Hair fall is most commonly prevalent in people who have had a family history of hair loss, genetic play a huge role in this. Some hormones also trigger hair loss which usually begins during puberty. Other factors such as traumatic events, surgeries and major illnesses can also trigger acute hair fall. In such cases, hair starts growing back on it own after some time. Temporary hair loss can be caused due to menopause, sudden discontinuation of birth control pills, childbirth and hormonal changes due to pregnancy. Sometimes severe medical conditions can also cause hair fall such as scalp infections (ringworm), alopecia areata (autoimmune disorder which damages the hair follicles) and thyroid disease. Disorders like lichen planus and certain types of lupus can also cause lichens which result in hair fall. Many times hair fall can also be triggered by the use of medications used to treat heart problems, depression, arthritis, high blood pressure and cancer. Emotional or physical shock can also trigger hair loss such as high fever, extreme weight loss and death in the family. A hair pulling disorder known as trichotillomania makes the affected person pull out his/her hair deliberately. It is an impulse control disorder which can be treated by therapy. The affected person can pull out hair from their eyelash, eyebrows and the scalp. Tying our hair very tightly puts immense pressure on the hair resulting in breakage. This is known as traction hair loss. Consuming less iron and protein in your diet can also lead to thin hair.
It is vital to visit a dermatologist if you are facing severe hair fall. The dermatologist is most likely to prescribe medications which contain corticosteroids and a substance called minoxidil. Hair transplant surgeries and scalp reduction surgery is also advised in severe cases.
There is probably no person who doesn’t lose some hair every day. In fact, losing about 100 hair in a day is considered normal. But if there is a problem of hair loss running in your family, you are vulnerable to lose even more hair. And it can lead to bald patches and spots in a short time. Approximately, half of all individuals suffer from this type of hair loss by the time they reach 50.
What are the causes of hair fall?
Although it has been speculated that hair loss is quite common, it could be a difficult thing to live with, particularly because it alters the way a person looks. Some of the most common causes of hair fall include:
How is hair fall treated?
PRP For Hair Fall
PRP or Platelet Rich Plasma is a very effective treatment for hair loss. It involves drawing out the blood from the patient’s body which is already rich in blood platelets. This blood is then concentrated to extract enriched blood platelets in the form of a serum. This serum is then injected into the scalp. PRP treatment can even be combined with hair transplant surgery, medication and micro needling to enhance their effectiveness.
Advantages of PRP treatment for hair fall-
Non-Eligibility for a PRP treatment
Hair fall also known as alopecia is a problem encountered by millions of men and women worldwide. Hair fall can be a very distressing problem and can make you feel depressed. Hair fall may happen due to several reasons. Finding out the root cause of your hair fall will help you to deal with your problem more efficiently. Following are some causes that could be the reason for your hair fall:
But there is no reason for you to be disheartened, because there are many treatments available for controlling hair fall. Homeopathy offers promising remedies for reducing hair fall.
Some of the treatment methods are mentioned below:
Hair fall must not be ignored. You may consider visiting a homeopathic doctor if your hair is falling at an alarming rate.
Hair loss, as the name itself implies, refers to the loss of hair from scalp / head; another term used to describe this is alopecia. It is a broad term that also includes thinning of hair. While genetics plays a vital role in this condition that afflicts both men and women, there are several other factors that are involved in bringing on this problem in people. In order to understand the reasons for hair fall better, it is essential that you learn about the various growth stages of hair.
The hair growth cycle consists of three phases:
After completion of last stage, the entire cycle is repeated. Each single hair undergoes these three phases of growth independent of the other hair on the scalp. Normally, at a given point of time about 90% of hair is in the anagen phase and only 10% is in the telogen phase. When this ratio is altered, it leads to increased rate of hair loss. Hair loss can occur at any age, and can be prevalent in both males and females. Hair loss in itself is not a disease, but a sign that often indicates various other diseases. Hair loss occurs as a result of various diseases or factors and in different patterns.
The various causes / factors leading to hair loss include:
Skin diseases affecting the scalp like fungal infection of scalp known as tinea capitis, seborrhoea (dandruff), eczema of scalp, or lichen planus.
