Doctor in Fortis Hiranandani Hospital - Vashi
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Fortis Hiranandani Hospital - VashiYour feedback matters!
Advancements in research have enabled scientists to make new inroads in the field of wound and tissue healing. The result of these researches is PRP, which is a natural way to rejuvenate your scalp, skin and stimulate your hair growth.
How does PRP Work?
The presence of mesenchymal stem cells and autologous blood products in human blood contain specific growth factors that assist in tissue regeneration and healing. PRP has been used to heal skin and wounds for over two decades now. Apart from this, it finds use in oral surgery, cosmetic surgery and neurosurgery as well. It is also the promising treatment to promote hair growth.
- It is a progressive healing treatment that doesn't require surgery.
- Simple, rapid and highly effective system.
- Autologous (from patient's own blood).
- The system is biocompatible and xeno-free, so there shouldn't be any safety concerns.
- An increase in the concentration of platelets can be observed.
- It helps in the elimination of undesired erythrocytes, which significantly decrease the fibroblast proliferation.
- Contains growth factors that help in the stimulation of growth of the hair follicles.
- Can be performed preoperatively, intraoperatively, or post operatively.
PRP Facial (Vampire Facial)
The vampire facial involves topical application of the PRP combined with aeration of the skin with Micro Needling. The platelet-derived growth factors stimulate a healing response that reduces the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles while improving the skin’s tone and texture. PRP naturally improves all aspects of skin health:
- Reduces fine lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin’s texture and tone
- Naturally increases collagen production
- Pore refinement
- Creates a natural glow
- Reduces acne scars
PRP Hair Restoration
PRP Hair Restoration is a non-surgical solution for hair loss in both men and women. Platelet Rich Plasma contains growth factors that naturally stimulate the development of new hair follicles while improving the health of existing hair follicles.
What to expect:
First, a blood sample is obtained and processed to extract the Platelet Rich Plasma. A topical anesthetic is applied to numb the area being treated. The PRP is then administered with a fine needle in a series of injections on the scalp.
Mild swelling and redness can be expected 1-2 days following the treatment. It is recommended to avoid vigorous activity until the swelling has subsided. There is no other downtime following the procedure. New hair growth can be seen as early as 2 months, but is typically evident between 5-8 months and will continue to improve up to a year after treatment.
Who should Not Have PRP treatment?
Those with heavy drug and smoking issue should avoid PRP. Also, those who drink a lot of alcohol should avoid PRP. Those suffering from platelets related ailments, sepsis, chronic liver disease, thrombocytopenia, hyperfibrinogenemia, systemic disorders and cancer should also stay away from PRP.
At length, PRP is a boon for all those who aren't fans of surgery or the ones who prefer a more aggressive but non-surgical approach for treatment to their ailments. The results might vary from patient to patient, but it is certainly one of the most promising technologies to stimulate hair growth and rejuvenate your skin, and the results are quite convincing. So decide wisely!
Dear sir, My daughter is suffering from Vitiligo from child hood & she is now 20 years old. Is there any full proof treatment which may lead her free from white patches? Thanking you. Regards.
I used to have pimples that cured but left depressions and scar on lower cheeks please recommend me treatment with cost and duration.
Homoeopathy: the science of healing from within
The unique way of treatment optimises the patient's ability to heal its body, thus making homoeopathy universally applicable to all kinds of diseases.
A homoeopathic doctor has a different way of exploring the patient.
A homoeopathic-practitioner aims at an overall, comprehensive approach towards each one of its patients. An excellent homoeopathic practitioner not only should aim at taking steps in understanding and curing the disease, but also be learning about the patient's lifestyle, thought-processes, and psychological make-up that may affect the medical conditions. Homoeopathic physicians, like any other doctor, ask you about your health history, clinically examine you, and conduct investigations.
Keen to know you
A homoeopath may not only ask you questions about your physical health but also your mental health. There may be psychological treatments first, as homoeopathic doctors believe that it is crucial to know the psychological status of the patient; what is one going through in the personal life, and such aspects that affect the patient's medical conditions. The doctor will take a keen interest in knowing the patient as an individual, including the unique way in which the patient presents its symptoms.
