Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

Give me advice to lose weight, I have undergone hysterectomy after which my weight gone upto plus 10 kgs. I'm a working women. Not much time for workout so can go for walk half an hour. Pls advice veg diet to loose weight.

This is the period for you where you will face hormonal changes and weight issues too. Weight loss might be slow. You can try losing weight yourself but you can seek professional help if you desire. To start with avoid simple sugars as far as possible like sugar, jaggery, honey, sweets, candies, chocolates, cold drinks etc. 'Eat Out' less, avoid junk and have good quantity of fresh foods which are not processed like fruits, vegetables, soups, salads, nuts, low fat milk, curd etc. Combine these dietary changes with 30 mins to one hour play/walk / exercise. Its difficult to draft a diet chart here which is tailored to meet your requirements. If you need us to help you with proper customised Diet plans for weight loss, you can opt for our online program or contact us through Lybrate' private consult'
Post hysterectomy, weight will surely go up due to hormonal changes that the body undergoes. I would need a detailed diet recall of what you eat from morning to night. Meanwhile to start with work on these few things for sure. First is to eat small meals at regular intervals for better metabolism and secondly to have complex carbohydrates over simple carbohydrates such as bajra Jowar Ragi oats and thirdly add low fat dairy in the diet for protein such as skim curd, skim yoghurt or skim paneer for higher metabolism. Fourthly also add omega 3 fats in terms of flaxseeds powder and walnuts to help a anti inflammatory effects to start seeing fat loss.