Nosebleed (Epistaxis) Treatment
Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment for Constipation Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Scar Revision Surgery
Treatment Of Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Treatment of Rheumatic Complaints
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Learning Disorders
Treatment Of Childhood Diabetes
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Submit a review for Dr Priyaa Thakkar's Homeopathic ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priya Thakkar to be knowledgeable. Thank you madam
Dr. Priya Thakkar provides answers that are caring. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Priya Thakkar to be very helpful. Thanks
Acne vulgaris or pimples are a common skin condition, which occurs mainly due to the action of hormones on the oil glands in the skin. It's a skin problem that affects the teenagers the most. Although the problem starts early in the teens. However, it is not necessary, sometimes the problem surfaces only in the late teens. At times, acne gets better when one gets out of the teens but again, this is not the rule. In some cases, it may persist well into the third decade of life.
The draining ducts of the oil glands get blocked and hence they are not able to drain the oil secretion. The oil and cells inside the blocked gland form an environment for the growth of Propionibacterium acnes (the organism responsible for acne). Thus, it results in the formation of pimples or acne. Acne is not a serious health threat but it can cause scars. The most common spots for breakouts are the face, chest, shoulders, and back.
Types of Acne:
According to a study over 90% of teens get acne, likely due to an increase of hormones called androgens during puberty. Acne can appear in the form of:
- Seborrhea: A condition involving scaly red patches on the skin.
- Papules: Are small solid pimples that appear inflamed.
- Pustules: Contain fluid or pus.
- Nodules: Are large papules.
- Whiteheads and Blackheads: They are also known as Comedones and are caused by dead skin cells, oil, and dirt blocking pores.
- Cysts: Cysts are large lumps found beneath your skin that contain pus and are usually painful.
Thus to avoid all this, natural cure can be done by avoiding junk foods and increase the intake of water along with healthy foods like fish, whole grains, carrots and green vegetables.
Causes of Acne
The primary cause for the result of acne is a rise in androgen (Type of Hormone) levels. Androgen levels rise when a human becomes an adolescent. Or in other words, acne occurs when the pores on your skin become blocked with oil, dead skin or bacteria.
Homeopathy for Acne or Pimples
Homeopathic medicines are far superior in giving results when it comes to the treatment of acne. Homeopathy does not resort to the use of any quick fixes. The intention is to correct the underlying causes. This allows the things to settle down on their own and without the need for any strong medicines. It does take some time to get things in order, but once the results start coming, there is no looking back. The problem is cured once and for all. Here one may add that even the scars left on the face from old pimples can be cured easily with Homeopathic medicines for acne scars or pimple scars. I often get cases where the pimples or acne have left permanent scars on the face. There are a lot of homeopathic medicines that not only cure acne but provide exceptionally homeopathic treatment for acne scars. One can safely say that homeopathic treatment for acne or pimples is the best treatment for acne or pimples.
With Homeopathy, some of the possibly best medicines which when taken with correct dose, right potency, and a bit of patience can help a lot on the patient's part. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
Live an Acne free life with Homeopathy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Our bones are composed of calcium deposits, and with age, the amount of deposits gradually reduce, leading to porous bones called in medical terms as osteoporosis - osteo for bone and porosis for porous. As the bones grow porous, they are more brittle and prone for fracture. In severe conditions, a person's limb length can also be altered, leading to stooped and shortened stature.
Osteoporosis is more common in females, especially after menopause, as there is a strong hormonal connection to osteoporosis. An advice for females post 40 is to include calcium and vitamin d supplements, thereby delaying the onset and reducing the severity of this condition.
Once it does set in, there are various medications available; however, as with most allopathic medications, there are side-effects. Well-known as it is, homeopathy treats the individual and not just the disease. Listed below are some common treatments, which improve calcium and phosphorus metabolism, reduce bone loss, and improve bone mass.
- Calcarea carbonica - This works well in patients who have issues with calcium absorption, get tired easily, are anxious and stressed out easily. Cold often worsens the pain and there could be swelling of joints and neck and back pain. There is also a strong craving for sweets in these people.
