Acid Reflux or GERD Treatment
Allergic Rhinitis Treatment
Angina Pectoris Treatment
Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
Anorexia nervosa Treatment
Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Bed Wetting Treatment
Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Hair Loss and Premature Graying
Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)
Ischaemic Heart Disease
Major Depressive Illness
Oesophageal Hiatus Hernia
Sickle Cell Anemia
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Patient Review Highlights
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from gerd, but Jiva Ayurveda was able to handle it. Many people gave very positive feedback for this Jiva Ayurveda.they definitely are aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. The overall atmosphere in the Jiva Ayurveda - Mumbai Chembur is very soothing.
I am so thankful that Jiva Ayurveda has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. Someone from the office, referred us to go to Jiva Ayurveda. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Jiva Ayurveda in Chembur. Jiva Ayurveda has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. I feel strange that I am suffering from diabetes. Jiva Ayurveda has a very positive attitude towards all the patients.
Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Jiva Ayurveda. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able give me proper platelet rich plasma therapy. they gave me the therapy and after that I have been better now. All the staff members were very helpful. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time.
I was diagnosed with ankylosing Spondylitis after the birth of my second child. Due to long sitting hours at office my pain increased day by day. Even after going to so many doctors all over India, no doctor could improve my condition. I gave myself a last chance and tried Jiva Ayurveda’s ayurvedic treatment. I am so happy that I chose this them for my treatment as now I am better. My health is better.
I was suffering from male sexual problems for such a long time. A friend of mine referred to Dr Jiva . Finally with Dr Jiva's treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. They have a good teams of ayurvedic doctors , I had a great experinece in the clinic. The waiting area in the Jiva Ayurveda is very comfortable for elderly patients. I am quite impressed with teh way they treat their patients.
I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Jiva Ayurveda is the reason. My case was extremely serious, but they really handled it very nicely. Everything was just spick and span in there. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but THEY did it immediately and started the kshar sutra treatment for it.
I remember, I read an article of Jiva Ayurveda in the paper and made contact. The erectile dysfunction treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Jiva Ayurveda has a great staff which helped me immensly in the treatment. They have a great knowledge about ayurveda and the traetment which they provided were extremely beneficial for me.
Due to taking a lot of allopathic medicines because of my problems I developed the problem of acid reflux.I was very disturbed by the problem and pains. I chose to take an ayurvedic treatment for the same. I went to Jiva Ayurveda in Mumbai for my treatment and they gave me the best treatment possible. Thanks to the amazing doctors there.
Jiva Ayurveda is is very well designed ayurveda clinic. It has an excellent team of doctors . I visited this clicni few months back for my hairfall issue. I must say that the doctors I met were very knowledgeable and the treatment they gave was very beneficial. I am happy that I chose this clinic for my hairfall treatment.
Many people gave very positive feedback for Jiva Ayurveda. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to their perfect advice. With great ease they explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. Hygiene is very important, and I must it was extremely clean. i went there for weight managment treatment.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my lithotripsy. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I went to Jiva Ayurveda and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. I am so thankful that Jiva Ayurveda has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Jiva Ayurveda has treated my completely. Due to my hair loss my daily activities were suffering. The clinic has a knowledgeable and experienced staff. I am happy that I chose them for my hairloss treatment.
He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to do my laser hair removal properly. My boss referred me this Jiva Ayurveda. The overall atmosphere in the Jiva Ayurveda - Mumbai Mira Road is very soothing.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of spondylitis. One of my friend referred Jiva ayurveda . THey have perfect team of doctors, their advices and prescription has helped me immensly. I have noticed considerable changes in myself . I appreciate the way they treated me.
His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel any issue and call him, and they at Jiva Ayurveda still takes my call in case of any emergency. they did my weight management counseling,
Dr Jiva ahs a broad knowledge in the field of Ayurveda. I consulted him as i was suffering from thyroid. His treatment suited me the best. Though it took time for the recovery but I am perfectly fine now. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.
Jiva Ayurveda is a famous clinic in Mumbai. I went there for my flu treatment. I am glad that I visited the clinic because it has all facilities a patient requires. The team of doctors is quite knowledgeable and experienced.
Very happy with treatment of arthritis by Jiva Ayurveda in mumbai and fully satisfied in first 8 days itself. Got results considering the age of patient and from effectivity point of view.
she listened to my mother problem very patiently and answered very well. she also helped her understand the actual cause of the problem my mother is having.
Jiva Ayurveda is the best place to go for acne treatmentit is in Mumbai Chembur and has a great environment and also very healing.
I went to Jiva Ayurveda for my acne treatment in Mumbai Chembur. The doctors there are very nice and good service.
