Greetings from Asta Medi Care. I am Dr. Virendra Kumar Raju.
I want to highlight a big problem that we are facing in hospitals and clinical practice - that is the resistance of the antibiotics. In general, everybody use antibiotics as a first treatment for any kind of condition of any dose , no matter what medicine they want if they are available.
So my request to everybody is - don’t take antibiotics without the prescription of a registered doctor that is a qualified doctor. Okay, because if you take the antibiotic at home at our own doses which may be two, which, if the antibiotics require three times a day dose, you take 2 time dose, antibiotic requires less a dose but if you take higher antibiotics that give the bugs, the bacteria, a chance to get exposed to the antibiotics at the dose which will not kill the bug. Later, the bug will get resistant to that antibiotics.
So next time you take the antibiotics, the bug will be more resistant to that, because of that your health will not improve, you will pay more for the antibiotics and you have to go to higher antibiotics and to the high hospitals for elements. So my request to everybody is that don’t take antibiotics by yourself. Consult a qualified doctor and on his advice take the full dose of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor. If the doctor says to take for five days, you have to take it for 5 days. Don’t stop the antibiotics.
Similarly the big scenario is coming the commonest infection which we are facing in India is tuberculosis. There is a big big problem to us. Nowadays tuberculosis is getting very very resistant to all the antibiotics, which we call multidrug-resistant or extreme drug resistant in which no matter what antibiotics you give, patient will not improve. So the cost and the effect is on our general public. So my request is don’t take antibiotic by yourself. Don’t go to chemist. Don’t go to unqualified doctor, and take their medicine.
Go to a registered regular doctor and take the medicine on his advice, secondly, another scenario which is coming up is the explosion of the chronic diseases like hypertension, diabetes and the cholesterol problem. The reason, nobody knows. 100% nobody knows why there is a reason. Why there are so much people are suffering from hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol problems, thyroid problem. Research is going on on that. But till then, what we should do? You all know that prevention is better than the cure. So you have to go for prevention.
To prevent these conditions we have to maintain your lifestyle. Proper lifestyle. Go for a, at least for half an hour of exercise. Exercise does not mean you have to go to the gym. You can just walk around. You can do a jogging. You can go for swimming. That will do that. Half an hour or one hour of exercise can keep your wait under check, which is very important. Don’t eat anything and keep your diet balance. It should not be too much non veg, too much veg, too much fatty food, too much sugar, you have to be careful. If you are on an office job , you have to reduce your diet.
But if you are an athlete and you are going for regular exercise you can have some Liberace in your diet. Second is that, don’t smoke. If you smoke, you are calling for lot of diseases. From cancer to the asthma to tuberculosis to anything you name it. Everything can be because of smoking, including diabetes and hypertension also. Third is that keep your weight under check. Fourth, is very important, follow the advice of the doctor. Because these blood pressures, diabetes. Cholesterol problems they are not going to be treated they have to under check, because prevention is better than cure.
What we have to prevent? First you have to prevent them, this diseases but if you get this diseases then you have to prevent the complications because those complications cannot be cured. Remember this. And those complications are dreaded complications. They will give you a lot of cost. They will make your life miserable, if not prolonged, if not shortened, okay. So you have to follow the advice of the doctor. Early age blood pressure and diabetes in 30’s or 40’s. So that in your later part of life is 55 or 60 years you will be happy, that is my point.
Follow the advice of doctor and keep your lives healthy. Thank you.read more
I am Dr. Kanu Verma, dermatologist, practicing in Dwarka Aastha Medi Care.
Today I will be talking about something for the hair treatment that is platelet-rich plasma therapy which is very commonly used these days for the hair restoration platelet plasma basically, concentrate of your platelets from your blood which is derived from your, patients whole blood only by centrifuge method. This platelet-rich plasma concentrate is very rich in the growth factors which helps in the hair, the restoration, the regrowth and skin rejuvenation so these are the two main indications of the PRP in the dermatology that is for the skin rejuvenation and for the hair restoration.
What is platelet rich plasma therapy do and how it is given. Actually it is given by very thin fine needles through the napal method. The blood is taken from the blood. It is centrifuged simultaneously and then it is immediately injected into the scalp with a very fine thin needle and the patient don’t feel the pain as the numbing gel is applied before the procedure so that the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort or pain. When this platelet-rich plasma goes inside the scalp it stimulates the hair roots for the hair regrowth, for new hair follicles formation and for the blood vascular we should, to increase the blood supply to the hair roots so that helps in the hair regrowth and it gives very natural results.
