Super Foods for Diabetics!
Good evening everyone. I am Divya Gandhi. I am owner and dietician at Diet and Cure. Today, I am going to talk about certain things including Diabetes.
As you know, this is a very common disease which even people and kids are suffering from. So, how to prevent and cure this disease? There are four things which people generally take in a day, first is chapatti, second are vegetables, third are fruits and the last is oil. So, we will start with chapattis, person who is diabetic or is at risk of diabetes, should be taking a chapatti which contains barley, which we call as “jaw” in hindi. Barley and kala chana aata roti, this works in your carbohydrate metabolism and reduces the glucose levels in the blood. Secondly, we talk about vegetables. People come to me and ask me what all vegetables are allowed in diabetes. Apart from starch you can ideally take all the vegetables. Vegetables which are not allowed are potatoes, jackfruit and arbi.
But one thing that matters the most is the method of cooking these vegetables. One should not overcook the vegetables for example you should not pressure cooker the vegetables, the softer the vegetables the more glucose intake it will be in your blood. Third, we talk about fruit, though it depends on the sugar levels which fruits are allowed but there are two fruits which are completely safe that is jamun and guava. These two fruits can be taken in any quantity for a person who is suffering from diabetes. Fourth is fat, fat is generally should be avoided for a person suffering from diabetes however, it should not be completely off from your diet. Oil should not float on the vegetables. It should be what is required for cooking.
Now, we will talk about the herbs which also help to control the sugar levels.
- Number 1 is karela and jamun powder, both these things if taken together half an hour before your meal can act as a diabetic medicine and will reduce the blood sugar levels.
- Secondly, fenugreek seeds water which is generally also called methi dana which if we soak it in water for about ¼th teaspoon at night and consume the water along with the seeds next morning can reduce the blood sugar levels.
- Third, is the barley seeds water, if we soak barley seeds in a bottle of water, about 1 teaspoon of barley in water and consume that water every day it will help in carbohydrate metabolism plus barley seeds are cold in potency, it will give your body a little bit of hydration during this weather.
So, this is all I wanted to tell about diabetes, lastly I would like to thank all of you for contacting me through lybrate.read more
Hi, I am Divya Gandhi. I am owner of Diet N Cure, I’m a dietician. Today we will talk about PCOD which is a very common condition which females are suffering these days.
Now, what exactly is PCOD?
PCOD is a hormonal imbalance which can cause a number of things like insulin resistance, it can cause hirsutism plus it can cause changes in your menstruation cycle. Females who are married they can face some problem in conception as well. Now the point is what kind of diet one needs to take when a person is suffering from this kind of condition. Generally, people say that the diet should be less in carbohydrate. Do not carbohydrate; just take good amount of protein and less of fat which is wrong. Carbohydrate can be taken in PCOD but at the same time it should not be a simple carbohydrate. It should be complex carbohydrate like if you want to eat pasta, you can have whole wheat pasta, you can take wheat bran. Instead of cornflakes you can have bran flakes. Instead of white bread or refined bread you can have brown bread or multigrain bread. Plus instead of taking the wheat flour you can add a little bit of whole wheat bran to it to make it little fibrous.
Now, we talk about the fat part.
Person who is suffering from PCOD is at risk of having diabetes. So we need to cut down on the fat intake. For example instead of cooking everything in desi ghee or butter you need o switch to canola or olive oil. Plus any kind of table salt should be restricted. Because salt intake can also increase your weight. Now, we come to protein, when we are on a diet we need to put emphasis on protein. We need to give at least 1.5 gram of your body weight, ideal body weight of protein. For example, if a person is 70 kg, the person needs at least 70 gram of protein in a day; to lose weight and to give a better inch loss. Apart from it if we talk about the kitchen herbs in PCOD, there are two herbs that can act like a wonder thing.
One is leaves of the Ashok plant. What you need to do, you need to take two-three leaves and boil it in a pot, reduce the water to half, strain it, add little bit of lemon to it and consume. If you take this water approximately a month or two, I can assure you that the condition of PCOD will be better and it may get controlled. Second you can take coriander water, what you need to do, you just need to soak handful of coriander leaves overnight in a glass of water. The next morning, strain it, add a little bit of lemon so that it will detoxify you as well as drink it the next morning. So, if you want to get rid of this PCOD, these kinds of tips, you need to follow it even if a girl is not started with the menarche. So that in future you will not face any kind of problem.