I found the answers provided by the Jiva Ayurveda to be very helpful. Thanks
We put our bodies through a lot of unhealthy practices, especially when it comes to food. It is true that most of us do not really take as good care of our bodies as we should be doing. For some people, the best way to cleanse the body is to make use of a pill or two, which are well advertised to do the trick. But is this really the best solution that is available? The answer is a resounding 'NO' since there are various ways in which the body can be cleansed naturally!
It is important to keep in mind that going to extreme when a body detox is required is pretty much the wrong way to go about things. This is because the body is likely to be thrown into instability and will react badly.
- Coffee and cigarettes are part and parcel of the daily life for most of us, but really need to be avoided when it comes to a detox. As a matter of fact, they are probably a major reason why a person needs a detox in the first place! Cigarettes should be refrained from even normally. If a person is craving for something to drink, then a cup of green tea is a good idea and the health benefits are quite a few as well.
- As part of a detox, if a person enjoys eating rice, it is very important to switch from white rice to the brown form. The fibre content of brown rice makes it a superior type of rice, among other aspects. Apart from this, an effort needs to be made in order to eat organic food. This is because there is not much of a point putting all the effort into a detox, if the food you eat is laced with chemicals.
- Hydration is also very important even under normal circumstances, but it can be said that it takes on a bigger role when a person is on a detox. So, it is pertinent that at least two quarts of it are drunk on a daily basis.
- A spa is the place to go to when it comes to a detox. In addition to a great massage, which can get the blood circulation flowing again, there is also use for the sauna as perspiration in this environment is great to get rid of body waste.
- When your body needs to be detoxified, choose from one of the many good ways and feel refreshed.
I am suffering from cold cough since 5-7 year, Dr. prescribed me to take levocetirizine and montelukast for 90 days because of my allergies, is it safe?
If you have a small male reproductive organ, which is affecting your love life and is a matter of embarrassment to you, you should opt for enlargement. Every man desires to have a strong and healthy penis, which is considered to be a symbol of manliness. A small penis causes you great distress in life and reduces your self esteem. Penis enlargement is carried out by men who are not satisfied with the size, width, or length of their penis. Ayurvedic treatment for penis enlargement is very effective and on following the measures properly, your penis size is bound to increase.
Here are the different Ayurvedic ways which can be applied for enlarging your penis naturally:
- Ayurvedic oils and creams: Use Ayurvedic oils and creams, which are especially made for penis enlargement. These ointments are purely natural and are made from Ayurvedic herbs. The creams have aphrodisiac properties, which increase the penis size and attend to other problems associated with proper erection. The oils and creams also strengthen the penis and cause a much harder erection. The ingredients used in Ayurvedic products act as stimulants and help in increasing the flow of blood into your penis. They also help with the management of premature ejaculation.
- Ayurvedic capsules: There are several Ayurvedic capsules you can take for the purpose of penis enlargement. These special capsules are made of processed Ayurvedic herbs. As these capsules consist of natural ingredients only, they are considered quite safe for consumption, even over a long term. The capsules help in increasing your blood circulation in the blood vessels and cavities of the penis. This causes your penis to stretch smoothly and relax. As a result, your penis size gets enlarged. The capsules also aid in increasing your sex drive or libido. You can achieve much bigger, harder and stronger erections during a sexual intercourse. The erections are likely to be long lasting as well.
- Exercises: There are some specific exercises, which help in penis enlargement. The most common and effective exercises associated with Ayurveda, which help in penis enlargement include Jelqing, stretching and many others.
You can also apply certain Ayurvedic home remedies for penis enlargement. For instance, have a mixture of walnut and honey with milk, and a mixture of carrot with milk, or carrot juice with honey. These Ayurvedic remedies for penis enlargement cause no harmful side effects on your body and are perfectly safe. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Folliculitis is a specialised type of acne, which is manifested with red rashes, dryness of the skin and inflammation on hair scalp. This is a common skin issue and can be treated very well with natural medicines. Ayurveda is one natural form of medicine, which is best used to treat such skin problems. The ingredients used in Ayurveda are all very natural, organic and fresh. This means that there are hardly any side effects in this form of treatment. If you want to cure your folliculitis, with naturally occurring home remedies, then Ayurveda is the line of treatment that can be chosen. Here are some tips to help you in recovering from this skin problem.
- Coconut Oil: Research shows that daily use of virgin coconut oil on the infected area can reduce irritation and inflammation. This needs to be applied once daily for better results. Coconut oil contains fats, which are not only good for consumption in the dishes, but also good for the skin. These fatty acids are absorbed by the skin and help in a speedy recovery.
