My name is Dr Anil Kumar Mehta. I am a consultant physician attached to Akash Hospital. Today's topic of discussion is Hypertension and its main complications.
Hypertension is a high blood pressure which can reach to many complications mainly in old age people. mainly in diabetics, kidney disorders and other heart-related issues. Having diabetes leads to high blood pressure problems and other heart and circulation problem also. Hypertension mainly causes damage to arteries, small capillary vessels all over the body, heart, kidney, eyes, it can affect all the major organs which can ultimately lead to heart failure, heart attack and also kidney failure.
Basically, people have four complications-
- Strokes in the central nervous system.
- Peripheral vascular disease, hardening of arteries legs and the feet
- Heart failure
- Colinary arteries
The normal BP in our body is 120-80. It can change with the lifestyle, activities which are involved in our day to day life.
How blood pressure is being treated?
There are various medicines available in the market such as angiotensins, blockers, angiotensin receptor blockers and other central nervous action drugs. It can reach up to the certain point of cure of hypertension. The 100% cure is not possible, you can only manage hypertension.
Rest hypertension can only be treated by changing the lifestyle. For example- maintain your sugar level, stop smoking, eat healthy balanced diet, limit the consumption of alcohol, maintain the body weight, exercise regularly. And consult the doctor regularly for the regular check up.
This is a brief information I shared with you regarding Hypertension.
For more information or consultation, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Symptoms and treatments of Viral fever
Good Morning all of you my name is Dr. Anil Kr Mehta consultant physician attached to Akash Hospital. Today's topic of discussion is viral fever. As you know viral fever attacks every human being in his/her life. It refers to wide range of viral infections characterized by body ache, increase in body temperature, headache, rash, restlessness, reduced activity of the human being and leads to various kinds of illnesses. You can broadly classify it as viral illness. You can control the viral fever symptomatically with various medications available over the counter at the chemist shop.
Now how can we diagnose viral fever? It can only be diagnosed by symptoms and the descriptions given by the person that whether he is suffering from body ache, rashes, red eyes, cough and cold. These are the basic symptoms of viral fever. Diagnosis is basically done by symptoms and by complete blood count to rule out other infectious diseases like typhoid, hepatitis. Therefore we have to check basic blood parameters like complete blood count, ESR, peripheral smear for malaria antigen.
How can one treat viral fever? It can be treated symptomatically by paracetamol to reduce body temperature. Also you can do cold sponging, and take well nourished diet. If you add Vitamin you may consume Limcee in your diet. When there is deficiency in the body, it reduces immunity which fights and controls various infections in your body. If you take Vitamin C regularly you can fight viral fever.
And there are various home remedies, like coriander tea, herbal tea, fenugreek seeds, tulsi leaves, rice starch, dry ginger lime mixture.
For more information you can contact me at lybrate. read more
Here are type, cause, symptoms, and treatments of Diabetes
Good morning all of you, my name Dr. Anil Mehta, I am consultant physician practicing for the last 23 years in Delhi as a general practitioner. Today’s topic of discussion is Diabetes.
Diabetes is very core mobility existing in our community defines all disorder that affects all organs of the body leading to increase of sugar levels due to deficiency of insulin which occurs due lack of insensitivity of the body organs, to insensitivity to different organs and also due to lack of insulin and due to lack of decrease production in the pancreas leading to its various core morbidities in every organs of the body. Mainly its symptoms are polydipsia, polyphagia, and polyuria and delayed wandlining.
There are various types of diabetes mainly in our community.
You know there is type 1 and type 2.
Type 1 is existing in children and young adults and type are existing in old age. Type 1 is known as due to lack of insulin. Deprive of and the patient is deprived of insulin so we have to replace the insulin.
Type 2 there is decrease sensitivity of insulin so lead to various other disorders mainly existing in old age. So to replace insulin, increase sensitivity there are various drugs available to treat. Ok, now we come to the complications. There are various complications mainly it affects eyes, peripheral system nerves, and kidney, heart every organ of the body. We can divide into microangiopathy and macroangiopathy. Microangiopathy means small vessels of the body leading to reduce sensation altered sensation. Micro was Fletcher of the body example is diabetic foot reduce sensation numbness leading to foot ulcers and diabetic foot. It’s a nowadays a huge problem in our community.
So I am discussing this topic diabetes because it is a major disorder in our world. The patient is increasing more than 6 million and incidence is 2 or 3 children in every 10 giving birth to a baby means every 10 individual 1 or 2 or 3 are having diabetes. There are various measures by which you can screen diabetes mainly by fasting blood sugar, post mandal sugar and also by Hba1c.
