Hello. I am Dr. Harshita Sethi, MD in Ayurveda. I had completed MD from Lucknow and try to practice with my daily life, to my family members in practicing Ayurveda since 2002. So today I am going to talk about a common problem which many girls are facing. Even the men are also facing this problem, i.e, Hair fall. This problem arises with some other problem and this is an additional symptom of having hair fall. Also you see very dull and thin hair. So I asked them what you're eating. Are you absorbing the food properly? Is your digestion is proper because there are so many causes of hairfall nowadays.
You are surrounded with the radiations, you are surrounded with the chemicals, too many pollutants so there can be any cause. It can be watered, it can be chemicals. Whatever you are eating the vegetables they are not very right kind nowadays. So we can blame on anything. But we have to find out the basic cause also. Oh that are we doing our part whatever we are having the food vegetable but I'll be consuming things properly. Are we absorbing them properly and is it assimilating in our body to give the proper minerals and nutrition which is required for the growth of hair and nails. So we have to think inside us, we have to go inside us and find out the cause. I'll be taking proper vegetable juices, proper soups, four fruits in a day. Like we say an apple a day keeps the doctor away. So are we taking a proper five-day food amount in a day to give us a proper nutrition because the deficiency of minerals and sometimes the causes are some autoimmune disorders which is you know not very common cause it is yes thirty percent cause can be due to that it could be thyroid problem.
But the main causes are nutritional deficiency which we can easily cure and we also do some therapies. So whenever the patient comes to me, I tell them the same diet required to be followed. This diet chart, lifestyle part you have to follow. Avoid the causes and follow this diet chart and take this medicine for short time and then we do some therapies also for the quick results in which we do Shirodhara therapy which is an excellent therapy to provide that nutrition to hairs and calm down your nerves and take out the stress because sometimes stress is also the cause.
You are not giving the time properly to yourself, when you're stressed out, not getting proper sleep so for that we do therapy for the quick results and I want to show you the therapy shirodhara how we do it. Let me take you to the therapy room. So this is the shirodhara therapy which I wanted to show you. Here the oil is flowing. This is a bhringraj oil which we use for the treatment of hair falls and it flows for 30 minutes on the aagya chakra and we massage and get some pressure point massage also to the patient to provide the nourishment to the whole scalp. It goes in the roots of the hair follicles and it calm down the nerves. Sometimes the hair fall is due to stress so we relieve the stress and calms down the nerves and person now the patient will have proper sleep and it also stimulates the hair growth and very nourishing to the hair and very calming therapy. This is called shirodhara and after that we do 15 minutes Head massage which goes deep into the root and then we cover the hair with the hot towel in order to penetrate the oil deeply into the scalp.
There is one more therapy in which we apply some here packs and we apply some Ayurveda scrumps and the shirodhara therapy we do it for seven sittings or sometimes we have to do for fifteen sittings also. Depends on the chronicity and the problem of the person and at this therapy as you see it the oil flows on this agya chakra and then it goes deep inside after some sitting than it stimulates the pituitary gland also, stimulates the hormone. What we do what we do we collect the oil and we keep repeating this oil to flow for 30 minutes on the Aagya chakra which goes into the whole head. This therapy is also very good for insomnia where the person have sleeping disorder. They take time for the sleep or big sleep breaks up. The pattern is not very irregular so this is also very good for such cases. For stress and anxiety, this therapy is really good . Applying some pressure on the pressure points which is called Marma point in Ayurveda. So this is shirodhara therapy which I wanted to show that we do it in a very calm surroundings and swing surroundings with mantra chanting and all so the person enjoys it and is very helpful in hair fall.
