Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 48 years old male. For last few years I had been getting over weight. I am 173 cms tall and weigh 101kg. The weight is mainly on stomach. Now the stomach is so big that size 46 shirts will only fir for me. My chest hands etc are normal. Inspite of no regular drinking for past 2 years the stomach is not reducing. As I have some arthritis heavy joint pains prevent me from normal exercise like walking running etc. I am taking medicine to reduce uric acid. Which little bit over the allowable limit. Now for last 2 years I am not getting proper erection during sexual activity. Kindly help me to attain normalcy. I do not smoke. I have 2 0r 3 peg brandy once or twice a month at weekends. I am a non-veg. I have a borderline bp and cholesterol. Please advise me of how to come out of this situation and lead normal life.

1 Doctor Answered
according to my calculations, your bmi (body mass index) is coming to be over 40 kg/m2 which means that you have morbid obesity. In this case, you have to reduce at least 25-30 kgs of weight in order to come within the healthy range. The best option for you would be bariatric surgery (weight loss surgery) which would not only result in long term and effective weight loss but also reduce the risk of obesity related diseases like diabetes, hypertension, etc. The decrease in sexual potency may also be the result of obesity which causes hormonal imbalance in the body which would be corrected after losing adequate weight.
3 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.