has two components:
1. Healthy balanced diet
Follow the following tips:-
· Pay close attention to your food choice.
· Eat less carbohydrate food sources like chapatti, rice
, noodles, pasta, bread etc as they help in gaining weight
and storing fat.
· While having lunch or dinner eat vegetables and dal to fill your stomach rather eating lots of chapattis or rice.
· Have a healthy breakfast like poha, idli, upma, plain dosa, oats
, dalia or khichdi with vegetables.
· Eat a balance diet including good quality proteins like: fish, lean chicken and eggs. If you are a vegetarian then include skimmed milk
, low fat paneer
, butter milk, soy bean
or soy milk
in your diet.
· Avoid ghee, butter or vanaspati. Prepare your diet with vegetable oil
, safflower soybean
or olive oil.
· Eat plenty of salads.
· Eat fresh fruits including apple
, sweet lime
, berries, guava, watermelon, mask melon etc.
· Avoid eating outside junk and fried foods like pizza, pasta, roll, burgers, cakes, chocolates and cookies.
· Have an early dinner. The earlier the better, giving your system more time to digest the food.
· Avoid cold drinks/alcohol as they add empty calories to your diet.
· Avoid fat enriched milk products like cheese, sweets, full fat cream etc.
· Drink 3 liters of water in a day.
· Try to have less sugar
in food and beverages.
· Try to drink 2 cups of green tea
in a day as green tea helps in weight loss by aiding digestion.
· Avoid red meat
like mutton, beef, lamb or pork.
· Eat sprouts
or roasted chana, whenever you feel hungry.
Exercise: Combination of cardio-vascular exercises and weight training can bring effective weight loss along with the diet. Running, jogging, cycling, swimming and dancing are some best forms of cardio-vascular exercises which burn fat instantly. Working out with dumbbells, push-ups, pull-ups, weight lifting are the exercises which help to tighten the loose muscles and shape your body.