Treatment of Scalp Reduction
Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Reconstructive Surgery Procedure
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Restoration Aesthetics Procedures
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Prp Hair Transplantation
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Submit a review for Dr. Manjiri's InstaSculpt - BANDRAYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Sumit Kumar Ghosh
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Manjiri's Instasculpt to be very helpful, well-reasoned and professional. Thank u a lot sir ..advice was helpful..
Obesity is a common problem in today’s world; especially with the changing food habits, increased stress levels and poor lifestyle choices coming into play. In women, weight gain can primarily occur because of hormonal imbalances and pregnancy. The various causes of weight gain in women are:
- Menopause: On reaching menopause, hormonal imbalances can increase appetite and lead to weight gain.
- Stress and pregnancy: Pregnancy is a period when a woman tends to eat a lot and put on weight. Pregnancy can also result in piling up of stress because of the anticipation as the D-day draws nearer; increased stress levels lead you to eat more and you tend to put on more weight, thus increasing risks of suffering from obesity eventually.
- Diseases: Complications in the liver and the kidneys may cause you to gain weight.
There are many options that a woman can opt for weight loss. Some of the best non surgical treatment for weight loss is:
- Ultrasonic lipolysis: This is a non-surgical technique to reduce fat from abdomen, thighs, hips, back etc.It involves HIFU (high intensity focalized ultrasound) wherein, ultrasonic waves are directed on areas in the body which have excess fat. The process involves removing fat tissues through the natural drainage system of the body i.e. the lymph system.
- Endermology: Endermology is a technique that is used to increase blood circulation and reduce cellulite (persistent layered fat) content in the body. The procedure entails using rollers which are rolled on the skin to stretch the connective tissues, which results in cellulite reduction. It also revitalizes the tissues in the body and prevents bloating. The treatment is painless and is known to relax the tissues in the body.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a non-surgical technique that is used to reduce fat from the body. The procedure involves administering medications to the concerned areas of the body which have excess amounts of fat by means of injections. It enhances the circulatory and immune system of the body; it is a painless procedure and does not require post-surgical recovery time and so considered as a best weight loss treatment.
Obesity is a disorder that leads to fat accumulation in the body. It is chronic in nature and may cause serious complications in the body. It increases the risk of various diseases in the body like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases. The fat tissues in the body needs nutrients and oxygen for nourishment, thus the blood vessels in the body direct blood to these tissues.
This ups the workload of the heart as it has to pump more blood, which results in excessive pressure on the walls of the artery. When the pressure on the arteries increase, it is known as high blood pressure. Being obese also hampers the ability of the body to transport blood throughout your body and so weight loss is compulsorily advised.
The causes of obesity are:
- Genetics: You are likely to be affected by obesity if your family members are obese. Your genes also play a role in regulating your hormones that deal with fat in the body. It may cause a hormone called leptin that regulates your appetite to be less in the body, which in turn triggers obesity.
- Diet: If your diet is high in simple carbohydrates like refined products and sugar-based foods then it increases the risk of obesity. Foods those are rich in simple carbohydrates cause high insulin production in the body which promotes accumulation of fat.
- Being inactive: You are likely to be overweight if you follow a sedentary lifestyle. This happens if you have a desk job or if you are lazy.
- Psychological issues: Certain psychological problems such as stress and emotional problems may cause you to binge eat which leads to weight gain.
- Disorders: Certain disorders like polycystic ovary syndrome (presence of cysts on the ovaries) and hypothyroidism (reduced production of the thyroid hormone).
Since obesity can significantly affect your blood pressure, you need to take steps to mitigate the damage. Apart from making various changes to your lifestyle, you can opt for various surgical procedures like ultrasonic liposuction (where sound waves are used to get rid of fat) and mesotherapy (where various medicines are injected in the adipose tissues). These are safe and non-invasive treatments that are very effective in promoting fat loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor.
Obesity is a disorder which is characterized by accumulation of fat in the body resulting in various health problems. Diabetes is a metabolic disorder that occurs when the sugar in the blood does not get efficiently utilized by the body. This is due to the inability of the body to produce enough insulin to metabolize the sugar.
Diabetes is classified into two types, Type 1 diabetes wherein the body is unable to produce enough insulin and Type 2 wherein the body develops a resistance to insulin. Diabetes is known to cause diseases such as blindness and kidney problems. The risks of suffering from a stroke and other cardiovascular problems go up significantly if you have been diagnosed with diabetes.
Weight plays a big role in the development of Type 2 diabetes and so weight loss is recommended. Other factors such as stress, age, pregnancy and medications also contribute to this disorder. Usually, a majority of the people who have been diagnosed with Type 2 diabetes are found to be overweight. Being obese makes it difficult for the body to utilize insulin effectively in order to metabolize blood sugar.
