I am Dr. Kanu Verma, dermatologist, practicing in Dwarka Aastha Medi Care.
Today I will be talking about something for the hair treatment that is platelet-rich plasma therapy which is very commonly used these days for the hair restoration platelet plasma basically, concentrate of your platelets from your blood which is derived from your, patients whole blood only by centrifuge method. This platelet-rich plasma concentrate is very rich in the growth factors which helps in the hair, the restoration, the regrowth and skin rejuvenation so these are the two main indications of the PRP in the dermatology that is for the skin rejuvenation and for the hair restoration.
What is platelet rich plasma therapy do and how it is given. Actually it is given by very thin fine needles through the napal method. The blood is taken from the blood. It is centrifuged simultaneously and then it is immediately injected into the scalp with a very fine thin needle and the patient don’t feel the pain as the numbing gel is applied before the procedure so that the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort or pain. When this platelet-rich plasma goes inside the scalp it stimulates the hair roots for the hair regrowth, for new hair follicles formation and for the blood vascular we should, to increase the blood supply to the hair roots so that helps in the hair regrowth and it gives very natural results.
It doesn’t gives any unnatural looks like the hair transplantation used to do. It is not at all hair transplantation. It is your own blood. A portion of your own blood is reinjected into your skin for the hair regrowth. It can be given to who are the suitable candidates. Even both man and women both can be given this therapy. Persons having the thinning of hair. Male pattern baldness, thinning over the temples and over top of the scalp. Females having broadening of the center parting or male pattern hair loss. They are the suitable candidates for this.
Yes, this therapy is little expensive, because it requires many multiple sessions, usually 6 to 8 and the results will be seen. Patient start appreciating the results after 3 to 4 months 3 to 4 sittings. The therapy is very safe. There is no side effect as your own blood is used. There is no chance of infection, contamination. It is like an office procedure. No rest is required, patient can go to the work immediately. No admission required. So in short it is a very good therapy for those patient who don’t want to take medicines or those who don’t want to go for the hair transplantation. I think PRP is a good therapy for that.
Thank you very much.read more
Hello. Good morning friends, I am Dr Kanu Verma, a consultant dermatologist, practising in Dwarka. Today, I am going to speak about Fungal Nail Infections.
These infections are very common. Normally, they can affect any part of the body. They are not serious infections but very unpleasant. The fungal infection occurring in nails, therefore, it is called Fungal nail infections. In medical term, it is also called as Onichomicosis or Tinea Unguium.
Some amount of fungus is very normal in the skin as the other bacterias. But if this fungus further grows, then it leads to infection.
Nail Fungal Infections
It is a very slow growing infection which is not often noticed. The patient comes to know when the nail plate gets damaged, that is some pain in the nail.
Why does this fungus grow?
Well, the fungus needs warm and moist environment to develop. When some un noticed injury happens to the nail fold or nail plate, it starts developing in the warm and moist environment, as it is a favourable environment to grow. Sometimes the injury is so minor that it often goes un noticed and the patient won't be aware of the infection.
When the nail plate gets discoloured, or some lines start appearing on the nails, crumbled nails, then only patients come to know about the problem and they consult doctor through which they get to know about the nail fungus.
Who develops the nail fungus?
- People who work in a warm moist environment for a long time.
- The housewife may also face this problem while dish washing or gardening or while doing any kind of house work, they may get cut in their nails which will ultimately lead to nail fungus.
- People who are suffering from some diseases like diabetes, psoriasis, elder people, swimmer, people who walk bare foot, tends to suffer from fungal infections more commonly. However, toe nail infection is more common than finger nail infection.
How to diagnose nail fungal infection?
If you have any sort of discolouration of nails, pain or swelling, these are the signs of fungal infections and u need to consult a dermatologist. A doctor can scratch your nail for diagnosing a fungus. The infected nail may look like greenish yellowish in colour, or there may also occur some swollen nail fold, discharge. If it is advanced then the nail may get crumbled, distorted nail plate, or sometimes the nail plate get lifted up due to the fungus deposition. So, basically, these are the symptoms of nail fungal infections. Also, the nail can completely be destroyed if these symptoms are ignored which can not be repaired. There will be complete nail destruction and it will become very difficult to cure.
How the nail fungal infection treated?
The treatment is possible but it takes time for the recovery. The recovery time depends on the amount of damage caused to nail, patients tolerance and the number of nails damaged.
What type of treatments are available?
The oral medication is available and the topical creams. The treatment procedure takes months for the recovery. The finger nails take about 3-4 months for the recovery and for toe nails, it takes 4-5 months. Nowadays, Laser treatment for fungal infections is also available which is fast, effective and especially for those kinds of patients which can not tolerate anti-fungal tablets.