So I will cut short my topic of discussion, you can any information or contact me at my clinic, my website at lybrate.com at Dr. Anil Mehta. Thank youread more
Doctor in Akash Medical Centre
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Weight Management Treatment
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hiv Prophylaxis Post Exposure
Viral Fever Treatment
Thyroid Disorder Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Management of Surrogacy
Submit a review for Akash Medical CentreYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Anil Mehta provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks doctor
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anil Mehta to be very helpful, prompt, practical and knowledgeable. Dear Dr. Mehta. Thanks for the prompt replies to my queries. I have started on all the drugs you have prescribed. Appreciate your help. Best regards. Sunita Karnik.
very helpful and genuine advice by the doctor
Even though I was fit and fine, it was shocked when I got to know that I have erection problems. Dr Anil Mehta is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. It's been more than a year that I was experiencing Erection problem. I searched Dr Anil Mehta online and saw his reviews. The atmosphere in the Akash Medical Centre is always so positive and full of life. Akash Medical Centre can handle all types of emergency cases. Dr Anil Mehta guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. Whatever tests the Anil Mehta prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition.
I never get sick, but then last year i started developing the hairfall symptoms. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of hair fall. I consulted Dr Anil Mehta. He ensures that he listens to his patients. Over the period of time the hair fall treatment has helped me a lot. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Akash Medical Centre. Whatever tests he prescribed, were very correct and the gave they gave us an exact idea about my condition. Someone from the office, referred us that Anil Mehta. Finally with his treatment, I am completely cured from the hair fall issue..
It's been more than a year that I was experiencing diabetes. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from diabetes, but my Dr.Anil Mehta was able to handle it. He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. My problem was such that it required a number of medicines daily, and I must say I am feeling much better now. The overall atmosphere in the Akash Medical Centre is very soothing. In the very first sitting, Anil Mehta clearly told us the problem and the what the treatment procedure will be in future. Thanks to him I am much better now.
Never thought I will suffer from pimples like this. He is a very practical doctor. Our family physician personally recommended Dr Anil Mehta. I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Akash Medical Centre. Overall pimples treatment was very effective. Akash Medical Centre had all the amenities, a patient requires. Dr Anil Mehta guidance has helped me immensely and has helped gain confidence. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases.
I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Anil Mehta perfect advice. One of my neighbour's recommended this Anil Mehta. So many doctors I consulted, but his treatment was the best. Everything was just spick and span in the Akash Medical Centre. Anil Mehta has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes his reference. I feel strange that I am suffering from pregnancyI was having this pregnancy, but the symptoms were not very visible.
dr Anil Mehta is a wonderful Doctor. All doctors should take inspiration from him for how to treat patients so politely . He explains very well and make emotional connect with patients which is in my opinion makes patients relaxed. I took a treatment from him for allergy problem at his clinic Akash Medical Centre in delhi. He is very intelligent and treatment is worth it.
Many people gave very positive feedback for Dr Anil Mehta. I consulted him as I was suffering from sugar for such a long time. I am so happy with the results of my treatment, that I will surely recommend Dr Anil to anyone gladly. He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries.
Dr. Anil Mehta provides answers that are very helpful, knowledgeable, caring, professional and sensible. Doctor Anilmahata is happy to be a doctor in that he has cured me, now feeling normal, thankyou doctor
dr Anil Mehta at Akash Medical Centre in Delhi did my allergy treatment as my health was getting too much effected due to my allergy. The treatment he gave me was very nice and effective. Thanks to him.
dr Anil Mehta has a very good approach, he is very understanding and solves problems in no time. I consulted him for my acne and pimple problem at his clinic Akash Medical Centre in Sheikh Sarai
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anil Mehta to be knowledgeable. Sir I am happy with the treatment suggestion and I have taken followup also please update sir
Dr. Anil Mehta provides answers that are very helpful. Sir problem to shootout ho thi but now its becom in my life, so sir what can i do right now?
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anil Mehta to be caring, thorough, well-reasoned, nurturing and very helpful. Really helped me a lot …
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Anil Mehta to be very helpful and helped me improve my health. Thanks. Any recommendations for sugar?
Dr. Anil Mehta provides answers that are very helpful. Very very thanks for good &NICE SUGGESTIONS AND ALSO CORRECT DIOGONOS
Dr Anil was very helpful in providing me valuable consultation and helped me identify my condition in a much better way.
It was nice. Doctor explained each and everything very clearly regarding my symptomps.