- Calcarea phosphorica - This works very well in cases where the spine has been affected. Patients with softened spine and curved body benefit very well from this. This also can be used where there is associated anemia and increased bone pain due to cold weather. At an emotional level, people with general dissatisfaction and a strong desire to travel and wanting a change of situations can also benefit from this.
- Calcaria iod - In addition to bone loss, where there is muscular and fat deficiency, this supplement has been proven to work well.
- Silicea (silica) - Delicate people who are often very nervous and get tired easily and have a low resistance to infection get benefited from this medication. The spine is the most affected, and there might even be fractures and pus or fistula formation. It helps in healing broken bones and removing bone splinters. This works well in cases where calcium assimilation is affected by improving calcium assimilation.
- Symphytum - Popularly known as 'knit bone,' this medicine is believed to help unite fractured bones very effectively by promoting strong callous formation. Not just new fractures, this also helps in patients who have pain in old healed or partially healed fractures.
To conclude, there are many remedies that can help treat osteoporosis and its consequences, the above being the few popular ones. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Hi im 21 years old boy medical student I really need help this depression and tension is killing me mentally and physically i am not fit now a days coz of my long distance girlfriend behaviour It has been 1 years we are dating to each other 6 months was good but after that when I got to know they are some friends of her who flirt and she also do sometimes all friends are from facebook I have scolded her many times please respect me coz I never flirt with any girl also should not do she said i am sorry I will not do it again but after few month there is always a guy in her life used come and flirt with her which I found irritated all the time those are their friends from facebook who is very far from her hometown when I scold her she used to say do not need to interfere in my friend zone I know how to handel it you only say i am in long distance if her any friends flirt with her do you think I feel good no right when I try to stop that guy or block she is against me coz she tells friends are more important then you coz they came before now a days she never value my words no respect I can surely say she gets attracts easily coz she is just 17 years old girl of class 10 I feel insecure all they what she is doing with whom she talking how she is replying coz there no such guys male friends who flirt and she also react she can not say no coz she do not want to hurt them feelings and do not want to lose them I do not have value at all her behaviour hurts me alot she told me I changed her now a days im fed up by your listing your words I need a break or leave she used to say im so genuine to her and she is always against me she makes me down all the time what to do this comes to depression and tension all the always fight is there coz of their fb friends help me suggest me what to do distraction is going on my head can not study well and her tension makes me more insecure help me please.
I have blocked nose since 1.5 months after having a fever. The nasal block repeats till now and there is mucus when I spit too Please help.
My father age 75 years suffering from full body joint pain. severe pain in joints all over the body symptoms developed since last two weeks. He is psoriasis patient and taking medicines since last 10-15 years. Weight is loosing rapidly and now has only 52 kg. He was of 75 kgs before some years. He has difficulty in sitting, walking and moving. November mild ischemic brain stroke attack made me worry. I want to ask why he is suffering from body ache and why he is rapidly loosing his weight?
Hi. I am 39 year old female. For the past one month I am not able to get peaceful sleep at night. I wake up quite often and face it difficult to fall asleep again. Pls help me to overcome this problem as it started effecting my work.
I am suffering from slight imbalance in walking, difficult to open eyes,(or vertigo,) sweating, difficult to concentrate on discussion with some one, and no interest in talking if I know the subject also, if I stand for long time, or sit for long time, If I change position from sitting to walk or from walking or standing to sit or sleep all the symptoms will disappear appear. I am suffering from varicose veins and vitamin in b12 and vitamin d3 deficiency. Please advice the treatment.
I want to know dt I have dry scalp problems n hair roughness, when I take my hand to the head my nails got so much dandruff n dirty thing, lots of itching problem on head n hair fall with it. Some one says please get hair spa, it will reduce yur problem. Is it okay? Or should I go to the doctor.