- Neem: The extensive anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties of neem leaves are very well known all over the world. Fresh neem leaves can be made into a paste and directly applied over the infected area. Apart from providing a soothing sensation, it also removes all the dirt from the infected area, thereby cleaning it and giving it time to heal faster.
- Vinegar: Vinegar has a unique property of reducing rashes and redness that develops on the skin. For instance, apple cider vinegar can be mixed with two parts of water and directly applied to the infected area for about 10 minutes.
- Garlic: Eating garlic clove or garlic supplements every day helps in reducing inflammation. It is said that garlic contains sulphur and other supplements, which help in reducing the inflammation that folliculitis causes. Once the inflammation is reduced, the pain subsides to quite an extent. With less discomfort in the affected region, the infection heals faster.
- Aloe Vera: The juice of aloe vera, when applied onto the infected area, causes the burning sensation and itching to soothe. This soothing property of aloe vera makes it an important remedy. Once the skin is cool and clean, the infection heals faster.
These are some of the naturally occurring remedies to cure folliculitis faster and to provide immediate relief to those suffering from it.
Asthma is something which affects quite a large number of people. As a matter of fact, up to 20 percent of the population is affected by it. Isn’t it surprising that the ways to treat it are not so well known, taking into account how many people it affects? So, wouldn’t it be a great idea to learn more about it and learn to treat it in a pretty unique way?
When a person has asthma, the airways of the respiratory system become narrower than they usually are and this, in turn, leads to a shortage of breath. While many people would normally go to a conventional doctor in order to treat asthma, it may come as a rude shock to know that asthma is often triggered by reactions to conventional medicines such as non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, which are also known as NSAIDs. Things are not that straightforward, are they?
Ayurveda is a body of medicine which looks not at just patching up and fixing medical problems, but rather to maintain a high level of overall health. Considering this, it should not be much of a surprise to come to know that when it comes to the treatment of asthma, Ayurveda is not superficial like a lot of other methods of treatment. As a matter of fact, it not only looks at the respiratory system but also at the gastrointestinal system in order to provide a comprehensive solution for a patient who is affected by asthma.
According to Ayurveda, the body is divided into three doshas and in the case of asthma, it is the kappa dosha which is culpable. If the asthma is detected before too long, a fully effective treatment can be undertaken and the patient can be restored to his or her pre-asthma level. However, if there is a significant delay between the time that asthma sets in and its detection, only management is possible.
Foods which trigger asthma are to be avoided like the plague! Examples of these foods happen to be animal products and dairy products such as curd. In addition to this, bananas and sugary foods or sweets, including sugar, in itself, are to be avoided.
A paste of rock salt, mustard oil or clarified butter can help if it is rubbed on the chest. Medicines such as Sitopalaadi choorna are to be taken, with this specific medicine ingested with honey. Kapha kartari addresses the issues with the Kapha and with it, asthma should be on its way to becoming a minor problem pretty soon! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Way before any form of modern medicine came into existence, people fell sick and resorted to natural remedies to help them get better. So, it should not come as that much of a surprise that things which we give limited value have been prescribed for a very long time by various fields of medicine for their properties, take for example, cumin seeds. Would one normally make the link? Probably not, but then, why not discover a little more as to why this overlooked resource can have such a beneficial impact on the body?
Cumin seeds are often added to food for their aroma, but the fact of the matter is that there is a range of health benefits which they can have on a person. Take, for example, the potential of cumin seeds to help a person in his or her effort to lose weight. While a lot of people go ahead and buy tablets to help speed up their weight loss, cumin seeds represent such a simple and natural supplement! The way they help in the process of weight loss is by virtue of the essential oils which are contained in them. These oils help stimulate the salivary glands near the mouth and this goes a long way in helping in the digestion of the food that is eaten. When cumin seeds are combined with banana, it helps the body in maintaining reasonable energy levels and at the same time improves the quality and rate of digestion, two birds with one stone!
Also, it is not as if the cumin seeds have to be had with some other food item. As a matter of fact, if a person puts in the time to bring some water with a teaspoon of cumin seeds to boiling point and drinks this mix when it has cooled a few times a day. Stomach aches and other digestion related issues will not appear close to as much as normal.
The amazing part of cumin seeds is the fact that they go a long way in the effort to cut fat which has collected around the abdomen. This sort of fat is known to be very hard to get rid of and is widely reputed to be especially bad for health. Black cumin seeds can also help keep away cancer as they have a compound which helps slow the growth of tumours in the body.
For all these benefits, doesn’t it make some good sense to incorporate cumin seeds into one’s diet? If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Over the course of a person’s life, there are a range of health issues, which are likely to affect him/her, without a shadow of doubt. Taking this into account, would it not be good to know of a comprehensive way to go about their treatment? Ancient Ayurvedic knowledge can go a long way in treating a lot of issues, which are faced by a human body.
