T3 Reverse test is an automated blood test to measure the level of T3 Reverse in blood. It is performed to confirm whether Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism are present. This test is also helpful during and after the treatment of Hyperthyroidism and Hypothyroidism. Also commonly known as Reverse Triiodithyroinine Blood or Reverse Triiodithyroinine. Generally, increased levels of T3-R have been found in the cases of starvation, anorexia- nervosa, severe trauma and hemorrhagic or shock, hepatic dysfunction, postoperative states, severe infection, and in burn patients.
Make sure to wear a short-sleeved shirt or a shirt with sleeves that you can easily roll up.No special preparation needed for the T - 3 reverse blood test. There’s no need to adjust your diet. You can both eat and drink normally.However, your doctor may require that you fast for a specific amount of time before the test. That’s common if the blood sample is required for additional testing. Your doctor will give you specific instructions.
The normal result obtained for T3 Reverse is T3 Reverse found between 10 - 24 ng/dL for unisex gender and for all the age groups. The T3 Reverse is seen high in patients on the following medications: propylthiouracil, ipodate, propranolol, amiodarone, dexamethasone, and the anesthetic agent halothane. Dilantin decreases T3 Reverse due to the displacement from thyroxine-binding globulin, which leads to an increase in T3 Reverse clearance. In hospitalized or sick patients with low triiodothyronine (T3) values, increased reverse triiodothyronine (rT3) values are seen normally with "sick euthyroid" syndrome.
During this test, a lab technician will draw blood from a vein, generally
from the inside of your elbow.
The lab assistant will:
1.clean your skin with an antiseptic wipe.
2.place an elastic band around your upper arm to help the vein swell
3.insert a needle in the your and collects the required amount of blood.
4.cover the area with a bandage to stop any bleeding.
5.label your sample and send it to a lab for analysis.
Reverse triiodothyronine-13C ( rT3-13C ) is added to your serum or
plasma samples as an internal standard to check for T3-R.
All age groups
10 - 24 ng/dL
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
There three major factors that can help you prevent and reverse pre- and type II diabetes: proper diet and appropriate nutritional and herbal supplementation, exercise, and weight management.
In the realm of sexual relations, Incest is one of the longing social taboos. In order to curb this social taboo, many governments have introduced law banning incest. Basically, this is a sexual relationship between those who are blood-related, which is also called as Consanguineous relationship. This is also called as Genetic Sexual Attraction (GSA) which can be between siblings, half siblings, donor children, adoptees, biological mother and father, nephew and so on. This is a social evil, and experts have some remedies so that you can deal with genetic sexual attraction.
According to an article published in Spanish Magazine AFIN in July 2013, separation of siblings for quite a long time is one of the known causes for genetic sexual attraction. At the same time, the magazine points out that there are instances that even those who are not separated have this mania of genetic sexual attraction. Some of the other interesting aspects of GSA can be explained as follows:
It is said that children who grow in close proximity since their childhood develop reverse sexual attitude or imprinting with their siblings, parents and with other consanguineous relationships. This reverse sexual attitude actually suppresses sexual desire with consanguineous relationship. This theory is also called as Westermarck Effect. This can be the pointer to the question How to deal with Genetic Sexual Attraction because consanguineous relationship separated for years may not have the Westermarck Effect.
It is pointed out that when siblings who are separated for long duration of time are sexually mature when they meet each other. In other words, they were not members of the nuclear family, and this long absence can attract each other for a closer relationship. In addition to this, the siblings are biologically and mentally so grown up that they have made their own hard imprint of their character, taste and so on. It is a combination of these factors that makes them an exception to the Westermarck effect.
Symptoms of GSA:
Extreme awareness about the other person, hard desire to stay or talk, distractible behavior, unnecessary talking, holding hands or touching or making use of every opportunity to have some kind of physical contact, daydreaming are some of the known symptoms of GSA.
One of the ideal remedies for those suffering from GSA is to seek help of appropriate medical fraternity in the earliest possible time. This is one of the most ideal approaches to deal with genetic sexual attraction. It is also suggested that you should ensure that the siblings meet at regular intervals. This can help the siblings to have Westermarck Effect. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Sexologist.
