Spinach is very nutritious leafy vegetable. It helps to prevent premature ageing, weakening of the eyesight and has inflammatory properties. Spinach helps to boost the immunity, protects the body from a number of diseases and improves the recovery mechanism of the body. Spinach helps to maintain the brain functions and the nervous system especially in patients of advanced age. The antioxidant properties of the spinach helps in the prevention of cancer and other deadly disorders of the body. Spinach also helps to relieve chronic abdominal distress. Calcium content in spinach helps in the maintainence of bone health. Spinach also helps to relieve hypertension and anxiety.
Spinach is a popular functional food. This leafy vegetable is full of nutritional properties and contains a large amount of essential nutrients. Spinach is known to prevent and cure a number of diseases and disorders. It has anti-cancer, antioxidant properties that inhibit the growth of malignant cells. It helps to promote healthy cell division, thereby improving the healing properties of the body. Spinach contains Vitamins A, B, C, E, K , zinc, magnesium and large amounts of iron that is necessary for the red blood cells in the body. Spinach is also helpful in the maintenence of the hair, skin, nails and eyesight.
Spinach is rich in Vitamin B and other important Vitamins such as A, E, K and C which help to improve skin texture and treat a number of skin related disorders. It also helps to protect the skin from the harmful Ultra-Violet radiations of the sun. It promotes healing of the skin in case of sun damage and prevents premature ageing, skin cancer and other dermal disorders caused by the sun.
Spinach is extremely beneficial in the strengthening of the immunity system. The high amounts of Vitamin A helps to prevent infections and inflammations to a large extent. It strengthens the mucous membranes of the respiratory, urinary and intestinal tracts. Vitamin A is also a major component of the lymphocytes (white blood cells) that combat diseases in the human body.
Spinach helps in providing relief from several kinds of inflammatory diseases such as arthritis, osteoarthritis, asthma and even migraine headaches.
Spinach maintains the brain functions, especially in patients of advanced age. The high content of Vitamins C, K and folate helps in the production of hormones that keep the nervous system functioning properly. It also improves the processing abilities of the brain. It helps in the synthesis of sphingolipids that is the crucial fat in the Myelin sheath of the nerve cells.
Spinach contains high quantities of beta-carotene and Vitamin C that maintains gastrointestinal health. It provides protection to the colorectal cells from the cancerous growths caused by the effects of free radicals. Folate content in spinach prevents DNA damage and unwanted mutations of the colon cells.
Spinach reduces the stress on muscles, by strengthening muscular tissues. The magnesium, zinc and other nutrients content helps to sleep better which helps the body to heal and recover faster.
Spinach is known to be effective remedy for high blood pressure or hypertension. It also helps to reduce stress and anxiety.
Spinach helps to maintain the sodium-potassium balance in the body and lowers excess potassium which may eventually lead to serious kidney malfunctioning.
Patients of Asthma can be benefited by the consumption of Spinach
Spinach is rich in vitamins which prevent weakening of eyesight due to age or other factors. It also helps to improve eyesight by preventing cataracts and macular degeneration.
Spinach is rich in anti oxidants, flavonoids and other nutrients, that promote healthy cell division, preventing malignant growths and tumours.
Spinach is useful in the maintainence and strengthening of bones because of its calcium content. It can also be used as an alternative to dairy products in patients who have lactose intolerance. It helps to prevent early onset of osteoporosis. Spinach helps in the building of muscle tissues and growth of collagen.
Spinach is rich in iron content and many other essential nutrients. Spinach helps in recovering and recuperating after a long spell of illness. Spinach juice can be given to patients who have been weakened by anaemia or haemorrhage. Spinach can be added to dips, soups and salads to increase the nutritional value of the food. Spinach is easy to digest and can be cooked in a number of ways to make it a delicacy. The low calorie content of this leafy vegetable makes it an important inclusion in a weight loss program. Spinach helps in reducing risks of high blood sugar, high blood pressure and cancer. Spinach is also good for the skin, hair and eyesight.
Spinach is relatively safe for consumption by men, women and children alike. There are not many side effects or allergic reactions known. However, in some cases, spinach may cause serious fluctuations in the blood sugar level in diabetes patients. This however, is rare, but any slightest discomfort or reaction should be treated as soon as possible to prevent complications. Spinach may also form insolvent crystals in the kidneys, that may worsen kidney diseases.
Spinach is native to central , western and southern parts of Asia. It is usually an annual plant. It is thought to have originated in Persia. Subsequently it was introduced to India and China. Spinach usually survives for a ong period of time, especially during winter. Spinach is mostly found in temperate regions.
A dialysis diet is a special diet that is customized for patients who are or will be starting dialysis within a short period of time. Such a diet is prepared to reduce the waste and fluid levels that keep on accumulating between the dialysis sessions so that the patient remains healthy for the process to be carried out seamlessly.
What can you eat?
Eat foods which are rich in high-quality proteins (poultry, fish, lean meat and egg whites).
What can’t you eat?
Eat less of foods which are rich in sodium and phosphorus.
Foods high in Sodium
1. Use minimum salt in preparing the dishes; this helps control BP and probable weight gain that might happen between the dialysis sessions.
2. Make use of spices, herbs and other salt-flavored enhancers.
1. Patients on dialysis need to include more of high-quality protein foods in their diet. This will help regulate blood protein levels. Eat about 10 ounces of foods rich in high-quality protein every day.
2. 1 egg, ¼ cup of ricotta cheese, ¼ cup of tuna.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
When you get a fracture, a lot of pain and a lot of suffering is all you can imagine. But you have to take care of these 5 things to get a good healing in place.
1. Give it some rest. A lot of rest. Give yourself a break from all the household chores, from your work life and take a nice month off. Sleep well and just let your body experience healing holistically.