For example, Panchakarma, is derived from the Ayurvedic word for five and refers to five ways the body is treated so as to purify it from the toxics, which may be embedded in it. The best part about this form of treatment is that a person does not need to be sick in order to receive the treatment and be able to attest to its effectiveness. It can be done on both healthy and unhealthy people.
The art behind Panchakarma is more than 7,000 years old. So it can be said that something that has lasted for such a long period of time is likely to be far more effective and have no side effects than a wonder pill, which claims to cleanse the body in a jiffy!
When Ayurveda is depicted, more often than not, it is done so with pictures of people seeming really relaxed while receiving massages with oil. Considering that Snehana is so very popular, it may not come as a surprise that Ayurveda is depicted in this manner. But what is Snehana? It is the oleation of the body, both internally as well as externally.
Oiling the body internally may seem a little impossible to do, but since Ayurveda is so amazing, it is able to treat the body internally by making use of clarified butter, also known as ghee, which has been medicated to make sure that it has the biggest and best possible effect. As for the external treatment of the body, it is done by oil massages in the Abhayanga form. Multiple oils are made use of and they work together to get the body to move the toxins in the direction of the gastrointestinal tract, so that they can be expelled. But what impact does this have on the body? To start with, stress levels drop significantly, and the tissues just beneath the skin and deeper are revitalised and become supple again.
With these treatments and their dramatic effects, Ayurveda is truly appreciable! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Sir/madam My child is 11 months old. I have given him daily one boiled egg mixed with food. Is it OK for his health or not? please explain me.
A lot of everyday spices are used as Ayurvedic ingredients can cure many day to day health problems. Ayurveda is a natural form of medicine, which consists of natural and organic ingredients. Such medicines seldom cause any side effects and discomfort to the body. An interesting fact is that these medicines and ingredients are also readily available in your pantry or kitchen and help in administering Ayurvedic treatments. It is always advised that you have some of these natural ingredients stocked up in your pantry.
But the question remains what to stock up and why? Here are some of the must have spices in your pantry, which would provide immediate Ayurvedic relief to your body.
- Ajwain/ carom Seeds: Carom seeds have great medicinal uses when it comes to relieving you of indigestion. Those suffering from gastric problems should definitely keep a packet of carom seeds in their kitchen. You can consume ajwain in different ways. You can prepare ajwain tea and drink it when cold. This can be done every alternative day or once a week to keep your digestive system healthy. You can also add some carom seeds to every possible dish. It not only enhances the flavour, but also helps you in keeping fit. Lastly, you can just consume some raw seeds after every meal.
- Turmeric: All of us know that turmeric is rich in medicinal properties. Many also know that it can be used as a paste by applying it directly over a wound; or it can be simply powdered and consumed with milk. Also you can make turmeric masks and apply it once a week to get a glowing flawless skin.
- Ginger: It is used specially by them who are very prone to catching cold or fever due to seasonal changes. Ginger tea is quite popular in this aspect. Apart from this, ginger juice and honey together offer a remedy for sore throat as well as helps you boost your digestion. Ginger is a spice, which can be added in chopped form, as a paste or whole in mostly all dishes. So, you get the taste of ginger and its medicinal properties in nearly all dishes that you consume.
- Saffron: It is an exotic spice, but is used a lot in Ayurveda. Saffron paste can cure dark circles around your eyes. Saffron itself adds taste to the dish and increases digestive power. Saffron consumed with milk boosts your immune system.
These are the four must-have spices in your kitchen that are used extensively in Ayurveda for treating various health problems through a natural way. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The daily stress and responsibilities of modern life mean that it is hard for a person to feel on top of the world all the time. Many people have gone ahead and accepted this as a truth of life. But what if there was the possibility of feeling good each day? Can you imagine the effect it would have on the satisfaction and productivity of a person? Well, the ancient field of Ayurveda, to a certain extent, is beneficial in this case. Here are a few tips, which may help you feel better.
- Clean your tongue regularly using a tongue scraper. According to Ayurveda, cleaning your tongue helps clean your body and stimulate the internal organs of the body. In addition to this, it is also believed that the bad bacteria which is present in the body is reduced to quite an extent by doing this.
- Avoid having ice cold water, even when the temperature is at a peak. According to Ayurveda, this is not the right thing to be done. In fact, an individual should have warm water throughout the year. This helps in reducing the amount of metabolic waste, which is present in the human body. Also, warm water is a natural choice for people who are keen on not getting a bad throat.
