Greetings from Asta Medi Care. I am Dr. Virendra Kumar Raju.
I want to highlight a big problem that we are facing in hospitals and clinical practice - that is the resistance of the antibiotics. In general, everybody use antibiotics as a first treatment for any kind of condition of any dose , no matter what medicine they want if they are available.
So my request to everybody is - don’t take antibiotics without the prescription of a registered doctor that is a qualified doctor. Okay, because if you take the antibiotic at home at our own doses which may be two, which, if the antibiotics require three times a day dose, you take 2 time dose, antibiotic requires less a dose but if you take higher antibiotics that give the bugs, the bacteria, a chance to get exposed to the antibiotics at the dose which will not kill the bug. Later, the bug will get resistant to that antibiotics.
So next time you take the antibiotics, the bug will be more resistant to that, because of that your health will not improve, you will pay more for the antibiotics and you have to go to higher antibiotics and to the high hospitals for elements. So my request to everybody is that don’t take antibiotics by yourself. Consult a qualified doctor and on his advice take the full dose of antibiotics as prescribed by the doctor. If the doctor says to take for five days, you have to take it for 5 days. Don’t stop the antibiotics.
Similarly the big scenario is coming the commonest infection which we are facing in India is tuberculosis. There is a big big problem to us. Nowadays tuberculosis is getting very very resistant to all the antibiotics, which we call multidrug-resistant or extreme drug resistant in which no matter what antibiotics you give, patient will not improve. So the cost and the effect is on our general public. So my request is don’t take antibiotic by yourself. Don’t go to chemist. Don’t go to unqualified doctor, and take their medicine.
Go to a registered regular doctor and take the medicine on his advice, secondly, another scenario which is coming up is the explosion of the chronic diseases like hypertension, diabetes and the cholesterol problem. The reason, nobody knows. 100% nobody knows why there is a reason. Why there are so much people are suffering from hypertension, diabetes, cholesterol problems, thyroid problem. Research is going on on that. But till then, what we should do? You all know that prevention is better than the cure. So you have to go for prevention.
To prevent these conditions we have to maintain your lifestyle. Proper lifestyle. Go for a, at least for half an hour of exercise. Exercise does not mean you have to go to the gym. You can just walk around. You can do a jogging. You can go for swimming. That will do that. Half an hour or one hour of exercise can keep your wait under check, which is very important. Don’t eat anything and keep your diet balance. It should not be too much non veg, too much veg, too much fatty food, too much sugar, you have to be careful. If you are on an office job , you have to reduce your diet.
But if you are an athlete and you are going for regular exercise you can have some Liberace in your diet. Second is that, don’t smoke. If you smoke, you are calling for lot of diseases. From cancer to the asthma to tuberculosis to anything you name it. Everything can be because of smoking, including diabetes and hypertension also. Third is that keep your weight under check. Fourth, is very important, follow the advice of the doctor. Because these blood pressures, diabetes. Cholesterol problems they are not going to be treated they have to under check, because prevention is better than cure.
What we have to prevent? First you have to prevent them, this diseases but if you get this diseases then you have to prevent the complications because those complications cannot be cured. Remember this. And those complications are dreaded complications. They will give you a lot of cost. They will make your life miserable, if not prolonged, if not shortened, okay. So you have to follow the advice of the doctor. Early age blood pressure and diabetes in 30’s or 40’s. So that in your later part of life is 55 or 60 years you will be happy, that is my point.
Follow the advice of doctor and keep your lives healthy. Thank you.read more
I am Dr. Kanu Verma, dermatologist, practicing in Dwarka Aastha Medi Care.
Today I will be talking about something for the hair treatment that is platelet-rich plasma therapy which is very commonly used these days for the hair restoration platelet plasma basically, concentrate of your platelets from your blood which is derived from your, patients whole blood only by centrifuge method. This platelet-rich plasma concentrate is very rich in the growth factors which helps in the hair, the restoration, the regrowth and skin rejuvenation so these are the two main indications of the PRP in the dermatology that is for the skin rejuvenation and for the hair restoration.
What is platelet rich plasma therapy do and how it is given. Actually it is given by very thin fine needles through the napal method. The blood is taken from the blood. It is centrifuged simultaneously and then it is immediately injected into the scalp with a very fine thin needle and the patient don’t feel the pain as the numbing gel is applied before the procedure so that the patient doesn’t feel any discomfort or pain. When this platelet-rich plasma goes inside the scalp it stimulates the hair roots for the hair regrowth, for new hair follicles formation and for the blood vascular we should, to increase the blood supply to the hair roots so that helps in the hair regrowth and it gives very natural results.
