Dosto liver hamare sharir ka ek bahut mehatvapurn organ hai, sabse bada internal organ hai hamara, hamare jo pasliya hoti hai right side mein uske piche hota hai, aur kaafi saare kaam karta hai bahut mehnat karta hai. Khastaur se jo liver hai hamare sharir mein metabolism se judi jitni bhi kriyaen hai unn mein kaafi labhdayak hota hai, kuch oksins ko, chemicals ko bhi clean karta hai. Liver ko swasth rakhna bahut important hai, aaj kal bahut sare logo mein main dekh raha hoon fatty liver, badi early age mein rehti ho jata hai, aur log uss par koi dhyan nahi dete hain, jayadatar logo ko dekha hai ki ultrasound mein aaya hai fatty liver woh kehte hain ki ji doctor ne kaha koi baat nahi koi chhoti moti cheez hai, aisa nahi hai neglect nahi karna hai kyunki aage chaleke ye hi aapke liver ke damage ka karan ban sakta hai. Cirrhosis of liver badi common aaj kal problem bahut logo ko ho rahi hai, hamare yahan jeeva mein vishesh rup se liver par kafi acchi research ki hai, bahut acchi aushadhi hai hamare paas, bahut acche results hamare paas aate hai, liver ka kisi prakar ka aapka rog ho aap ko turant jo hai jiva mein sampark karna chahiye. Kya kar sakte hain liver ko swasth rakhne ke liye liver ko swasth rakhna hai sabse pahele alcohol, chemicals, chai, coffee, smoking, bahut jayda tali cheeze, bahut jayda fat wali cheeze inka seven nahi karna. Aur liver ke liye sabse badiya hai ki aap agar awle ka churan bhi khana shuru kare that is very good. Ya awle mein bhringraj thoda mila lijiye barabar matra me le lijiye dono ko, unka mixture bana lijiye. Taja aloe vera ghar mein hai roz subah khali pet do teen chamach uska kha jaiye andar se uska ghoda nikal kar kar very effective mooli ka season agar hai toh mooli ke patto ka juice thoda le sakte hain, ya kachi mooli bhi thodi si kaat karke aap uska sevan kare aur iske sath sath jo hai aap bahut important hai ke jo aapki diet hai, diet mein bahut ushan cheeze nahi khaye. Garam cheezon ka sevan na kare papita bahut achha rehta hai papita aaye agar uska sevan kare fruits ka sevan kare iss prakar se liver ke upar jyada load nahi dalna hai jisse ki liver aapka swasth rahe aur liver sambandhit koi bhi rog ho Ayurved mein hai iske bahut acche upchaar.read more
Aaj ke yug mein shayad hi koi aisa vyakti hoga jisko stress nahi hai, yani ki mansik tanav jisko nahi. Stress kuch amount mein avashyak bhi hota hai, agar bilkul bhi stress nahi hoga life mein to hum kuch kaam nahi karenge, lekin ek limit se jab jyada stress hamare mind mein aata hai hamare sharir mein aata hai, toh woh phir rog paida karta hai. Aapne dekha hoga aaj kal stress ke karan bahut sare rog hote hain, modern science ne khafi research ki hai, ke majority of our physical problems are now connectd with the mental stress. Mental stress kaise dur ker sakta hain? Sabse pehle toh hume dekhna hai ki stress ka karan kya hai, bahut sare karan hote hain environment koi karan hai ya aapke office mein koi problem hai, ya aapke relation mein koi problem hai, financial problem hai, jis tarah ki bhi jo problem hai usko usi tarah se aap uska solution dhoondte hain. Uske liye hamare yahan counselling hoti hai yahan jeeva ke doctors se aap phone pe baat kar sakte hain apni samasya ke baare mein bilkul definitely discuss kar sakte hain. Iske atirikt hamara jo mann hai, man ko agar hum satvik banaenge, satvik bhojan, satvik lifestyle, satvik vichar usse mann mein jab satvikta aayegi toh mann mein clarity aati hai, mann mein ek prakar ki shanty, peace aata hai, jaise ki stress chala jata hai. Of course there are some nice recipes aap badam le lijiye saat-aath badam raat ko bhigoye, subah chilka utarkarke pees kerke ek cup doodh mein milayen, thoda sa dalchini ka powder, ek aad elaichi jo hai khol karke jo choti elaichi hoti hai, woh aur ussmein daal kar ke aap garam garam doodh piyen usse aapko relief milega, shyam ko bhi isi taranh se pee sakte hain. Doosra jo hai iske sath sath bahut achcha aapko relief milega, thoda sa practice kariye gehari saanse lena deep breathing jisko kehte hain. Jab aap gehri saanse late hain toh aapke brain ke andar adhik oxygen pahunchti hai, oxygen pahunchne se aapka mind relax hota hai. Aur iske atirikt thoda dhyan, meditation, pranayam yadi aap karenge toh usse aapko kafi labh milega. Sabse important cheez hai ki jab aap ka rog ek limit se jyada pahunch jaye, aap ke sharir mein, aapke hormone system mein, aapke jo hai digestive system, mein agar aap dekhte hain stress ke karan kafi problem ho rahi hai, toh phir aapke paas hai hamara sehat ka number 0129 40 40 40 40 zaroor dial kar hamare doctors puri team hamari, kam se kam dosau doctors ki team aapke saath hai hamesha. Kabhi bhi aap unse baat karke apni samasya ka ayurvedic samadhan pooch sakte hain.read more