Thank you so much and if you want to contact me for this therapy or want to conserve me you can contact me on lybrate and I practice in Noida and gurgaon so you can contact me through lybrate.read more
Doctor in Avedna Ayurveda Noida
Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Treatment Of Male Sexual Problems
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Submit a review for Avedna Ayurveda NoidaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
It was satisfying to meet Dr. Harshita Sethi, as she very patiently gave us all the time required to diagnose and explain about the treatment. I really hope her consultation helps my son. The clinic was extremely well maintained. Many thanks.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be knowledgeable. Thank you very much.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Harshita Sethi to be very helpful. Thankyou so much
- Hangover wad first described 3000 years ago in ayurvedic text called sushruta samhita as a madatayay (post drinking condition charactetized by thirst, pain in head and joints, and heaviness of the body)
- As alcoholic drinks contain ethanol which the body breaks down into the toxins formaldehyde and formic acid about 10 hours after drinking, making you feel ill.
- Ginger honey water- honey contains potassium and frutose which neutralise the lethal impact and metabolize and flushes out faster. Add 1 tea spoon of ginger juice in 1 cup of warm water and add on 1 tea spoon of honey and consume it warm and repeat as many times as required or bite couple of little pieces of ginger.
I Don't have time for exercise. Like abdomen wall. I Want to lose 4 Kg. Build up abdomen muscle. I did caesarean section 1 year back.Please suggest me something for that.
When the thyroid gland is affected, leading to the thyroid disorder of an underactive nature, it is termed as hypothyroidism. The thyroid gland which is found in the lower portion of the neck is critical to the proper functioning of the human body’s metabolism. In simple words, the thyroid hormone being released by this gland has to travel throughout the body to help in the use of energy gained from the food consumed and to keep the vital parameters such as the heartbeat in the right condition. When some antibodies attack the thyroid gland, and don’t permit it to release adequate amounts of hormones into the system, the hypothyroid condition results.
The Causes for Hypothyroidism
An inflammation caused to the thyroid gland can result in this condition. This is an auto-immune disorder, in the sense that some internal factors can trigger this inflammation. Medically, the inflammation is termed “thyroiditis”. There are also other factors that can cause hypothyroidism. These include radiation therapy. If the therapy has been administered near the neck area and the rays have penetrated to the thyroid gland, the inflammation can occur. Even those suffering from hyperthyroidism, the overactive form of thyroid and given radioactive iodine treatment can suffer from this condition due to the damage caused to the gland. Lastly, certain specific medications, if consumed regularly, can cause the condition.
Particular Sections of the Community at Risk
While there is no strict division among the population on vulnerability to be affected by hypothyroidism, research has indicated that women, and that too older women, may be more at risk. Men may be at a lower risk. Besides this, there are other profiles such as race and age which can also have a bearing on the level of risk. Of particular significance is that people who already suffer from autoimmune disorders are more likely to suffer from hypothyroidism than others.
Symptoms and Diagnosis
Many symptoms might not be unique to the hypothyroidism condition and can be misleading. Constipation, depression, hair loss and fatigue are some of them and an experienced medical practitioner will weigh the other factors, including the profiles explained above to reach the proper conclusion. The conventional TSH (thyroid-stimulating hormone) and T-4 (thyroxine) blood tests will be advised by the physician and the results should provide a reasonable confirmation of the condition. If doubts still persist an ultrasound or scan can also be ordered.
As mentioned, for the body’s metabolism to function normally, it is essential that the thyroid gland releases the thyroid hormone in sufficient quantities. Treatment of hypothyroidism is therefore very essential. The most frequently followed treatment is to prescribe regular intake of the synthetic thyroid hormone called T4. It is usually available in the form of a pill and has to be taken daily. The physician will know the concentration and dosage to be advised. Periodically testing your blood is necessary to monitor the levels.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Winter is a period of cloudy skies and cold, damp, heavy atmosphere. This is vata- kapha dominant season. Hence a vata- kapha pacifying measures or lifestyle should be followed to remove dryness and to maintain good health:
• Plenty of herbal teas and warm spices like cinnamon, cardamom, cloves, black pepper should be consumed in foods and drink.
• Herbs like turmeric and pippali are very good during winter as they fight against infections and strengthen the immune system.
• Avoid faulty food combinations such as fruit
Hello Dr, I have pcod and thyroid problem and I would like to know that can I use betamethasone dipropionate and zinc sulphate lotion, diprovate plus on my face as I have discoloration on my face and pimples marks.
