Doctors in Harleys Cosmetic & Women Clinic
Patient Review Highlights
She never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal with great ease handled my wife's serious case with ease. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of delay periodsIt was an amazing experience as everyone in the HarleyStreet clinic is so nice. Finally with hertreatment, I am completely cured from the disease.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. sir mai 2 month 20 din se pragant hu or mujhe gada pani aata h to m kya samju ki mere bachhe ko koi nuksaan h kya m kisi achhe dr. ko dikhau ya kuch gharelu treetment kru isse mujhe kya aane wale dino m koi dikkat aayegi ya normal h...pls
Dr Shilpa Bansal Agarwal is quite knowledgeable gynaecologist. She gave me a fertile period treatment which benefitted me to a great extent. I owe her a big thank for for the fertile period treatment she gave.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful, professional, caring, sensible and helped me improve my health. Thanks doc,your ans is so helpful
I took help in my process of abortion from Dr Shilpa Bansal Agrawal at Harleys Women Clinic in Mumbai. She helped me with very knowledgeable answers and was always ready to help
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Thq madm
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Best
Thanks for the advice.
PCOD or polycystic Ovary Disorder is one of the most common disorders of hormones among women in the age of reproduction. It is yet not discovered why some women become susceptible to this disease and it is believed to be a genetic disorder. The word “polycystic” refers to multiple cysts and a woman suffering from PCOD has multiple cysts in her ovary. This is due to the imbalance of hormones, which don’t allow the ovary to release eggs every month and these numerous unreleased eggs present in the ovary cause it to become polycystic.
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
The regular release of eggs from the ovaries directs a woman’s fertility and allows her to have a normal menstrual cycle. Therefore, women with PCOD face difficulty in conceiving along with irregular, low and absent periods. Some of the most common symptoms of PCOD include infertility and even miscarriage, elevated insulin levels, high blood pressure, diabetes, acne, unhealthy weight gain and obesity. It also leads to loss of hair from the scalp and excessive growth of hair on the body. This is due to over production of male hormones that lead to male pattern of growth of hair, such as on chest, cheek, chin and inner thighs. The hormonal imbalance leads to weight gain and obesity makes the hormonal imbalance even worse, turning it into a vicious cycle.
How is PCOD diagnosed and treated?
Your gynaecologist would be able to determine whether you have PCOD by checking your symptoms. Then she would recommend you to do a few blood tests along with a pelvic ultrasound scan to confirm whether you have PCOD. Though this disease is not reversible, its symptoms may be reduced or minimised. Most women can lead a trouble-free and healthy life if they take proper precautions at the right time.
It has been pointed in several studies that reduction in weight can help in the improvement of most PCOD symptoms because fat contributes to the production of certain hormones. Your doctor will prepare a treatment plan depending on the aspect from which you are suffering. For instance, if you are suffering from irregular periods, your doctor may prescribe you some contraceptives which can help in restoring normal menstrual cycle. But this treatment is definitely unsuitable for those who are trying to conceive. The infrequent and irregular ovulation can make it difficult to conceive and it can be artificially induced with the aid of medications. So, you must consult a gynaecologist to help your situation.
A healthy and flawless looking skin is probably a dream of every woman, whether you admit it or not. Keeping in mind this very need, cosmetic skin treatment options have come into popularity. When it comes to revitalizing the skin, lightening up the tone or removing the spots, non-surgical skin treatment options like skin brightening and rejuvenation can greatly help if you look forward to tha perfect skin.
What is skin brightening?
Skin brightening refers to the process of restoring the vibrancy to the skin. Cosmetic products that come with ingredients like vitamin C, alpha & beta hydroxy acids, and retinol are considered to be great skin brightening formulas. It is by consulting with a cosmetic physician that one can opt for ideal skin brightening products which will not only provide a flawless skin but keeps the skin healthy as well.
What is skin rejuvenation?