It doesn’t gives any unnatural looks like the hair transplantation used to do. It is not at all hair transplantation. It is your own blood. A portion of your own blood is reinjected into your skin for the hair regrowth. It can be given to who are the suitable candidates. Even both man and women both can be given this therapy. Persons having the thinning of hair. Male pattern baldness, thinning over the temples and over top of the scalp. Females having broadening of the center parting or male pattern hair loss. They are the suitable candidates for this.
Yes, this therapy is little expensive, because it requires many multiple sessions, usually 6 to 8 and the results will be seen. Patient start appreciating the results after 3 to 4 months 3 to 4 sittings. The therapy is very safe. There is no side effect as your own blood is used. There is no chance of infection, contamination. It is like an office procedure. No rest is required, patient can go to the work immediately. No admission required. So in short it is a very good therapy for those patient who don’t want to take medicines or those who don’t want to go for the hair transplantation. I think PRP is a good therapy for that.
Thank you very much.read more
I am Dr. Sunita Verma obstetrician and Gynecologist. I am practicing in Dwarka. Sector 12-A, Aastha Medi Care.
Today I want to speak something about effective, advanced women age and the reproductive outcome of the women. Nowadays the rate of infertility is on the rise. Especially in urban area and in many cases the main factor is advanced maternal age. The biological clock doesn’t stop for your studies or for career making or money security because the fertility of a woman decreases after she reaches the age of 30 years. So it’s better to plan pregnancy in the early years. Best time is between 25 to 30 years. Rather than delaying it till 35 and on. Because with the increasing age it has been seen that because of decreased aware and capacity to produce good quality eggs. The infertility rate increases and similarly it leads to many hormonal complications like PCOD and difficulty in caring a pregnancy or facing material complications during pregnancy and also increase rate of the cesarean section rather than normal deliveries. So I want to make a point through this medium that women should plan pregnancy when they are a younger age rather than delaying for, delaying for later age.
Thank you so much.read more
Myself, Dr Kamal Verma, I am practising Senior Radiation Oncologist. Just want to talk about the alarming rate of rise of cancer in India. The silver lining is that Cancers are highly curable when they are detected at the early stage and treated properly. When the cancer is detected smaller in size, the treatment is also more effective, easy, less expensive and has fewer side effects. In addition, a large number of cancers are preventable by achieving, adopting a healthier lifestyle. So that is all like together to fight this. Wishing you a healthy life.read more
Hello. Good morning friends, I am Dr Kanu Verma, a consultant dermatologist, practising in Dwarka. Today, I am going to speak about Fungal Nail Infections.
These infections are very common. Normally, they can affect any part of the body. They are not serious infections but very unpleasant. The fungal infection occurring in nails, therefore, it is called Fungal nail infections. In medical term, it is also called as Onichomicosis or Tinea Unguium.
Some amount of fungus is very normal in the skin as the other bacterias. But if this fungus further grows, then it leads to infection.
Nail Fungal Infections
It is a very slow growing infection which is not often noticed. The patient comes to know when the nail plate gets damaged, that is some pain in the nail.
Why does this fungus grow?
Well, the fungus needs warm and moist environment to develop. When some un noticed injury happens to the nail fold or nail plate, it starts developing in the warm and moist environment, as it is a favourable environment to grow. Sometimes the injury is so minor that it often goes un noticed and the patient won't be aware of the infection.
When the nail plate gets discoloured, or some lines start appearing on the nails, crumbled nails, then only patients come to know about the problem and they consult doctor through which they get to know about the nail fungus.
Who develops the nail fungus?
- People who work in a warm moist environment for a long time.
- The housewife may also face this problem while dish washing or gardening or while doing any kind of house work, they may get cut in their nails which will ultimately lead to nail fungus.
- People who are suffering from some diseases like diabetes, psoriasis, elder people, swimmer, people who walk bare foot, tends to suffer from fungal infections more commonly. However, toe nail infection is more common than finger nail infection.
How to diagnose nail fungal infection?
If you have any sort of discolouration of nails, pain or swelling, these are the signs of fungal infections and u need to consult a dermatologist. A doctor can scratch your nail for diagnosing a fungus. The infected nail may look like greenish yellowish in colour, or there may also occur some swollen nail fold, discharge. If it is advanced then the nail may get crumbled, distorted nail plate, or sometimes the nail plate get lifted up due to the fungus deposition. So, basically, these are the symptoms of nail fungal infections. Also, the nail can completely be destroyed if these symptoms are ignored which can not be repaired. There will be complete nail destruction and it will become very difficult to cure.