Dosto, anindra ya insomnia bahut common problem hai khas taur se aaj kal jo mansik tanav logo ko hai ya mind mein aur jyada kitni pareshaniya hai uske karan hamara jo brain hai woh activate rehta hai,hyper rehta hai, relax nahi kar pata jiske karan neend nahi aati. Bahut sare logo ki problem hai choti si samasya ban jati hai mind mein kuch vichar shuru ho jata hai, toh neend nahi aati hai aur neend na aane se bahut sare nuksaan hame hota hai aur hamare yahan kehte hain sleep is the diet of your mind, agar mind ko neend se hi shakti milti hai aur neend nahi achi nahi hai ki toh mind aapka thoda sa jo hai aur kamzor ho jayega. Not only for the mind, for the body sharir mein kaafi saare cleansing hota hai jab hum sote hain raat ko aur sharirik shakti hai, woh bhi hamari badhti hai use. Toh neend yadi aapko nahi aati hai to kya kar sakte hain kuch cheeze hain choti choti si, try kariye bahut fayde mand hain of course hum baar baar aap ko ek cheez kehte hain ki koi bhi takleef ho toh aapko hamare jeeva ke ayurvedic doctor se paramarsh lena chahiye kyunki ayurved mein har rog ka chikitsa bahut acchi uplabdh hai, aur har rog ka ilaj hamare jeeva mein hota hai. Toh neend ke liye kya kar sakte hain, raat ko sone se pahle thoda sa talvo mein malish kare thoda sa tel laga sakte hain, badam ka tel laga sakte hain, desi ghee se bhi malish karle aur thoda pindliyon mein bhi malish karle, usse neend achi aayegi. Sham ko jab office se aap wapas aate hain ghar par sabse pehle aakarke, sab cheez totally band karke thoda shant mahaul kare shav asan paanch se saat minute ka shav asan kare, shav asan se aapka pura body, mind dono relax ho jayega. Uske baad sir mein thoda sa tel ki malish kare, champi jisko bolte hain aur phir uske baad snan kare, ye karne se aapka poora body aur mind dono relax ho jayenge aur phir uske baad stimulation nahi chahiye, coffee nahi peena hai, chai nahi peena hai, alcohol nahi peena hai, smoking nahi karni hai, tv, computer, mobile se bhi thoda sa perhez kare bahut jyada prayog na kare, toh phir aapko neend bahut acchi aayegi. Ofcourse neend aane ke liye raat ko sone se pehle thoda sa aankhon mein gulab jal daalen usse bhi aapko fayda hoga, aur jaisa maine shuru mein kaha ke koi bhi takleef hai toh ayurvedic chikitsa hai hamare paas inn rogo ki uplabdh hai.read more
Doston, indigestion, badhajmi, ajeern, apacch yeh naam aksar apne sune honge. Kya hota hai isme aap jo khana khate hain wo khana purn roop se pachta nahi hai, jab khana pachega nahi toh anek prakar ke symptoms aapko ho sakte hain. Aapko pet mein gas ho sakti hai, aapko acidity ho sakti hai, pet me bharipan ho sakta hai, pet mein dard bhi ho jata hai of course undigested food jab hota hai hamare small intestine ke andar toh wahan par ek vishala tatva banta hai jisko hum aam bolte hain. Is tarah se hum apne pachan ko thik kar sakte hain? Simple cheeze hai jo aapki rasoi mein maujood hai, yadi aap hara dhaniya aur hara pudina le uska dono ka mila karke sambhag mein uski chatni bana lijiye thodi si taji adrak bhi peesenge thoda sa aur accha taste bhi aayega aur nimbu thoda sa usme daliye, khatta taste bhi aayega very tasty khane ke saath kha sakte hain pachan ke liye bahut achhi hai. Sauf, jira, dhaniya aur pudina sab barabar-barabar 20-20 gram le lijiye isme 10 gram aap milaye kala namak aur 5 gram isme milaye hing aur thoda sa anardana 10 gram ke kareeb woh bhi isme millaye bahut tasty aap ka churan banega. Tasty bhi hai digestive bhi hai, yeh aap bana sakte hai bilkul. Bhojan se pahale taje adrak ke tukde thoda sa nimbu ke ras mein mila kar ke unko sevan karne se bhi aap ki agni bhi pradeept hoti hai aur aap ka bhojan bhi thik se pachta hai. Lekin dhyan rahe ki hamesha jo hai uchit matra me bhojan karna hai, aisi cheeze combine na kare jo bahut heavy hai aapas mein, idhar mithai bhi kha rahe hain, fried cheeze bhi kha rahe hain aur bahut jyada garisht bhojan bhi sevan kar rahe hain aisa nahi karna hai. Aur niyamit roop se aapko exercise zaroor karni hai, exercise karne se bhi hamara pachan thik hota hai aur hamari agni jo hai woh majboot hoti hai. Toh choti-choti si cheeze hain lekin bahut important hai hamara pachan sansthan. Yadi hamara digestive system thik rahega, toh hum bahut sare rogo se bilkul apne aap ko bacha karke rakh sakte hain.read more