Skin rejuvenation is a cosmetic procedure that helps to erase or remove the irregularities on the skin of the face or the body. Whether it's textural irregularities like acne scars and wrinkles or changes in the skin pigmentation like freckles or simply sun spots, skin rejuvenation technique ensures excellent results. In simpler words, it refers to skincare treatments such as skin resurfacing or cosmetic products for making the skin look better. Chemical peels, laser therapy, and microdermabrasion are some of the ways of accomplishing skin rejuvenation. Sclerotherapy and dermal fillers, too, help in achieving skin rejuvenation.
Are there any side-effects and downtime?
There are no severe side-effects to these treatments. However, depending upon the sensitivity of the skin, some people may feel slight discomfort. Swelling or redness can sometimes be some minor side effects of these cosmetic skin treatment which usually vanishes within a few hours.
And when it comes to opting for skin treatments like skin rejuvenation or skin brightening, the biggest advantage is that they involve no downtime at all and resume normal day-to-day activities instantly.
Is there any special care required?
Except avoiding direct sun exposure for about a month prior opting for skin rejuvenation, there’s son such special care that needs to be practiced. And for skin brightening, depending on the creams or other cosmetic products one chooses, the cosmetic physician can suggest necessary care tips, if there’s any.
When to expect the results?
It takes two to four-week maximum to witness the changes and seeing one’s skin becoming flawless as a result of having skin brightening and skin rejuvenation treatments. A clear, even, and smooth skin enhances one’s appearance in ways that applying tons of make-up often can’t. And with cosmetic treatment options like skin rejuvenation and skin brightening, getting a flawless looking skin has become easier than ever. However, consulting with a cosmetic physician is a must before deciding upon anything, as they know exactly what’s best for one’s skin.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I have so many scars on my face from acne and I also have dark spot on my face. How can I remove these scars. please help me!
I'm using branded hair colors like garner, Godrej etc from past 16 years. My question is, does hair color affects facial skin or causes pigmentation, hyperpigmentation? Sanjay.
My skin tone is dark. Anyone suggested that betnovate n+Melaz cream. Mix and apply night. And after result very good. But side effects so I stopped now having a pimples, whiteheads, many pores. And facial hair. Oily skin. What I do for my face. Help me plz.
Since ages, dark circles have always been a serious concern of people, especially women, when it comes to sporting a flawless skin. The darkened circles developed right below the eyes have the power to ruin your appearance, if not taken care of properly. With laser resurfacing technique coming into use, it is now possible to say goodbye to the time-consuming daily application of makeups to hide the dark circles.
Dark circles refer to the dark blemishes which are formed particularly around the eyes. From hereditary to nutritional deficiency, excessive sun exposure, stress, and liver diseases, the reason behind the half-moon shaped skin darkening can be various. Sometimes, even certain medications, anemia and aging are considered to cause dark circles.
What is laser resurfacing?
Laser resurfacing is a cosmetic treatment which is performed to reduce skin irregularities, facial wrinkles, acne scars and other skin blemishes. In this technique, laser beams or short concentrated and direct pulsating light beams are passed over the skin surface, which precisely and gently paints away unwanted cells. This technique works on a single layer at a time. This procedure is clinically proven to lighten the dark skin tones while inducing fresh collagen formation in the skin cells, which makes it an ideal non-surgical cosmetic procedure that works wonder in removing dark circles.
Benefits it has to offer
One of the major benefits of this procedure is that it provides refreshed and tighter skin with a youthful glow and reduced blemishes in the shortest of time. Along with making the dark circles fade away, laser resurfacing also helps in reducing wrinkles, acne scars, while improving the sun damaged and aged skin.
- Possible side effects: There are minimal to no risks of any side effects is involved in the removal of dark circles by laser resurfacing. Though major complications are very much unusual, still, minor bruising or skin discoloration may be there which becomes minimal, when performed by a skilled cosmetic physician.
- Ideal candidates and recovery time: Anyone who wishes to get rid of the annoying and distressing under eye dark circles can opt for this cosmetic procedure of laser resurfacing. Being a non-surgical and usually a one-time procedure, it requires maximum a week for getting back to normal life.
