Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Best
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpa Bansal Agrawal to be very helpful. Thq madm
Thanks for the advice.
Pls help Maine first bar sex keya h period kitne hone k 4 din baad ab mere stomach m pain kyu ho raha h kya ye pregnant ke chance h kya.
Which test should I undergo to find out whether I am suffering from pcod. My periods are regular but have excess hair on chin which is one of the symptoms of pcod so wanted to know which test should I undergo. What r the natural ways to overcome pcod.
I am 24 years married female and I am 1 month pregnant and I don't want to take it continue. But when I visited clinic Gyno Dr. advised me that never go for abortion because it is your first pregnancy so please continue it if you don't continue it you may face problem in future. So my question is this is it true or doubtful ?Please advise.
I am pcod patient. Can you please tell me where is the pcod pain occurs and pregnancy pain .I m so tried .I cannot guess which pain is this.
I am 35 years old. I am suffer from white discharge long time. Now I hv many problems like joint pain, back pain, hair fall, low immunity, stress and so on. So. SIR, please give me some advice.
Hymenoplasty is also known as hymen surgery. It is a surgical procedure where the hymen within the vagina is restored. The Hymen is a membrane covering the vaginal opening, which can be torn when a woman engages in coitus for the first time or it could be damaged due to other factors such as heavy lifting, exercise, cycling, swimming among many other activities. Hymenoplasty involves putting back the hymen’s torn edges to make it look like the hymen is intact.
Why do women want hymen reconstruction?
A woman would want a hymen reconstruction surgery for a number of reasons. They are:
- Religious reasons: In certain cultures, a woman’s hymen is inspected to make sure she has not engaged in coitus in the past. Virginity is valued highly is such places and if the woman is not a virgin, she may have to face social or even legal ramifications.
- In case of rape or sexual assault victims: In some cases, a rape victim may undergo this surgery to empower herself and feel mentally peaceful.
- Hymen related injuries: Certain factors like heavy exercise or sexual intercourse can cause rupture of the hymen which may cause bleeding, infections or other complications. A woman may want to rectify this with the help of this surgery.
The entire surgical process lasts for about 45-60 minutes. The surgery is carried out in an outpatient setting under general anesthesia. The torn skin membranes are rejoined using dissolvable stitches so that scaring is minimal.
This procedure can be carried out in three ways
1. Joining the torn edges with stitches.
2. An artificial membrane is placed in the area whose function is to behave as an artificial hymen. This hymen however, does not have any blood supply, so a capsule that contains blood can be placed with it.
3. A flap is taken from the vaginal lining, which is used to create a functional hymen with proper blood supply.
4. You can return to your work in about 2-3 days after the surgery. However, the entire healing process takes around two months.
The procedure caries some risks that you should be aware of, they are -
1. Bleeding: Some bleeding is normal after the procedure, but any prolonged case of bleeding may indicate a complication.
2. Infection: Like all surgeries, you may have infections in the concerned area. The doctor may prescribe antibiotics to deal with these infections.
3. Narrowing of the vaginal opening: In some cases, the vaginal opening can become narrow after the procedure. This however, can be resolved without the need for any treatment as it may become wider on its own over time. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
An infection in a woman’s reproductive organ is characterized by pain, discomfort, itching, burning sensations and a foul smell. Even normally, a women’s reproductive organ creates a discharge which is a clear liquid but slightly cloudy. However, when this discharge becomes abnormal and has a foul smell, it could be a tell tale sign for a vaginal infection.
Symptoms of Vaginal Discharge:
Your vaginal discharge is heavier than usual.
The smell seems different and can be quite offensive.
The color of your vaginal discharge may also change.
Your vagina can swell and become sore.
Itching and burning sensations are also felt.
Sex is extremely uncomfortable and painful.
What causes a vaginal infection?
Sometimes vaginal discharges happen due to an allergic reaction or irritation caused by the use of products such as vaginal douches and creams.
Vaginal infections which are not contagious in nature can be caused by detergents, fabric softeners, perfumed soaps and vaginal sprays which may change the natural, chemical and bacterial balance of the organ.
Vaginal infections are also quite commonly caused by sexually transmitted diseases such as gonorrhea, Chlamydia, trichomoniasis, human papillomavirus (HPV) and herpes among others.
How can you prevent vaginal infections?
Keep your genital area dry and clean – Every time you have a bath, clean your vagina with water and don’t use chemical or vaginal washes which can only make things worse. Vaginal infections can also occur due to the disturbance of the ph level (the balance of alkaline and acidic chemicals) in your vagina. Thus use only water to wash and maintain general hygiene.
Avoid wearing underwear made out of nylon and synthetic material – These materials trap heat and moisture in your vagina and can make them smelly and itchy. Cotton underwear is recommended to prevent vaginal infections and also for general health.
Eating yogurt or other pro-biotics can prevent vaginal infection – Any healthy vagina has a balance of many forms of bacteria and fungus. If you have pro-biotics such as plain yoghurts or other specially formulated foods, then it will help maintain the balance and prevent infections from happening.
Use condoms – Always use either a female condom or ask your partner to use a male condom before engaging in intercourse. This will prevent the passing of sexually transmitted diseases which are a leading cause of vaginal infections.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult the doctor and ask a free question.