Hormonal fluctuations may occur during puberty, menopause and perimenopause or by certain toxins and an unhealthy lifestyle. Hormonal balance is associated with the food you eat, the exercises you perform, the toxins that are absorbed and the regular stress level. The noticeable symptoms of hormonal imbalance include persistent weight gain, low libido, fatigue, anxiety, irritability and depression, sleep disorders, digestive problems and belly problems. Hormonal balance is responsible for everyday health and well-being.
HOW IS HORMONAL IMBALANCE DIAGNOSED?
In the latter part of female reproductive life phase, there is a decline in progesterone levels.
Produced in the endocrine glands, hormones are chemical messengers of the body which affect our daily activities like walking, running, playing and sleeping. Decrease in female sex hormones-oestrogen, cause hormonal imbalances which can occur during puberty, pregnancy and menopause. Menopause is defined as the end of the menstrual cycle and fertility. However it does not affect her wellbeing at all. It generally occurs at the age of 51 or 52 and the menopause symptoms can last maximum for 4 years. Oestrogen and progesterone are the two female producing hormones existing in a very delicate manner and any change in their levels can result in menopause symptoms. Factors such as lifestyle habits, eating habits, exercise affects the amount of these hormones. Given below are some menopause symptoms which are normally caused by distortion in the hormonal level.
• Irregular periods is one of the first menopause symptoms. You might experience heavy or light periods. Your period might occur twice or thrice a month or even last for 20 days.
• Sudden feelings of hotness in the neck and chest
• Redness of the cheek and excessive sweating
• Irritable feeling during the day
• One major menopause symptoms is decreased libido
• Vaginal dryness
• Discomfort and pain along with other menopause symptoms
• Anxiety attacks and mood swings are also a common menopause symptoms
Menopause symptoms varies from person to person. Some may experience all or none of the above symptoms. Menopause can result due to hysterectomy, production of less oestrogen and progesterone, chemotherapy and other therapies as well as ovarian insufficiency. Menopause symptoms usually cause no harm to the body and menopause treatments only provide relief from the symptoms. Following are the few menopause treatments which also helps in hormonal imbalance treatment.
• The most common treatment is hormone therapy. This therapy helps to replace the deficient hormones in the body. There are mainly two types of hormone therapy or hormone replacement therapy- combined hormone replacement therapy and oestrogen therapy. Available in tablets and gels, it is extremely effective in eliminating all menopausal symptoms along with hormonal imbalances.
• Healthy diet, regular exercise and rest can help in reducing anxiety attacks and mood swings
• One common problem is decreased sexual desire which can be increased by hormone replacement therapy and also testosterone supplements
• Weak bones and osteoporosis is the next menopause symptom which can be relieved through proper exercise, cutting down on smoking and alcohol, eating healthy and also taking hormone therapies
Some other alternatives to treat menopause symptoms are as follows:
• Phytoestrogens- certain foods containing phytoestrogens prove effective in relieving from menopause symptoms and also balance the hormone level
• Bioidentical hormones- body lacking in the reproductive hormones can be replaced by foods containing bioidentical hormones
• Yoga- yoga is a very effective way in balancing the hormonal levels
• Acupuncture- acupuncture is a temporary way to reduce the menopause symptoms
Lybrate offers you a great chance to consult with the best gynaecologists. Find top common gynaecologists in Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad etc.