However, one needs to remember that the type of this very treatment may vary depending on the color and pigmentation of one's skin, the volume level in the cheek and eye eras, and the cause of dark circles. CO2 lasers, Erbium laser, and Fraxel laser are some of the types available. Therefore, it's important to consult with your cosmetic physician to know about the most appropriate and ideal dark circle treatment for your case to obtain the best results.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
A breast examination is a way of detecting early changes that may find lumps of other growth in the breast. This is a manual form of examination that may be carried out by the doctor or even by the patient. This kind of examination helps in detecting the onset of breast cancer and helps in successful treatment of the same. It is an essential screening strategy that all women must go through. Let us cast a glance on the various details regarding this examination, and also how frequently it must be conducted.
- Age: Women who have reached the age of 18 are said to have matured physically and sexually. They should perform this examination once they have reached the said age in order to detect any anomalies in the way the physical changes occur in the breast tissue.
- Procedure: One should begin by looking at one's reflection in the mirror to find any rashes or dimpling in the breasts. The shape, size and colour of the breasts and nipples must also be studied so as to check for any anomalies. Inverted nipples, redness and soreness must also be reported to the doctor. Once you are done checking the visuals, you can raise your arms and look for any changes. Then, you will need to lie down and feel your breasts by using a circular motion. The finger pads must be used in order to check for any lumps. One must start from the centre and move the breasts sideways. Any wet and slippery feeling must be reported to the doctor immediately.
- Pressure: During the breast examination, you must use light pressure for the skin and tissue that lie beneath the breasts, while medium to moderate pressure should be used for the middle portion of the breasts. One must use a firm hand to check the tissue that lies at the back of the breasts, near the rib cage.
- Frequency: One must get into the habit of conducting a breast examination at least once a fortnight or once a month, without fail. You can also go to the gynaecologist for an examination in case you are not confident of conducting it on your own with proper movements and accuracy. You may also journalise your breast examination findings.
- Menstrual Cycles: When you are going through your menstrual cycle or period, it is important to remember that your breasts can become tender just before or after the start of the cycle. So, do not panic if you think you have found a lump or any other growth at this time. It is best to check again after a week and then visit the doctor about checking the same. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Gynaecologist.
During the natural course of events, a women's body starts its reproductive phase with menarche and at about 50 years of age, attains menopause. This is when the reproductive function ceases and the ovaries stop producing the hormone estrogen and progesterone. In some cases, for various reasons including medical, the ovaries stop functioning earlier, and this is medically termed early or premature menopause. Menopause that occurs before 40 years of age is termed premature menopause; it is due to primary ovarian insufficiency and occurs in 1% of the women. If it occurs between 45 to 50 years, it is termed early menopause.
Effects: Estrogen and progesterone have a lot of beneficial effects on a women's body. Reduction in their levels leads to some of the below changes:
- Emotional changes like mood swings, irritability, and in some cases depression, especially in premature menopause.
- Irregular cycles before complete cessation of the menstrual cycles.
- General mucosal dryness leading to vaginal dryness, dry skin, dry eyes.
- There also would be urinary incontinence and reduced sex drive due to reduced hormone levels.
- For women who still would want to have children, infertility would be a big cause for concern. This could lead to other emotional issues, worsening the depression.
- Osteoporosis - Bones lose their density and get weak and are more prone to fracture.
- Cardiovascular health - Post menopause, women are more prone to heart attacks and stroke. Though not fully proven, this is believed to be true as the good role that estrogen plays on blood vessels is negated with menopause.
- Accelerated ageing - Menopause leads to accelerated damage of genetic structures, thereby leading to faster ageing. This also leaves a feeling in the women of being less attractive and less desirable.
There is also a good news, that after menopause women are at lesser risk of cancer - especially breast and ovarian.
It is not easy for women to handle premature menopause. The body undergoes some changes much earlier than expected, and it requires a lot of support and caring and comforting to come to terms with it - especially if associated with infertility or chemotherapy for cancer. Emotional issues of not being able to have children and feeling less attractive require frank talks to boost the person's confidence and increase self-worthiness.
It is easier said than done, but one of the key ways to handle premature menopause is an open discussion. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.