Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
Bhargavi K Goud
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Kanchan Patwardhan to be sensible.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Kanchan Patwardhan to be practical and helped me improve my health.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Kanchan Patwardhan to be very helpful.
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Kanchan Patwardhan to be very helpful and knowledgeable. Thanks you so much
Dt. Kanchan Patwardhan provides answers that are very helpful. Yup u r right...can u suggest some diet chart to prevent hair falls...
Whole grains are much more healthier than refined grains as whole grains contain things such as germ and bran, consumption of which is highly beneficial for the health. However, refined grains do not have the outer layers i.e. bran and has only the endosperm. Brown rice, quinoa, oatmeal and buckwheat are a few types of whole grains which are preferred over refined grains such as white rice, flour etc. Whole grains add a whole lot of nutrition to the food you consume.
Here are a few reasons why you should replace refined grains with whole grains:
Whole grains are more nutritious: When compared to refined grains, whole grains preserve a lot of nutrients, such as protein and fibre, which help in digestion and make one feel satiated for a long period of time. The whole grains are also packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and healthy fats which add to the nutritional value of the food you consume. Thus, you get more nutritious food for the amount you pay which is usually lost when the grains are refined.
You lose more fat: The higher amount of fibre present in whole grains help in regulating the flow of blood. This reduces the risks of diabetes and because the nutritional value of whole grains is so high, it makes you feel full faster that reduces the portion you consume on a daily basis. This leads to weight loss due to portion control.
They help with the process of digestion: Whole grains have digestive benefits as well. The high fibre content helps in regulating the movement of bowels and helps in getting rid of diverticulosis (development of small pouches in the digestive tract). Diverticulosis causes inflammation, diarrhoea, pain and constipation. Whole grains are also rich in lactic acid that regulates the spread of good bacteria in the large intestine area.
Thus, when compared to refined grains, the health and nutritional benefits are huge which is why you should replace the refined grains with whole grains. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Dietary tips to stay fit after Menopause
Diuretics are substances that allow the body to get rid of excess water and sodium. They help in draining out the water by stimulating the kidneys and eliminate sodium from the urine thus, facilitating drainage of excess water. Diuretics are prescribed by the doctor when the body starts to retain excessive fluids.
The conditions that lead to problems such as:
1. High blood pressure: This is a disorder wherein the blood exerts more than the normal force (pressure) against the arterial walls while flowing through them.
2. Diabetes: It is a metabolic disorder wherein the blood sugar level rises significantly.
3. Kidney stones: Kidney stones refer to the formation of stones in the kidneys that can hamper the normal functioning of the kidney, leading to fluid retention in the body.
4. Edema: A disorder wherein parts of the body tend to swell due to inflammation is called ‘edema’.
5. Impaired functioning of the kidney: Impaired functioning of the kidneys makes it very difficult to flush out the excess sodium from the body thus, leading to fluid retention.
There are certain natural diuretics, which can come to your aid in times such as these. Read on to know more:
1. Parsley: Parsley, a very effective diuretic, is an herb that is commonly used for garnishing. It can also help in relieving bladder problems.
2. Black and green tea: Both green and black variants of the humble tea are very effective diuretics; you can enjoy them after a heavy meal to get rid of the bloating.
3. Hawthorn: A type of natural diuretic that is effective in reducing fluid accumulation and increasing urinary excretion. It also helps in treating problems of the kidney.
4. Juniper: A diuretic that has been used since ancient times. Juniper is very effective in removing excess salt and fluids from the body. The advantage of this plant is that it does not lower downs the level of potassium in the body, a side effect of other diuretics.
Am a 30 years old lady. I have severe hair fall especially my forehead is getting wider. My hair is too weak that I can pluck it without any effort. Can I bring back my hair especially at front. What are the reasons for male pattern baldness? Shall go for hair transplant for this problem.
I am loosing hair quickly. Tried all shampoos and hair therapies but no response. Reason for receding hairlines and how to prevent this hair fall?
I am type 2 diabetic since 2001 taking allopathic medicines. I do regular morning walk and some physical exercise. I don't strictly controller my diets. Quarterly checked blood shows around normal level sugar. But I am slightly overweight with bulky tummy. Is there any chance of reducing belly? I am now 64.
I am losing my hair and have tried all shampoo but no effect yet I am not sure what else I can do. Can you help me please with this?
If any food and water consumption after 10 min Water and food (rice) just like wanting What is reason any solution please give me sir/madam.