Namaskar, dosto aaj baat karenge, ke kis prakar se aaj kal ki bhag daud bhari zindagi mein aur jo hamara yeh jo vatavaran hai jo pollution se bhara hua hai kis tarah se hum apni twacha ki raksha kar sakte hain. Kis prakar se hum apni tawacha ko java banaye rakh sakte hain. Aapne dekha hoga aaj kal bahut young age mein chehra jo hi aise murjha jata hai black pigments jhaiya ya phir skin ka thoda lose hona. Kya kar sakte hain, simple tarike agar aapko jhaiya hai blemishes hai to aap thoda sa nimbu lele aadha kat karke usse gentle massage karenge bahut fayda hoga. Aaloo ka rass nikal kar ke usse massage karne se bhi aapke pigmentation or jhaiya thik hoti hai. Iske attirikat yadi aapko chehre par glow chahiye chammak chahiye toh chemicals mat lagaye, papita lijiye papita ka paste banaiye aur uska mast bana kar ke 15-20 minute rakhiye uske baad usko gungune pani se dho dijiye. Agar aap ki twacha thodi si loose hai, dheeli hai, wrinkles ho rahe hain toh besan mein thoda sa shahad aur aloe vera ka taja jo guda aata hai, usko mila kar ke paste banaye aur is paste ko apply kar lijiye chehre par poorey aur 15-20 minute baad gungune pani se dho lijiye. Chehre ko jawan banaye rakhne ke liye seb chilka utar kar ke uska paste banaiye aur seb mein thoda sa shahad milakar ke aap iska lep karenge toh aap ka chehra aapki tawcha bilkul jawan aur young bani rahegi. Toh inko prayog kariye natural cheeze hai aur mujhe umeed hai aapka chehra glow bhi karega aur aap jawab bhi dekhenge.read more
Doctor in Jiva Ayurveda - Noida
Acid Reflux or GERD Treatment
Allergic Rhinitis Treatment
Angina Pectoris Treatment
Ankylosing Spondylitis Treatment
Anorexia nervosa Treatment
Anxiety Disorder Treatment
Bed Wetting Treatment
Bipolar Disorder Treatment
Bronchial Asthma Treatment
Cervical Spondylosis Treatment
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
Hair Loss and Premature Graying
Irritable Bowel Syndrome(IBS)
Ischaemic Heart Disease
Major Depressive Illness
Oesophageal Hiatus Hernia
Sickle Cell Anemia
Systemic Lupus Erythematosus
Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)
Patient Review Highlights
He is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. The symptoms were severe and unmanageable, as I was suffering from gerd, but Jiva Ayurveda was able to handle it. Many people gave very positive feedback for this Jiva Ayurveda.they definitely are aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. The overall atmosphere in the Jiva Ayurveda - Mumbai Chembur is very soothing.
I am so thankful that Jiva Ayurveda has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. Someone from the office, referred us to go to Jiva Ayurveda. The friendliness of staff is the best in the Jiva Ayurveda in Chembur. Jiva Ayurveda has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. I feel strange that I am suffering from diabetes. Jiva Ayurveda has a very positive attitude towards all the patients.
Even though the problem was not so big, but still the other doctors were not able to treat it. The I consulted Jiva Ayurveda. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able give me proper platelet rich plasma therapy. they gave me the therapy and after that I have been better now. All the staff members were very helpful. I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time.
I was diagnosed with ankylosing Spondylitis after the birth of my second child. Due to long sitting hours at office my pain increased day by day. Even after going to so many doctors all over India, no doctor could improve my condition. I gave myself a last chance and tried Jiva Ayurveda’s ayurvedic treatment. I am so happy that I chose this them for my treatment as now I am better. My health is better.
I was suffering from male sexual problems for such a long time. A friend of mine referred to Dr Jiva . Finally with Dr Jiva's treatment, I am completely cured from the disease. They have a good teams of ayurvedic doctors , I had a great experinece in the clinic. The waiting area in the Jiva Ayurveda is very comfortable for elderly patients. I am quite impressed with teh way they treat their patients.
I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that Jiva Ayurveda is the reason. My case was extremely serious, but they really handled it very nicely. Everything was just spick and span in there. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to even diagnose my problem, but THEY did it immediately and started the kshar sutra treatment for it.
I remember, I read an article of Jiva Ayurveda in the paper and made contact. The erectile dysfunction treatment has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. Jiva Ayurveda has a great staff which helped me immensly in the treatment. They have a great knowledge about ayurveda and the traetment which they provided were extremely beneficial for me.
Due to taking a lot of allopathic medicines because of my problems I developed the problem of acid reflux.I was very disturbed by the problem and pains. I chose to take an ayurvedic treatment for the same. I went to Jiva Ayurveda in Mumbai for my treatment and they gave me the best treatment possible. Thanks to the amazing doctors there.