- Have timely meals because each person has a body clock and when a person is following the tenets of Ayurveda, the meal times would be well in sync with the body clock. The risk of this not being the case results in improper digestion and leads to a person feeling heavy instead of satiated.
- Keep a check on the quantity of food you consume in every meal. For most people, lunch is the heaviest meal to be had. As a matter of fact, as the day comes to a close, the amount of food which one should eat must be reduced. An early dinner is a very good idea. Also post dinner snacks must be strictly avoided.
- Ensure you take adequate rest every day as it is very important for maintaining the fitness of a human body. Good quality sleep also plays a vital role in keeping you healthy. Avoid staying up late at night as it hampers proper sleep. Additionally, regular exercise is needed, which again is very helpful in keeping your body active and running.
Are you looking for an ideal and effective remedy for common cold? Opt for Ayurvedic methods, which are considered excellent for management of cold. Common cold accounts for being the most common dosha or disorder, according to Ayurveda. Every individual suffers from common cold more than once during his or her life.
The condition is referred to as Pratishyaya in Ayurveda. All the three doshas are responsible for common cold. In case of common colds due to vata dosha, dry cough, mucus discharge, and a runny nose are common symptoms. People with pitta dosha having common cold are likely to experience a sore throat, fever, and nose blockage. For people with kapha dosha, common colds are featured by thick mucus discharge, headaches, and head heaviness. The most important Ayurvedic remedies for common cold are as follows:
Various natural herbs are used for the treatment of common cold.
- Bishop’s weed is used for opening up clogged nasal passages. You have to tie its seeds in a piece of cloth and inhale it directly. This clears the congestion and treats nasal blockages in children effectively.
- Cassia roots are ideal for treating common cold. The roots have to be burned and you need to inhale the smoke which is emitted. Your mucus discharge increases after this treatment, but stops totally after a while.
- Boil cinnamon with pepper and honey in water and consume it. This is ideal for reducing a sore throat and preventing your common cold from turning chronic.
- Cumin seeds have antiseptic properties and are effective in treating the harmful effects of common cold in case of fever. Throat irritations are healed as well.
Patients of common cold are recommended to fast for an entire day, which enables the body to eliminate toxins. After this, you can eat vegetable soups, and steamed, boiled vegetables with a little spice to taste. You should avoid all food items which are tough to digest such as milk, yoghurt, and food items which are oily, spicy, and rich. You should take hot food in case of common cold.
- You can use Bringasavam, which is a prescribed Ayurvedic medicine for common cold. You should take 15 ml of this regularly for a period of seven days.
- You can also opt for a nasal drop called Anutaila, which is prescribed by all Ayurvedic practitioners. You can also mix Trikatu power with honey. It reduces inflammation in your respiratory tract. You can also use Shabindu taila as a nasal drop.
For knowing common cold remedies suitable for you, visit an Ayurvedic practitioner. The doctor will prescribe the most ideal Ayurvedic remedies based on your condition and symptoms. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Are you looking for a treatment measure for infertility in females? You can go for an Ayurvedic treatment, which is completely natural and does not involve the use of any chemical. Infertility refers to the inability of a woman to conceive after having unprotected sex. The principles of Ayurveda states that infertility occurs when a woman’s Shukra dhatu, or the reproductive tissue does not get proper nutrition. This may happen because of improper digestion, and also because of some toxins in the body. Anxiety, insomnia, depression, and spicy food are other causes of infertility in females according to Ayurveda.
Ayurveda has a holistic approach towards health and treats the body as a whole, instead of treating a specific ailment. An Ayurvedic doctor needs to be certain about your body type before making a treatment suggestion. Ayurvedic treatment for infertility in women aims at ensuring the proper transformation of food into nutrients, which will move to your shukra dhatu.
The most important Ayurvedic remedies for treating female infertility are as follows:
- Swedanam: This method is used by Ayurvedic physicians for inducing sweating in patients who suffer from infertility. This is done with the help of exercises or blankets. It is meant for flushing out toxins from your body.
- Vamanam: This is a detoxing Ayurvedic therapy in which vomiting is induced for getting rid of undigested food from the body. In spite of being uncomfortable, this is an ideal detox therapy for infertility management.
- Banyan tree bark: The use of dried banyan tree bark powder is recommended by several Ayurvedic physicians for treating infertility problems in females. Remember to add sugar to the banyan bark powder before consuming it.
- Ashwagandha churna and kapikacchu: These are popular Ayurvedic medicines, which are used for treating infertility issues in women.
- Phala gritam: Consume phala gritam in the form of buttermilk mixed with milk. This medicine effectively treats several functional problems related to female infertility.
- Guduchi, triphala churna, and gokshura: These Ayurvedic medicines are used for clearing blockages in your body. This prevents the production of shukra dhatu and helps in the management of female infertility.