How the nail fungal infection treated?
The treatment is possible but it takes time for the recovery. The recovery time depends on the amount of damage caused to nail, patients tolerance and the number of nails damaged.
What type of treatments are available?
The oral medication is available and the topical creams. The treatment procedure takes months for the recovery. The finger nails take about 3-4 months for the recovery and for toe nails, it takes 4-5 months. Nowadays, Laser treatment for fungal infections is also available which is fast, effective and especially for those kinds of patients which can not tolerate anti-fungal tablets.
How to prevent nail fungus?
- It depends on how much you take care of your nails.
- The more you go for the regular checkup of your nail injury.
- regular clipping of a nail, go to such salons which do manicure and pedicure with the sterile equipment.
- If you are diabetic, then proper sugar control should be there.
- Don't keep your nails in moisture for long hours.
- If you are required to wear shoes for long hours, then you should apply anti- fungal powder on the toes, in order to keep them dry and does not allow fungus to grow.
These are few tips which can help you prevent nail fungal infection.
Here are symptoms,cause and treatments of Acne and Acne Scars
Hello friends I’m Dr. Kanu Verma. I’m a consultant dermatologist and cosmetologist practicing in the Dwarka, Delhi. Today I’m going to say something about the very common skin problem which is
acne. This is a very common problem which is because of the inflammation of the Pilosebaceous unit of our skin which is attributed to the androgen hormone activities or keratinization problem or related to the bacterial P-acne infection in the gland and so on.
Sometimes, usually the stress environment food habits they don’t have the direct impact on that acne but indirectly they cause the acne. OK now the acne squally of acne is acne scars. Actually the scarring is the problem. Acne scars occurs when the inflammation inflammatory changes and infection in the pilosebaceous unit exceeds the skin repair mechanism. There can be a two type of acne scars hypertrophic or raised scars or atrophic depressed scars. Hypertrophic scars when the bear mechanism is over and excessive so there’s more collagen formation and this scars are raised over the skin. Atrophic or depressed scars it could be when there’s a loss of skin tissue from skin though that causes the skin couldn’t repair it properly and there comes the depressed scars. It could be of ISPECT types of scars, box scars, rolling scars.
One more thing sometimes is no scarring over the skin but acne heals leaving behind the pigmentary changes over the skin that we call hyper pigmentation or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. There are many type of treatment for the acne scars not only the medicine but chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling processes, micro-needling includes derma rollers, derma pens, then laser treatment. All these treatments you have to go through a sequel of treatment so that the skin and this skin become smooth and the scars fade away.
There are some do’s and don’ts for the acne and acne scars. You should not pick and prick the acne or pimples when they are. There is very good temptation be that squeeze of the white puss from the acne so it won’t leave us scar. Don’t keep on touching the acne, don’t pricking them, pressing them, squeezing them, don’t wash them frequently, cover your face always when while going out of the house, wear the sunscreen, cover your face with the dupatta or scarf, so that it prevents for your skin from the pollution. This is normal ways from which you can prevent the acne scar to an extent. Drink lots of water. Have a healthy lifestyle. More of the fruits and veggies in your diet. Avoid junk food.
If you need any further consultation or details about the treatment then you can go contact me through the Lybrate.
Doctors in Aastha Medicare
Patient Review Highlights
My experience has been very good. Dr. kanu is not just professional but also friendly. She ensures that she would give enough time to listen to your problem and then also would properly answer it; no matter how much time that takes. She is more inclined towards ensuring tht you get the right treatment at a low cost. I am very satisfied with the treatment. My treatment is still on and its been 2 months and i can already see a difference in my skin. I strongly recommend her to you. please see for yourself. i have recommended her to my friends and family.
I have many skin related problems from when i was a child and at the age of 21 i started having corns on my feet which got me worried since they were causing a lot of pain and also some were so hard that they were numb. I consulted a lot of doctors that recommended various medicines to remove it but they were uneffective then i finally went for the removal which was quick and easy. Dr verma is a brilliant doctor and must be consulted on this matter.
I have had a mole since childhood on my face and i had always thought of getting it removed through medicinal treatments but they had side effects on my health. But after searching on the net I found out that cosmetic surgery is a very easy way to get rid of moles. So i started searching for good doctors and Dr kanu verma came up as one of the top doctors and she was actually the best I could ask for. The mole is now removed and my face is clean.