Jiva Ayurveda is is very well designed ayurveda clinic. It has an excellent team of doctors . I visited this clicni few months back for my hairfall issue. I must say that the doctors I met were very knowledgeable and the treatment they gave was very beneficial. I am happy that I chose this clinic for my hairfall treatment.
Many people gave very positive feedback for Jiva Ayurveda. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to their perfect advice. With great ease they explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. Hygiene is very important, and I must it was extremely clean. i went there for weight managment treatment.
I was having very bad thoughts regarding my lithotripsy. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I went to Jiva Ayurveda and I am hopeful again that I will be fine. I am so thankful that Jiva Ayurveda has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Even after my treatment with my old doctor, I never felt so much relief, but Jiva Ayurveda has treated my completely. Due to my hair loss my daily activities were suffering. The clinic has a knowledgeable and experienced staff. I am happy that I chose them for my hairloss treatment.
He never gets frustrated, even when I ask a number of queries. I have consulted so many doctors , but no one was able to do my laser hair removal properly. My boss referred me this Jiva Ayurveda. The overall atmosphere in the Jiva Ayurveda - Mumbai Mira Road is very soothing.
I was shocked to experience the symptoms of spondylitis. One of my friend referred Jiva ayurveda . THey have perfect team of doctors, their advices and prescription has helped me immensly. I have noticed considerable changes in myself . I appreciate the way they treated me.
His treatment suited me the best and now I am fine. Even though it's been more than a year, still if I sometimes feel any issue and call him, and they at Jiva Ayurveda still takes my call in case of any emergency. they did my weight management counseling,
Dr Jiva ahs a broad knowledge in the field of Ayurveda. I consulted him as i was suffering from thyroid. His treatment suited me the best. Though it took time for the recovery but I am perfectly fine now. I owe him a big thanks for making me fine again.
Jiva Ayurveda is a famous clinic in Mumbai. I went there for my flu treatment. I am glad that I visited the clinic because it has all facilities a patient requires. The team of doctors is quite knowledgeable and experienced.
Very happy with treatment of arthritis by Jiva Ayurveda in mumbai and fully satisfied in first 8 days itself. Got results considering the age of patient and from effectivity point of view.
Had an consult with a doctor provide some medicine and told follow a diet plan. Working on it. They are providing a long term medication.lets see what the result.
she listened to my mother problem very patiently and answered very well. she also helped her understand the actual cause of the problem my mother is having.
Jiva Ayurveda is the best place to go for acne treatmentit is in Mumbai Chembur and has a great environment and also very healing.
Good &I REQEST THE DOCTOR TO SEND ME DIET CHART AS I LOST THAT PAPER THAN Q ESPECIALLY I AM IN DOUBT ABOUT DO'S&DONT"S
Gastritis/ acidity is usually mild and can be cured easily by following better food habits and regular healthy lifestyle. However, sometime gastritis can cause pain in the upper part of the abdomen and may lead to stomach ulcers. Few over-the-counter (otc) antacid medicines and a set of do's and don'ts can relieve gastritis.
Some of the lifestyle and dietary changes are as follows:
Lifestyle / dietary changes:
- Excess spicy food and use of painkillers, alcohol, cigarettes and acidic beverages lead to symptoms of gastritis. To get rid of symptoms of gastritis, one should follow these simple remedies.
- Eat food in smaller quantity and switch to several small meals.
- Painkillers lead to ulcers in your stomach and cause bleeding. So, avoid unnecessary use of painkillers.
- Kapalabhati, bhastrika and anulomaviloma yoga increases movement of body and organs, helpful in the treatment of gastritis.
Foods to be taken:
A healthy meal plan with low unhealthy fat, salt, and added sugar helps in relieving gastritis. Eat fruits, vegetables, whole grains and fat-free or low-fat dairy foods. Lean meat, poultry (chicken and turkey), fish, beans, eggs, and nuts are also advised to gastritis patients.
- Fruits: Fruits contain vitamins, minerals, fibers and antioxidants should be the part of the diet plan.
- Rice gruel: Rice gruel helps in the formation of watery gastric juice and reduces the acidity level within the stomach. Only rice that has been aged for one year must be used. Wheat and barley are beneficial.
- Vegetables: Garlic and onion limit the growth of bacteria. Carrot juice, spinach juice, pumpkin, bitter gourd (kaakarakaya), cucumber (dosakaya), and green banana are effective. Broccoli is effective against h. Pylori bacteria in the stomach lining.
- Dairy products: Calcium and vitamin d in milk reduce the stomach acids and gives relief to the stomach but, it should be with low content fat.
- Grains: Whole wheat chapattis, pasta, noodles made from whole grains should be included in the diet. Refined flour (maida) products should be strictly avoided. Limit the consumption of whole grain chapattis to about 2 chapattis, per day.
- Green coconut water: Drink green coconut water, as it provides the stomach with the necessary rest, vitamins, and minerals which provide an excellent and easy remedy for gastritis.
