines advised for liver problems like jaundice
4. Natrum sulphuricum may be recommended to you if you are suffering from problems like Liver cirrhosis
Homeopathic treatment for liver problems is very effective since it treats the medical condition according to specific symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Homeopath.
If you have anemia, your blood does not carry enough oxygen to the rest of your body. The most common cause of anemia is not having enough iron. Your body needs iron to make hemoglobin. Hemoglobin is an iron-rich protein that gives the red color to blood. It carries oxygen from the lungs to the rest of the body.
Anemia has three main causes: blood loss, lack of red blood cell production, and high rates of red blood cell destruction.
Conditions that may lead to anemia include
Anemia can make you feel tired, cold, dizzy, and irritable. You may be short of breath or have a headache.
Your doctor will diagnose anemia with a physical exam and blood tests. Treatment depends on the kind of anemia you have.
Ghee has lost its glory. In-spite of being a saturated fat, ghee has shown to reduce both serum and intestinal cholesterol by triggering secretion of billiard lipids.
Reasons to consume ghee in your diet:
1. Ghee is also called as clarified butter. It’s short chain fatty acid structure imparts lipolysis properties which helps in breaking down the fat itself.
2. It’s antibacterial and antiviral properties makes it a perfect immune booster.
3. It has that anti ageing and anti wrinkle effect that even the costliest of cosmetic product can’t have
4. Since ancient times, ayurveda considers ghee to promote learning and memory retention
5. Excellent for joint health as ghee gives lubrication and strength to them
6. Ghee is an excellent laxative as it lubricates the intestines. Have a spoonful of ghee in warm water for easy bowel movement.
1. : It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combat increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400 mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. : Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5.: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. : These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. : Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. : Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. : To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.