Orange essential oil is one of the most well known and widely used essential oil. It provides a ton of health benefits. It can be used to treat muscular spasms all over the body. It is known for being a sedative and can help with feelings of stress, anxiety, and trauma. It can even help with inflammation in the body. Orange essential oil has strong antiseptic and antibacterial properties which is why it is used to prevent internal and external infections. It can boost the immune system and works as a stimulant and tonic for the body. It is good for digestion as it stimulates the secretion of gastric bile and juices and also gets rid of excess gas in the system. It can make you urinate more frequently and therefore is good for purifying your body. Orange essential oil is a known aphrodisiac and can help with the loss of libido, erectile dysfunction, and even impotence. This oil is very good for your skin as it can help you fight the signs of ageing such as wrinkles and fine lines, and can also help you fight acne and reduces the appearance of scars and spots. It is rich in antioxidants and boosts your immune system. There are studies that show that orange essential oil is very good for improving your cognitive function and even helps with Alzheimer’s disease. It can also be used to get rid of houseflies in your home.
Orange essential oil, as you may have guessed, comes from the orange fruit. However, it does not come from the pulp of the fruit, but rather from the peels. It is obtained through a process known as cold compression which extracts the oil from the peel and makes it usable. It contains all the nutrients of oranges in a more potent form, as well as all the chemical components of oranges. It has a strong citrusy smell and is used widely for its many medicinal uses. It is also popular in aromatherapy because of its refreshing fragrance.
Oranges are filled with nutrients which is why they are so good for your health. In 100 grams of orange essential oil, you will find a total of 47 calories. It only contains 0.1 grams of fat out of which there is no saturated fat, polyunsaturated fat, or monounsaturated fat in it. It has no cholesterol or sodium present in it, however it does have 181 mg of potassium in it. It has a total carbohydrate content of 12 grams, out of which there is 2.4 grams of dietary fiber and 8 grams of sugar. Orange essential oil has 0.9 grams of proteins and is rich in certain types of minerals. It has 88% of the daily recommended dosage of Vitamin C, 5% of vitamin B-6, 2% of magnesium, 4% of vitamin A and 4% of calcium. It does not contain any vitamin D or B-12. It has a few vital chemical components as well. The main components of this oil are Alpha Pinene, Citronellal, Geranial, Sabinene, Myrcene, Limonene, Linalool, and Neral. These are all good for the body and contribute to its overall health and protection in several ways.
Orange essential oils have antispasmodic properties. A spasm in an involuntary contraction of a muscle present anywhere in the body and these can range from mild to severe. They can, at best, be uncomfortable, and at worst, cause a lot of pain and damage to your organs or system. Orange essential oil helps treat and control spasms. It can help with a host of problems like convulsions, continuous coughing, diarrhea, and muscle cramps. The oil can help treat and prevent both muscular and nervous spasms from occurring in the body.
Orange essential oil has the properties of a sedative. This means that it can help you relax. When you have a hard day at work or just want to get relief from inflammation in your body, natural sedatives can be the answer to your problems because they do not have side effects like most tranquillizers present in the market. It can help you with feelings of anxiety, stress, and depression and lets you calm down entirely. If you are suffering from insomnia or just have trouble sleeping, this essential oil can help you relax and fall asleep. Moreover, orange essential oil also relieves inflammation, which is a part of the effects of being a sedative. It works on both, internal and external inflammation that can be caused due to a variety of reasons such as spicy food, fever, infections, gas, antibiotics, narcotics, ingesting toxic substances, or any irritants. Orange essential oil can provide you with quick relief from all the symptoms of inflammation. It can also be used externally on muscles and joints and is particularly effective in eradicating knee pain. It can help with mild rheumatoid and arthritis due to this effect.
Orange essential oil also works as a mild aphrodisiac. Though not as strong as some of the other essential oils present in the market like the oils of myrrh, this essential oil can provide you with the same benefits, though in smaller quantities. If you have lost your libido or are disinterested in sex, this essential oil can help get the sparks flying again. Moreover, it can help with erectile dysfunction and impotence as well. It also helps with frigidity and can be great for reigniting the fires at home.
Orange essential oil works as a stimulant. It is extremely effective on the endocrine and exocrine systems. This means that it stimulates the secretion of important hormones and enzymes, which ultimately affect the way your system functions and ensure the overall health of your organs and body. Orange essential oil can be used to stimulate a number of other important secretions as well. It stimulates menstruation, the secretion of important digestive juices, lactation, bile, and other enzymes that are needed by your body on a daily basis. Thus, it can be useful in promoting the overall health of your body.