Five mintutes fitness
Today, due to the demanding professional lifestyle many working women choose to adopt dieting and various other weight loss remedies which tend to give temporary results and sometimes have an adverse effect on the mind and body.
A healthy mind and body is achieved by having right balance of proper food and regular workout. Basic alteration in the daily routine like reducing the intake of oil and fatty foods and sweets with five minutes of simple cardio exercises can bring a lot of difference and could lower the risk of health issues like breast cancer, heart problems, osteoporosis and other aliments in women.
With the increasing awareness of these and other health issues some women have managed to alter their lifestyle. But, many are still seeking a quick way to remain healthy for them; health experts have shared some quick five minute workout regimes especially for working women.
High knees: this basic and simple exercise can be done while on the move or while running in a place.
Method: step 1) stand with your feet hip-width apart.
Step 2) bring your right knee near your chest and quickly bring it back on the floor.
Step 3) now, bring your left knee near your chest and quickly bring it back on the floor.
Continue to do the alternative knees at a fast pace.
Jumping jacks: jumping jack is a full body workout. This aerobic exercise can help you get a toned body at the comfort of your home. Jumping jack improves the cardiovascular fitness of the body.
Method: step 1) stand with your feet together and hands at your sides.
Step 2) slowly, raise your arms above your head and jump to spread your feet out wide.
Step 3) reverse the movement to the start position by landing gently with your knees bent a little and repeat.
Elbow plank: planks are a cardio workout as it uses your own weight it tones the core muscles of the body by burning the calories and working your abs, arms, back muscles.
Method: step 1) get down and facing the floor resting on your forearms and knees.
Step2) slowly, push your knees and place your weight entirely on your toes and elbows. Contract the abdominal muscles and keep your back flat.
Lunges: lunges are excellent for people who want to shed those unwanted extra kilos and boost their metabolism level as well. This exercise also strengthens the cores of the lower body and helps in toning of the muscles.
Method: step 1) step forward with your right leg and slowly lower the body bending the front knee at 90 degrees.
Step 2) push yourself back to the start position and repeat the lunges with the leg.
It is important to make sure that your back must be straight and the back knee should never touch the floor while dong the lunges
Squats: it is an intensive and effective full body workout that can help in quick weight loss if done regularly. Squats help in toning and strengthen the thigh muscles. This cardio could integrate small jumps as that would burn more calories and reflect better results.
Method: step 1) stand tall with your back straight and your feet spread a width apart. Bend your knees and as you lower you upper body push your hips keeping your back erect.
Step 2) hold yourself in the same position for 15-20 seconds and then slowly push yourself back to the start position.
Increase the counts and speed as you repeat this exercise and time duration as you progress.
There are certain things to bear in mind before starting any intensive cardio exercises some of which are:
1) it is necessary to hydrate yourself with sufficient intake of water atleast an hour before starting any intensive workout as it would help in flushing out the toxins from the body and it also helps you to stay energized.
2) start with warm ups like; jogging in one place.
3) take short breaks after each exercise as it maintains the heart rate.
4) stretch your body as it helps in relaxing the body and makes it less prone to injury like muscle soreness.
Although, such intense cardio workout are good for weight loss and toning of the body. People dealing with overweight issues are advised to consult a doctor before starting any rigorous cardio exercises. Exercising is not just for those who want to lose weight. It must be adapted as a regular routine for an overall healthy living.
A heart attack occurs when the flow of blood to the heart is blocked, often by a buildup of fat, cholesterol, and other substances, forming a plaque in the arteries. If blood flow is not restored quickly, the section of heart muscle begins to die, starving for oxygen. This causes a heart attack. A heart attack can also be caused by the rupture of the coronary artery. During a coronary rupture, the coronary arteries get restricted, reducing blood supply to the heart muscle.
Each coronary artery supplies blood to a region of the heart muscle.
Extent of damage to the heart muscle depends on the area supplied by the blocked artery and time between injury and treatment. Making some changes in your diet; how consistently you exercise; how much you weigh and how you manage stress can help you to recover from a heart disease quickly.
1. : It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combat increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400 mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. : Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5.: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. : These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. : Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
9. : Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. : To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.