So i was about to go on a holiday and wanted to get a bleach treatment done. Instead of going to the salon to get it done I found about the bleaching treatment at Dr. kanu vermas clinic and decided to give it a try. I must say that the treatment is very effective and the skin is much lighter and fair than what i used to get at from the salon. Highly recommended.
A wart that had been on my sons hand since 2 years was starting to irritate him a lot and he wanted to get it removed so i consulted a doctor and he suggested to try medication but it was no good. On the other hand dr verma really made my son comfortable and removed the wart with ease and without any pain. my son is very happy.
I had a tattoo that needed to be removed immediately but i was worried about any side effects of the treatment as it is hard to find good doctors that can do their job without any mistakes. I am not wrong in saying that dr kanu is one of those good doctors that will do their jpob with the utmost professional expertise.
I started having acne since I turned 21 and being a working woman I had not much time to go to doctors a lot so I found dr kanu over the Internet and fixed an appointment. The treatment she has provided has almost reduced acne to zero and my skin is normal.
Dr kanu really helped me to improve my hair quality. My hair has been really weak and also had split ends, I had tried many cosmetic items such as shampoos and other items but they were useless. She on the other hand provided extremely good treatment.
Dr Kanu Verma is a brilliant doctor, I have had excessive hair growth since I was a teen. She removed the hair with the cosmetic process and I have no side effects. It is brilliant that the technology that she uses is so effective.
Being a girl my worst fear is pimples as they come every now and then. I had tried a lot of cosmetics products and all but they are short term effective but the treatment at Dr. vermas clinic has proved very good and useful.
My treatment is still going on.. But m very satisfied with the results....she handled my case in a very pre planned way... And thus m getting the results.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sunita Verma to be knowledgeable, caring, very helpful and nurturing. Thank you doctor the pain has gone away
Feeling very good and satisfied after the first treatment...very kind humble..doctor..(Kanu Verma)
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sunita Verma to be knowledgeable. thank u doctor...
It was amazing. She indeed does give a personal touch while checking the patient.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kanu Verma to be very helpful. Good
Dr. Kanu Verma provides answers that are very helpful.
She's understanding and very polite
She's understanding and very polite
Very good and experienced doctor
It's nice to meet with Dr. Kanu
Very well experienced doctor.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease results from the disorder more commonly known as PCOS or Polycystic Ovary Syndrome. A syndrome is starkly different from a disease, for the former entails a set of symptoms usually occurring in concurrence, while the latter means a particular biological condition with an identifiable reason behind it.
A syndrome solicits your concern and forethought in order to eliminate or at least control the chances of an underlying disease. Trigger to a syndrome is undetectable and hence fighting it efficiently is fairly problematic. It is rare to find adolescent girls without hormonal problems.
Hormonal imbalances are just too common to be a novel topic any further. Polycystic Ovary Syndrome is faced due to imbalances in hormone secretions. It refers to the development of multiple cysts in your ovary. This condition usually affects women falling within the age group of 15 to 50. Eight among ten women, at a given point of time, are reported with PCOS. Symptoms of PCOS, when neglected, can lead to Polycystic Ovarian Disease. If you have been facing similar health issues, it is advisable to undergo a check- up and get diagnosed at the earliest possible.
Symptoms of Polycystic Ovarian Disease
- A receding hairline or increased hair fall can lead to thinning of scalp hair. Such a sign should not be taken lightly as it could be indicative of Polycystic Ovarian Disease.
- Extremely painful menstruation, irregular periods or prolonged periods with heavy bleeding might be reason enough for worrying.
- Development of acne could be another sign. Acne is common to girls attaining puberty, but an unprecedented growth should be a matter of concern.
- Patchy skin, pigmentation and discoloration of the skin are the other symptoms.
- PCOS may also result in continual depression and anxiety.
- Obesity is the most commonly noticed symptom. People suffering from Polycystic Ovarian Disease have lower metabolism and thus, reducing weight is an ordeal.
- Many women tend to grow thick facial hair or chest hair. Such a condition discourages the person to go out in public. It leads to social ostracizing which further bears severe effects on one's mental health.
- PCOS mostly affects women belonging to the childbearing age. As a result of this syndrome, females stop ovulating. Conception becomes extremely difficult as the syndrome may lead to infertility.
Polycystic Ovarian Disease can result in Type 2 diabetes or even cardiovascular problems. If not diagnosed and treated at an early stage, it might lead to ovarian cancer. There is hardly any preventive measure to counter the chances of such a syndrome, but certain alterations in your diet under the guidance of a dietician and regular exercising can improve your health.