As obesity is closely linked with diabetes, it becomes essential to focus on weight loss as a preventive measure against diabetes.
- Try to exercise on a regular basis. Add cardiovascular exercises to your regimen such as running and swimming as they are very effective in burning fat from your body thus reducing the weight/fat.
- Lifting weights also promotes fat loss by boosting your Resting Metabolic Rate or Basal Metabolic Rate (the body’s rate of burning off calories while you are at rest).
- Follow a well- balanced diet that focuses on low carbohydrate and high protein based meals.
Apart from these lifestyle changes, focus can be brought on the following techniques also as effective means to shed off the excess fat:
- Ultrasonic liposuction: This technique involves using high energy sound waves to eliminate fat from your body. It is a non-invasive procedure that inflicts no trauma on the adjoining tissues in the body and thus providing better weight / inch loss..
- Mesotherapy: It is a non-surgical treatment that involves injecting medications into fat tissues. These medications target the adipose cells in the body and destroy them. This is a permanent procedure that is very effective in removing stubborn fat from the body and helping further in weight loss.
The condition of obesity is a troublesome epidemic that is spreading like wildfire. As you gain weight, you become more prone to a wide array of health problems. The main causes of obesity are sedentary lifestyle and excessive intake of food. It has been stated by dieticians, that individuals who are 40% overweight are at a higher risk of premature death in comparison to individuals with average weight.
Eating wrong foods can also causes blood pressure problems, which is further aggravated by stress. The medication provided for blood pressure has certain side effects. It is therefore, important to lose weight to improve your health condition in case you are suffering from obesity and blood pressure. There are surgical as well as non-surgical methods used for reducing fat from the body and that help in gaining the body contour.
Liposuction is a surgical method used to remove the excess fat from the unwanted areas of the body. But it is a painful method and an expensive procedure.
Ultrasound Lipolysis: It is a non-surgical method that is used to reduce the fat cells in the body. The fat cells are killed by use of ultrasound waves, and it is a non-invasive method. The main areas where fat cells are reduced include thigh, abdomen, buttocks and upper arm. It is an advanced technique that is ideal for people who wish to achieve weight loss. It reduces the body circumference and improves the body contour.
Massage Treatment: The simple treatment that can be used to reduce cellulite from the body is the Endermology massage treatment. It is a mechanical massage therapy that makes use of a special machine and by which the blood supply in the body is increased by massaging the particular areas like buttocks and hips. It is a non-surgical treatment which is used as a substitute method for liposuction.
Therapies Used For Reduction of Fat: Another non-surgical method for removal of excess fat as well as tough cellulite from the body is Mesotherapy. The therapy involves the use of injectors for delivering the medication to the Mesoderm area and it also rejuvenates the skin. The given condition is corrected by injecting the medication in the Mesoderm, and the injector used for this purpose is known as the Mesogun. There are other therapies also made available for obese people to reduce fat from their body and these include heat therapy, vibration therapy and lipodissolve therapy.
Aging is natural and inevitable. But today, sun damage and pollution are speeding up the process of aging. As your skin ages, you might start feeling terrible about your appearance. Luckily, modern technology and science have a solution to that. Nowadays, there are too many anti-aging treatments available, and Botox and fillers are the latest craze. And it could get confusing for some people to correctly distinguish between them. Read on to know more about what both these anti wrinkle treatments are all about and what they do for you.
What is Botox?
Botox is made from the neurotoxin named botulinum toxin. Botox injections basically freeze the muscles under wrinkles.
What are its advantages?
Some advantages of Botox include
1. The muscles are relaxed, which makes the skin seem tighter and smoother
2. Lines on your forehead, between (furrow lines) and around your eyes (crow’s feet) are best treated with Botox and hence are considered the best skin tightening treatment.
What are its disadvantages?
Botox has certain disadvantages as well, such as
1. Finer lines cannot be fixed with Botox which makes it a non-inclusive treatment
2. There are side effects of using Botox, such as droopy eyelids, facial pain, muscle weakness or eyelid swelling.
What are fillers?
Wrinkle fillers are injected under the skin to give volume and fill out wrinkles, thus smoothening them and making the skin look younger. Fillers usually contain natural acids such as hyaluronic acid, or synthetic acids like silicone. Collagen fillers can also be used.
What are its advantages?
The advantages of fillers include
1. They are non-invasive
2. The procedure doesn’t take too much time
3. Side effects are hardly severe and often lessen on their own
4. Fillers need less time for recovery
5. Fillers are best for fine lines around the nose and lip. Also laugh lines are better treated with fillers.
What are its disadvantages?