How to prevent nail fungus?
- It depends on how much you take care of your nails.
- The more you go for the regular checkup of your nail injury.
- regular clipping of a nail, go to such salons which do manicure and pedicure with the sterile equipment.
- If you are diabetic, then proper sugar control should be there.
- Don't keep your nails in moisture for long hours.
- If you are required to wear shoes for long hours, then you should apply anti- fungal powder on the toes, in order to keep them dry and does not allow fungus to grow.
These are few tips which can help you prevent nail fungal infection.
Here are symptoms,cause and treatments of Acne and Acne Scars
Hello friends I’m Dr. Kanu Verma. I’m a consultant dermatologist and cosmetologist practicing in the Dwarka, Delhi. Today I’m going to say something about the very common skin problem which is
acne. This is a very common problem which is because of the inflammation of the Pilosebaceous unit of our skin which is attributed to the androgen hormone activities or keratinization problem or related to the bacterial P-acne infection in the gland and so on.
Sometimes, usually the stress environment food habits they don’t have the direct impact on that acne but indirectly they cause the acne. OK now the acne squally of acne is acne scars. Actually the scarring is the problem. Acne scars occurs when the inflammation inflammatory changes and infection in the pilosebaceous unit exceeds the skin repair mechanism. There can be a two type of acne scars hypertrophic or raised scars or atrophic depressed scars. Hypertrophic scars when the bear mechanism is over and excessive so there’s more collagen formation and this scars are raised over the skin. Atrophic or depressed scars it could be when there’s a loss of skin tissue from skin though that causes the skin couldn’t repair it properly and there comes the depressed scars. It could be of ISPECT types of scars, box scars, rolling scars.
One more thing sometimes is no scarring over the skin but acne heals leaving behind the pigmentary changes over the skin that we call hyper pigmentation or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. There are many type of treatment for the acne scars not only the medicine but chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling processes, micro-needling includes derma rollers, derma pens, then laser treatment. All these treatments you have to go through a sequel of treatment so that the skin and this skin become smooth and the scars fade away.
There are some do’s and don’ts for the acne and acne scars. You should not pick and prick the acne or pimples when they are. There is very good temptation be that squeeze of the white puss from the acne so it won’t leave us scar. Don’t keep on touching the acne, don’t pricking them, pressing them, squeezing them, don’t wash them frequently, cover your face always when while going out of the house, wear the sunscreen, cover your face with the dupatta or scarf, so that it prevents for your skin from the pollution. This is normal ways from which you can prevent the acne scar to an extent. Drink lots of water. Have a healthy lifestyle. More of the fruits and veggies in your diet. Avoid junk food.
If you need any further consultation or details about the treatment then you can go contact me through the Lybrate.
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Kanu Verma
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Prp Hair Transplant
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Dr. Kanu VermaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
My experience has been very good. Dr. kanu is not just professional but also friendly. She ensures that she would give enough time to listen to your problem and then also would properly answer it; no matter how much time that takes. She is more inclined towards ensuring tht you get the right treatment at a low cost. I am very satisfied with the treatment. My treatment is still on and its been 2 months and i can already see a difference in my skin. I strongly recommend her to you. please see for yourself. i have recommended her to my friends and family.
I have many skin related problems from when i was a child and at the age of 21 i started having corns on my feet which got me worried since they were causing a lot of pain and also some were so hard that they were numb. I consulted a lot of doctors that recommended various medicines to remove it but they were uneffective then i finally went for the removal which was quick and easy. Dr verma is a brilliant doctor and must be consulted on this matter.
I have had a mole since childhood on my face and i had always thought of getting it removed through medicinal treatments but they had side effects on my health. But after searching on the net I found out that cosmetic surgery is a very easy way to get rid of moles. So i started searching for good doctors and Dr kanu verma came up as one of the top doctors and she was actually the best I could ask for. The mole is now removed and my face is clean.
So i was about to go on a holiday and wanted to get a bleach treatment done. Instead of going to the salon to get it done I found about the bleaching treatment at Dr. kanu vermas clinic and decided to give it a try. I must say that the treatment is very effective and the skin is much lighter and fair than what i used to get at from the salon. Highly recommended.
A wart that had been on my sons hand since 2 years was starting to irritate him a lot and he wanted to get it removed so i consulted a doctor and he suggested to try medication but it was no good. On the other hand dr verma really made my son comfortable and removed the wart with ease and without any pain. my son is very happy.
I had a tattoo that needed to be removed immediately but i was worried about any side effects of the treatment as it is hard to find good doctors that can do their job without any mistakes. I am not wrong in saying that dr kanu is one of those good doctors that will do their jpob with the utmost professional expertise.