Homoeopathic consultation includes questions about the person's lifestyle, eating habits, sleeping patterns, and approach towards a stressful situation. Considering all these factors, a homoeopath will select the most appropriate medicine that will stimulate the patient's ability to heal itself. This method helps a homoeopath to prescribe the medication in a particular potency. This medicine is either in pills/globules form or dilution in a liquid form.
Is homoeopathy capable of treating every disease?
Homoeopathy applies to all kinds of diseases, all acute as well as chronic conditions that can be treated with other medicines. May it be a simple cough and cold, urinary tract infection, or chronic diseases such as asthma, arthritis, pcod (polycystic ovary disease; affecting one in 10 women), diabetes, and many more.
Following is a list of diseases that homoeopathy can effectively treat:
- Infections: acute rhinitis (inflammation of the nose membrane), conjunctivitis, urinary tract infections, gastroenteritis, amoebiasis, and a few more.
- Pediatric illnesses: repeated respiratory tract infections, bronchitis, acute and chronic otitis media, and adenoid hypertrophy.
- Skin illnesses: urticaria, psoriasis, eczema, warts, and more.
- Female-specific disorders: menstrual irregularities, pcod, menopause related complaints, complaints during pregnancy and lactation.
- Disease of psychosomatic origin: a migraine, irritable bowel syndrome, and more.
Is there any specific age group? can a child be treated with homoeopathy?
For homoeopathic treatment, there is no specific age limit. You can be of any age and may simultaneously take some other treatment; homoeopathy has suitable solutions for your complaints. These medicines have no restrictions even during pregnancy and lactation whereas other medications may have.
Why should one choose a homoeopathic treatment over other pathies?
Homoeopathic medicines are tested on healthy human beings; repeated trials are conducted, before application in patients. These are safe medicines for patients, including during pregnancy and lactation.
These medicines are pleasant to taste and hence can be used for any generation; from infants to geriatric groups. Oftentimes, they are not costly and affordable to all. They have no side effects, and homoeopathy does not have any habit-forming medicines.
How does one know that the medicine has expired?
One cannot consume the medicine if the globules have changed their colour from white to yellow. If the drug in liquid form has changed its colour or has turned into sediments, it is considered as expired. On purchasing the new medicines, they may have a smell of alcohol as they are freshly medicated. This smell reduces with time, but do not worry the loss of alcohol-smell does not affect the medicine's power to cure a disease. Homoeopathic medicines need to be stored in a cool and dry place away from sunlight.
From yesterday I am getting itching all over my body and in stomach there are some red small dots even they itch at times don't know why this itching came. Last week I had throat infection and Dr. prescribed me sinarest and almox 500 and wikoryl tablets is this because of that please help me I am worried.
Doctor when the Itching starts my skin remains same as normal only while itching it becomes little red. There is no mark of ring, Fungal or any sign of eczema.Please advise.
Often people think that homeopathy is only about sweet medicine good for minor ailments, but magic of homeopathy goes beyond that, effective in treating asthma, bronchitis, eczema, tonsillitis, acne, renal stones and the list goes so on. Especially great results with children who are often to fed with bitter medicines.
Many Indians are crazy about fair skin and go to extreme lengths to achieve and maintain a fair complexion. The media bombards you daily with very catchy advertisements of creams, lotions, sunscreens and other unscientific products that claim to make your skin fairer. Do you know that your skin colour is darker for very good evolutionary and biological reasons and that medically speaking, it is good that you do not have very fair skin?
Darker skin is adapted to sunlight and has increased quantity of a pigment called melanin. The more melanin you have, the darker your skin. And the safer you are! Melanin along with other factors, acts as a “natural umbrella” and prevents harmful radiation from entering your skin.