It doesn’t gives any unnatural looks like the hair transplantation used to do. It is not at all hair transplantation. It is your own blood. A portion of your own blood is reinjected into your skin for the hair regrowth. It can be given to who are the suitable candidates. Even both man and women both can be given this therapy. Persons having the thinning of hair. Male pattern baldness, thinning over the temples and over top of the scalp. Females having broadening of the center parting or male pattern hair loss. They are the suitable candidates for this.
Yes, this therapy is little expensive, because it requires many multiple sessions, usually 6 to 8 and the results will be seen. Patient start appreciating the results after 3 to 4 months 3 to 4 sittings. The therapy is very safe. There is no side effect as your own blood is used. There is no chance of infection, contamination. It is like an office procedure. No rest is required, patient can go to the work immediately. No admission required. So in short it is a very good therapy for those patient who don’t want to take medicines or those who don’t want to go for the hair transplantation. I think PRP is a good therapy for that.
Thank you very much.read more
I am Dr. Sunita Verma obstetrician and Gynecologist. I am practicing in Dwarka. Sector 12-A, Aastha Medi Care.
Today I want to speak something about effective, advanced women age and the reproductive outcome of the women. Nowadays the rate of infertility is on the rise. Especially in urban area and in many cases the main factor is advanced maternal age. The biological clock doesn’t stop for your studies or for career making or money security because the fertility of a woman decreases after she reaches the age of 30 years. So it’s better to plan pregnancy in the early years. Best time is between 25 to 30 years. Rather than delaying it till 35 and on. Because with the increasing age it has been seen that because of decreased aware and capacity to produce good quality eggs. The infertility rate increases and similarly it leads to many hormonal complications like PCOD and difficulty in caring a pregnancy or facing material complications during pregnancy and also increase rate of the cesarean section rather than normal deliveries. So I want to make a point through this medium that women should plan pregnancy when they are a younger age rather than delaying for, delaying for later age.
Thank you so much.read more
Myself, Dr Kamal Verma, I am practising Senior Radiation Oncologist. Just want to talk about the alarming rate of rise of cancer in India. The silver lining is that Cancers are highly curable when they are detected at the early stage and treated properly. When the cancer is detected smaller in size, the treatment is also more effective, easy, less expensive and has fewer side effects. In addition, a large number of cancers are preventable by achieving, adopting a healthier lifestyle. So that is all like together to fight this. Wishing you a healthy life.read more
Hello. Good morning friends, I am Dr Kanu Verma, a consultant dermatologist, practising in Dwarka. Today, I am going to speak about Fungal Nail Infections.
These infections are very common. Normally, they can affect any part of the body. They are not serious infections but very unpleasant. The fungal infection occurring in nails, therefore, it is called Fungal nail infections. In medical term, it is also called as Onichomicosis or Tinea Unguium.
Some amount of fungus is very normal in the skin as the other bacterias. But if this fungus further grows, then it leads to infection.
Nail Fungal Infections
It is a very slow growing infection which is not often noticed. The patient comes to know when the nail plate gets damaged, that is some pain in the nail.
Why does this fungus grow?
Well, the fungus needs warm and moist environment to develop. When some un noticed injury happens to the nail fold or nail plate, it starts developing in the warm and moist environment, as it is a favourable environment to grow. Sometimes the injury is so minor that it often goes un noticed and the patient won't be aware of the infection.
When the nail plate gets discoloured, or some lines start appearing on the nails, crumbled nails, then only patients come to know about the problem and they consult doctor through which they get to know about the nail fungus.
Who develops the nail fungus?
- People who work in a warm moist environment for a long time.
- The housewife may also face this problem while dish washing or gardening or while doing any kind of house work, they may get cut in their nails which will ultimately lead to nail fungus.
- People who are suffering from some diseases like diabetes, psoriasis, elder people, swimmer, people who walk bare foot, tends to suffer from fungal infections more commonly. However, toe nail infection is more common than finger nail infection.
How to diagnose nail fungal infection?
