Clary sage oil is an extremely popular oil and is widely used for its medicinal qualities. It can provide you with a lot of different benefits that are related to both, your body and your mental health. It is a great natural remedy for ailments like depression, stress, and insomnia and keeps you feeling calm and joyful. It is extremely beneficial to women as it has hormone balancing properties and helps with regulating the menstrual cycle and also with the pain of menstruation (cramps). It increases the circulation of your blood and can also help with reducing your overall blood pressure. It kills of different kinds of bacteria and can prevent you from getting any infections from them. It helps fight off leukemia and also lowers your cholesterol levels. Clary sage oil is also known for aiding digestion and when applied topically, it is also great for your hair and skin. These range of health benefits make this a great oil to have in your home.
Clary Sage Oil has been used mainly due to its medicinal purposes for ages. Extracted from the clary sage plant, this oil imbibes all the nutrients of the plant, as well as its gentle, subtle smell. It is included in the list of top essential oils for hormones, which makes this essential oil extremely beneficial for women in particular as it plays a direct role in affecting the menstrual cycle. Clary sage essential oil has many benefits ranging from healthcare to cosmetics and is widely used all over the world.
Clary sage essential oil has many vital nutrients in it. The main components of the oil include Sclareol, geraniol, alpha terpineol, caryophyllene, neryl acetate, linalyl acetate, linalool, and germacrene-D. It is also rich in esters and has about a 72% concentration of it.
As an essential hormone oil, Clary Sage Oil is widely used due to the way it positively affects the menstrual cycle. To start with, if you have irregular periods, this oil can work wonders for you. It balances out your hormones and also stimulates obstructed systems to open up so that menstruation occurs regularly. It also helps with the symptoms of PMS and can greatly reduce bloating, food cravings, cramps, and even mood swings. Clary Sage oil is also an antispasmodic. This means that it provides relief from muscle cramps and spasms anywhere in the body and this can be of great use during your period. Moreover, studies have also shown the positive effects of this oil on women in labor. When added to a diffuser and used as a part of aromatherapy, this oil helps with reducing the pain of labor, decreasing overall stress, and helping women deal with maternal fears. Similarly, it can be used as aromatherapy in order to decrease menstrual pain.
Clary sage oil can help balance your hormones. This is mainly because it has natural phytoestrogens, also called dietary estrogens, in them. These are not found within your endocrine system and as the name suggests, they are derived from plants and cause estrogenic effects. By regulating the levels of estrogen in the body, it helps by optimizing the way the uterus functions and reducing the risk of developing uterine or ovarian cancer. While having excess estrogen in the body may not sound like a bad thing, it leads to a host of problems such as polycystic ovaries, infertility, and even estrogen based cancers. This is why it is so important to be able to balance out the estrogen in your body. Furthermore, Clary sage oil also reduces the cortisol levels in your body and even affects the thyroid levels in women going through menopause.
Clary sage oil is also a great cure for insomnia. This is because it is a natural sedative and induces an extremely peaceful and calm feeling that eventually helps you fall asleep. Sleeping well is extremely important as the lack of proper sleep ultimately affects your body functions and also takes a toll on your mind, leading to issues with focus, concentration, memory, and even cognition. Insomnia is usually caused by two main things – stress and hormonal changes. Clary sage oil can be used in both cases as it helps you calm down and also balances your hormones naturally, helping you overcome any insomnia you’re feeling.
Clary sage oil stimulates blood circulation as it opens up narrow vessels, allowing the blood to flow more efficiently. As a result, it is also a great thing to use to lower your blood pressure. Women who suffer from urinary incontinence can also benefit from this oil as it lowers the blood pressure for them as well and also induces relaxation.
Clary sage oil has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties, which help in lowering the bad cholesterol in your body. This can protect your heart from a host of cardiovascular diseases. Another reason why it can help with your cholesterol is because it reduces stress and improves circulation and these factors contribute towards a healthier cardiovascular system.
Depression and anxiety can alienate people from everyone around them. They are serious mental disorders that must be paid attention to. Clary sage oil can help reduce them both. It is known as a great remedy for anxiety. This is because it can boost confidence and mental strength while also getting rid of feelings of failure and sadness. This is mainly because it has euphoric properties and help you feel at ease and joyful. It can be used as a great therapeutic agent for people who are suffering from depression.
Leukemia is perhaps one of the deadliest types of cancers. A study over Sclareol, which is one of the many chemical component that are found in Clary sage oil, was conducted. It was shown that this component can kill cell lines. This happens through a process that is known as apoptosis, which is programmed cell death. Apoptosis can help prevent the occurrence of cancer by effectively eliminating certain types of cells in the body and without proper apoptosis, there can be an unnatural growth of cells, which is what leads to cancer.
Clary sage oil is known to kill bacteria and infections. It has strong antibacterial properties that can prohibit bacteria from entering the body via food or water, and can also eliminate bacterial infections in the body, as well as fungal infections. It can, therefore, be applied directly onto wounds to prevent any infections from occurring.
