Doctors in BLK Super Speciality Hospital
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Cold Cough
Treatment of Acidity
Treatment of Bronchiectasis
Treatment of Chest Pain
Management of Sugar Disorders
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Thyroid Disorders
Treatment of Abdominal Pain
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Swelling
Treatment of Asthma
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Hemorrhoids
Treatment of Diarrhoea
Submit a review for BLK Super Speciality HospitalYour feedback matters!
What is computed tomography?
Computed Tomography is more commonly known as CT scan. It is a specialized form of X-ray. Computed Tomography is a non-invasive diagnostic procedure. CT scan provides concise images of different body parts and can also divulge any internal bleeding or injury during emergency situations. It is absolutely painless and is known to provide accurate information.
How does it work?
The patient is required to lie down on a table which is then passed through an opening, circular in structure. The radiations are rotated inside the CT scan machine for processing the images of the required body parts.
Benefits of Computed Tomography
- Computed Tomography helps in the identification of any benign (tumor) or malignant (cancer) growth in any part of your body.
- The procedure can be conducted for different body parts such as the head, abdomen, spine and chest among many others.
- The images provide much detailed information. It contains information regarding the condition of blood vessel, soft tissue and bones.
- Various bones and muscular disorders are also identified via Computed Tomography.
- Radiation therapy or biopsy can be carried out with the aid of Computed Tomography.
Risk factors associated with Computed Tomography
- If a person is allergic to Iodine (a dye used in the process), then it must be informed to the doctor beforehand to avoid further complications such as itching, nausea or vomiting.
- At times, kidney functions may get disrupted.
- The radiation emitted during CT scan is known to be harmful, especially for children.
- The dye used for conducting CT scan can cause allergic reaction that can be life-threatening.
At times the doctor may advise anti-allergic drugs to patients who are allergic to the dyes used in the process. CT scan is otherwise a very safe procedure for diagnosing various diseases.
If the children do not get sufficient amount of sleep at night, then their health will start getting deteriorated slowly. According to the medical surveys, it has been discovered that kids need much more sleep than adults.
It is pretty impossible to maintain kids' health without proper sleep at night. The kids will get tired soon and will lack in energy because of poor sleep.
Why sleep is important for kids' health?
- Growth promotion: Growth process might get retarded as a result of less hours of sleep. If the kids
stop growing, then their health cannot be maintained.
- Proper weight maintenance: If the kids lack in proper sleep, then their weight might get decreased slowly. A good sleep of at least 10 hours a day is necessary for maintaining weight of children so that great health can be acquired.
- Boosting internal energy: More energy will be generated so that daily activities can be performed with ease. The stamina level of kids can also be boosted as well.
- Growing improved bed-time habits: Bed-time habits can be properly scheduled with good sleep. If the sleep routine is not properly maintained, then the health condition of the kids will be adversely affected. Sleep can be audited properly, and your kids can grow fast.
- Promotes learning process: The kids can get an improved learning process by means of having good amount of sleep. If you want to make your kids learn new things or habits, then for that sufficient sleep during the night is needed.
- Increase in attention and concentration: Mental strength of kids can be increased along with the increase in concentration and attention level. This is very much essential for maintaining studies and daily activities.
- Reduction of injury risk: Immunity system of kids can be boosted to a great extent with proper sleep as a result of which the risks of physical and mental injuries can be reduced. In fact, severe kinds of heart diseases can also be prevented by means of having a good sleep at night.
Sleeping schedules for kids
- Pre-schoolers need almost 10-13 hours of sleep.
- For newborns, 14-17 hours sleep is appropriate.
- Infants need a sleep for almost 12-15 hours.
- Young adults are in need of at least 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Teenagers need 8-10 hours night-time sleep.
- For school-going kids, 9-11 hours sleep is needed.
The urinary tract starts from the kidneys to the urethra where urine is passed out. Given the rich concentration of minerals and toxic wastes, it is highly prone to multiple infections. UTI, as urinary tract infections are often referred to, is one of the most common infections. In women, especially, every 1 in 2 women is affected by an UTI. Whichever part of the tract is affected, the symptoms and treatment are mostly the same. Read on to know some of the most common symptoms and treatment options for these.