Hi I have an issue related to my hair loss. Everyday lots of hair have fallen from my head and also weaken day by day and also my hair becomes white and also always itching going on my head. Please tell me how to cure from this.
Hi i Got a brain stoke and unable to talk properly. Before joining hospital the symptoms were vomiting and unconsciousness. As per doctor suggestions there's a minor blood clot in brain and no paralysis injection is given even though tongue is paralysed. Please provide some suggestions.
Dr. Mujhe puri body me n mainly pairon me bhut khujli hoti h jb bhi khujli hone pr mai khujlati hu to or jyada machti h aisa lagta h ki pairon pr hr jghe machhar kat rhe h or mai bhut preshan ho jaati hu talwon me bhi bhut khujli hoti h mn krta h ki iron k brush se khujlaun mere pairon me iss bjhe se kale spot bhi pad gae h pichhle 1 saal se sirf ankle ke neeche ki taraf hoti thhi bt 2-3 month se pure body me problem h mai bhut pareshan hu raat ko thhik se so bhi nhi pati hu. Mujhe thyroid h bt sugar nhi h meri samasya ka samadhan kijiye please Thanx.
Dear doctor I think that I have some mental disorder because I do the same things repeatedly in order to think that what will happen in future if I will not do the thing right now. Etc. So please help Thanks.
I want to glow n beautiful glamorous skin, but my skin is damage and pore ,oily bit of dark. Please suggestion me what I do. Lotion, cream, tablet etc.
My anus some times burns after passing stool. Burning remains when I sut on seat or bed colonoly done found healed unhealed ulcers. Also in ultra sound slight enlarged prostate is found. Also I have acute burning in my penis after ejaculation. So Dr. gave me antibiotic of 1000 mg he thought it could be std also and asked me to massage my prostate daily with finger. Now its been a month after completing the course both anus burning and penis burning started again. So please tell both the problems can be due to prostate?
Asthma is a condition characterized by wheezing and difficulty in breathing. Asthma is a common disease that affects children, teenagers and adults alike. Depending on what triggers an asthmatic attack, asthma can be categorized as four types. These are:
- Allergic asthma: This sort of asthma usually begins in childhood and is caused by the overproduction of immunoglobulins as a reaction to the allergen. This type of asthma can also be passed on from one generation to another through genes.
- Infective asthma: This is caused by viral bronchial or upper respiratory tract infections. It is not hereditary.
- Emotional asthma: Some cases of asthma can be triggered by psychological factors such as stress, grief or anxiety. However, it is not clear if this is the sole trigger for asthma.
- Occupational asthma: Exposure to metallic dusts, biological detergents, polyurethane, etc. can also trigger asthmatic attacks. This type of asthma is called occupational asthma.
A homeopath will not only determine the type of asthma, but will also delve into a detailed medical history of the patient before prescribing medication. Some forms of homeopathic medication that can be used to treat asthma are:
- Lpecac: This is used to treat asthma in cases where the difficulty breathing is accompanied by a feeling of heaviness over the chest, dyspnoea, constant coughing with no expectoration and cold perspiration. It is often aggravated by motion.
- Arsenicum: Asthmatic attacks that begin in the middle of the night and are accompanied by restlessness and anguish can be treated with arsenicum. This is especially beneficial in cases of chronic asthma in elderly people and habitual dyspnoea.
- Nux vomica: This is used mainly to treat asthmatic attacks triggered by gastric troubles or be excessive intake of coffee and alcohol. A constricted feeling around the lower part of the chest is another symptom of this type of asthma.
- Kali bichromicum: Asthmatic attacks that wake a patient up in the wee hours of the morning compelling him to sit up, in order to be able to breathe can be treated with Kali bichromicum. A stringy yellow mucus expectoration is another symptom of this type of asthma. It can also be used as an effective form of treatment for asthmatic attacks caused by nervousness.
- Natrum sulphuricum: This is used to treat asthmatic attacks caused by a change in weather. In such cases, the asthmatic attack is accompanied by diarrhea and greenish expectoration. It is usually worst in the early mornings.