2. Apply ice immediately if you suspect an injury. As soon as you sustain an injury and you think it could be a fracture, apply cold pack. This limits the inflammation around the bone and allows skin and structures to permit healing process. Also it prevents nerve compression damage.
3. Avoid weight bearing or any pressure on the broken bone. This is a non-negotiable part of healing that your bone doctor will also advice you surely. This will only increase swelling and hamper the development process. So take care to avoid any stress to your injured part and body.
4. Eat healthy foods rich in calcium. The bones need calcium and vitamin D to aid in the repair process. Using up all the calcium and vitamin D stored up, makes the body's stores depleted. Hence make sure to check your Calcium & Vitamin D levels to make sure that wasn't the cause of the fraccture in the first place. A few examples of calcium rich foods are eggs, milk and milk products, lentils and beans, legumes like spinach and salads. Include a good amount of Vitamin C also such as in citrus fruits.
5. Take your pills. If your orthopedic has prescribed pills to you for the fracture, you should take them. Very often I have seen patients avoiding pain killers to make the side effects less, but what it does is only harm. You should know that pain killers or NSAIDs(non-steroidal anti-inflammatroy drugs) that are most commonly prescribed after fractures are to reduce your inflammatory response. This means that the pills help your body fight off too much bleeding and allow a fast recovery, so don't shy away from them.
There are foods that stir up our cells and lead to a breakdown tearing apart the keratin, collagen, and elastin to make our skin look perfectly natural and radiant. Conversely, stress, toxic overload and an unhealthy diet, all contribute to lackluster skin and eventually poor physical and mental makeup. So here we bring to you 3 superfoods that will make your skin feel beautiful and healthy with no chemical loaded creams or botox!
1. Mangoes - Many of us will agree to the fact that mango is one of the tastiest fruits around. So it's a cherry on the cake to know that mangoes also act as an excellent anti-ageing food. They are high on vitamin c content as well as beta-carotene, which gets converted to vitamin a. This duo of vitamins works quite effectively to produce anti-ageing cells and thus keeps our skin revitalized. Mangoes pace up the cell regeneration process wherein old skin cells get replaced by the new cells, making our complexion look youthful.
2. Spinach - This green leafy vegetable is high in nutrients and also contains antioxidants. Besides, spinach is also a good source of iron, magnesium, calcium, potassium, vitamin b, c, and e as well as omega-3 fatty acids which help keep our skin healthy and radiant.
3. Munch on walnuts - Vitamin e is a strong antioxidant, which strengthens our immune system, guards our cell membranes and produces red blood cells whilst walnuts are an excellent source of this vitamin type. So include just a handful of walnuts in your diet to say hello to the naturally glowing skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Did you know that there are certain foods that increase your child's height naturally? Foods that are rich in essential nutrients such as Vitamins, Calcium, Zinc, Magnesium etc can prove to be highly instrumental in adding extra inches to your child's height. Read on...
1. Whole Grains - Whole grains are rich sources of Zinc, Magnesium and Vitamin B, which play a very vital role in promoting your child's growth during his/her budding years. Additionally, whole grains also contain calories and carbohydrates, which ensure the maintenance of proper weight in your child, imparting him/her with the requisite energy to go on throughout the day. Feed your child whole-grain breads, cereals and pastas to make him healthier and taller.
2. Milk - Milk contains calcium and Vitamin D, which help in bone development during the growing years of a child, besides increasing his/her physical strength. Milk also helps in assimilating different proteins making it one of the best foods to be consumed by your child for attaining a good height. Three servings of milk, or milk products such as cheese or yoghurt, each day will suffice your child's Vitamin D and calcium requirement.
3. Fruits and Vegetables - Fruits are excellent sources of Vitamin A, which is instrumental in ensuring an enhanced rate of bone growth in your child, consequently making him/her taller. You can include carrots, mangoes, sweet potatoes, spinach etc. in your child?s diet to aid his/her height growth. It's advisable to provide him/her with 3 to 5 servings of fruits and vegetables every day.
4. Eggs - To ensure that your child grows taller naturally, providing him/her with a protein rich diet is very crucial. Eggs contain ample amount of protein needed to keep your child energetic throughout the day and help him/her grow taller. One to two eggs per day is considered to be the ideal intake amount for a child.
5. Soybeans - Soybeans are rich sources of protein and help in enhancing the growth of bones and muscles of your child, which in turn adds to his/her height during the budding years. You can cook various soybean dishes or you can add ground soybean powder to the dough while making rotis to make soybean a part of your child?s diet.
Although a child's height is also dependent on his/her genes, a well balanced diet containing these super-foods will increase your child's chances of growing to the fullest to attain a good height.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Here’s a list of foods that are better than taking vitamin supplements:
Fatty fish such as trout are great sources of vitamin d and omega-3 fatty acids, which promote brain function and fight inflammation.
Include mushrooms them in your diet four times a week and see your vitamin levels shoot up. They can be cooked, baked or pan-fried and turned into a tasty and healthy delight. In order to reap more benefits, you can sun dry them before consumption. Mushrooms can naturally produce vitamin d when exposed to sunlight.
3. Green veggies
Fresh green veggies are loaded with essential nutrients and the key point to remember is that the lesser you cook them (keeping the crunch and texture intact) the more beneficial they can be. So load up on spinach, methi leaves, lettuce, mustard greens and kale.
Not only do clams have the highest concentration of vitamin b12 of any food, they’re also filled with potassium. Three ounces of either canned or fresh clam contains 534 mg of potassium, 15% of your daily requirement.
You may be surprised to learn that these little fish are packed with calcium—3 ounces has the same amount as 8 ounces of milk. Sardines also contain vitamin d and omega-3 fatty acids. If you buy them canned in oil, be sure to rinse before cooking to get rid of excess salt.