- A burning sensation with urination
- Pain with urination
- Burning sensation or pain in the urethra or vagina
- Frequent urge to urinate, though not much urine is passed out
- Sense of incomplete emptying of the bladder
- Pain in the lower back on the sides of the spine
- Change in the urine characteristics color, smell, or appearance
- Fever or chills, maybe associated with shivering, nausea and vomiting
Most urinary tract infections are bacterial in nature, and these could find their way into the body through multiple ways.
- The most common is through the urethra, which could happen due to unclean toilet habits.
- Women especially are advised to wipe the urethra after each toilet visit. The bacteria from the feces can also enter the urethra due to close proximity
- Use of unclean public toilets is another reason for UTIs
Though most often UTI does not require specific testing, the following are useful in confirming the diagnosis.
- Culture and sensitivity: The urine is sent for a culture to identify the exact organism that has caused the infection. It also helps identify the right antibiotic which will help bring the infection under control.
UTIs are very common infections and though there is nothing to worry, it should be cleared completely.
- Antibiotic course to get rid of the infection. Though you begin to feel better, the complete course should be completed to clear the infection.
- Following culture testing to ensure the infection is cleared
- Improve water intake to get rid of the toxins
- Fever and pain to be controlled with medications
- Healthy hygiene habits to ensure clearing of infection
Recurrent UTIs is a common problem, and the following can help prevent.
- Ensure complete emptying of the bladder
- Drink adequate water
- Safe toilet habits, including before and after sex
- Comfortable and clean underwear to prevent infection
Gout is a form of arthritis and occurs because of excessive uric acid in the body. There are proteins in the diet known as purines, and when they are metabolised, uric acid is released. When there is an excessive amount of purines in the diet, the body is unable to metabolise all of the produced uric acid. This excessive production or repaired metabolism can lead to gout. These get deposited in the joints as crystals in various joints, especially of the big toe.
- The joints, most frequently the big toe, are painful, swollen, red, and very warm to the touch
- The big toe is known as podagra
- The pain is a strong, shooting pain, very severe in nature
- The patient’s description is very diagnostic of gout
- Other joints could be affected including ankles, knees, and hands
Gout, as seen from above, is not just excessive uric acid in the body. There could be various reasons leading to this problem. Therefore, homoeopathy believes that the underlying problem needs to be evaluated and treated for the symptoms to disappear. The following are some commonly used remedies:
- Useful in both acute and chronic cases of gout
- Intense pain in the big toe, where the patient would not allow touching it
- The toe is stiff, swollen, red, and hot
- The pain is worse at night and during warm weathers
- The patient also may feel feverish and cold internally
- These patients usually have offensive urine, which is evident from a distance
- The urine may be brown in colour.
- The pain in the great toe is tearing, and the knees may also be affected, which also are painful and swollen.
- Any movement causes a cracking sound which increases with movement.
- The patient likes to keep the affected area covered, and opening it to air may worsen the symptoms.
- Useful in females, who may also have other feminine disorders (for instance, uterine issues) in addition to gout
- The toes and heels will have shooting pain which is worse in warm surroundings
- The affected joints also appear red and shining.
These people present with warm, bright yellow or blood red urine with sediments that could be red/reddish yellow.
- The pain travels from down below, for instance, starts with the feet and moves up to the knees and the limbs
- Small joints like the ball of the great toe and ankles are more affected by lack of warmth and inability to tolerate warmth
- Applying a cold towel or cloth may help relieve the pain.
Body dysmorphic disorder or body dysmorphia is categorized as a mental disorder which affects your mind, making you constantly think and worry about one or more conjured defects or flaws in your appearance. These flaws, to others, may seem minor and unnoticeable, even unobservable, but it affects you and makes you ashamed, less confident and forces you to stay away from any social interaction.