If you have any sort of discolouration of nails, pain or swelling, these are the signs of fungal infections and u need to consult a dermatologist. A doctor can scratch your nail for diagnosing a fungus. The infected nail may look like greenish yellowish in colour, or there may also occur some swollen nail fold, discharge. If it is advanced then the nail may get crumbled, distorted nail plate, or sometimes the nail plate get lifted up due to the fungus deposition. So, basically, these are the symptoms of nail fungal infections. Also, the nail can completely be destroyed if these symptoms are ignored which can not be repaired. There will be complete nail destruction and it will become very difficult to cure.
How the nail fungal infection treated?
The treatment is possible but it takes time for the recovery. The recovery time depends on the amount of damage caused to nail, patients tolerance and the number of nails damaged.
What type of treatments are available?
The oral medication is available and the topical creams. The treatment procedure takes months for the recovery. The finger nails take about 3-4 months for the recovery and for toe nails, it takes 4-5 months. Nowadays, Laser treatment for fungal infections is also available which is fast, effective and especially for those kinds of patients which can not tolerate anti-fungal tablets.
How to prevent nail fungus?
- It depends on how much you take care of your nails.
- The more you go for the regular checkup of your nail injury.
- regular clipping of a nail, go to such salons which do manicure and pedicure with the sterile equipment.
- If you are diabetic, then proper sugar control should be there.
- Don't keep your nails in moisture for long hours.
- If you are required to wear shoes for long hours, then you should apply anti- fungal powder on the toes, in order to keep them dry and does not allow fungus to grow.
These are few tips which can help you prevent nail fungal infection.
Here are symptoms,cause and treatments of Acne and Acne Scars
Hello friends I’m Dr. Kanu Verma. I’m a consultant dermatologist and cosmetologist practicing in the Dwarka, Delhi. Today I’m going to say something about the very common skin problem which is
acne. This is a very common problem which is because of the inflammation of the Pilosebaceous unit of our skin which is attributed to the androgen hormone activities or keratinization problem or related to the bacterial P-acne infection in the gland and so on.
Sometimes, usually the stress environment food habits they don’t have the direct impact on that acne but indirectly they cause the acne. OK now the acne squally of acne is acne scars. Actually the scarring is the problem. Acne scars occurs when the inflammation inflammatory changes and infection in the pilosebaceous unit exceeds the skin repair mechanism. There can be a two type of acne scars hypertrophic or raised scars or atrophic depressed scars. Hypertrophic scars when the bear mechanism is over and excessive so there’s more collagen formation and this scars are raised over the skin. Atrophic or depressed scars it could be when there’s a loss of skin tissue from skin though that causes the skin couldn’t repair it properly and there comes the depressed scars. It could be of ISPECT types of scars, box scars, rolling scars.
One more thing sometimes is no scarring over the skin but acne heals leaving behind the pigmentary changes over the skin that we call hyper pigmentation or post inflammatory hyperpigmentation. There are many type of treatment for the acne scars not only the medicine but chemical peels, microdermabrasion, micro-needling processes, micro-needling includes derma rollers, derma pens, then laser treatment. All these treatments you have to go through a sequel of treatment so that the skin and this skin become smooth and the scars fade away.
There are some do’s and don’ts for the acne and acne scars. You should not pick and prick the acne or pimples when they are. There is very good temptation be that squeeze of the white puss from the acne so it won’t leave us scar. Don’t keep on touching the acne, don’t pricking them, pressing them, squeezing them, don’t wash them frequently, cover your face always when while going out of the house, wear the sunscreen, cover your face with the dupatta or scarf, so that it prevents for your skin from the pollution. This is normal ways from which you can prevent the acne scar to an extent. Drink lots of water. Have a healthy lifestyle. More of the fruits and veggies in your diet. Avoid junk food.
If you need any further consultation or details about the treatment then you can go contact me through the Lybrate.
Doctors in Aastha Medicare
Patient Review Highlights
My experience has been very good. Dr. kanu is not just professional but also friendly. She ensures that she would give enough time to listen to your problem and then also would properly answer it; no matter how much time that takes. She is more inclined towards ensuring tht you get the right treatment at a low cost. I am very satisfied with the treatment. My treatment is still on and its been 2 months and i can already see a difference in my skin. I strongly recommend her to you. please see for yourself. i have recommended her to my friends and family.
I have many skin related problems from when i was a child and at the age of 21 i started having corns on my feet which got me worried since they were causing a lot of pain and also some were so hard that they were numb. I consulted a lot of doctors that recommended various medicines to remove it but they were uneffective then i finally went for the removal which was quick and easy. Dr verma is a brilliant doctor and must be consulted on this matter.