Another advantage of using Clary Sage oil is that it is great for your skin. This is due to an ester that is present in the oil known as linalyl acetate. This ester can help reduce inflammation on the skin and is also good for rashes. It also regulates the amount of oil that’s produced on the skin, which is a good natural remedy for those with oily skin.
Clary sage oil is known for boosting the overall secretion of bile and gastric juices in the stomach. Due to this, digestion becomes a smoother and more efficient process as food is broken down more easily and passed along the digestive tract quickly. Thus, it can help with multiple symptoms that are related to indigestion such as abdominal discomfort, bloating, and cramping. It also improves the way the body absorbs nutrition from food, which also makes the digestive system better on the whole. It can regulate your bowel movements, help you get rid of constipation, and even heal ulcers in your stomach.
Due to its wide range of benefits, Clary sage oil has a ton of different uses that can all contribute to your lifestyle. 2-3 drops of clary sage oil can be added to a diffuser to create aromatherapy that helps reduce stress and depression. 3-5 drops of the oil should be added to warm bath water in order to get relief from joint pains as well as improve your mood on the whole. It is used to eye care as well and can be added to a wash cloth that is then pressed over the eyes for a while. It can be used to bring relief from cramps and menstrual pain. To do so, it should be diluted with a carrier oil like coconut oil and massaged on the abdomen to relieve the pain. It can be applied to the face and neck to improve your skin. It is used to relieve the symptoms of asthma. It can also be used to get better, healthier hair by massaging it onto the scalp along with rosemary oil. Lastly, it can be used for aromatherapy and can be blended with a variety of oils such as the oils of orange, lime, lemon, pine, juniper, lavender, sandal wood, jasmine, geranium, and frankincense.
Pregnant women should avoid using Clary sage oil during massages. The oil can lead to uterine contractions, which can be harmful for you and your baby. You should speak to your ophthalmologist before using the oil for eye care. You should not use this oil right after drinking alcohol. This is because it can lead to trouble sleeping or highly vivid dreams. Heavy dosage of this oil can also lead to side effects.
Clary sage oil is native to the countries in the Norther Mediterranean and can also be found in certain African and Asian countries. It is grown from May to September.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin
1. Frankincense oil – this ancient essential oil has numerous antioxidants that can improve skin elasticity, while also reducing the appearance of scars, stretch marks and blemishes. It can also stimulate the growth of new cells, speeding up the repair process for damaged or inflamed areas of skin.
2. Jojoba oil – with high levels of vitamin e, vitamin b, copper and zinc, this essential oil is excellent for moisturizing the skin and stimulating healing. Vitamin e is a common ingredient in many different products, and functions as an antioxidant, removing signs of aging, such as wrinkles, blemishes and age spots, while also forming a natural layer of oil that locks in moisture.
3. Tea tree oil – the antimicrobial and antibacterial nature of tea tree oil makes it an excellent essential oil for eliminating acne symptoms and improving the appearance of your body’s largest organ. A great deal of research has been done on the subject, and it shows that patient using tea tree oil have much lower occurrences of acne breakouts and the existing lesions from past acne breakouts can be notably reduced by using this powerful oil.
4. Ylang ylang oil – to stimulate the growth of new cells, applying ylang ylang oil to irritated or inflamed skin is a quick and effective remedy. This oil is also excellent for combating acne, given its antibacterial nature, which can eliminate the bacteria that causes overproduction of sebum.
5. Juniper oil – with an ability to detoxify the body and speed healing time for wounds and irritation, juniper oil is one of the best essential oils for your skin. Many people choose to apply juniper oil to bumps or uneven areas of their body, as well as patches of cellulite, as the active ingredients can clear out the toxins that cause those conditions.
6. Clary sage oil – acne may be caused by bacteria within the sebaceous glands, but it is also known as an inflammatory condition. As such, clary sage oil is an ideal remedy, given its high concentration of anti-inflammatory compounds, such as linalyl acetate. This essential oil can also control oil production, leaving your skin ph more balanced and giving a cleaner, healthier look.
￼7. lavender oil: this popular essential oil tackles the problem of acne in a few different ways. First of all, lavender oil is known to reduce stress, and there is a proven connection between stress levels and acne on the face. Furthermore, lavender oil is packed with antioxidants and antiseptic properties, so it can quickly neutralize the bactSweet basil oil – eria causing your acne symptoms, preventing the excess sebum production and addressing the problem at the root.
8. Rosehip seed oil: as a natural cleanser, few things are better than rosehip seed oil. Due to the high concentration of natural vitamin a, this oil can reduce the appearance of wrinkles, clear up blemishes and age spots, and stimulate collagen production and the growth of new cells. Furthermore, rosehip seed oil can tighten up the skin and improve elasticity, giving you a more youthful look.
9. Juniper berry oil – powerful antibacterial compounds found within this essential oil, namely alpha-pinene and beta-pinene, can quickly seek out and destroy the bacteria that is causing your acne symptoms. Known to eliminate skin infections very quickly, and reduce inflammation and redness, this oil should be on your shopping list if acne is a common issue you face.