Orange essential oil has strong antibacterial properties and can be used on cuts, wounds, and abrasions to prevent the growth and spread of bacteria. This helps in preventing bacterial infections from occurring. This essential oil also has antifungal properties and can prevent the growth of fungus that leads to fungal infections both externally and internally in the body. It is effective against most microbial infections. Furthermore, orange essential oil also has antiseptic properties. This can prevent a wound from becoming septic and developing tetanus later. It is very good at keeping your body safe from all kinds of germs.
Orange essential oil can be used as a remedy for depression as well. This oil is known for lifting the spirits, which is why it is so popularly used in aromatherapy. Just the smell of oranges tends to make people feel much happier and lighter. When used in a diffuser, orange essential oil can help promote feelings of lightness and calmness. It can lower your heart rate and thereby make you physically calm as well (and not just mentally calm). Furthermore, it can reduce the effect of salivary cortisol in the case of child anxiety.
Urination is an important body function that keeps the entire body clean. It helps remove unwanted toxins, ureic acid, excess water, excess fats, salts, and excess calcium from the body, which keeps it functioning well. Orange essential oil is a known diuretic which means that it can promote urination that is regular and frequent. This can help you increase your appetite and improve your digestion. By removing excess fats, you can work towards weight loss more efficiently as well. Furthermore, the removal of excess calcium from the body can help prevent the occurrence of kidney stones.
Orange essential oil acts as a tonic. This makes it extremely good for the body as it has boosting properties. These properties ensure that the right amounts of hormones and enzymes are secreted by specific organs at the right time. As a result, the body functions just as it is meant to function. It can keep all your systems running smoothly. Ultimately, this helps in keeping you healthy and free from any kinds of disorders that can disrupt your health and lifestyle.
The buildup of excess gas in the body can be very bad for your health. It can cause a lot of pain and damage to your system. Orange essential oil has carminative properties. This means that it helps expel all excess gas from your system. Due to these properties, it also helps you gain relief from all the uncomfortable and sometimes embarrassing symptoms of gas just as chest pains, headaches, abdominal cramps, increased flatulence, indigestion, acidity, bloating, and general discomfort. It can even aid digestion by ensuring everything moves along smoothly.
Apart from the ones listed above, orange essential oil offers a ton of other health benefits as well. It can boost your immunity, detoxify your system, treat constipation, and even dyspepsia. It is extremely good for your skin and can prevent the effects of ageing from showing up early such as wrinkles, fine lines, and spots. It can also be used to treat acne. It even helps with dermatitis. There are studies that show that orange essential oil is very good for improving your cognitive function and even helps with Alzheimer’s disease. It can also be used to get rid of houseflies in your home.
Orange essential oil has many uses. It is commonly used in aromatherapy as it blends with a number of other essential oils such as the oils of lime, lemon, cinnamon, cloves, ginger, frankincense, sandal wood, vetiver, and even black pepper. It is used in aromatherapy due to its effects of being a sedative and relaxant. Furthermore, orange essential oil is used while cooking to add flavor to food and is even used to add flavor to beverages. It is used widely in the FMCG sector in various cosmetic products such as lotions, moisturizers, soaps, face washes, and even face packs. Orange essential oil is also used in perfumes, deodorants, and body mists because of its lovely citrusy smell. It can help people combat their bad body odor.
Orange essential oil is known to show photo toxicity, which is why it should be stored in dark places. If ingested in large amounts, this oil can make you vomit and even lose your appetite. It can even cause nausea. If you have extremely sensitive skin, or are vulnerable to allergies, you should definitely perform a patch test to see whether or not it gives you an allergic reaction. On a general note, it is always preferable to speak to your doctor or herbalist before adding anything new to your lifestyle or diet just to make sure that you don’t accidentally cause harm to your system, rather than the benefits.
Oranges are one of the oldest fruits in the world and their exact point of origin is not known. It is believed that these fruits originated in China, northwestern India, and even some areas of southeastern Asia. The earliest mention of cultivating this fruit was in 2,500 BC in China. Oranges were cultivated in a large scale in Europe in the 10th century and spread all over the world once the Age of Discovery began. The original usage of orange essential oil is not clear, although it has been a part of herbal medication and Ayurvedic medication since ancient times.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin
1. Frankincense oil – this ancient essential oil has numerous antioxidants that can improve skin elasticity, while also reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and blemishes. It can also stimulate the growth of new cells, speeding up the repair process for damaged or inflamed areas of skin.