Body dysmorphia makes you obsess over your appearances intensely and the image of your body that you want to portray. You tend to repeatedly check the mirror and groom yourself constantly as a way to seek reassurance from your peers and yourself, often a number of times a day. This kind of obsession causes you distress and impacts the normalcy of everyday life.
Many affected individuals seek the help of cosmetic surgeries to try to make themselves perfect. However, this may give a temporary sense of satisfaction, but they are soon back to square one and are prepared to go under the knife again to fix something minute that may arise.
Signs and Symptoms of BDD
- An individual’s extreme preoccupation with any conjured flaws in their appearance that is completely minute and unobservable to others.
- Possession of a strong belief that the individual has a defect in his/her appearance and it makes him/her ugly or deformed.
- An irrational belief that other people take too much notice of your appearance and they mock you for it.
- Constantly engaged in actions to hide the so-called perceived flaw that oftentimes become involuntary and in front of other people as well. Like looking for a mirror everywhere and applying makeup or grooming items even though it is not required at that moment.
- Using makeup, clothes and styling accessories to hide perceived flaws.
- A tendency to compare one’s own appearance with others, often in a negative way.
- Asking others and seeking reassurance from them about one’s appearance.
- Possessing a tendency to try to look perfect or to look the way others perceive as perfect.
- Availing the help of cosmetic surgeries to look “good”. But getting little satisfaction from it.
- Avoiding any kind of social contact and situations.
- Disruption of social life and everyday life caused due to extreme preoccupation with appearance.
Affected individuals have a tendency to obsess over a change in the body. Body changes are natural, but a body dysmorphic individual will make a huge deal of it. These body parts will include:
- Face, nose, complexion, wrinkles, acne and other blemishes
- Hair appearances such as color, thinning and baldness
- Skin composure, tone, and the appearances of veins
- Size of the breasts
- Muscle structure and body tone
- Belly and abdomen region
Most of us have probably heard of probiotics and prebiotics in recent days, but do you happen to know what they are exactly and how they can be beneficial to your health? If you have some knowledge about nutrition, you will understand the prominence of prebiotics and probiotics, which aids in health improvement.
Prebiotics are non-digestible food components which are natural and acts as an excellent support for the natural growth of useful bacteria in the human body. They are termed as good bacteria promoters. Consumption of the prebiotic food will enhance calcium level in the body, and they are also responsible for gastrointestinal health improvement. There is no necessity to consume separate pills for prebiotic development; they are available in certain food items like onions, garlic, bananas, soybeans, whole-wheat foods, asparagus, artichokes and much more.
Probiotics are nothing but good bacteria which are naturally available in the body and are responsible for repopulation of intestinal bacteria. Probiotics are also responsible for management of bowel syndrome symptoms. Other than these, probiotics will help in the prevention of allergic symptoms, reduction of lactose intolerance etc. Probiotics are available in non-dairy food products like miso, cultured non-dairy yogurts, kimchi etc.
Advantages of Prebiotics and Probiotics
- Reduces the symptoms of asthma.
- Prevents eczema in children.
- Controls the development of colorectal cancer.
- Improves immune system
- Normalizes the bowel function.
- Improves immune system.
- Helps in the digestion process.
- Helps in nutrient absorption.
- Helps in detoxification.
- Improves health.
Other than the above-listed benefits, prebiotics and probiotics offer multiple benefits. Probiotics present in the body will work round the clock balancing both good and bad bacteria within the GI tract and prevents numerous problems like the poor elimination of waste, poor digestion, stress, oral contraceptives, etc. Overall, both prebiotics and probiotics are highly essential for humans to improve their health.
There are many probiotic and prebiotic supplements available in the market, but it is advisable for consumption of probiotics and prebiotics in a natural way by adding probiotic and prebiotic enriched food items to your daily diet.
The incidence of pain and lumps in the breast is on the rise. Breast cancer has grown in incidence over the years. More women are getting diagnosed with it, and the age at which they are being diagnosed has reduced too. Therefore, preventative checks and screenings have gone up significantly. The number of women diagnosed with small lumps has gone up drastically. The good thing is that since these are diagnosed in the early stages, the treatment is simpler and the prognosis far better than women who get diagnosed much later in life.