These are just some of the reasons why black skin is safe and beautiful:
- You are less prone to sunburns: White skinned individuals often get painful, carrot-red or tomato-red inflamed sunburns on exposure to sunlight. Some individuals also get blistering sunburns requiring aggressive medical treatment to control the reaction. Your darker skin allows you to spend much longer time on the beach and you probably have never ever experienced any blister due to sunlight.
- You do not experience photo-ageing: Fine and deep wrinkles, broken blood vessels on the nose and cheeks, freckles, age spots and rough scaly spots called keratosis are commonly seen in white skinned individuals with long term sun exposure. These set of changes are called photo-aging. Because of natural sun protection, your Indian skin remains has less wrinkles and is smoother, even when exposed to the same amount of sunlight.
- You are less prone to skin cancers: Without melanin, you can imagine white skin as a transparent covering, which allows harmful UV light to penetrate through into the lower layers of the skin. This radiation causes damage to the DNA and a few cells may mutate to cause skin cancers, some of which are deadly. You are lucky that your “natural umbrella” blocks UV light effectively and cells in different layers of the skin suffer much less damage compared to white-skinned individuals. However, don’t forget to see a dermatologist in case you see any new bump, or in case you see any change in(a)symmetry, border, color, diameter or evolution (ABCDE) of any existing moleon your skin.
However, on the flip side, since your skin is effective in shielding you from sunlight, you are also prone to Vitamin D deficiency. Sunlight is required for the production of Vitamin D and darker skinned individuals are more prone to this deficiency. Talk to your dermatologist about this possibility.
Sunscreens were developed to protect against sunburns and skin cancers and you probably do not need them as a routine, unless you work outdoors, on beaches or on mountains. Stay away from skin brightening creams, since many of them contain compounds which permanently damage your skin and organs. Make it a point to consult your dermatologist before putting any medication on your skin. Be proud and be happy that you have dark Indian skin. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
We grow up thinking of our nails as dead cells and pay attention to them only to trim them once a week. If you’re a woman, this might extend to painting them in different hues. However, the shape, texture and natural colour of your nails along with the rate at which they grow says a lot about your overall health.
Homeopathy is an effective way of treating nail disorders as it addresses the root cause of the problem. This form of treatment has negligible side effects and hence, can be used over a long period of time. However, homeopathy should never be used to self medicate. This is because a homeopathic prescription depends on the symptoms presented and the personality of the patient.
Here are a few changes in your nails that could be signs of health disturbances.
- Horizontal ridges: White horizontal ridges across your nails are developed when there is a pause in the growth of the nail. They could be an indication of an injury or a symptom of a serious illness. These are also known as Beau’s lines or Mee’s lines. Beau’s lines are developed due to psoriasis, diabetes, circulatory disease or a severe deficiency of zinc. Mee’s lines can be a result of arsenic poisoning, malaria, leprosy, Hodgkin’s disease or carbon monoxide poisoning.
- Vertical ridges: This is a common sign of aging and is usually nothing to worry about. However, in some cases, it could be a sign of vitamin B12 or magnesium deficiencies.
- Spoon nails: If the edges of your nails curve upwards and take on a spoon-like look, it could be a sign of anemia, excessive iron absorption, heart disease or hypothyroidism.
- Pitted Nails: Dents or pits in your nails are usually a sign of psoriasis. It could also be a symptom of tissue disorders such as Reiter’s syndrome or autoimmune diseases like alopecia areata.
- Dark nails: If you notice dark,discoloured patches on your nails, consult a doctor immediately. This could be due to melanoma which is the most dangerous form of skin cancer.
- Yellow Nails: Smoking and excessive use of acrylic nail polish are the two most common causes of yellow nails. However, if your nails are thinand crumbly along with being yellow, it could be a sign of a fungal infection. In rare cases, yellow nails could also be a sign of thyroid disorders, diabetes or psoriasis.
- Clubbing: Nails that are enlarged and curved downwards are said to be clubbed. This is typically a sign of low levels of oxygen in the blood. It could also be symptom of lung disease, liver and kidney disorders, AIDS and inflammatory bowel disease.