How to tackle difficult situation or difficult conversation with your family?
- Fill them with your kindness
- Instead of avoiding conflict, facing difficult relationships with loving kindness can often prevent conflict from ever taking place.
- Attempt to melt them down with your warm warmth.
- Remember healthy mind can keep healthy body and keep everyone healthy around.
Everyday Habits That Can Cause Headache
I have pain in left hand and numbness in two fingers I am attaching MRI report. How it can cure since 70 days ,I consult Neurologist, ortho,ayurved and I do panchkarm since 40 days pain reduce but numbness is same what should de done I have marriage on next month want to be active in my daily routine. I feel little weakness in my left hand, a and pain while doing some work.
Parkinsonism is often mistaken for Parkinson's Disease. Though similar in quite a few aspects, yet Parkinsonism is not the same as Parkinson's Disease. Parkinsonism is a medical condition whereby the affected individual exhibits some symptoms identical to those observed in the case of a Parkinson's disease.
Factors that lead to Parkinsonism
Parkinsonism can result from a host of factors and health condition such as
- Increased and repeated exposure to toxic gases and substances, namely organic solvents, cyanide, manganese, or carbon monoxide.
- People suffering from the repeated head injury (as in the case of boxing or wrestling).
- The medications used in the treatment of psychiatric problems (antipsychotic medicines) or those used in treating nausea (Prochlorperazine or even Metoclopramide). Some of the antipsychotic drugs have the potential to interfere (block) with the activity of the neurotransmitter Dopamine resulting in parkinsonism.
- The use of MPTP (1-Methyl-4-Phenyl-1,2,3,6-Tetrahydropyridine), especially the oxidized product MPP+ (1-methyl-4-Phenylpyridinium) can wreck havoc resulting in parkinsonism and the associated symptoms.
Some of the medical conditions that can contribute towards Parkinsonism include
- Viral Encephalitis (resulting in acute brain inflammation).
- Alzheimer's Disease (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder that triggers cognitive and behavioral problems often accompanied with dementia).
- Multiple system atrophy (a progressive neurodegenerative disorder resulting in dysfunctioning of the autonomic nervous system and the voluntary movements).
- Progressive supranuclear palsy or Steele-Richardson-Olszewski syndrome (a rare disorder of the brain that interferes with the balancing, walking, and the eye movements of the affected person.
- Stroke or a brain tumor.
- Lewy body dementia (a condition triggered by the unusual accumulation of alpha-synuclein protein in the brain with the person exhibiting symptoms associated with both Alzheimer's disease and Parkinson's disease).
- Wilson Disease (an autosomal recessive condition whereby copper starts accumulating in the vital organs including the liver and the brain).
In patients with parkinsonism,
- The muscles appear stiff. A person experiences a resting tremor (tremor that mainly affects one hand even when the muscles are relaxed), along with difficulty while walking or balancing their body. (These symptoms are also characteristic of a Parkinson's disease).
- Further, there may be early signs of dementia (loss of memory or forgetfulness). There may be Agnosia, Aphasia, or Apraxia
- Constipation, a dip in the blood pressure, difficulties in eating or swallowing of food.
- Hallucinations and loss of judgment (such as failing to locate the kitchen or bathroom at home).
- Unusual eye movements.
According to Ayurveda, Parkinsonism is a manifestation of the vitiation of the Vata Dosha (Wind energy) that takes place in the cranial nerves. Thus, corrective measures are followed to restore the balance between the Vata, Kapha, and Pitta Dosha.
- Panchakarma can bring about a visible improvement in patients with Parkinsonism. Oil massages using Ashwagandha and Bala can work wonders.
- Brahmi is another wonder herb used to treat Parkinsonism.
- Meditation, exercise (light to moderate), yoga can be helpful in the case of Parkinsonism.
- Try and make the diet as nutritious and healthy as possible.
- A Warm Ayurvedic Oil Application is very effective in relieving these kinds of aches and pain if done on regular basis.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!