If you want to talk to me or if you want to take consultation from me then you can always contact me through Lybrate.read more
Hi. I’m Divya Gandhi. I’m owner of diet and cure. I’m running this clinic for 4 years now. I deal with weight gain, weight loss and therapeutic diet.
The first thing that comes into the mind when a person says ‘I’m on diet’ means that I’m starving. However, this is a misconception. People think that dieting means that they are keeping themselves away from all the delicious foods or may be they are just eating fruits and vegetables. however, dieting means that you are eating the right combination of foods at the right time.
There are a lot of people who come and they complain of high cholesterol levels and diabetes. I don’t say I cure them, but yes, there are lot of people who can control their sugar levels and cholesterol levels merely through diet. 60% of females that I deal with suffer from a very common metabolic disorder, which is PCOD.
What are the symptoms of PCOD?
PCOD is basically a weight gain, missing the monthly cycles or may be problem in conception. People say what exactly should be eaten. I would say that you need to avoid certain things and eat the complex carbs like, you need to be more on oats and dahlia, or may be at times, completely on the gluten free diet because it decreases your fat deposition.
Apart from it, avoiding fats completely is not practically possible, so we can have healthy fats as well. Like, we can have coconut oil, we can have olive oil, and then not taking any sugary product, sugary products like cakes, cupcakes, pancakes and things like that. There are certain other kitchen herbs also, which help in treating PCOD like cinnamon powder, fenugreek seeds, anybody who is suffering from PCOD can be at risk of having insulin resistance, so one should be taking the kind of food which will take some time to digest, relying more on fruits and vegetables, complex carbs, limiting the milk product is also an important thing for PCOS, and then eating at regular intervals,. You should be taking all the meals after every 2 hours. But those meals should not be very heavy, they should be something which give you satiety, you should not be overeating because after 2 hours, you will eating your another meal. The daily food should be a pack of protein, carbs, fat, vitamins and minetals.
If you need any kind of consultation, you feel free to contact me through lybrate.
Thank you so much.read more
Doctor in Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure Clinic
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Child Nutrition Management
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Submit a review for Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
During the complete body weakness treatment program she always supported and motivated me. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best . Overnite my body weakness aggravated. Hygiene is very important, and I must say that" Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinic" was extremely clean. she is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts. I remember, I read an article of Divya Gandhi in the paper and made contact. On the very first day she identified my problem. I am so thankful that she gave me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Due to my lose weight issue i was feeling very depressed and had no hope. The lab in the divya gandhi clinic was very clean and well managed. I am so much benefitted with her treatment, that i am perfectly fine now. The nurses at there were really helpful. Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rather she has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience.she did my lose weight treatment.
I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Divya Gandhi guided me to change my attitude. The overall atmosphere in the Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinic is very soothing. Divya Gandhi has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes herreference. It was amazing, the Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinicl was so nicely made. She did my diet planning She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating.
Someone from the office, referred us that Divya Gandhi. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that my Divya Gandhi is the reason. The overall atmosphere in the Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinic is very soothing. The Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinic is designed in such a way that every patient feels at ease. She ensures that she listens to her patients. i took a gain weight treatment
I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Dr.Divya Gandhi guided me to change my attitude. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. she gave me the best diet chart. It was an amazing experience as everyone in the Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinic is so nice. Not only she is very calm and composed, but is also a very understanding doctor
I am so thankful that Divya Gandhi has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self. Both she and staff were very helpful. With great ease Divya Gandhi explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out. It was so quite pleasant in the Divya Gandhi's Diet N Cure clinic. she helped me in my weight managment.
She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. Dr Gandhi has expert knowledge in the field. I was having this obesity. treatment was an amazing experience as everyone in the Divya clinic is so nice. So many doctors I consulted, but her treatment was the best. I am almost my normal self post the treatment and for that my Divya Gandhi is the reason.
I needed to have weight loss and didn't know what to do. She is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. The overall atmosphere in the Divya Gandhi's clinic is very soothing. Dt.Divya Gandhi has so much knowledge that for everything my family takes her reference. As someone I knew, consulted her and they referred us.
It was an amazing experience. Best thing about the doctor is she gives personal attention to each client of her. I would recommend the doctor to each one of you who wants to reduce their weight and manage their proper diet.