Foods to be avoided:
Several foods produce a large amount of acid in your stomach leading to gastritis. You should avoid intake of such foodstuffs in your diet:
- Salty and spicy foods
- Vinegar and vinegar based food items.
- Aerated drinks, citrus juices, caffeine.
- High fat/cholesterol contained food items.
- Beef, fried fish, and pork.
- Baked products like cookies, cakes, chocolates.
Medical therapies/ options:
Several allopathic medicines are used for the treatment of gastritis, but their prolonged use can lead to problems like weak bones, constipation, vomiting. Antibiotics are used to kill h. Pylori bacteria, which causes ulcers and gastritis in your digestive tract. Antacids normalize acid production by blocking the action of the parts of cells that produce acids. Ulcer healing agents protect the tissues that line your stomach and small intestine. Besides these, surgery is preferred in complicated cases of gastritis like pus or mucous filled infections in stomach and intestines.
Ayurvedic and herbal therapies:
In Ayurveda, gastritis is known as urdhavaga amalapitta. It is caused in people who have pitta dosha, which means disturbance in the digestion of food leading to indigestion. When the pitta dosha gets increased in such people, there are greater chances of getting gastritis. Ayurvedic preparations like dhaatriloha, sukumaraghrita, sootashekhara rasa, kaamadudha rasa, leela vilas rasa, chandrakala rasa, amalakichoorna, triphalachoornaand amalapittantaka rasa are beneficial in gastritis. If there is constipation along with gastritis, then avipattikarachoorna is taken as the medicine of choice.
Few herbs that are beneficial for gastritis patients are
- Cardamom (ilaayachee): soothes the stomach. It is especially beneficial if the gastritis causes heartburn.
- Fennel (sauph): is digestive, traditionally used by Indians. Fennel gives the soothing effect to the stomach, facilitates digestion, reduces flatulence and relieves the stomach of excess acidity.
- Ginger (adrakh): it is effective in treating indigestion that is associated with gastritis. It is especially useful for people who consume more of a non-vegetarian food.
- Amla: Amla is very beneficial in the treatment of several stomach ailments including gastritis.
- Sandalwood (chandan): helps in gastritis because it has cooling properties. It can soothe the stomach muscles inflamed by gastritis.
- Asparagus: it's roots are effective in reducing the hyperacidity of the digestive system.
- Licorice (mulethi) root powder: the root of the licorice soothes the injury of the stomach and also reduces the h pylori.
Uterine fibroids are benign growths, which originate in the walls of the uterus. They are also known as 'myomas' or 'fibromyomas' and their sizes tend to vary. You may not realize that you have a fibroid as they do not cause many problems.
The causes of uterine fibroids are:
- Hormones: Hormones that stimulate the uterine lining to prepare it for the menstrual cycle are known to aid in the development of uterine fibroids.
- Genetic changes: Genetic changes in the cells of the uterus may lead to this disorder.
Ayurveda is a natural method of treatment that focuses on using various herbal remedies to cure a disorder. The Ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids aim to boost the immune system and balance the hormones in the body. This allows the ovaries to function properly and thus allows the uterus to remain healthy.
The various ayurvedic remedies for uterine fibroids are:
- Curcumin: This remedy helps the body get rid of the free radicals due to its high antioxidant content. It helps in reducing the inflammation in the uterus and thus treat uterine fibroids.
- Ashwagandha: Ashwagandha has medicinal properties that boost your overall wellbeing in addition to boosting your immune system. It is also known to improve the functioning of the brain and treat impotency.
- Diet: The diet should consist mostly of fiber and whole grains. Alcohol and saturated fats should be limited. You should eat foods, which are pungent, bitter and astringent so that the metabolism is smooth; this prevents formation of uterine fibroids.
- Lifestyle changes: You should restrict smoking and alcohol consumption as they tend to aggravate free radical damage in the body. You should also follow a regimen that incorporates regular exercise and a balanced diet. This will enhance your wellbeing and allow you to remain healthy.
- Panchakarma: Panchakarma is an Ayurvedic remedy that helps in correcting hormonal imbalances in the body. Correction of hormonal imbalances helps in preventing uterine fibroids.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
According to Ayurveda, skin problems arise due to imbalance in the tridoshas, which is vata, pitta and kapha. People having a vata constitution are the ones who possess dry and dull skin. While a healthy diet is necessary for a beautiful skin, here are some natural herbs that are considered excellent for keeping the skin clean and clear.
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood or chandan is a very useful Ayurvedic herb which helps in skin lightening. It is generally used in the treatment of several skin conditions such as acne, scrapes, blemishes, rashes and many others. It is a good remedy for itchy skin. Sandalwood leaves a cooling effect on the skin after external application. It also calms the body after exposure to the sun. Sandalwood powder can be used in the form of a lotion, soap or paste meant for hydrating and cleansing the skin.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is renowned for its blood purifying properties and gives a natural glow to the skin along with enhanced radiance. Turmeric consists of anti ageing and antibacterial properties and is used in cases of several skin diseases. Turmeric helps in reducing acne, blemishes, pigmentation and skin inflammation. It helps in slowing down the ageing process of the skin. You can apply turmeric paste on your face in the form of a facial.