Some disadvantages of fillers include
1. More than one course is needed for optimum results
2. Skin weakness is a common side effect which leads to scarring
3. Deep wrinkles and scarring cannot be resolved with fillers
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.
An increase in your body weight can be due to many factors. But excessive weight gain usually leads to future complications in the form of life-threatening diseases such as obesity, heart problems, depression among others. It can also hamper your self-confidence when you see your flabby body in the mirror. Clothes may no longer fit and you may feel your self-esteem dipping. However, there is no reason for you to feel let down since there are so many ways for fat loss as well as inch loss. One of those many ways are certain non-surgical methods, such as:
Ultrasound lipolysis is the newest technology among non-surgical methods to reduce fat. Ultrasound lipolysis or U-Lipo is painless as it uses ultrasound wave energy to break down the fat cells into simpler fluids, which the body can naturally metabolise. This method is very selective and you can only use it to reduce fat in your chin, face, lower back, upper back, calf, arms, thighs, hips and tummy.
1. Results of U-Lipo are immediate, and you can lose up to 10 centimetres of your problem areas after a single treatment
2. The application of low frequency ultrasound waves makes the treatment painless and absolutely safe
3. Compared to others, U-Lipo is much more affordable non surgical treatment for weight loss
Endermology uses a vacuum suction to deeply massage the subcutaneous tissue (the innermost skin layer) and skin to reduce the appearance of cellulite. However, the effects are temporary and you may require multiple treatments.
1. It is painless since it is non-invasive procedure
2. Stimulates the fat cells and increases production of elastin and collagen
3. Sculpts your figure and firms your skin for a perfect weight /inch loss
Mesotherapy is a non-surgical weight loss method that aims to melt fat using injections. It is increasingly popular. A solution comprising of natural nutrients breaks down the fat cells which your body later gets rid of.
1. The procedure is non-invasive
2. No general anaesthesia is needed
3. Boosts blood circulation in the treated areas
4. If combined with a healthy lifestyle, effects can be long lasting
Hair fall is a common problem that is characterized by loss of hair from the scalp. It is a fairly common problem that occurs due to various factors such as pollution, stress and an unhealthy lifestyle. It may also be caused due to hormonal problems and hormonal imbalances within the body.
The various causes of hair fall are:
- Alopecia areata: Alopecia areata is a disorder that is characterized by irregular and scattered bald round patches on the scalp. It either causes hair loss in patches or might result in complete hair loss.
- PCOS: Polycystic ovary syndrome is an endocrine disorder (diseases related to the endocrine system) which leads to hormonal imbalance, resulting in hair fall.
- Thyroid problems: The thyroid glands produce hormones in order to regulate metabolism in the body. The thyroid gland producing excess or less than the usual secretion leads to thinning of hair and hair loss.
- Infections of the scalp: Various infections of the scalp such as infestation by ringworm can cause loss of hair. Ringworm is a type of fungal infection that leads to bald spots and thinning of hair.
- Diet: If your diet lacks in important vitamins and minerals such as ‘biotin’ (Vitamin B present inside an egg yolk) which are required for healthy hair, then you may run the risks of hair loss.
In recent times, Hair Transplant surgery has championed the ways in which you can cure hair fall and hair thinning. Let’s focus on the procedure.
The procedure involves a tool that looks like a transparent rod consisting of multiple knobs. In most cases, a wide comb is attached to the knob. In the initial stages, the hair is separated into partitions and the knots in hair are gotten rid of. An infrared comb is used on various portions of the scalp which is followed by an oil massage for 15 minutes. A moisturizing hair mask is then applied on the hair, after which, it is treated with steam.
The hair is then exposed to ultra rays from a bulb for a few minutes. The entire process takes around 45-50 minutes and you need to wash your hair the following morning. This process improves blood circulation in the scalp, thus reducing hair fall. It also happens to be an effective treatment for dandruff. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic surgeon.
Losing weight is not just about knocking off a few pounds, it is about living healthy. If you are overweight then your chances of being affected by heart diseases increase. On an overall basis, apart from negatively impacting your self-esteem, it can make you prone to a host of life-threatening disorders. For weight loss, it is important to understand the causes of weight gain, some of which are:
- Consuming fatty foods: If you are consuming more food than the required amount, it is likely that you will put on weight. Consuming foods that are rich in simple carbohydrates and starch can lead to excess calories in the body.
- Disorders: Various metabolic disorders like problems of the thyroid gland or being diabetic can cause you to put on weight.
- Being physically inactive: If you follow a sedentary lifestyle then it is more likely that you will put on weight. Usually jobs that involve sitting behind a desk for long periods of time make people prone to obesity.