I have had a mole since childhood on my face and i had always thought of getting it removed through medicinal treatments but they had side effects on my health. But after searching on the net I found out that cosmetic surgery is a very easy way to get rid of moles. So i started searching for good doctors and Dr kanu verma came up as one of the top doctors and she was actually the best I could ask for. The mole is now removed and my face is clean.
So i was about to go on a holiday and wanted to get a bleach treatment done. Instead of going to the salon to get it done I found about the bleaching treatment at Dr. kanu vermas clinic and decided to give it a try. I must say that the treatment is very effective and the skin is much lighter and fair than what i used to get at from the salon. Highly recommended.
A wart that had been on my sons hand since 2 years was starting to irritate him a lot and he wanted to get it removed so i consulted a doctor and he suggested to try medication but it was no good. On the other hand dr verma really made my son comfortable and removed the wart with ease and without any pain. my son is very happy.
I had a tattoo that needed to be removed immediately but i was worried about any side effects of the treatment as it is hard to find good doctors that can do their job without any mistakes. I am not wrong in saying that dr kanu is one of those good doctors that will do their jpob with the utmost professional expertise.
I started having acne since I turned 21 and being a working woman I had not much time to go to doctors a lot so I found dr kanu over the Internet and fixed an appointment. The treatment she has provided has almost reduced acne to zero and my skin is normal.
Dr kanu really helped me to improve my hair quality. My hair has been really weak and also had split ends, I had tried many cosmetic items such as shampoos and other items but they were useless. She on the other hand provided extremely good treatment.
Dr Kanu Verma is a brilliant doctor, I have had excessive hair growth since I was a teen. She removed the hair with the cosmetic process and I have no side effects. It is brilliant that the technology that she uses is so effective.
Being a girl my worst fear is pimples as they come every now and then. I had tried a lot of cosmetics products and all but they are short term effective but the treatment at Dr. vermas clinic has proved very good and useful.
My treatment is still going on.. But m very satisfied with the results....she handled my case in a very pre planned way... And thus m getting the results.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sunita Verma to be knowledgeable, caring, very helpful and nurturing. Thank you doctor the pain has gone away
Feeling very good and satisfied after the first treatment...very kind humble..doctor..(Kanu Verma)
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Sunita Verma to be knowledgeable. thank u doctor...
It was amazing. She indeed does give a personal touch while checking the patient.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Kanu Verma to be very helpful. Good
Dr. Kanu Verma provides answers that are very helpful.
She's understanding and very polite
She's understanding and very polite
Very good and experienced doctor
It's nice to meet with Dr. Kanu
Very well experienced doctor.
The amount of emotional upheaval that periods, or no periods (for that matter) can cause, is something that every woman is aware of. It's normal to miss your period for different reasons occasionally, but it is a matter of concern if this absence persists over a period of time. The condition is then termed as a case of secondary amenorrhea. Although most people are quick to consider pregnancywhile dealing with the various reasons for missed periods, there are a number of possibilities which are seldom mulled over, but should be considered in order to take effective precautions and seek proper medical care:
- Weight: Body weight is responsible for affecting hypothalamus and this may, in turn, upset your menstrual cycle. BMI level under 18-19 may result in triggering irregularities since enough estrogen will not be created. This is also why underweight women, who suffer from bulimia or anorexia, tend to miss their periods frequently. On the other hand, overweight women may stop ovulating due to increase in the production of estrogen and therefore, have heavy, infrequent periods. Therefore, it is essential that body weight be regulated to avoid any disappointment at 'the time of the month.'
- Stress: Any type of physical or emotional stress is bound to affect your cycle. This is because, the production of stress hormones in the body increases and an elevated level of adrenaline and cortisol may impair the functioning of the reproductive system. Under stressful situations, the body employs its amino acids to assist the neurotransmitters to produce stress hormones over sex hormones. As a consequence, the chances of missing your periods increase.
- Exercising Too Much: While regular workout is indispensable for battling a sedentary lifestyle, overdoing it might cause your body to produce lesser estrogen and delay your periods. Women, who are into athletics and gymnastics, are more likely to suffer from amenorrhea. In fact, other aspects of over-exercising, like sleeping less, fasting, and infections also contribute to such irregularities.
- Breastfeeding: Prolactin is the hormone that aids in milk production and may also repress ovulation for a while. Many breastfeeding moms may not get their periods for a month or more as a result. But this doesn't do away with your chances of getting pregnant. A span of three months is expected to pass before the abnormalities are done away with.