2. Jojoba oil – with high levels of vitamin e, vitamin b, copper and zinc, this essential oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin and stimulating healing. Vitamin e is a common ingredient in many different products, and functions as an antioxidant, removing signs of aging, such as wrinkles, blemishes and age spots, while also forming a natural layer of oil that locks in moisture.
3. Tea tree oil – the antimicrobial and antibacterial nature of tea tree oil makes it an excellent essential oil for eliminating acne symptoms and improving the appearance of your body’s largest organ. A great deal of research has been done on the subject, and it shows that patient using tea tree oil have much lower occurrences of acne breakouts and the existing lesions from past acne breakouts can be notably reduced by using this powerful oil.
4. Ylang ylang oil – to stimulate the growth of new cells, applying ylang ylang oil to irritated or inflamed skin is a quick and effective remedy. This oil is also excellent for combating acne, given its antibacterial nature, which can eliminate the bacteria that causes overproduction of sebum.
5. Juniper oil – with an ability to detoxify the body and speed healing time for wounds and irritation, juniper oil is one of the best essential oils for your skin. Many people choose to apply juniper oil to bumps or uneven areas of their body, as well as patches of cellulite, as the active ingredients can clear out the toxins that cause those conditions.
6. Clary sage oil – acne may be caused by bacteria within the sebaceous glands, but it is also known as an inflammatory condition. As such, clary sage oil is an ideal remedy, given its high concentration of anti-inflammatory compounds, such as linalyl acetate. This essential oil can also control oil production, leaving your skin ph more balanced and giving a cleaner, healthier look.
￼7. lavender oil: this popular essential oil tackles the problem of acne in a few different ways. First of all, lavender oil is known to reduce stress, and there is a proven connection between stress levels and acne on the face. Furthermore, lavender oil is packed with antioxidants and antiseptic properties, so it can quickly neutralize the bactSweet basil oil – eria causing your acne symptoms, preventing the excess sebum production and addressing the problem at the root.
8. Rosehip seed oil: as a natural cleanser, few things are better than rosehip seed oil. Due to the high concentration of natural vitamin a, this oil can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, clear up blemishes and age spots, and stimulate collagen production and the growth of new cells. Furthermore, rosehip seed oil can tighten up the skin and improve elasticity, giving you a more youthful look.
9. Juniper berry oil – powerful antibacterial compounds found within this essential oil, namely alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, can quickly seek out and destroy the bacteria that is causing your acne symptoms. Known to eliminate skin infections very quickly, and reduce inflammation and redness, this oil should be on your shopping list if acne is a common issue you face.
10. Sandalwood oil – our skin is exposed to the natural elements and pollutants more than any other organ in the body, so the repair of skin cells is a constant process. Sandalwood oil can speed this process by stimulating the production of new cells, while also smoothing the surface of the skin and limiting signs of aging.
Essential oils for dry skin and skin tags
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.
1. Myrrh oil – when the skin dries out, it can become cracked or chapped, which can cause painful irritation and open you up to infection. Not only can myrrh oil protect you from any infections or pathogens that could enter the body through the skin, but it also helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. It can also help to heal sun damage quickly, which can make your skin even drier.
2. Orange oil – this essential oil is a natural moisturizing agent, meaning that it can prevent the body from losing excess moisture, while also delivering rejuvenating antioxidants and organic acids deep into the skin layers, protecting cell integrity and making it harder for your flesh to dry out.
3. Grapeseed oil – high in antioxidants and capable of regulating the oil production of the skin, grapeseed oil is the perfect essential oil if you are constantly experiencing dry skin. By boosting the ability of the body to retain its moisture, while also providing a barrier to prevent excess moisture loss, this oil can keep your skin supple and soft, even as you age.
4. Neroli oil – with powerful antioxidant and circulation-stimulating properties, neroli oil is great for eliminating skin tags and preventing them from returning. The flow of blood to the top layers of the skin can eliminate toxins and result in the growth of new cells, which helps to even out lumps and tags.
5. Oregano oil – boasting strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties, oregano oil can help heal skin tags within a few weeks of use. It will stimulate blood flow and promote detoxification, which can often cause the flesh to even out, thus reducing the appearance of unsightly tags.
6. Sweet basil oil – with antiseptic, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, sweet basil oil has been directly linked to the reduction of these tags. If you regularly apply this oil to the skin tags, they will eventually fall off, or flatten out and disappear.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry, essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin:
Essential oil for dry skin and skin tags:
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft skin growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.