These are some reasons that can cause weight gain. If you are overweight then the initial resort is to undertake lifestyle changes. From eating a well-balanced diet to being more physically active are the primary changes that you may commit to. In case you are not seeing visible changes then you may opt for non surgical treatment for weight loss.
The cosmetic techniques by which you can lose fat are:
- Ultrasonic Lipolysis: Ultrasonic lipolysis is a non-surgical technique to get rid of fat. In this technique, ultrasound waves are used to target fat tissues and get rid of it. A transducer (device used to convert energy from one form to another) is kept on the affected area where it emits energy. The fat cells are metabolized by the body and drained from the body further helping in weight loss.
- Mesotherapy: Mesotherapy is a technique that focuses on getting rid of fat from the body by injecting medications in the affected area. It uses a combination of herbs and minerals to destroy the fat cells in your body.
- Endermology: It is a process that involves using rollers to roll over the top portion of the skin which leads to fat loss from the body. It also helps in revitalizing and reshaping the skin, further enhancing weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Acne can be such an annoyance, you might have an important day tomorrow and that is when your skin decides to go rogue. What is acne? Overactive oil glands in your skin cause acne. It is a kind of skin disease where the skin produces excess oil, which traps bacteria and dead skin cells. This growth and proliferation of bacteria causes inflammations, leading to acne. Thankfully there are numerous acne care treatment. One of the most common methods is laser treatment.
Laser Treatment for acne
Laser treatment is a kind of dermatological treatment which uses concentrated light to treat acne.
What laser light does?
The concentrated light targets the bacteria, which combines with the excess oil on your face to cause breakouts. The light destroys the acne-causing bacteria, thus eliminating acne and also prevents future breakouts.
Laser treatment also shrinks the size of the oil glands and simultaneously targets pigmentation.
Laser light and scars?
The most common side effect of acne is acne scarring. And if acne scarring is your main concern, then laser treatment for acne will be integrated with laser skin resurfacing to treat your problem. Laser skin resurfacing directs short, pulsating light beams to remove your skin layer by layer with sharp precision. This smooths down scars, and fine lines while stimulating collagen growth.
It is recommended to use the two treatments alternatively. This way you can avoid side effects like redness and swelling. However, these treatments are safe and can give you clear, acne-free skin.
Is it recommended often?
The treatment is recommended based on the severity and frequency of your acne condition. Usually, 6 treatments are suggested, with monthly touch-ups. The touch-ups will maintain your glowing complexion, collagen production and prevent your acne from returning.
Differences you will see
The obvious differences you will see after laser therapy are clearer skin and reduced breakouts. It will also diminish sun damage, and you will have healthy and glowing skin.
When topical creams fail, laser treatment for acne is the best option available. Laser treatment is non-invasive; and it will correct you skin problems and maintain clear skin. The best benefits of this treatment are-
i. It is long-term
ii. It will make you less dependable on creams.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic physician.
Sleeplessness and iron deficiency can cause dark circles; and in such cases, adequate rest and plenty of iron-rich foods and supplements are enough. But sometimes, dark circles can be resilient and refuse to go away. If you find your dark circles not receding, no matter how much supplements you take and rest you get, chances are they are caused by hyper pigmentation.
What is Pigmentation?
When patches of skin darken due to excessive melanin (a skin pigment) production, it is called pigmentation. Common manifestations of pigmentation are freckles, age spots, brown spots and, most primarily dark circles. The causes of pigmentation include:
1. Sun exposure- age spots are caused by sun exposure, especially in older skin
2. Scarring- acne, burns or abrasions can cause scarring, which darkens the skin
3. Genetics- freckles are genetic, and factors such as hormones or sun exposure can worsen them
4. Pregnancy- patches of skin on the face or abdomen darken during pregnancy
The most common method to treat pigmentation caused dark circles is hydroquinone, which is an ingredient that lightens skin. When hydroquinone is used in creams, it takes a long time for it to come into effect. Dark circles may take a long time to completely fade away.
Laser Treatment for Dark Circles
If all the anti-pigmentation creams fail you, and even the dermatologist said that hydroquinone would take too long, the best option available for you is laser treatment for hyper pigmentation. Laser treatment uses beams of concentrated light to remove the pigmentation from underneath your eyes. At the same time, it reduces any other problems you may have, such as acne, fine lines or wrinkles. Sometimes, laser skin resurfacing would be used together with laser treatment for pigmentation. This ensures lasting effects and clearer complexion. However, you must consult a dermatologist before opting for laser treatment, since it is not recommended for everyone. For instance, people with sensitive skin must talk to a doctor before undergoing treatment. Also, laser treatment should be your last resort if other methods fail (such as limiting sun exposure or changing cosmetic creams).