- Shatavari: This Ayurvedic medicine is designed only for women for the treatment of infertility.
- Dietary changes: Ayurveda states that a woman suffering from infertility must follow a strict diet plan. Spicy, oily, and extra salt foods should be strictly avoided. It is recommended for you to consume food items such as almonds, whole grains, fresh vegetables, fresh fruits, and dried fruits.
If you are suffering from infertility and seek Ayurvedic treatment, consult an experienced Ayurvedic practitioner for timely advise. He will be able to diagnose your cause and prescribe remedies based on the diagnosis.
Stress, the new buzzword, has become an inevitable part of our lives. Take any of today’s diseases, hypertension, hyperlipidemia, diabetes, cancer, sleep disorders, indigestion, infertility, depression, memory loss, migraines, etc. All of them have a common contributing factor stress.
Ayurveda believes that health is the result of balance maintained between the three elements or doshas, vata, pitta, and kapha. An imbalance between these 3 components is the main cause of ill health. Different diseases have one of these as predominant factor. Stress disrupts the balance and so contributes to various diseases. Managing stress is one of the keys to maintaining good health and thereby avoiding a lot of lifestyle related disorders.
Read on to know and understand some of the simple but effective ways of maintaining stress.
- Yoga Asanas: While yoga, in general, is believed to calm the mind and reduce stress, shava asana (corpse pose) sarvanga asana (Shoulder stand), hala asana (plough pose), simha asana (lion pose) and shalabhasana (locust pose) are greatly beneficial in reducing stress.
- Take a break: A break to break away from the mundane routine helps. Try doing nothing for a short while and see how this practice calms the nervous system and provides a clear state of mind.
- Mind your mind: Stress is often caused by fear of what might happen. Changing attitude to a positive one can go a long way in reducing overall stress.
- Analyse your stressors: If you can change it, go ahead and change it. If you cannot, change the way you react to it or simply ignore it. It is definitely not possible to have control over all things in life. Learning this helps greatly in managing stress.
- Meditation: Using Om, take deep breaths and focus on air moving through the lungs and the body. This can be done anywhere and leaves you with a calm mind and body. Pranayama also increases the flow of oxygen to all parts of the body and relaxes you completely.
- Hand it down: The ends of the finger have pressure points which act as energy channels for the body. The padding at the end of the thumb and the middle portion of the index finger are linked to the brain and can be stimulated to manage stress. Most yoga asanas use this hand posture.
- Warm baths: Add some ginger juice and baking soda to the bucket of hot water. This improves circulation and helps you in feeling light, with elevated mood.
- Herbal teas: These are, simply put, magical. Substances like chamomile, tulsi, basil, jasmine, Brahms, cardamom, etc. provide a soothing effect on the mind and body. The aroma and taste of these leave you feeling elated, with the stress disappearing with their vapours. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
We all have those days when we seem to have hit an all time low. We feel bad, sad, mad, and there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel. However, this is a temporary, passing phase for most of us. But for people with depression, this is not the case.
Chronic depression, which is more common in women than men, can arise due to different reasons. Major life changes, marital issues, relationship issues, financial problems, chronic medical problems, death of loved ones, life stressors, weather changes, etc. can lead to depression.
This leads to prolonged periods of sadness, feeling of emptiness, loss of interest in activities which were normally pleasurable, irritability, sleeplessness, loss of appetite, weight gain, worthless and hopeless feeling, and feeling of doom. This can result in dejection, social withdrawal, poor performance at work/school, and an overall declining quality of life.
In most cases, there is usually a past, unpleasant experience which leads to depression. This could be different for different people, depending on their tolerance. While some may go into depression over minor relationship issues, for others, it could be as severe as sexual abuse in the past.
Ayurveda recognizes “sadhaka agni” as a fire that helps a person to digest trauma. People with a strong sadhaka agni have a higher tolerance and take more time to get depressed compared to people who have a weak fire in them.
The following are some simple changes that can be very useful in overcoming depression.
- Meditate for about 20 minutes every day.
- Realize and practice detachment. Most people with depression have a loss of something they were closely attached to. Realizing that nothing in life is permanent and letting it go will play a major role in feeling better.
- Get a sound, restful sleep. Stick to a routine by going to bed and getting up at the same time every day.
- Walk out in the sun and get a good dose of sunlight. Add exercise to sun exposure to feel elated and upbeat about life in general.
- Exercises such as yoga, walking, and cycling also are useful in improving overall balance and health. A healthy and fitter body definitely leaves one in a better mood.
- Eat healthy food. Avoid packaged, canned, and processed food. Include a lot of nuts and seeds in your diet, be it roasted or soaked.