It was nice as she did not make me starve, she made space for escape on diwali without gain in grams, for almost a yr with increase of 3 kgs I was able to maintain, the gain after diet was my fault and not DEFAULT
Divya Gandhi did my weight loss counselling. I am amazed that she is such a sweet doctor, even though she is so busy all the time. As someone I knew, consulted Dt. Divya Gandhi and they referred us.
One of the most caring doctors i have ever met, really humble and concerning. One of the best there is.
It was very good I loss 10 kgs in her guidance and my husband loss 11 kgs
Great! Very easy going and good results within weeks.
It was gud n satisfied experience
Superb and satisfactory
Eating right not only keeps you healthy but can also make you look prettier and give you clearer skin. Given that the skin is the largest organ in the human body, it is where deficiencies are most noticeable. Here are a few foods that can enhance your looks.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is packed with proteins and amino acids that help repair skin cells and keep your skin looking fresh. Amino acids also help banish dark circles that may appear after a long night.
- Kidney beans: Kidney beans and legumes are packed with proteins that help repair cell damage caused by free radicals. They also help break down amino acids that can then boost collagen production and help in the repair and regeneration of skin cells.
- Pomegranates: These fruits are rich sources of anti-oxidants and help get rid of toxins from the body. They are also responsible for increasing the body’s production of collagen. By boosting collagen levels, pomegranates help slow down the aging process.
- Avocados: This green fruit can be both eaten and applied on the face to benefit from it. It is a rich source of biotin that helps prevent brittle nails and hair and keeps skin well moisturized. When applied as a face mask, avocados can also hydrate parched skin.
- Green tea: Green tea is rich in polyphenols that help eradicate free radicals from the body and slow down the aging process. It’s anti-oxidant properties also keep skin elastic and prevent sagging, fine lines, wrinkles and heal the damage caused by sunspots.
- Tomatoes: Tomatoes are rich in lycopene and are considered to be a high carotenoid fruit which helps prevents sunburn and relieves the damage caused by excessive exposure to the sun. Tomatoes can also slow down the cellular damage caused by free radicals.
- Salmon: Salmon is packed with Omega-3 fatty acids that help fight stress and the effects of stress. The astaxanthin present in salmon improves the elasticity of skin thus keeping it firm and preventing fine lines and wrinkles.
- Walnuts: For vegetarians, walnuts are an excellent alternative to salmon. They are rich in omega 3 fatty acids that helps keep the skin looking youthful and add shine to your hair.
- Water: Hydrating the skin from inside and outside is essential. Water helps the skin maintain its tautness and elasticity and prevents drying and premature signs of aging. Water also helps transport essential nutrients to the skin. Apart from drinking water it is also beneficial to eat foods with a high water content such as cucumbers and watermelon to benefit from the hydrating properties of water.
- Oysters: Oysters are rich in zinc that helps regulate oil production in the skin. In turn this makes the skin less prone to acne breakouts and other such skin irregularities.
Our digestive system is made up of a complex set up of organs, enzymes, secretions and much more. In order to ensure that they all function in tandem with each other so that our digestion works properly, we need to take many measures. Solid food and liquids both go hand in hand when it comes to digesting your food properly. Water is one of the main elements that one must ingest regularly during the day so that the body remains hydrated and the stool also softens. It is also a digestive aid. Yet, there are two varied schools of thought when it comes to drinking water during one’s meals. While some people say that it is good, there are others who say that it should not be practiced. So let us find out whether having water during your meals is a good thing or not.
- Stomach Acids: If we are to look at water during a meal from the perspective of our stomach acids, then most doctors will tell you that there is no problem in having water with your food. The main doubt here is whether or not the acidic fluid flowing through our stomach may become too diluted with the consumption of water. However, this does not happen. Various medical studies conducted by reliable hospitals and sources under a controlled environment have shown that the stomach’s oH balance is not affected by the consumption of water during a meal.
- Digestive Process: While the stomach acids may not suffer due to consumption of water during a meal, there are other schools of thought where people refrain from drinking water with food so that better digestion may be achieved. But this is also not entirely true. Digestion is well-known for being a complicated process where many elements need to work together for its proper functioning. This function includes a comfortable and healthy body and state of mind after one has a meal. Therefore, it is more important to have the right kind of food at the right time in a proper environment instead of rushing through one’s meals and eating junk all the time.