Do you ever wish you could start all over and take better care of your skin? A chemical peel could give you that chance. Peels can dramatically reduce lines, wrinkles, acne scars, dark spots, and roughness caused by years of sun.
A chemical peel is a solution applied to the face to remove the outermost layer or layers of skin. It's a technique used to improve the appearance of the skin on the face, neck or hands. A chemical solution is applied to the skin that causes it to exfoliate and eventually peel off. The new skin that grows in its place is softer, smoother and has fewer imperfections. The new skin is also temporarily more sensitive to the sun.
There are three basic types of chemical peels:
Superficial or Lunchtime Peel: Alpha-hydroxy acid or another mild acid is used to penetrate only the outer layer of skin to gently exfoliate it. The treatment is used to improve the appearance of mild skin discoloration and rough skin as well as to refresh the face, neck, chest or hands.
Medium Peel: Glycolic or trichloroacetic acid is applied to penetrate the outer and middle layers of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment is used to improve age spots, fine lines and wrinkles, freckles and moderate skin discoloration.
Deep Peel: Trichloroacetic acid or phenol is applied to deeply penetrate the middle layer of skin to remove damaged skin cells. The treatment removes moderate lines, age spots, freckles and shallow scars. A thorough evaluation by a dermatologic surgeon is imperative before embarking upon a chemical peel.
Chemical peels are used to treat a number of conditions including:
1. Pigmentation on face or body
4. Fine Wrinkles
6. Acne marks and scars
8. Aging skin
9. Crow's feet
10. Sagging skin
Who should not opt for chemical peels?
Generally, light-haired and fair skinned people are the best candidates for chemical peel. The procedure does not work as well on dark skinned patients. The procedure is not recommended for individuals with infections, active skin disease, cut or broken skin, or sunburns. Other contraindications include patients who are:
1. Nursing or pregnant.
2. Have taken Accutane in last six months.
Temporary change in skin color, particularly for women on birth control pills, who subsequently become pregnant or have a history of brownish facial discoloration.
Changes are transient and easy to take care of if taken care properly.
2. Reactivation of cold sores
3. A variety of chemical treatments can be used to exfoliate and rejuvenate the skin.
Depending on the depth of treatment required, your surgeon may choose one of the following peels:
1. Alpha-hydroxy acid peel (AHA)
2. Trichloroacetic acid peel (TCA)
3. Phenol peel
4. Croton oil peel
Aftercare and recovery
Your dermatologist will discuss how long it will be before you can return to your normal level of activity and work. After surgery, you and your caregiver will receive detailed instructions about your postsurgical care, including information about:
1. Normal symptoms you will experience
2. Potential signs of complications
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Folliculitis is an ordinary dermatological condition which causes inflammation of hair follicles of the skin. This condition, which occurs due to both bacterial and fungal infections, causes small red or white pimples to form around the hair follicles. The infection, if left untreated, can spread and turn into rough, coarse sores which may take a long time to heal.
The Staphylococcus aureus bacteria is responsible for causing the infection, which leads to this commonly occurring condition. In some cases, folliculitis can be also caused by viruses and fungi which had perhaps penetrated the ingrown hairs causing subsequent inflammation. This condition is categorized and diagnosed as a superficial or deep infection depending on the amount of hair follicles involved.
- Friction caused by shaving or tight - fitting clothes
- Heat and sweat, due to prolonged exposure to the sun
- Skin conditions like acne
- Tightly wrapped bandages or dressings on the skin
- Clusters of tiny red or white bumps in and around the hair follicles
- Reddened and inflamed skin
- Itchy skin and rashes
- Pus-filled blisters that may crust and later break
- Swelling on the skin
Anyone, whether young or old, may develop folliculitis. But, there are certain factors that increase the risks of the condition. The following are some of them:
- Conditions like HIV or AIDS that reduces the immunity in your body
- A pre-existing condition of acne or dermatitis
- Being obese
- Medications and ointments with side effects
- Improper shaving
Many a times, people ignore this condition, presuming that it will heal with time. But if left untreated, complications such as large itchy patches of skin, increased swelling and heightened inflammation of hair follicles may occur.
Hypertension during pregnancy can be a problem for both baby and the mother. Thus it is of utmost importance that during pregnancy a good health should be maintained along with controlled blood pressure and cholesterol levels. With an increase in multiple births and women of older age the risk of hypertension during pregnancy has increased. But if proper care is taken it can be avoided.