Depression can be caused because of many reasons. However, it can get worse or be triggered due to nutritional deficiency. However nutritional deficiencies and depression act in a vicious cycle. Depressed people often receive less or improper food which leads to malnutrition which again aggravate depression. Thus, both conditions should be treated simultaneously. Read further to know how:
- Omega-3 fatty acids: An Omega-3 unsaturated fat deficiency can cause depression. That shows exactly how much fish, salmon, halibut or flaxseeds and walnuts we have to expend to be at an ideal level. These basic minerals lessen aggravation and take up a basic part in our mental health, particularly memory and disposition.
- Vitamin D: Vitamin D deficiency is a noteworthy problem that specialists and general physicians perceive to be dangerous. This lack has been connected to depression, dementia and mental imbalance. The majority of our Vitamin D levels drop off during the fall and winter months, since daylight is the best source of vitamin D.
- Magnesium: Odds are great that you are magnesium inadequate since a lot of people are. Sugar, phosphoric acid, perpetual anxiety, anti-infection agents and diuretics contain magnesium. Magnesium is infrequently alluded to as the anxiety counteracting agent.
- Vitamin B complex: B vitamins like vitamin B6 and vitamin B12 have some great medical advantages, including decreased heart diseases and healthy skin and nails. Again, a vitamin B deficiency may affect your emotional wellness. Every one in four depressed or stressed woman suffers from vitamin B12 deficiency.
- Folate: Individuals with a low folate level have just a seven percent reaction to treatment with antidepressants. Those with high folate levels have a reaction of 44 percent. That is the reason a lot of specialists are currently endorsing a folate called Deplin to treat dejection.
- Amino acids: Amino acids are the building blocks of protein that help your mind work efficiently. An amino acid deficiency may make you feel slow, foggy, unfocused, and discouraged. Great sources of amino acids include meat, eggs, beans, seeds, and nuts.
- Iron: Iron deficiency is truly common in women. Around 20 percent of the women and 50 percent of pregnant women are iron deficient. Just 3 percent of men are iron deficient. The most widely recognized type of side effect is the decreasing number of red platelets brought on by the lack of iron. The side effects include weakness, concentration issues and a foggy mind.
- Zinc: Zinc is used by more proteins (a person has more than 300) than some other minerals. It is important to most of the body’s systems. It also helps our stomach to determine what food items or nutrients to keep and what to dispose off.
Therefore, it is very important for a person to consume the right amount of nutrients that a human needs. Their deficiency not only causes depression, but also many other diseases and illnesses.
Migraines are a severe form of headache wherein the excruciating pain is accompanied by an extreme sensitivity to sound and light; you also experience nausea. The headaches usually affect either side of the head and are throbbing in nature. Hot flashes, numbness of limbs and blind spots in the eye; these are often considered as warnings. In certain cases, migraines can cause blackouts that can range from a few seconds to a few minutes.
Migraines Occur in Four Stages:
- Pro-drome (symptom indicative of an onset of an illness).
- Aura (visual auras including blurred vision).
- Post-drome (the residual effects of migraine characterized by fatigue and lethargy).
But the occurrence of these stages varies across individuals. The causes of migraines aren’t specifically understood. It may be due to the interaction of the brain stem with the trigeminal nerve which is an important pain pathway of the brain. Imbalances in hormonal levels or in the levels of neurotransmitters such as serotonin may also prove to be a causal factor.
Migraines may be triggered due to stress, physical exertion, and excess intake of alcohol or food additives such as MSG (Monosodium Glutamate). Changes in the environment and sleeping patterns may also be probable culprits.
Migraines can be easily distinguished from regular headaches, given the fact that migraines last longer and are rather severe in nature with pain felt in one part of the head. Most people experience the ‘Aura’stage where they have visual flashes right before headache. Nausea, eye pain or sensitivity to light and sound are other factors helpful in distinguishing migraine from other headaches.
Symptoms can occur a while before headache, immediately before headache, during headache and after headache. Although not all migraines are the same.
Typical symptoms include:
- Moderate to severe pain, usually confined to one side of the head during an attack, but can occur on either side of the head
- The pain is usually a severe, throbbing, pulsing pain
- Increasing pain during physical activity
- Inability to perform regular activities due to pain
- Feeling sick and physically being sick
- Increased sensitivity to light and sound, relieved by lying quietly in a darkened room
- Some people experience other symptoms such as sweating, temperature changes, tummy ache and diarrhea.
Complications in migraine may include:
- Chronic migraine which last up to 15 days or more
- Status Migrainosus where the attacks last for over 3 days
- Migrainous infarction where the aura lasts longer than it should, cutting blood supply to the brain.