- Aloe Vera: This herb is commonly used in beauty products. It has anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory and cooling properties and is an ideal herb for skin care. Aloe Vera treats skin conditions such as pimples, acne, burns, infections, rashes, allergies, blisters, insect bites and dry skin. Aloe Vera gel provides skin protection and helps in cooling, which reduces any inflammation. Sunburns are also treated by this wonderful herb.
- Saffron or Kesar: This herb is a very effective skin whitening agent and can be used along with olive oil for the purpose of lightening the skin. Kesar can also be applied to the skin by mixing it with milk and olive oil.
- Kumkumadi Oil: This oil is very useful for making skin fairer. This oil is made by the combination of sixteen Ayurvedic ingredients and also helps in removal of marks and prevents skin tanning. This oil can be applied to the skin directly.
- Cucumber: Cucumber is an ideal skin coolant and also contains antiseptic properties. It provides great skin nourishment. Having anti ageing properties, it makes you look younger and treats fine lines and wrinkles as well.
- Basil: Basil or tulsi has antiseptic properties, acts as a natural astringent and makes the skin fresh.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The body is in a constant state of metabolism, which produces toxins or waste substances that need to be removed. Not removing them can affect the efficiency of the whole body system and result in various diseases.
Ayurveda believes that an individual’s well-being and overall health are the results of balance maintained between the three body fluids (pitta, Vata, and Kapha). Regular detoxification helps in restoring balance and thereby preventing diseases.
Read on to know some of the most effective detox methods from Ayurveda.
- Fasting: One of the best ways to clear the body of accumulated toxins is fasting. Fasting for shorter periods at regular intervals (like a chosen day of the week every week) is preferred. The overall benefits are reduced gas, fresher breath, mental clarity, overall well-being, and detoxification. You can choose to fast with only fruits, only water, only light foods, or complete fast depending on your body.
- Panchakarma massage: There are structured massage programs using essential oils and last for 4 days. There is a simple dietary regimen to be followed which washes the digestive system thoroughly and flushes out toxins through the colon.
- Detox programs: Ayurveda has detox programs of varying periods from daily to 4 days to 45 days. The salient features of these detox programs would be the same. There is a reference to ama which is the undigested residue from food that is present in the colon. During any of the detox program, the objective is to remove the ama, which is believed to be the causative factor for all digestive diseases.
- Eat at the same time every day, with complete attention on the food
- Do not fast or skip meals
- Eat only if you are hungry, after the previous meal has completely digested
- Do not eat to your full capacity
- When at your table, give 2 minutes before eating and 2 minutes after finishing the meal
- The lunch should be the main meal, with lighter meals at breakfast and dinner
- Eat warm, fresh, light vegetarian foods like roti, daal, whole grains, and vegetables.
- Sleep well, as your body requires more sleep during this process
- Hydrate yourself with warm water and/or teas to help flush out toxins
- Develop a regular light exercise regimen, which will improve digestion and eliminate wastes
- Try massage like Abhyanga followed by a warm shower
With these simple steps, see yourself detoxed and healthy with renewed vitality and energy. These are preferred to be done at the change of season to a colder one so that the body is rid of the toxins and fresh to take on the season.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
If all the products available in the market are no longer doing anything for your skin, then you can turn to the ancient science of Ayurveda. There are many fruits, vegetables and herbs that can help you get the perfect skin that glows with inner health. But before choosing the right herbs, you might consider what is your skin type.
According to Ayurveda, skin is of three types:
- Vata: this skin type is dry, delicate and thin by nature.
- Pitta: this skin type is soft, sensitive and thicker by nature.
- Kapha: this skin type is thick, oily and has high sun tolerance.
After you understand your skin type, you can add the following herbs to your daily skin regime:
- Sandalwood: Sandalwood is one of the most important Ayurvedic remedies. It is good for pitta and kapha skin types. You can use it to treat acne, whiten skin, moisturise skin, treat blemishes and rashes, and treat itchy skin.
- Aloe vera: Aloe vera is used in a lot of beauty products. It is good for kapha and pitta skin types. You can use it directly as a moisturiser or mix it with a face pack. It makes skin soft and gets rid of pigmentation.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is a blood purifier and has anti-aging and antibacterial properties. It is good for all three skin types. It can be used to brighten and moisturise skin, and also used to remove skin tan.
- Saffron: Saffron has been used to whiten skin for ages. Mix it with raw milk and olive oil for best results.
- Kumkumadi oil: Kumkumadi oil is an Ayurvedic mixture of 16 ingredients. It is good for skin whitening, removing tanning and marks from the skin.
- Carrot: Carrot is very good for vata skin type. It is an effective moisturiser. It brings much relief to chapped lips, itchy and dry skin. It makes skin smooth and youthful.
- Cucumber or cucumber seeds: Cucumbers are good coolants. It is also an effective antiseptic. It has anti-aging properties.
- Quince seed: Quince seed has anti-aging properties.
- Tulsi: Tulsi is antiseptic in nature. It is a natural toner and makes skin look fresh.
- Almond oil: Almond oil makes the skin glow and look youthful.