I have calcium deficiency I am taking supplements for that as my doctor said me to I want to go to gym will it effect my bones if I do gym can I go to gym? And what are natural foods which contains good amount of calcium and how much should I take.
I am facing a lot of hair fall and dandruff eventhough hair fall is since 6 years but due to lot of dandruff since 2 months I am facing worst hair fall please suggest me remedies including treatments.
M suffering hair loss. How can I get the regrowth. Nd I wish to have long straight black more eye lashes. Pls give me suggestion to get more eyelashes.
My figure structure is nt good. Bt its my wish frm my childhood days to get a manly figure structure. M also nt saying that I hav an womanly figure structure nd also nt asking about a build-up structure. In generally I follow many guys in the roadside those r nt having a gymbuilt structure bt still hav a attractive physic. Their broad shoulder firm wrist. How I can achieve those things without going to a gym or with the help of medicine nd hormone consumption. And medicinal process r effective or nt nd wat about the costing?
What's the normal hairfall per day? How to stop hair fall and prevent going bald? His hairs are falling with roots. What to do? Is there Any natural ways to stop hair fall?
Quite contradictory to popular belief, as per a research paper published in 2015 by Harvard medical school, people who eat spicy foods on a regular basis and in moderate amounts have a 14% probability of outliving their non-spicy food eating peers. Also, the same research also indicates the fact that people who eat spicy food on a regular basis are less likely to suffer from cancer or other fatal heart diseases as compared to those who are averse to spice.
So, what is it that makes spicy foods better for your ticker and the overall health? Let’s find out.
- Spicy foods are usually rich in anti-oxidants, a regular intake of which helps to prevent cancer, respiratory diseases and other heart disorders.
- Peppers have a high amount of ‘capsaicin’ in them which is particularly beneficial in resisting abnormal swelling of different body parts. Capsaicin also helps in the regulation of metabolic functions of the body which prevents further serious complications of diabetes and cardio-vascular disorders. Capsaicin also helps to prevent sinus infections, hypertension and severe intestinal disorders. At times, Capsaicin acts as a pain-reliever.
- Peppers also contain a healthy amount of Vitamin C which defends the body against cancer and helps in the formation of collagen (building blocks of the skin) and other connective tissues. Vitamin C is useful in the production of glutathione, an immensely strong anti-oxidant that strengthens the immune system of the body.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.
When it comes to storing foods, we all think that the cooler the temperature it is stored at, longer will be the shelf life. However, what most of us fail to realize is that not all foods need to be stored in a freezer. It can do more harm than good. Read on to know more about foods that just should not be placed in the freezer.
- Potatoes: Given their high water content, storing in a freezer can make them fluffy, bloated and bland, especially if they are put in a freezer after baking. The texture of the potato in the dishes after freezing can also be change.
- Milk: While it is common to stash it away in the fridge, remember not to put it in the freezer. When you thaw it, the milk can separate into pieces (curdling) and not be useful to add in your cereal or for your tea. It is best kept outside in the regular cooling area.
- Eggs: While eggs can be stored in the fridge, there is no need to put the eggs with the shells in the freezer. The water inside can act up and cause the shell to break, leading to attack from bacteria. The eggs could also crack leaving a mess in the freezer. Remove eggs out of the shell, beat up nicely, and store in an airtight container if at all required (learn more about Having Eggs for Breakfast During SUMMERs).
- Milk products: Similar to milk, yoghurt, sour cream and cheese are also best left out of the freezer. The water content will expand and spoil them, leaving behind unhealthy and non-tasty yoghurt or cheese.
- Fried Foods: Be it French fries or mozzarella sticks, leaving them in the freezer can leave them soft and doughy. These are best left out of the freezer in order to retain their crunchy crispiness.
- Water-rich fruits and vegetables: While the fridge helps in keeping the vegetables and fruits fresh, the freezer does not. With water-rich food substances especially cucumber, lettuce and water melon, the water inside can form ice crystals. When removed from the freezer, during thawing, the water oozes out leaving a non-appealing pile of the fruit/vegetable.
- Re-using food items: Be it fruits or vegetables or meat, once thawed to normal temperature, it is best to avoid putting them back in the freezer. Once thawed, they draw a lot more bacteria and germs and are more harmful than the frozen foods. Remove only what is essential for use, thaw it and leave the rest to remain in the freezer.
- Salad greens: Frozen salad greens like spinach and lettuce can lose their crispiness, becoming limp and soft. To retain their freshness, stash them wrapped in a paper bag in the fridge.
Be careful of what you put in the freezer the next time and enjoy a healthy and hearty meal. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.