- Preeclampsia: This is the most common and serious hypertension during pregnancy. This hypertension can only be controlled by delivering the fetus, which usually involves complications like death of the mother or child. This occurs 20 weeks after pregnancy.
- Gestational Hypertension: This form is only prevalent during pregnancy and is not a problem for the mother or baby after delivery. This usually occurs in the last leg of the pregnancy
- Chronic Hypertension: This form forms either prior to the pregnancy or before 20 weeks of the pregnancy.
Management of Pregnancy Hypertension:
Hypertension during pregnancy can be handled by the following:
- In case of severe hypertension, blood pressure medication should be continued during pregnancy.
- If you are on ACE inhibitor type medication, then the medication is changed to one that is even safe for the baby.
- Your doctor might like to monitor you daily and can advise hospitalization for a few days
- If medication is missed, it might lead to uncontrolled life threatening hypertension. Thus the medication should not be missed at any time.
- In case of mild hypertension and absence of other diseases like diabetes and kidney disorders, the doctor might stop the medication or reduce the dose. Also, being off medicine does not cause any problem in mild hypertension.
- Irrespective of the hypertension being mild or severe, the prenatal appointments should not be missed, so that the doctor can monitor you and the baby. So that problems, like rise in blood pressure, poor fetal growth, and signs of preeclampsia can be spotted and steps can be taken for the same.
- In case there is some form of hypertension present the prenatal visits and lab tests will be more.
- Apart from the usual second trimester ultrasound, there will be periodic ultrasounds in the third trimester to monitor the baby's growth and the amniotic fluid.
- Also regular fetal tests and Doppler ultrasounds will be done to track the baby's growth.
- Lifestyle changes should be made. Salt intake should be limited, fresh food instead of processed food should be consumed.
- If blood pressure is high then doctor might ask you to avoid exercise especially if you never did before pregnancy.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancywhile dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
Sir I have a unwanted body hair on my back. Can you please suggest me any cream or lotion which can reduce my hair growth or permanently reduce.
Sir I am suffering acne problem from past 2 years but no better result will come and my face were damage please give me solution.
I am Ayan khan I am 18 years old sir I am suffering from neck tuberculosis from 5 months and I am suffering from huge hair loss my question is does tuberculosis or tuberculosis medicine cause hair loss. Plzz sir tell me am very scared.
Tuberculosis can affect any part of the body, however, it primarily enters the body through the respiratory tract by inhaling bacteria emitted by a Lung TB affected person. Only those who suffer from lung TB can infect others. It is a disease that is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis spreads through the air and is a highly contagious disease that can be transmitted through coughing, sneezing and spitting. The symptoms of this condition include coughing, blood discharge while coughing, fever, extreme weight loss, and chills. Against general myths, this disease can be treated and is curable too. Effective, timely diagnosis and treatment with the correct methods and medication are required. Let us find out the various means for effective treatment of tuberculosis.
Diagnosis: Let us first look at the diagnosis method that will help in detecting the presence of the bacteria in the body. The doctor will take a blood sample and conduct a series of lab tests in order to diagnose the condition. Also, the doctor will check the medical history of the patient so as to understand what kind of complications the person may be prone to. For this, the doctor will also find out if the patient is suffering from diseases like diabetes, malnutrition and other conditions arising out of tobacco abuse. Diagnosis of Pulmonary TB is by sputum for AFB examination and some blood test may also be required.
Medication: Usually, the best way to treat this condition is with the help of a six-month long course of antibiotics that may also last 12 months, depending on the prognosis. The patient will be put in quarantine as well so that he or she does not end up spreading this disease to anyone else. A voluntary medical practitioner or trained health worker will help in caregiving and medicine administration under the instructions of the doctor. The medication will usually consist of four antimicrobial drugs or antibiotics, which will stop the release of nutrition and oxygen to the bacteria so that it cannot develop and grow. This will also ensure that the bacteria is killed eventually.
Control of Infection: The spread of the infection is such that a single sneeze or cough can infect up to ten to fifteen people who are near the patient without proper masks and other gear to prevent the transmission. Therefore, it is the job of the hospital to ensure that proper infection control takes place by using ultraviolet light to sterilize the air around the area where the TB patients have been admitted.
One thing that the patient must remember about the treatment is that immediate and timely treatment with medication must be taken so that the patient is able to get cured. If the patient skips medicines or does not get treated on time, then the infection will come back again and again. And after a point, the patient's body and the bacteria will not be able to react to the medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!