For optimum results, an Ayurvedic skin regime must be complemented by a healthy diet.
We live in a world where germs, pollution, dust and toxic substances co-exist. We inhale them every time as we breathe. Processed and packaged foods contain host of chemicals, trans fats, preservatives and artificial colours which increase harmful free radicals in our bodies. These free radicals are toxins and can cause a host of diseases. Our immune system is constantly working to eliminate these free radicals. Sweating is a natural way of eliminating toxins from the body. Toxins are also flushed out from our body through urine. However, a proper detoxifying diet and adequate exercise are a must to flush out these harmful elements from our bodies.
Detoxification is a process of eliminating free harmful free radicals in the body. An ideal process should be a combination of diet and exercise. The thumb rule of detoxification is to stay away from chemicals and be as natural as possible. The ayurvedic way is the best way. We have put together ten natural ways to detoxify and cleanse our body. Let’s have a look:
- Water: Drinking at least 8 to 10 glasses of water help in flushing out toxins from the body.
- Vegetable juices: Vegetable juice extracted from raw vegetables acts as a purifier for the body. Juice of tomato, beetroot, carrot, bottle gourd or cucumber is a great way to start the day.
- Sugarcane juice: Believe it or not, sugarcane juice is a natural detoxifier. Drink fresh sugarcane juice at least once a week for best results. Avoid adding salt or spice as it may interfere with detoxification process.
- Vitamin C: Vitamin C is an excellent cleanser for the body. Include citrus fruits like oranges, kiwis in your diet. Drinking plain lemon water also helps flush out toxins from the body. Fruits like papaya, water melon can flush out body toxins where as blue berries and strawberries are great antioxidants. Go ahead and try them!
- Green tea: Green tea is believed to be an excellent source of antioxidants. Sip green tea without sugar or additives to retain its natural properties.
- Sweat your toxins out: Adopt a form of exercise that induces sweat. Be it aerobics, brisk walk, a run or a dance on your favorite number. Sweating is a natural mechanism of the body to flush out impurities.
- Steam/sauna bath: Steam or Sauna baths can help eliminate toxins and leave you feeling fresh and light.
- Yoga: Yoga offers us valuable postures that help restore our body’s internal balance and aid in purification. Yoga must be adopted religiously and as a way of life to seek maximum benefits.
- Deep breathing: Every morning, devote 10 minutes for deep breathing. This is a great purification process for the body.
Adopt these natural ways and see the difference yourself!
One of the most revered modes of healing, Ayurveda is entrusted with various beneficial properties that cures a wide range of ailments. Quintessential and indigenous methods of probing into the medicinal virtues of various herbs and other natural condiments, Ayurveda is attributed with remedial qualities for a number of ailments and all this without ushering any side effect whatsoever.
One of the most frequent use of Ayurveda is found in healing allergies. Ayurveda over the centuries has emerged as a trusted recourse to take while combating an allergy. One needs to dig out the best therapies that Ayurveda has to offer in order to get rid of the stubborn annoyances that most allergies posit.
Certain people are born with lesser or nil tolerance towards certain specific particles in their immediate surroundings. On account of certain genetic predisposition, some are prone to react adversely to a few allergens. In the Ayurveda vocabulary, such a condition is designed to be caused by unstable influences. These influences may be in the form of environmental elements like dust and pollens or certain specific kinds of food items.
While the most obvious solution might be to avoid the source of such allergies, in case where the interaction with the given set of allergens is unavoidable, Ayurveda offers viable solutions. Depending on whether the reaction is mild or chronic, Ayurveda prescribes specific cure Some of the mild symptoms in these cases are sneezing, coughing, conspicuous marks, rashes, watering of nose and eyes among others. For such allergies, one of the most effective Ayurvedic remedies would be a mixture of beetroot, carrot and cucumber juice. Regular intake builds immunity and resistance power and thus, reduces the effect of such allergic reactions.
Unlike the natural allergies, certain allergies develop as the individual ages. These may be seasonal or procured sensitivities and these usually manifest certain stronger reactions. Most of the time, such allergies, known as amanita in Ayurveda terms, are associated with indigestion and imbalance in the digestive juices or dysfunction of the digestive organs. To deal with such anomalies, detoxing the body is essential. The first step to cure would be to detox the body of the allergy causing toxins.
An easy and natural remedy would blending honey and lemon in lukewarm water and drinking it regularly for a prolonged period of time. This also has additional advantages for the skin and the overall organ system. Alma based drinks or tablets could also prove beneficial to abate such acquired allergies.
No matter how well you take care of yourself, everyone catches a cold or flu at some time or the other. That’s probably the reason why it is popularly known as a ‘common’ cold. A cold on its own does not harm the body much but it leaves you feeling weakened and suppresses the immune system. Cold is a viral infection and hence is usually unresponsive to antibiotics and other medication. However, Ayurveda can help manage a cold better and speed up the recovery process.