Type 2 diabetes (T2DM) is a chronic metabolic disorder that prevents the body from processing sugar or glucose. The disorder causes insufficient production of the hormone Insulin (responsible for regulating sugar into the different parts of your body); or the body's failure to respond to the hormone produced. Although no cure is available for T2DM, there are several ways in which you can help prevent Type 2 diabetes in your child. These are:
1. Get your child to indulge in some physical activity - Spending about 60 minutes of the day on physical activity can help your child to ward off Type 2 diabetes. In terms of screen time, it shouldn't be over 2 hours a day. By doing so, he or she ends up building his or her muscles as well as gets rid of extra fat from the body. An active life would also help your child to maintain an optimal body weight with obesity being a cause of this form of diabetes. Whether it's a sport like swimming, cricket or basketball, or even walking and dancing, physical activity in any form can help in preventing your child from developing Type 2 diabetes.
2. Plan a well-balanced diet for your child - Encouraging your child to have healthy foods and making right food choices can also lower his or her chances of getting this metabolic disorder. Foods high in fiber like whole grain cereals and bread, lentils, fruits, and vegetables should be consumed. Similarly, foods low in trans and saturated fats like lean meat, chicken, yogurt and cheese should be included in your child's diet. Processed foods, as well as sugary drinks, should be no-no when it comes to your child's diet.
3. Adopting proper eating habits - It is not only making the right food choices that are important but eating right as well is vital for preventing the onset of diabetes. Having meals with fix portion sizes is a habit that you need to develop in your child. Ideally, half the plate should be filled with vegetables and fruits; a quarter with lean protein like chicken; and the remaining with whole grain. To accompany the meal, make your child have one cup of no-fat or low-fat milk. Desserts like ice cream and cookies should be allowed only once or twice a week.
Viral fever refers to a wide range of conditions caused by viral infections of the body. These infections lead to an elevation of body temperature, along with a variety of other symptoms such as headaches, body aches, chills and skin rashes. Viral fever can affect people of all age groups and may even be highly contagious if it is not contained and treated.
What causes viral fever?
Viral fever is caused by the infestation of viruses that spread through various avenues. These viruses enter the body and multiply at a specific site, leading to an infection that manifests itself as the symptoms of fever. This fever may be chronic or acute, depending on the nature of the infection and can easily spread from one person to another.
Some of the ways in which viral fever spreads are as follows:
Consumption of contaminated food and water.
Contact with contaminated surfaces.
Contact with infected animals.
The symptoms of viral fever begin to show after an incubation period during which the virus multiplies within the body. The nature and duration of the illness varies from case to case. The most common symptoms of viral fever that accompany high body temperatures include the following:
Redness of the eyes
Inflammation of the throat
How is viral fever treated?
A case of viral fever can be quite easily treated if there is an absence of complications. For this, the illness simply needs to be diagnosed early. The use of antibiotics and steroids for treatment is advised against unless the infections have escalated beyond a certain extent. Some of the ways to treat viral fever are:
Prescription of antiviral medication
Adequate bed rest
Ample fluid intake
Administration of nasal decongestants
In most cases, the illness gets treated within the span of a few days. However, if the symptoms persist any longer, it is advisable to consult a specialist to check for underlying problems or complications. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Haemophilia is a type of disorder in which blood does not clots easily or in a normal way. Haemophilia A is one of the common types of disease which causes due to deficiency of blood clotting factor VIII. Haemophilia B is another type which is caused due to the deficiency of blood clotting factor IX. Haemophilia is a lifetime condition which has no exact cure but can be managed by treatment. Haemophilia is a hereditary disorder which is mostly seen in men but is also observed in women sometimes if they carry the gene.
Symptoms of Haemophilia
Symptoms of haemophilia can vary depending on the severity of the disease. In most of the cases, bleeding is the common symptom of haemophilia. Sometimes, haemophilia causes internal bleeding which if left untreated can cause joint pains. There are some other general symptoms seen in people suffering from haemophilia. They are listed here.
- Bleeding through the nose
- Bleeding seen in faeces or urine
- Continuous bleeding when removal of tooth, surgery and when injured
- Unprompted bleeding
- Bleeding seen in joints which lead to swelling and pain
- Bleeding seen in urinary and gastrointestinal tracts
In some cases, internal bleeding happens in the brain which may come into notice during an injury. Such type of internal bleeding can be detected by the following symptoms.
- A severe headache
- Neck pain
- Severe stiffness in the body
- Abrupt weakness
- Problems in walking
Treatment for Haemophilia
The standard treatment of haemophilia involves mainly in replacement of missing clotting factor. As haemophilia is caused due to deficiency of factor VIII, the treatment involves the injection of factor VIII concentrates into the body which can be identified depending on the severity of bleeding, the site of bleeding and the age of the patient. Depending on the seriousness of the disease, factor VIII concentrates are given to the patient before going for surgery or dental extractions. This can help in preventing the bleeding.