I started having acne since I turned 21 and being a working woman I had not much time to go to doctors a lot so I found dr kanu over the Internet and fixed an appointment. The treatment she has provided has almost reduced acne to zero and my skin is normal.
Dr kanu really helped me to improve my hair quality. My hair has been really weak and also had split ends, I had tried many cosmetic items such as shampoos and other items but they were useless. She on the other hand provided extremely good treatment.
Dr Kanu Verma is a brilliant doctor, I have had excessive hair growth since I was a teen. She removed the hair with the cosmetic process and I have no side effects. It is brilliant that the technology that she uses is so effective.
Being a girl my worst fear is pimples as they come every now and then. I had tried a lot of cosmetics products and all but they are short term effective but the treatment at Dr. vermas clinic has proved very good and useful.
My treatment is still going on.. But m very satisfied with the results....she handled my case in a very pre planned way... And thus m getting the results.
Feeling very good and satisfied after the first treatment...very kind humble..doctor..(Kanu Verma)
It was amazing. She indeed does give a personal touch while checking the patient.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kanu Verma to be very helpful. Good
Dr. Kanu Verma provides answers that are very helpful.
She's understanding and very polite
She's understanding and very polite
It's nice to meet with Dr. Kanu
Very well experienced doctor.
It was great interaction
Its really good
Oily skin is a result of overactive sebaceous glands that produce excessive oil, thus giving the skin its characteristic greasy look. Oily skin is usually caused by a number of factors, such as stress, food, genetics and hormonal changes in the body. Blackheads, whiteheads and acne are some complications that can result from oily skin.
It is important to take care of oily skin to prevent breakouts. Mentioned below are 8 tips to assist you in your skincare regimen:
- Use warm water to clean your skin: Cleaning your face with warm water opens up the pores and clears the dirt from; thus removing the layer of oil from the face more effectively than cold water.
- Face masks: You may use face mask, such as sandalwood or fuller earth to get rid of the excessive oil on the skin. In addition to removing oil, it also cleans and removes impurities from the skin.
- Limit scrubbing: You should restrict exfoliating your face 2 to 3 times a week as too much exfoliation may result in excessive oil production. Over scrubbing may cause the skin to lose its natural oils and turn dry.
- Use a toner: You may apply toner on the skin regularly for its astringent properties, that help in cooling and soothing the skin. It also reduces pore size, which thus decreases oil production.
- Diet: Diet plays an important role in the health of your skin, so consuming too many oily and fried foods can increase the chances of getting acne and pimples on your skin. Eat more vegetables and fruits to keep your skin healthy.
- Stay hydrated: Drinking water regularly helps in replenishing the lost fluids from your body and it also improves overall body health.
- Use medicated pads: To freshen up your face, use wet tissues or medicated pads to soak up the oil, which shall help in freshening up your face.
- Choose makeup wisely: It is not recommended to use heavy makeup if you have an oily skin. Instead use water based makeup that is light and oily skin friendly.
Folliculitis is an ordinary dermatological condition which causes inflammation of hair follicles of the skin. This condition, which occurs due to both bacterial and fungal infections, causes small red or white pimples to form around the hair follicles. The infection, if left untreated, can spread and turn into rough, coarse sores which may take a long time to heal.
The Staphylococcus aureus bacteria is responsible for causing the infection, which leads to this commonly occurring condition. In some cases, folliculitis can be also caused by viruses and fungi which had perhaps penetrated the ingrown hairs causing subsequent inflammation. This condition is categorized and diagnosed as a superficial or deep infection depending on the amount of hair follicles involved.
- Friction caused by shaving or tight - fitting clothes
- Heat and sweat, due to prolonged exposure to the sun
- Skin conditions like acne
- Tightly wrapped bandages or dressings on the skin
- Clusters of tiny red or white bumps in and around the hair follicles
- Reddened and inflamed skin
- Itchy skin and rashes
- Pus-filled blisters that may crust and later break
- Swelling on the skin
Anyone, whether young or old, may develop folliculitis. But, there are certain factors that increase the risks of the condition. The following are some of them:
- Conditions like HIV or AIDS that reduces the immunity in your body
- A pre-existing condition of acne or dermatitis
- Being obese
- Medications and ointments with side effects
- Improper shaving
Many a times, people ignore this condition, presuming that it will heal with time. But if left untreated, complications such as large itchy patches of skin, increased swelling and heightened inflammation of hair follicles may occur.
Sir I have a unwanted body hair on my back. Can you please suggest me any cream or lotion which can reduce my hair growth or permanently reduce.