Cough and cold can be triggered by a number of factors including a sudden drop in temperature, exposure to dust or pollen or staying in rooms with poor ventilation. Additionally, aggravating the Kapha dosha can also cause a cold or cough. When the food we eat is not digested properly, its turns into ‘ama’ that triggers cold or cough when it reaches the respiratory system. Some common ayurvedic remedies for coughs and colds are:
- Enhance your body heat: Keeping the body warm, especially the head, throat, chest and feet, is the first step to recovering from a cold. Drinking a cup of hot spiced tea or a glass of warm water mixed with 1 teaspoon of honey and 1 teaspoon of lemon juice, a few times a day, can also help. Spices like cumin, coriander and black pepper are considered heat generating spices and hence should be used liberally when preparing food.
- Vapour therapy: To recover from a cough that is accompanied by congestion, try inhaling the hot vapours of water mixed with a little eucalyptus oil. This helps dilate the bronchial tubes and unblocks the nostrils. Inhaling the vapours of water mixed with rock salt can help relieve heaviness in the head and a mild cold. Simple hot water vapours itself can even be inhaled to relieve sinusitis pain. To benefit from vapour therapy, it is essential to sit in a room without the fan on and to cover your head and the vapour source while inhaling the steam.
- Dhooma Paan: Inhaling turmeric smoke is said to have an antiseptic effect on the lungs and respiratory tract. To benefit from this therapy burn a dried root of turmeric and inhale the smoke a few times. If you do not have access to the dried root of turmeric, place a red hot piece of charcoal with a few dried leaves in a clay pot, add a heaped spoon of turmeric powder to this and blow gently till it catches fire before inhaling the smoke.
Along with curing anger and stress, yoga is also beneficial in treating osteoporosis, either by itself or in combination with different medicines. Osteoporosis is an illness described by weak and diminishing bones that can result in cracks and fractures in the bones. Some of the postures that can be helpful in treating osteoporosis are as follows:
- Utthita trikonasana: Uttihita trikonasana is an expanded triangle posture which is helpful in curing many diseases. Along with diminishing the side effects of osteoporosis, it additionally avoids soreness, increases strength and gets rid of spinal pain. Begin this posture by standing straight with your legs separated by four feet. Then, extend the arms to the ground with the palm facing downwards. Slide the left leg across the right side of your body. You need to slide it behind the left leg. Now extend your right leg towards the left side of your body. This will leave you in a sitting position. Where your right leg is placed on top of your left leg, make sure both your knees are on top of each other. Now straighten your body to an upright position.
- Ardha chandrasana: This asana is also called as the half-moon posture. This posture comes under hatha yoga and is beneficial for various medical issues, for example, osteoporosis, menstrual issues, exhaustion, sciatica and stomach-related cramps. You can practice this pose to get rid of osteoporosis and appreciate a sound body.
- Padangusthasana: This stance delicately stretches and strengthens persistently tight hamstrings.
- Adho mukha svanasana: It is one of yoga's most commonly practiced postures. Adho mukha svanasana offers a definitive wholesome, reviving stretch.
- Utthita hasta padangustasana: In this pose, keeping up the balance while standing on one foot strengthens your endurance capabilities.
- Utthita parsvakonasana: Discover the flexibility in your sides of the body from your heel to your fingertips with an extended side angle pose.
- Utthita trikonasana: It is a broadened triangle posture and is important as a standing posture in many styles of yoga.
- Ardha chandrasana: Make proper balance with your leg and the lower part of your leg as you look for strength and flexibility into this adjusting posture.
- Parivrtta parsvakonasana: This revolved side angle pose, a variation of utthita parsvakonasana requires a considerable measure of adaptability to bend flexibly and balance on the back heel.
- Uttanasana: Uttanasana will awaken your hamstrings and will help you to calm your brain.
- Urdhva dhanurasana: Urdhva dhanurasana can help in strengthening your arms, legs, abdomen and spine all at once.
- Virabhadrasana: Named after a wild warrior, an incarnation of Shiva, this adaptation of a warrior pose increases the stamina.
Yoga is one of the most secure measures and medicines for osteoporosis. It is something that anyone of any age can do at any place. The advantages are numerous and dangers are few if done properly.
Diabetes is highly common health issue in India. Your blood sugar levels increase beyond the normal levels and cause other related problems like swelling, frequent urination, nausea, heart ailments etc. Conventional drugs can only control the symptoms, but cannot help the person to completely get rid of diabetes. However, here are some suggestions from Ayurveda that can help you in treating your diabetes in a way that it will never return.
- Food habits: Try avoiding foods that are high on sugar and whatever you eat, do not eat it all at once. Eat in small portions spread over the day. Limit carbohydrate and fat intake in your diet; instead try to consume whole grain foods and vegetables.
- Lifestyle changes: Avoid alcohol, drugs and smoking. Sleep soundly and sufficiently. Maintain your body weight and take care of your health by getting routine checkups done for sugar and other possible ailments that may be underlying causes of your diabetes.
- Must Do's: Practice a healthy lifestyle by undertaking regular exercise and yoga. Practice medication and go out for a walk at least once in the day. Also, make it a habit to mix half a tablespoon of turmeric powder, 1 tablespoon of amla powder with half a tablespoon of methi seeds and consume it every day. Incorporating these habits in your lifestyle would definitely help you in getting rid of diabetes. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!