In a majority of cases, once a lump is identified the most preferred treatment is removal. This is known as lumpectomy. However, before a final decision is made to remove the lump, there are certain tests that are run by the doctor to confirm the diagnosis and extent of spread.
- A thorough breast exam to identify if this is an isolated lump or if there are more lumps in either breast. The exact shape and size of the lump also need to be identified so that treatment can be planned accordingly.
- Imaging to see if the lymph nodes have been involved. In most cases, there could be spread to the lymph nodes in the armpits which also need to be removed if required. If the lump is too big or too many in number, then a mastectomy may be required instead of a lumpectomy. This requires removal of the entire breast tissue on one or both sides (rarely) along with involved lymph nodes.
Pre-surgery: Once the diagnosis is confirmed, then the doctor will plan treatment. Prior to the surgery,
- Talk to your doctor about your other medical conditions and medications and allergies, if any
- Gynecologic history is very important to be discussed in detail
- Blood thinners have to be stopped prior to the surgery
- Post-surgery care needs to be planned, including a caretaker for a few days and postop care
- Lumpectomy or mastectomy is often done under general anaesthesia
- This requires hospitalization and carries the risks associated with anaesthesia
- The outlined breast tissue or complete breast and surrounding lymph nodes will be removed. The area will be closed using sutures and bandaged
- The wound needs to heal, and so postop care is very important
- For the first few days, painkillers and antibiotics are used to control pain and infection
- As a follow-up, some women may require radiation therapy to contain the suspicious tissue that may be left behind after lumpectomy
- If extensive breast tissue was removed, some women may prefer to have reconstructive surgery done
- Remember that lumpectomy is not a definitive procedure, and there could be cases that require a repeat operation
- Less invasive compared to a mastectomy
- The appearance of the breast is minimally affected, and symmetry is maintained
- May not ensure complete removal
- May require additional radiation therapy
- May require repeat surgery
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
It's that time of the years again when you have to add the candles over your cake. only this time you've reached an age when you are wondering how many should you actually put there. Aging tends to catch up with us all, or does it? How do some people continue looking like a million bucks while others end up looking twice their age? There are several beauty and anti-aging products in the market that promise to renew you youth and wipe of the years from your face. Before you try those, take time out to try out these tips to slow aging.
To slow down aging is not only about looking young but also feeling young and having a longer, more enjoyable quality of life. A healthier and better you is definitely a younger you. Here's how you can get there:
- Water is the secret sauce: We've heard it a hundred times that having 8 glasses of water a day can do us good but this is one reason that is going to get you running to that jug in your kitchen much faster. Human body s made of 60% water and it is a key ingredient to keep our organs functioning smooth. It'll improve your digestive system, keep your bowels running up and smooth, help flush out toxins from the body and improve the moisture content in your skin which in turn will keep it soft and supple. The trick is to also know when to have water. Starting your day with a couple of glasses of luke warm water and never have it with your meals.
- Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life-altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
- Eat fruits & vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slow down aging naturally.
Each and every man wants to increase his libido and sex drive to give a better performance and give a satisfying experience to his partner. But various factors such as stress, depression and hormonal imbalance can lead to a lack of desire for lovemaking. These factors can also affect fertility in the future, and it is important to understand what alters fertility and the causes of infertility to solve this problem. The good news is, libido and sex drive can be enhanced by a wide range of natural Viagra foods, and there is no need to depend on Viagra or other male enhancement pills because of latest Ayurveda Viagra.
How could homeopathic remedies help you?
Homeopathy is considered as very effective and safe mode of treatment which does not have any side effects on the body like other medicines. In homeopathy, it works from the root of the problem, cure the problem so that, there won't be any scope of it to happen again.
Sexual function is a complex interaction involving a number of neurotransmitters and hormones, and you are turned on only when there is a balance between inhibitory and excitatory pathways in the brain.
Premature Ejaculation is associated with several factors such as erectile dysfunction, stress, anxiety, relationship problems and some biological causes. The homeopathic medicines are very effective and work from the basic level of the problem and cure it, right from the roots.