- Try mood uplifting food items like black pepper, dry ginger, turmeric, amla, cloves, and cardamom.
- Herbs like ashwagandha, shatavari, brahmi are highly useful in curing depression. They also treat fluid balance, govern energy and creativity in the body, improve metabolism, and clear toxins.
Ayurveda believes in not just making one feel better, but improving his/her overall well-being by getting to the root of the issue. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Im 20 years old I did not get still beard on my face so I should get beard with in 1 year can you please guide me.
With changing lifestyles and environmental pollution, hair fall is becoming a bigger issue than it was a few decades ago. People in their 20s and 30s are losing hair, necessitating hair transplant.
Hair fall definitely affects a person’s esthetics, but it is a bigger issue than what just meets the eye. Hair fall especially in men can lead to baldness and when it occurs in the younger years, it affects their overall personality and self-esteem. Hair loss is usually associated with old age and this gives them an appearance much older than they actually are. This can even lead to depression and personality changes.
Ayurveda believes that hair loss has a deep-rooted problem. It believes that a combination of hair products, massage, meditation, and yoga can help in curing hair fall.
There are various products which are believed to have a dramatic effect on hair fall.
- Bhringaraj: This literally translates to the “king of hair.” Available for use in various forms like oil, powder or paste, this helps hair health in multiple ways reversing hair loss, promotes growth, and controls premature greying.
- Ritha: Ritha and shikakai are used as natural hair wash products for centuries. Minus the chemicals, they are excellent for preventing hair fall and also add to hair shine and strength.
- Shikakai: Another natural cleanser for the hair, it is loaded with vitamins antioxidants. It also helps retain the natural oils in the scalp. It can be mixed with water or with tea residue and applied as a paste on the hair.
- Brahmi: Another wonder product for the hair, it promotes hair follicles, nourishes the roots, removes dead skin from the scalp, and reduces hair fall. This can be used in combination with amla, tulsi, and curd for combined benefits.
- Neem: This again can be used as oil or as a paste. Neem helps hair fall by improving blood circulation, reducing dandruff and reduces itchiness. It has a cooling effect on the scalp.
In addition to these products, Ayurveda has other ways to control hair fall.
- Specific yoga asanas are believed to improve hair fall. These asanas which mostly require the person to stand on their head increase blood flow to the scalp and promote hair growth.
- A major reason for hair loss is stress and anxiety, and so meditation which helps in stress management can help in controlling hair fall and hair loss.
- Various oils like castor oil, coconut oil, neem oil, olive oil, almond oil, etc., can be used at slightly warm temperatures to massage the scalp. This promotes the hair follicles and promotes hair growth.
The next time you are worried about hair fall, try these options and see the difference. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Bloating, cramping, headaches, nausea are very common during menstruation—painful symptoms women go through when during their monthly cycle. During this time, women tend to crave salt, desserts, caffeine or liquor. One should look out for different alternatives to prevent menstrual cramps and satisfy their cravings.
Menstrual cramps cause a great deal during the menstrual cycle since the withdrawals interrupt the blood stream to the wall of the uterus. Stomach aches, lower back pain and leg cramps are some common and basic side effects. Here are a few ways yoga can cure the problem:
- Janu sirsasana (head-to-knee forward bend): Go down on the floor in a sitting position with your legs stretched out forward. Twist the right knee outward to a 90 degree angle and press the right foot into the insides of the left thigh. Get the left shin or foot, breathe in, tighten the hips, and place the stomach over the straight leg. Breathe out, and broaden the spine and stretch out the chest. Straighten your back.
- Pasasana (noose pose): Come into a full squat position with you feet together and drop your hips down towards your heels. In case your heels do not reach the floor, put a pillow underneath. Breathe in and twist your knees to one side as you turn your abdomen to one side. Breathe out, touch the back of your upper left arm with the outside of your right leg and reach the left lower arm to touch the foot.
- Ustrasana (camel pose): Bow on the floor with the knees and hips. Turn your thighs inside and press your shins and feet firmly into the floor. Lay your hands on the back of your hips. Breathe in, lift your chest, and press your shoulders down towards the ribs. Breathe out, push the hips forward as you stretch the front of the body and bend backwards. Keep your hands on the back of your hips or on the back of the heels. In case you put your hand on the heels, press your toes into the floor to lift the heels higher.
- Supta padangusthasana (reclining big toe pose): Lie on your back with your arms by your sides and stretch the legs. Lay your head on the floor, breathe in, bend the right knee, and hold the toe with the right fingers. Put your left hand on top of the upper left thigh to put the left leg down.