- Food Allergies: Celiac disease or untreated gluten allergy can directly harm hormone production. They are directly related to your gut health and your adrenal glands which is why they can influence the sex hormone creation.
Sir I have a unwanted body hair on my back. Can you please suggest me any cream or lotion which can reduce my hair growth or permanently reduce.
Sir I am suffering acne problem from past 2 years but no better result will come and my face were damage please give me solution.
I am Ayan khan I am 18 years old sir I am suffering from neck tuberculosis from 5 months and I am suffering from huge hair loss my question is does tuberculosis or tuberculosis medicine cause hair loss. Plzz sir tell me am very scared.
Tuberculosis can affect any part of the body, however, it primarily enters the body through the respiratory tract by inhaling bacteria emitted by a Lung TB affected person. Only those who suffer from lung TB can infect others. It is a disease that is caused by bacteria known as Mycobacterium Tuberculosis. Tuberculosis spreads through the air and is a highly contagious disease that can be transmitted through coughing, sneezing and spitting. The symptoms of this condition include coughing, blood discharge while coughing, fever, extreme weight loss, and chills. Against general myths, this disease can be treated and is curable too. Effective, timely diagnosis and treatment with the correct methods and medication are required. Let us find out the various means for effective treatment of tuberculosis.
Diagnosis: Let us first look at the diagnosis method that will help in detecting the presence of the bacteria in the body. The doctor will take a blood sample and conduct a series of lab tests in order to diagnose the condition. Also, the doctor will check the medical history of the patient so as to understand what kind of complications the person may be prone to. For this, the doctor will also find out if the patient is suffering from diseases like diabetes, malnutrition and other conditions arising out of tobacco abuse. Diagnosis of Pulmonary TB is by sputum for AFB examination and some blood test may also be required.
Medication: Usually, the best way to treat this condition is with the help of a six-month long course of antibiotics that may also last 12 months, depending on the prognosis. The patient will be put in quarantine as well so that he or she does not end up spreading this disease to anyone else. A voluntary medical practitioner or trained health worker will help in caregiving and medicine administration under the instructions of the doctor. The medication will usually consist of four antimicrobial drugs or antibiotics, which will stop the release of nutrition and oxygen to the bacteria so that it cannot develop and grow. This will also ensure that the bacteria is killed eventually.
Control of Infection: The spread of the infection is such that a single sneeze or cough can infect up to ten to fifteen people who are near the patient without proper masks and other gear to prevent the transmission. Therefore, it is the job of the hospital to ensure that proper infection control takes place by using ultraviolet light to sterilize the air around the area where the TB patients have been admitted.
One thing that the patient must remember about the treatment is that immediate and timely treatment with medication must be taken so that the patient is able to get cured. If the patient skips medicines or does not get treated on time, then the infection will come back again and again. And after a point, the patient's body and the bacteria will not be able to react to the medicines.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
You are most likely to experience dry skin during winter because of the cold temperature, lack of sunlight and dry environment. The lack of moisture causes your skin to dry up, giving it a cracked, flaky and scaly texture. This season demands a careful skin care regimen, and here are some tips on how you can take care of your skin during the winters.
- Consult a specialist: You should visit a dermatologist for an analysis of your skin type. Based on this, your dermatologist will recommend a skin care regimen to be followed during the dry months. Using the prescribed skin care products will benefit your skin and prevent it from getting dry. Both high-priced and low-priced skin care products are effective in protecting your skin.
- Moisturise your skin: Your skin care routine and use of moisturisers have to change during the winter. You need to get a new moisturiser instead of the one you use during other seasons. You need an oil-based moisturiser instead of a water-based one. The oil will help in creating a protective layer on your skin surface, which helps in retaining moisture. You can use night creams which are mostly oil based. For your face, you need to apply moisturisers that contain non-clogging oils. This includes mineral oil, avocado oil, almond oil, or primrose oil. Lotions which contain humectants are also effective for winter skin care. You need to use foot lotions to avoid cracking of your feet and heels. Use lotions containing petroleum jelly and glycerine. You should undergo skin exfoliation to eliminate the dead skin from time to time. This will make the moisturisers and lotions to go deeper and be more effective.
- Apply sunscreen: Sunscreen is not just for the summer season. The winter sun can cause damage to your skin as well. Hence, you should apply sunscreen on your face and hands before going out on a winter day. If you need to stay outside for a long time, you must reapply the sunscreen.