Homeopathy for hair growth
Although hair loss is not a life-threatening condition, but it can be a source of constant stress and worry in the people affected by it. A person suffering from hair loss possesses lower self-esteem and self-confidence level, and also feels embarrassed when in company of other people. Homeopathy can very efficiently deal with cases of hair loss, and produce excellent results. In Homeopathy, a huge number of wonderful medicines are present that are used to tackle hair loss cases.
Every kind of hair loss (ranging from hair loss due to anemia / nutritional deficiencies, due to skin disorders, due to mental / physical trauma, due to childbirth or menopause, after acute diseases, to alopecia areata, alopecia totalis or androgenetic alopecia) can be treated with the help of well selected homeopathic medicines. To treat hair loss through homeopathy, detail case history of the patient needs to be studied. The cause and site of hair loss are to be noted down along with the constitutional symptoms of the patient which are given prime importance in any kind of case of hair loss. The constitutional symptoms include the eating habits, level of thirst, thermals, mental symptom etc. and these are to be given top position in forming the totality of symptoms while case taking. After the case has been properly evaluated, the case homeopathic medicine is administered to the patient. Following is the list of homeopathic medicines for hair loss treatment that can be used.
Constitutional treatment helps-
The constitution of an individual plays an indispensable role in prescribing drug. Hence the role of constitution is crucial in achieving a cure. A constitutional prescription is based on the totality of the mental and physical reactions. It covers the level of susceptibility, the tendencies, the behavioral pattern and the underlying miasms.
In homeopathy, the choice of remedy is based on a consideration of the totality of an individual's symptoms and circumstances, including behaviours, personality, fears, food preferences, responses to the physical environment and so on.
Acupressure is a branch of alternative medicine similar to acupuncture, the only difference being that there are no needles involved but the application of pressure using either just hands or some implement. It is related to stimulating the life force or energy so as to normalise its flow throughout your body. It is an ancient Chinese technique that has existed for about 5000 years now. It can be used to provide relief from a variety of ailments, improve your immune system and prevent general predicaments like hair damage. Here are a few ways in which acupressure can help in treating hair problems:
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hair today, gone tomorrow. That might be your condition if you are not taking care of your hair properly. There are a lot of things you do almost daily that are adversely impacting your hair health. You might not even be aware of the damage you are doing to your tresses by indulging these activities. Read on to find out about the 5 worst things you do to your hair on a daily basis.
1. Excessive hair brushing: Here’s why brushing your hair excessively is bad for your hair: it causes breakage and strips your hair of its natural nourishing oils. To avoid this, try limiting the use of your hair brush to about just two times in a day. Brushing right after you wake up is a good idea, as it helps in distributing the oils produced by your scalp down your hair shaft, which act as a natural conditioner for your hair.
2. Tying your hair in a ponytail everyday: If you tie your hair in a ponytail everyday then chances are you are applying consistent pressure to on the same hair shafts, resulting in brittle and weaker hair. In fact, doing so continuously can even retard hair growth. Try to leave it open as much as you can, but if you absolutely must tie a pony tail, then tie a loose one. Maybe even use booby pins to keep your hair in place instead of scrunchies. Alternating between high and low ponytails helps too.
3. Using a pre-used hairbrush: Your hairbrush contains a lot of germs, which can severely damage your hair. Using an unclean brush is one of the main reasons of damage hair, as these brushes contain dirt gathered from your hair which you’re giving back to your hair by using. It’s best to clean it once in a while to maintain proper hair health. The same holds true for other styling agents such as combs, curlers, rollers, straighteners etc.
4. Delaying a hair cut: Most of us are guilty of this crime. What with your jam-packed schedule and work overload, you often ignore that much needed trip to the salon. Prolonging a haircut is never a good idea as it can lead to a bad case of split ends, which can result in hair that tangles a lot and causes hair fall. Regular trimming sessions, once every 6 weeks, are a must.
5. Shampooing in excess: Some of you prefer your scalp to be squeaky clean every single day, believing that daily dust and pollution require you to indulge in this unhealthy habit. Well, it’s best to stop right now as you’re harming your hair by shampooing daily. Daily shampoos can completely strip your hair of its natural oils, causing your scalp to become dry, leaving your hair with a dry, messy and rough feel. However. Delaying hair wash is not good either. It is best to shampoo whenever your hair feels greasy and dirty.
Avoid doing these to your hair, and let your tresses breathe so that they look healthy and shine with a natural glow.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!