As haemophilia is a hereditary disease, it is advisable to concentrate on prevention rather than cure of the disease. In order to prevent the disease, it is wise to undergo a genetic counselling. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The lifestyle we lead plays an important role. Maintaining a healthy lifestyle is important to overcome many diseases as it helps in bringing the blood pressure to normal and in turn reduce the risks of diseases, such as diabetes and hypertension. Factors like smoking, diet, stress and sedentary lifestyle can lead to hypertension and diabetes. Hypertension is known as silent killer as it is symptomless.
There are various traditional medicines known to lower the blood pressure. Also, there are certain herbs that help in controlling blood pressure and preventing other diseases.
Some of these herbs are:
- Basil: This herb has a strong aroma and can be used in the preparation of many foods. It also helps in lowering the blood pressure, though for a brief time. Adding freshly chopped or torn basil to soups, salads, pastas and casseroles not only enhance the taste but are also beneficial for health.
- Cinnamon: This herb requires some effort to add in the diet, but is helpful in maintain the blood pressure. Diabetic people should have cinnamon everyday in some or the other way. Cinnamon can be included by sprinkling over cereals, oats, coffee, stews and curries.
- Cardamom: Cardamom if consumed daily can be helpful in bringing down blood pressure and in turn controlling hypertension and diabetes. Cardamom is very popular in South Asia, the seeds can be powdered and used in stews, soups or baking. It not only has an enhanced flavor but is also packed with numerous health benefits.
- Flaxseed: This is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids. Omega-3 fatty acids are believed to lower the blood pressure and also protect the body against atherosclerotic cardiovascular disease. They are known for reducing cholesterol levels, and improving glucose tolerance thus acting as antioxidant. Flaxseeds can be added in smoothies and soups or baked goods.
- Garlic: Garlic often synonymous with bad breath and pungent seasoning has immense health benefits. It dilates and relaxes the blood vessels allowing the blood to flow freely and in turn reduces the blood pressure.
- Ginger: Adding ginger to the diet helps to control the blood pressure. It relaxes the blood vessels and improves the circulation of the blood. Ginger can be used in sweets, savories and beverages and is very common in Asian food.
- Celery Seed: This is a diuretic and in China it is used to treat hypertension. This can be used to flavor stews, soups, savory dishes and casseroles. Both the seeds and the plant have various benefits and uses of their own.
- Hawthorn: This herb is used to treat high blood pressure in China. Decoctions of the herb have health benefits such as reduction of blood pressure, controlling hypertension and blood circulation.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A quite serious bacterial infection, diphtheria is caused by the Corynebacterium diphtheria. It usually tends to affect the throat and the mouth of an affected person, although there are other varieties which can infect your skin as well. However, the most common cases of diphtheria affect the throat and the mouth.
Symptoms of diphtheria in general
It may take up to five days for symptoms to show up when you are infected with the disease. Some of the symptoms would be:
- You neck would swell up due to swelling in the lymph nodes, especially in the neck
- Your throat and tonsils will develop a thick grayish membrane
- Your throat may become sore and hoarse
- You may face difficulty in breathing, depending on the size of the membrane and the resultant inflammation
- You may have difficulty swallowing as well
These are the primary symptoms which will affect your throat in general. Some of the other symptoms that may show up are:
- Nasal discharge
- Malaise or a general feeling of discomfort
The parts of your body, which are affected the most tend to be your throat, tongue and the neck. The pain tends to persist for quite some time as you recover.
Causes of diphtheria
Diphtheria is usually spread by the following methods
- Airborne droplets: This is possibly the most common method of contracting the disease. This usually happens when a person is infected with diphtheria coughs or sneezes around you. The airborne droplets then travel from one person to another, transmitting the infection. This is particularly the case in crowded area such as public transport and public spaces.
- Touching personal items which may be infected: Touching used towels, paper tissues or drinking from an unwashed glass may cause an infection as well. These tend to happen mostly in an indoor setting such as offices and houses. Even toys, door and equipment handles can cause transmission of this virus.
If you are showing any of these symptoms, it is prudent to go visit your doctor immediately as diphtheria, if left untreated, may also result in serious complications.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The best ways to look after your heart is with a healthy lifestyle.
- Be smoke-free
- Be physically active
- Look after your mental health
- Manage your blood cholesterol
- Manage diabetes
- Achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- Enjoy a variety of nutritious foods
These are the basic and easy steps which you can follow to maintain a healthy life. In round the clock atleast reserve 45 minutes for you health, still you have 23.15 hours a day for all other activities. Just think over it.