- Wear gloves: The skin on the hands is thinner than other parts of the body and contains less oil glands. This implies that it is hard to keep your hands moist during the cold winter season. This might cause cracking and itchiness. To prevent this, wear gloves while venturing outside. In case you need to wear woolen gloves, wear cotton gloves first for avoiding any kind of irritation caused by the wool.
- Avoid wet gloves and socks: Wearing wet gloves and socks irritates the skin and leads to itching, sores, cracking, and may also lead to eczema. Keep your gloves and socks dry.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Hi Dr. My son is suffering from Atopic Dermatitis for the last 4 years and if he discontinues taking Allegra and april for a single day the itching starts. Please suggest me how can this illness end. Regards
Pneumonia is a type of lung infection that may affect one or both lungs. In this condition the air sacs, also known as alveoli, fill with pus or fluid, which makes it difficult to breathe. Moreover, pneumonia is known to cause inflammation in the air sacs. This disease may range from mild to life threatening and the severity depends on cause of inflammation, the organism fostering your infection, your age and general health.
Most common symptoms associated with the condition are:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty in breathing
- Shaking chills
- Rapid heartbeat
- Rapid breathing
- Dry cough
- Muscle aches
- Bluish skin tone due to oxygen deficiency
- Blood in sputum that is coughed up mucus
- Labored breathing
- High fever
- Bacteria: One of the most common causes of pneumonia is the bacteria named as Streptococcus pneumoniae. This type of pneumonia may occur after you have had flu or a cold or maybe even on its own. Moreover, it may affect only one part of the lung i.e. the lobe and is also known as lobar pneumonia.
- Viruses: Viruses are one of the main reasons why children below 5 years of age suffer from pneumonia. Viruses that cause pneumonia may also cause cold or flu. Viral pneumonia is usually mild and may be treated at home itself. However, in some cases, it may be very severe and life-threatening.
- Mycoplasmas: Mycoplasma is a type of bacteria that doesn't have a cell wall around the cell membrane which is why they are usually unaffected by most antibiotics which target cell wall synthesis. The symptoms of pneumonia caused by mycoplasmas are mild and the patient does not require bed rest. This type of pneumonia is known as 'Walking Pneumonia'.
- Fungi: People with weakened immune systems or chronic health problems usually develop pneumonia due to fungi. You may also develop fungal pneumonia by inhaling large doses of it mainly found in soil or bird droppings.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Laser treatment is used for a variety of medical and cosmetic purposes. There are a number of hair and skin treatment methods that are conducted with the help of lasers. Most of the skin treatments using laser technology, are laser resurfacing for younger looking skin, employ light and sporadic bursts of beams. These beams are trained onto the skin of the patient to be absorbed by the chromophores, which contain water and other substances of the skin. This chromophore then turns this light energy into heat energy to destroy thin layers for the skin to heal and look younger. Many people have a misconception that this process may cause the skin to become extremely thin and fragile.
Yet, this is not true. Let us find out about the various kinds of laser methods and why they do not make the skin thin.
- Fractional laser skin resurfacing: This treatment method makes use of laser pulses in order to treat microscopic columns of the affected skin, which does not leave any visible scarring and bleeding. This kind of laser works only on the surface of the skin and does not cause any harm to the skin composition. In fact, it improves the skin quality by treating the skin which is damaged.
- Plasma skin resurfacing: In this laser treatment, the doctors will make use of lasers that let out plasma energy which destroys the lower layers of the skin. In this method, the top layers of the skin will not really be affected. The top layer forms a protective covering over the lowers layer as the latter heals. This ensures that the lasers do not cause any kind of thinning of the skin in the long run, as they penetrate just deep enough to fix the damage of the lower skin layer, without destroying the top layer of the skin.
- Infrared skin resurfacing: This kind of treatment involves the use of heat invoking laser beams that treat the deep layers of the skin. These kinds of laser beams do not affect the actual composition of the skin and its cells. This helps in retaining the quality of the skin without making it thin.
- Superficial erbium: Mild laser beams are employed in this form of treatment in order to smoothen the oncoming wrinkles. This kind of treatment also helps in treating other kinds of skin problems. These beams help in smoothening and tightening the skin without making it thin.
- Effect on skin: These kinds of lasers do not cause the skin to become thin because the pulses of energy and heat are merely passed over the skin instead of piercing through and changing the skin composition. Also, the skin is usually wiped with water between the laser pulses, which makes this a safe option. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!