- Towel hook: Breathe out and stretch the right leg to the extent your body permits. You can likewise use a towel or belt to wrap around the right foot to help. Breathe in; lift your head up towards the right leg and hold the left leg down. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
Ayurveda literally translates into “the science of longevity.” It not just looks at treating the symptoms of the patient, but at getting to the root of the issue for a holistic treatment. In addition to various products, yoga is an integral part of maintaining overall health in Ayurveda.
Patrons of yoga would agree that yoga has multiple benefits, not just in treating diseases, but in maintaining the overall health. The following are some of the most obvious benefits of yoga.
- Weight management: Yoga normalizes body weight by multiple ways including restoring hormonal balance, reducing cortisol levels, improving depression (which can lead to binge eating), etc. Do not worry about calories not being burned during yoga. Yoga is a very good stress reliever and people who are not stressed are rarely obese.
- Pain control: Whether you have a headache or back pain, knee pain or muscle pain, try specific yogasanas. There are people who would vouch for the fact that they could completely stop their pain killers with effective yoga.
- Strength: Yoga makes a person strong in addition to improving flexibility. In most forms of exercises, some may give strength, others may give flexibility. But yoga is one of the few approaches, which combines the two. Range of motion of the joints is improved, healing is quicker, and ligaments and muscles are more elastic with yoga.
- Brain functioning: Yoga improves memory and cognitive functioning. Because meditation and focusing on oneself is such an integral part of yoga, it promotes brain function. It improves memory, clarity of thought, attention span, and helps in decision making.
- Reduces stress: By improving overall well-being, yoga is one of the best methods for stress management. This in turn leads to reduction of a host of other diseases including hypertension, diabetes, stroke, sleep disorders, etc. There is also a heightened feeling of well-being, reduced depression, better self-esteem, improved motivation, and other effects which improve overall health and happiness quotient.
- Anti-degenerative effects: The body is in a constant state of degeneration and with age, this is accelerated. What yoga does is to arrest degeneration – be it the muscle mass, the skin tone, or the joint flexibility. It has a whole lot of metabolic benefits including reducing glucose, sodium, total cholesterol, triglycerides, LDL, VLDL, and catecholamines. Simultaneously, it helps by increasing HDL cholesterol, hematocrit, hemoglobin, lymphocyte count, white blood cell count, thyroxin, total serum protein, oxytocin, prolactin, and cholinesterase among others.
- Restores function: For impaired body systems, whether it is nervous or digestive, musculoskeletal or neurologic, yoga does wonders.
There is no restriction on where to do yoga. Unlike gymming, swimming, or cycling, there is no definite set-up required. So, go embrace yoga and see the benefits for yourself. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Ayurveda.
The thyroid is a small butterfly shaped gland that regulate a number of metabolic processes in the body. Hypothyroidism and hyperthyroidism are two common thyroid disorders that affect how we create and use our energy. Though these conditions have no cure as such, they can be managed effectively with a few simple home remedies.
Include marine phytoplankton in your diet: Sea vegetables such as phytoplankton are rich sources of electrolytes and nutrients such as iodine that is essential to regulate thyroid activity. Some sea vegetables you can try are sea weed, kelp, arame, hijke, kombu and nori.
Eat cooked greens: Green vegetables such as kale, Brussels sprouts, broccoli and cauliflower are rich sources of vitamins and minerals but if you are suffering from a thyroid problem, it is best to avoid eating them in their raw form. This is because these vegetables contain goitrogens that can disrupt the thyroid functioning if eaten in large quantities.
Get some vitamin D: A deficiency of vitamin D in the body can be one of the key factors triggering your thyroid problem. An easy way to deal with this is to expose your body to the early morning sun. Exercising outdoors in the early morning can help boost immunity and regulate calcium metabolism. Exercises like walking can also help stimulate the thyroid gland.
Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps detoxify the body and aids in maintaining an acid alkaline balance. It also promotes weight loss by increasing metabolism and helps regulate hormone production. To benefit from this, mix 2 tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in a glass of warm water with a little honey and drink on a daily basis.
Detox from heavy metals: Heavy metals like mercury, arsenic, cadmium and lead can accumulate in the fat cells, bones and nervous system. If left unchecked, this can become extremely toxic. This accumulation of heavy metals can also lead to hypothyroidism. Hence, if you suffer from thyroid abnormalities, it is a good idea to detox your body. Including chia seeds, brazil nuts, onions, garlic and cilantro in your daily meals is an easy way of doing this.
Cut back on sugar: Excessive sugar consumption may be promoting your thyroid problem and hence it is best to avoid all forms of processed sugar when suffering from a thyroid problem. If possible also cut back on foods that are rich in natural sugars. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.