Treatment of Mellitus
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Egg Donation Procedure
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Adult Diabetes Treatment
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Type 2 Diabetes Treatment
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Submit a review for Biswas Heart And Mind ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Eqbal Jawed Khan
An Excellent Doctor with great capability of understanding of medical problem. He empathises with you while listening and gives the best solution giving best prescription and treatment with every option available.
Manoj Kumar Barman
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anirban Biswas to be professional, practical, knowledgeable, very helpful and caring. Thankyou for your valuable response sir
Mohd Kamran Siddiqui
A very good treatment as well as he is a very good human being too and he has opened a very good clinic with good number of patients. God bless you sir
Dr Anirban Biswas is seasoned Physicians, very patient friendly, simple and dedicated for patients care. Good dr for cardio and diabeties patients.
Very good doctor .I was recommended by one of my friends. After only a single visit ,my blood sugar levels are controlled. Definitely recommend
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anirban Biswas to be knowledgeable, sensible and caring. Sir kindly elaborate CBT little more,Thanks
Dr. Anirban Biswas provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, professional and well-reasoned. Thanks for the quick reply!
Dr. Anirban Biswas provides answers that are sensible, professional and very helpful. Thank you Doc for your motivational advice..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anirban Biswas to be very helpful, knowledgeable and professional.
Very well experienced and thorough medic with insight to Daibetes and related ailments.
his vision is excellent.
I am a diabetic patient since 15 years. FBS is 98, PPBS140. My serum creatinine 1.20 ca, ph, sodium are under control in normal range. But I am in diet control (S.Creatinine reduced from 2. 0).My age 52, Height 5'3" weight 40 Kgs (Before kidney problem it was 58. What calorie food I should take to increase weight not affecting Blood Sugar and Kidney?
Screening and diagnosis of Prediabetes and Diabetes
Hi I am 40 years old last month I was suffering from typhoid, now its 30 days completed, can I drink alcohol please advice, one month I was in complete diet ple give me chart of what to eat and what not to.
Hi I am a diabetic and under insulin control. Need to know that I take viagra 50 gm twice or thrice a week b4 doing sex with my wife, will it have any negative effect on my sexual life or health on its regular use.
On10 sep 2015 2d echo done it shows mild pulmonary hypertension rvsp 44 mmhg on 6/7/2016 2d echo done now pressure is 36 mmhg. Now my question is how many years person with mild pulmonary hypertension can live in how many years mild pulmonary hypertension becomes serve hypertension. If it is serve hypertension how many years a person can live with serve hypertension is any treatment for serve hypertension what happens if I continue to smoke.
I get easily tired n exhausted after doing a lil work mu hb is 10 normal, I get pain in bones n breathless if I cry or in stress .Have acidity constipation or vomiting n diarrhea some times .I guess I don't have much stamina as I had in my child hood, want to overcome this easily get irritated n upset at times. Please help thank you.
Can I use liv. 52 for non alcoholic grade 1 fatty liver. One doctor suggested me to use liv. 52 of Himalaya Another doctor suggested me to use tab livapt Please help me which is good.
I am suffering for gas till 2 years. I gone for many doctors till no improvement. Is there anything to do?
I was having jaundice before one month. Now I have done through all the tests and my reports are Normal. I just want to know what should I take in diet. And for how long I have to continue taking the Same diet.
My father is suffering from paralysis since 10 months. He is unable to speak. He suffered from paralysis attack twice in last 10 months. We consulted many doctors but all in vain. Please help me.
Can everyone take liv52 That's the side effects. Actually I am running with digestion and constipation problem.
One of the major risk factors for cardiovascular disease (CVD) is diabetes. Uncontrolled diabetes can lead to major heart problems. It is thus pertinent to take timely actions to control the insulin-related issues and save ourselves from CVD.
It is important to understand how diabetic patients are more prone to CVD than others to take pre-emptive actions to control it.
- Atrial Fibrillation: Atrial Fibrillation means an irregular and rapid heart rate which can increase the risk of stroke, heart failure and other cardiac issues. Individuals with diabetes are at an increased risk of developing atrial fibrillation. This risk is higher among patients with a longer duration of treated diabetes and poorer glycemic control.
- Hyperglycemia: Hyperglycemia means high (hyper) glucose (gly) in the blood (emia). Your body needs glucose to properly function. Your cells rely on glucose for energy. Hyperglycemia is a defining characteristic of diabetes, when the blood glucose level is too high because the body isn't properly using or doesn't make the hormone insulin.
- Hypertension: Hypertension in diabetes is considered a major contributor to the increase in mortality from cardiovascular diseases. Diabetic patients, especially those with Type 2, need to always have their blood pressure checked every visit to the doctor. Self-monitoring at home is also a must to maintain and control the rise of blood pressure. The American Diabetes Association recommends a target blood pressure of not more than 130/85 mm Hg to maintain a good level of blood pressure.
- Smoking: Smoking has been determined dangerous to our health. Studies show that smoking indeed increase risk of premature death and cardiovascular disease in diabetic patients.
Diabetes control is governed by following the right diabetic diet. What to eat and what not to eat is important for diabetes control, cure or diabetes reversal.
These are the top diabetes diet tips from diabetologists and nutritionists. Even if you are pre-diabetic or borderline diabetic, or diabetes is part of your family, it is important to follow a diabetic diet to prevent diabetes.
Here is the Diet Food for Diabetics:
- Whole grains, oats, channa atta, millets and other high fibre foods should be included in the meals. If one feels like consuming pasta or noodles, it should always be accompanied with vegetable/sprouts.
- Milk is the right combination of carbohydrates and proteins and helps control blood sugar levels. Two servings of milk in a daily diet is a good option.
- High fibre vegetables such as peas, beans, broccoli and spinach /leafy vegetables should be included in one's diet. Also, pulses with husk and sprouts are a healthy option and should be part of the diet.
- Pulses are important in the diet as their effect on blood glucose is less than that of most other carbohydrate containing foods. Vegetables rich in fibre help lowering down the blood sugar levels and thus are healthy.
- Good fats such as Omega-3 and monounsaturated fats (MUFA) should be consumed as they are good for the body. Natural sources for these are canola oil, flax seed oil, fatty fish and nuts. These are also low in cholesterol and are trans fat free.
- Fruits high in fibre such as papaya, apple, orange, pear and guava should be consumed. Mangoes, bananas, and grapes contain high sugar; therefore these fruits should be consumed lesser than the others.
Small frequent meals:
A large meal gives rise to higher blood sugar in one's body, therefore it is essential to take small frequent meals to prevent both higher and very low blood sugar values and keep them constant. Small in between snacks can be dhokla, fruit, high fibre cookies, butter milk, yogurt, upma/poha with vegetables etc.
A person with diabetes should follow a diet which is low in carbohydrates, high in fibre and contains adequate amounts of proteins, vitamins and minerals; and avoid fatty foods and sweets. He/she should also take frequent small meals (5 meals pattern).
What not to do:
- Artificial sweeteners can be used in cakes and sweets for diabetic people (in moderation).
- Have lots of fluid.
- Limit intake of alcohol.
Should you have non-veg?
In non-vegetarian diet, seafood and chicken can be taken rather than red meat as red meat contains higher amount of saturated fats. Also, patients with high cholesterol should avoid egg yolk and red meat.
The diabetes diet for Indians includes carbohydrates, proteins and fats. As always, a balanced and planned diet can build and improve personal health. A controlled diabetes diet may seem like a drag and bore, but a good cook can add life to a diet.