10. Sandalwood oil – our skin is exposed to the natural elements and pollutants more than any other organ in the body, so the repair of skin cells is a constant process. Sandalwood oil can speed this process by stimulating the production of new cells, while also smoothing the surface of the skin and limiting signs of aging.
Essential oils for dry skin and skin tags
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.
1. Myrrh oil – when the skin dries out, it can become cracked or chapped, which can cause painful irritation and open you up to infection. Not only can myrrh oil protect you from any infections or pathogens that could enter the body through the skin, but it also helps to lock in moisture and prevent dehydration. It can also help to heal sun damage quickly, which can make your skin even drier.
2. Orange oil – this essential oil is a natural moisturizing agent, meaning that it can prevent the body from losing excess moisture, while also delivering rejuvenating antioxidants and organic acids deep into the skin layers, protecting cell integrity and making it harder for your flesh to dry out.
3. Grapeseed oil – high in antioxidants and capable of regulating the oil production of the skin, grapeseed oil is the perfect essential oil if you are constantly experiencing dry skin. By boosting the ability of the body to retain its moisture, while also providing a barrier to prevent excess moisture loss, this oil can keep your skin supple and soft, even as you age.
4. Neroli oil – with powerful antioxidant and circulation-stimulating properties, neroli oil is great for eliminating skin tags and preventing them from returning. The flow of blood to the top layers of the skin can eliminate toxins and result in the growth of new cells, which helps to even out lumps and tags.
5. Oregano oil – boasting strong antibacterial and antioxidant properties, oregano oil can help heal skin tags within a few weeks of use. It will stimulate blood flow and promote detoxification, which can often cause the flesh to even out, thus reducing the appearance of unsightly tags.
6. Sweet basil oil – with antiseptic, antimicrobial and antioxidant properties, sweet basil oil has been directly linked to the reduction of these tags. If you regularly apply this oil to the skin tags, they will eventually fall off, or flatten out and disappear.
There are many essential oils that have positive effects on your skin, including lavender, ylang ylang, juniper, chamomile, neroli, jojoba, frankincense, rosehip seed and juniper berry, essential oils, among others. Offering a huge range of antioxidant, anti-aging, astringent, moisturizing, antibacterial, anti-inflammatory and rejuvenating properties, each of these oils has a different composition of active ingredients, giving them a unique set of benefits for your skin!
List of best essential oils to stop acne and improve your skin:
Essential oil for dry skin and skin tags:
While many of the oils outlined above can help with skin health, the following are specifically recommended for dry skin and skin tags. Dry skin can be caused by a number of things, including irritating clothing, harsh soaps or conditioners, certain medications, and as a side effect of other medical conditions. Skin tags, on the other hand, are small, soft skin growths that usually occur on the groin, armpits, eyelids, beneath breast folds, neck and upper chest. These tags are caused by collagen and blood vessels bunching up beneath another piece of thicker skin. They usually occur in a person’s middle ages, but they can develop earlier, primarily where skin rubs against skin.
6 effective ways to manage period pain
Although menstrual cycles or monthly periods are a normal physiological process, they can sometimes be accompanied by pain and excessive cramping and can affect your quality of life. While the pain is usually tolerable and goes away in a day or two, it can be worse on some occasions. Here are some effective ways to handle period pain:
1. Use a heating pad
You can place a heating pad or a hot water bottle over your lower abdominal area to help in relieving pain. Heat is quite helpful in easing the cramping and reducing the intensity of pain.
2. Massage with essential oils
Massaging with certain aromatic essential oils is also an effective way to relieve menstrual cramps. These include lavender oil, eucalyptus oil, clary sage oil and marjoram oil. Massage your lower back and abdomen with these oils for best results. You can massage at around bedtime for a restful sleep and relief from cramping.
This might come as a surprise but exercise helps to release the pain relieving chemicals called endorphins. Experts suggest that women who exercise regularly often have less menstrual pain. To prevent cramps in the future, make exercise a part of your lifestyle.
4. Have herbal teas
Certain teas help in reducing the intensity of period pain and cramping. These include peppermint tea, cinnamon tea, ginger tea, chamomile tea and tulsi tea. You can add any of these teas during your periods for easing the pain and cramps.
5. Take a pain killer
You can take pain medications to relieve cramps. These include paracetamol, mefenamic acid and other analgesics. Paracetamol is an over the counter medicine but for others you will need a prescription from a doctor. It is best to take these medications as soon as bleeding or cramping starts. Painkillers can however cause side effects like acidity, gastritis and even stomach ulcers if taken too frequently.
6. Try pain relief patches
These are subcutaneous skin patches that can be applied directly over the skin. They are purely herbal and contain eucalyptus oil and menthol, both of which help in reducing cramping and relaxing the muscles. These patches release the ingredients in a controlled manner, thereby maintaining their levels in the blood stream throughout the day. This helps in ensuring long lasting action. They are easily available as over the counter medications. The advantages of these patches are that they are 100% herbal, are extremely easy to use and are free from side effects that can occur by popping painkillers on a regular basis.
So, go ahead and try these pain relieving therapies and enjoy pain free periods. Stay healthy, stay happy!