Doctors for Uterine Fibroids
Uterus-sparing treatments for uterine fibroids can enhance fertility by removing fibroids. Book now to explore options.
0+ Best Doctors for Uterine Fibroids
Best Doctors for Uterine Fibroids
|Doctor's Name||Clinic Fees||Lybrate Ratings|
Patient reviews for Doctors for Uterine Fibroids
Frequently Asked Questions
What kind of doctor is best for Uterine Fibroids treatment?
The following specialists are best suited for treating uterine fibroids:
- Gynecologist: Specialises in women's reproductive health and offers various treatment options, both non-surgical and surgical.
- Gynecologic Oncologist: Consulted if there are concerns about fibroids potentially being cancerous.
- Interventional Radiologist: shrinks fibroids by using minimally invasive techniques like uterine artery embolization.
- Reproductive Endocrinologist: Helps manage fibroids while addressing fertility-related concerns.
- Minimally Invasive Gynecologic Surgeon: Performs surgical procedures like myomectomy or hysterectomy if needed.
How to find the best doctor for Uterine Fibroids treatment in India?
The following advice will help you select the finest doctor in India for the treatment of uterine fibroids:
- See your primary care physician or other healthcare professional for advice.
- Research doctors online and read patient reviews on platforms like Lybrate. Check the doctor's credentials, including board certification and experience in treating uterine fibroids. Consider consulting with doctors online if you cannot visit them in person.
What is the main cause of Uterine Fibroids?
These are the main causes of Uterine Fibroids:
- Hormonal imbalances: Throughout the menstrual cycle, the hormones estrogen and progesterone encourage the formation of the uterine lining. Uterine fibroids may develop as a result of an overproduction of these hormones.
- Age and reproductive factors: Women between the ages of 30 and 50 have a higher prevalence of uterine fibroids. Uterine fibroids are more likely to occur in women who have never been pregnant or who have only had a few pregnancies.
- Obesity: Uterine fibroids are more likely to form in fat or overweight women.
- Other medical conditions: Uterine fibroids may be made more likely by a number of medical problems, including endometriosis and polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS).
Are Uterine Fibroids serious?
The seriousness of uterine fibroids can vary depending on several factors:
- Symptom Severity: Fibroids may cause heavy or prolonged menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, pressure, and discomfort. In severe cases, fibroids can cause complications like urinary problems, bowel disturbances, and infertility.
- Size and Location: Large fibroids or those situated in certain areas of the uterus, such as submucosal fibroids that grow into the uterine cavity, can be associated with more significant symptoms and complications.
- Fertility and Pregnancy: Depending on their size and location, fibroids can interfere with implantation, hinder embryo development, or cause pregnancy complications such as miscarriage, preterm labor, or placental problems.
What is the fastest way to treat Uterine Fibroids in India?
The fastest way to treat uterine fibroids in India is typically through minimally invasive procedures such as laparoscopic or robotic surgery.
- These procedures involve smaller incisions and generally result in shorter recovery times compared to traditional open surgery.
- The actual therapy itself may take anywhere between one and three hours, depending on the approach used and the intricacy of the situation.
When to consult a doctor for Uterine Fibroids treatment in India?
You need to consult a doctor for Uterine Fibroids treatment, if you are experiencing:
- Symptoms: Consult a doctor if you experience symptoms such as heavy menstrual bleeding, pelvic pain, frequent urination, constipation, pressure in the lower abdomen, irregular periods, or spotting between periods.
- Family History and Fertility Issues: Seek medical advice if you have a family history of uterine fibroids or if you're having trouble getting pregnant.
- Complications and Quality of Life: If fibroids are causing complications like anemia, urinary tract infections, or significantly affecting your quality of life, it is crucial to seek treatment.
What questions should I ask my doctor if I am suffering from Uterine Fibroids?
While consulting to the doctor for Uterine Fibroids, you may ask the following questions from the doctor:
- How large are my fibroids and what kind are they?
- Are my fibroids cancerous or precancerous?
- What is the best treatment option for me?
- Will my fibroids affect my fertility or ability to get pregnant?
- What can I do to manage my symptoms?
- Will I need surgery?
- How long will it take to recover after surgery?
- Are there any alternative treatments or therapies that may help?
- Will my fibroids come back after treatment?
- What can I do to prevent future fibroids from developing?
Is Uterine Fibroids surgery painful?
The level of pain experienced during uterine fibroid surgery can vary. Minimally invasive procedures generally result in less pain compared to open surgeries. There are pain relief options available to assist with easing discomfort throughout the healing process, including prescription drugs. Individual pain tolerance varies, so it's important to communicate with your healthcare team for appropriate pain management.
Is surgery safe for Uterine Fibroids?
Yes, surgery for uterine fibroids is generally considered safe. Nonetheless, there are possible dangers and consequences, just as with any surgical operation. It is important to consult with your healthcare provider to discuss the benefits, risks, and potential outcomes of the specific surgical approach recommended for your situation.
What is the cost of Uterine Fibroids Surgery in India?
The cost of uterine fibroid surgery in India can range from ₹50,000 to ₹3,00,000 or more, depending on factors such as:
- The type of surgery
- Surgeon's fees
- Additional expenses.
It's crucial to remember that these sums are just broad estimates and that costs may change dramatically depending on the circumstances of each patient and their preferred course of treatment.
What happens if Uterine Fibroids are left untreated?
If uterine fibroids are left untreated, several potential complications and symptoms may arise. Here are some points to consider:
- Increased Fibroid Growth: Uterine fibroids have the potential to grow larger over time, leading to an increase in the size and number of fibroids.
- Heavy Menstrual Bleeding: Anaemia and exhaustion may result from severe or protracted menstrual bleeding brought on by fibroids.
- Pelvic Pain and Discomfort: Pelvic pressure, pain, and discomfort brought on by fibroids may become worse with time.
- Infertility and Pregnancy Complications: Fibroids may influence fertility by obstructing the fallopian tubes or inhibiting the implantation of a fertilized egg, depending on its size and location. Moreover, fibroids may raise the chance of pregnancy-related issues including miscarriage, premature labor, or breech presentation.