The homeopathic medicines are very easy to take and the person does not become habitual of it. Homeopathic medicines to increase sex time do not have any harmful effects on the male reproductive system. There are several medicines in the homeopathy to avoid premature ejaculation and give you some extra time in bed with your partner.
Homeopathy works by stimulating the body’s own healing system. Your homeopath will prescribe medicines only after a thorough evaluation of your case to find out the cause and extent of your loss of libido. They will definitely ask you questions regarding your intimacy with your partner. For example, they may ask you questions like ‘Do you feel lazy to initiate sex?’ or ‘How’s your relationship with your partner?’ or even ‘Does your partner work hard to arouse you?’
You may have to get tests done to rule out diseases such as diabetes, thyroid, or hormonal imbalance. Significant loss of erection in men and neurological symptoms in women need further investigations.
Low sex drive can be present even without underlying diseases. Homeopathy can treat such cases also.
How soon can you expect to see results?
Prescribing a homeopathic remedy for your low libido can take a little more time than prescribing treatment in allopathy. This is because the remedy you are given has to match the symptoms you experience and your state of mind.
Since homeopathic prescriptions are individualized, you need to ask your homeopath as to when you can expect to see results. However, once relief is felt you should stop taking them. And if you don’t feel relief over a certain period of time, that means, you are probably taking the wrong homeopathic remedy.
Some tips and tricks:
- Talk openly with your partner about your sexual dysfunction
- Daily exercise is helpful to increase sexual drive
- Try to keep your body free from obesity
- Take a balanced diet filled with plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit
- Learn to relax and de-stress by meditating
- Stop smoking
- Alcohol has bad affects to sexual function and desire
- Try to reduce the drinking of alcohol
- Avoid illegal and powerful sexual drugs
Experiencing menstrual cramps for a few days every month is quite common for every woman. These cramps are commonly accompanied with pain. Menstrual cramps are referred to as dysmenorrhea. This is not a very serious health condition, but still the cramps can cause you pain and distress. You can manage the pain caused by menstrual cramps by making some simple changes and starting some practices. They are as follows:
Dietary Changes: You have to make several dietary modifications to manage menstrual cramps. Reduce fat from your daily diet and consume more vegetables. A low-fat diet helps in reducing the levels of inflammation in your body. These changes will successfully help you to reduce the severity of menstrual cramps. You have to adopt a well-balanced diet.
Medicines: Several painkillers which fall under the non-steroidal and anti-inflammatory groups are prescribed to relieve pain caused by the cramps. These medicines lower the production of prostaglandin that causes menstrual cramps. Inflammation and pain are relieved.
Consume Green Tea: There are certain green teas, which relieve menstrual cramps. Herbal tea has been used since medieval ages for this purpose. Cramp bark is an effective tea used for this reason. Peppermint oil tea is also considered good.
Fish Oil Supplements and Vitamin B1: Fish oil supplements and vitamin B1 help in naturally treating menstrual cramps. You will get quick and long-lasting relief by consuming these.
Acupuncture: Acupuncture can be utilised to treat menstrual cramps. The nervous system gets relaxed, which increases the flow of blood to the internal body organs. Acupuncture assures effective pain relief.
Massage Therapy: You can undergo massage therapy using certain essential oils. This provides great pain relief and is beneficial for menstrual cramps.
Heating Pads: Heating pads provide efficient relief to menstrual cramps. Topically applied heat is also considered to be effective and pain relief is obtained in a short period of time.
Boosting Endorphins: A boost in the endorphins improves your mood and gives relief from menstrual cramps. Endorphins are released when you work out or have an orgasm. Aerobic exercises and stretching techniques should be carried out regularly.
Boosting Magnesium: Boosting the amount of magnesium in your diet helps in relieving pain from menstrual cramps. You can consume food items rich in magnesium or magnesium supplements.
Menstrual cramps usually do not require hospitalisation and you can self-treat it using simple remedies. However, if the pain experienced due to cramps is very severe and does not go away, you must consult a doctor. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!