Sir I am suffering acne problem from past 2 years but no better result will come and my face were damage please give me solution.
I am Ayan khan I am 18 years old sir I am suffering from neck tuberculosis from 5 months and I am suffering from huge hair loss my question is does tuberculosis or tuberculosis medicine cause hair loss. Plzz sir tell me am very scared.
You are most likely to experience dry skin during winter because of the cold temperature, lack of sunlight and dry environment. The lack of moisture causes your skin to dry up, giving it a cracked, flaky and scaly texture. This season demands a careful skin care regimen, and here are some tips on how you can take care of your skin during the winters.
- Consult a specialist: You should visit a dermatologist for an analysis of your skin type. Based on this, your dermatologist will recommend a skin care regimen to be followed during the dry months. Using the prescribed skin care products will benefit your skin and prevent it from getting dry. Both high-priced and low-priced skin care products are effective in protecting your skin.
- Moisturise your skin: Your skin care routine and use of moisturisers have to change during the winter. You need to get a new moisturiser instead of the one you use during other seasons. You need an oil-based moisturiser instead of a water-based one. The oil will help in creating a protective layer on your skin surface, which helps in retaining moisture. You can use night creams which are mostly oil based. For your face, you need to apply moisturisers that contain non-clogging oils. This includes mineral oil, avocado oil, almond oil, or primrose oil. Lotions which contain humectants are also effective for winter skin care. You need to use foot lotions to avoid cracking of your feet and heels. Use lotions containing petroleum jelly and glycerine. You should undergo skin exfoliation to eliminate the dead skin from time to time. This will make the moisturisers and lotions to go deeper and be more effective.
- Apply sunscreen: Sunscreen is not just for the summer season. The winter sun can cause damage to your skin as well. Hence, you should apply sunscreen on your face and hands before going out on a winter day. If you need to stay outside for a long time, you must reapply the sunscreen.
- Wear gloves: The skin on the hands is thinner than other parts of the body and contains less oil glands. This implies that it is hard to keep your hands moist during the cold winter season. This might cause cracking and itchiness. To prevent this, wear gloves while venturing outside. In case you need to wear woolen gloves, wear cotton gloves first for avoiding any kind of irritation caused by the wool.
- Avoid wet gloves and socks: Wearing wet gloves and socks irritates the skin and leads to itching, sores, cracking, and may also lead to eczema. Keep your gloves and socks dry.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Dr. My son is suffering from Atopic Dermatitis for the last 4 years and if he discontinues taking Allegra and april for a single day the itching starts. Please suggest me how can this illness end. Regards
Laser treatment is used for a variety of medical and cosmetic purposes. There are a number of hair and skin treatment methods that are conducted with the help of lasers. Most of the skin treatments using laser technology, are laser resurfacing for younger looking skin, employ light and sporadic bursts of beams. These beams are trained onto the skin of the patient to be absorbed by the chromophores, which contain water and other substances of the skin. This chromophore then turns this light energy into heat energy to destroy thin layers for the skin to heal and look younger. Many people have a misconception that this process may cause the skin to become extremely thin and fragile.
Yet, this is not true. Let us find out about the various kinds of laser methods and why they do not make the skin thin.
- Fractional laser skin resurfacing: This treatment method makes use of laser pulses in order to treat microscopic columns of the affected skin, which does not leave any visible scarring and bleeding. This kind of laser works only on the surface of the skin and does not cause any harm to the skin composition. In fact, it improves the skin quality by treating the skin which is damaged.
- Plasma skin resurfacing: In this laser treatment, the doctors will make use of lasers that let out plasma energy which destroys the lower layers of the skin. In this method, the top layers of the skin will not really be affected. The top layer forms a protective covering over the lowers layer as the latter heals. This ensures that the lasers do not cause any kind of thinning of the skin in the long run, as they penetrate just deep enough to fix the damage of the lower skin layer, without destroying the top layer of the skin.
- Infrared skin resurfacing: This kind of treatment involves the use of heat invoking laser beams that treat the deep layers of the skin. These kinds of laser beams do not affect the actual composition of the skin and its cells. This helps in retaining the quality of the skin without making it thin.
- Superficial erbium: Mild laser beams are employed in this form of treatment in order to smoothen the oncoming wrinkles. This kind of treatment also helps in treating other kinds of skin problems. These beams help in smoothening and tightening the skin without making it thin.
- Effect on skin: These kinds of lasers do not cause the skin to become thin because the pulses of energy and heat are merely passed over the skin instead of piercing through and changing the skin composition. Also, the skin is usually wiped with water between the laser pulses, which makes this a safe option. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!