- Constipation and Overeating: Drinking water during the meal can help in curbing constipation as it helps in softening the stool. It also helps in clearing the food from the digestive track in a better and timely manner so that the toxins and stool do not remain there. This is due to the fact that drinking water during meals keeps the digestive track well-lubricated. Also, when you drink water with your meals, you tend to avoid overeating as water fills up substantial portion your stomach. Further, water has important nutrients that can suffice for your nutritional requirements along with food.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
The raw food diet has gained traction over the last few years and a growing number of people are trying this diet. The raw food diet has great fitness benefits as includes eating unprocessed, unfrozen food. The raw food consumed as part of this diet is never exposed to a temperature greater than 115 degrees. While the diet requires a great amount of motivation to continue, it yields great results over the long term.
Here is a list of benefits that could be obtained from consuming raw foods:
- Increase in the consumption of fruit: The whole raw food regime consists of consuming lots of fruits. Fruits are rich in vitamins, minerals and a lot of vital nutrients that are essential for the body. It keeps the body energized, helps in digestion, replenishes the body and controls the appetite. Being rich in fiber, fruits can help in weight loss and regularize bowel movement.
- Increase the consumption of vegetables: Vegetables provide low protein and loads of minerals to the diet. Leafy green vegetables such as spinach, kale, carrots, beans etc. can aid muscle growth and repair. Raw food in the form of vegetables can ensure adequate nutrients for the body.
- Balancing nutrition: Contrary to common belief, the raw food diet has the exact quantity of carbohydrate, protein, and fat that accounts for a healthy and balanced diet. There are ample choices available to balance the nutrition in each category. Raw vegetables can make the body feel light and clean.
- Simple carbohydrates: The raw diet consisting of fruits, vegetables, and other plant-based foods can be easily broken down and digested by the body. This helps the digestive system to work effortlessly. Consumption of processed foods, on the other hand, takes a lot of effort by the body to break down into simpler particles.
- Good for heart: The raw food diet is extremely beneficial for the heart. Owing to its low-sodium, low-cholesterol content, raw food can reduce the risk of a person contracting complicated cardiovascular diseases. It also allows the heart to pump normally and spread oxygen equally to every part of the body.
- Retain vitamins: Most food items lose their vitamins once they are heated, frozen or cooked. Raw food, on the other hand, can keep the vitamin content intact and deliver the exact quantity of vitamins to the body.
- No measuring of calories: This is perhaps the best part of the raw food diet. As long as the diet is raw, a person can have as much food as he wants. Calorie counting is something that one need not worry about when it comes to the raw food diet. Furthermore, the body can easily digest it too.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
Do you know not all foods can be consumed on an empty stomach? So, it is imperative you should be aware of such items and restructure your breakfast menu accordingly. Here is a list of foods to avoid on an empty stomach. Stay away from the following foods when you eat after a considerable gap
- Citrus fruits: Citrus fruits contain fruit acids. When these acids enter an empty stomach, they can lead to heartburn. Hence, if eaten after a prolonged period after a meal, a person is at risk of gastritis and stomach ulcers.
- Soda: Consuming cold soda drinks on an empty stomach may cause damage to the mucosal membrane while reducing blood flow to the stomach. This may lead to a slowed down digestive process and difficulty in the abdomen.
- Spicy foods: Spicy foods are known to cause irritation and damage to the digestive tract, and this is especially not recommended for people who suffer from acid reflux issues since very spicy food leads to consequences such as acid reflux in the food pipe.
- Cucumber and other green vegetables: Green vegetables and cucumber are rich in amino acids. If consumed on an empty stomach it may very well lead to pain and bitterness in the upper abdomen.
- Tomato: Tomato is a fruit containing high levels of tannin. Tannin causes acidity in an empty stomach and leads to consequences and appearance of gastritis if frequently consumed in such a manner.
- Fermented milk products: Fermented milk products such as yogurt typically come with loads of health benefits being full of probiotics. But if consumed on an empty stomach it can interfere with the balance of healthy bacteria as the hydrochloric acid produced tends to be destructive.
- Sweets: Items such as candy or sweetmeats contain high levels of sugar and cause a sudden and sharp surge of insulin levels in the blood. Over a long period, this has a bad effect on the pancreas.
- Products containing yeast: Edible items such as biscuits, puff pastry, vinegar and beverages such as beer and wine contain yeast which can significantly irritate the stomach and cause bloating.
So, be a little conscious and avoid consuming these items on an empty stomach since a little effort goes a long way.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
An unhealthy diet is an absolute no in daily life to remain healthy, fit and without any disease. Unhealthy diets fail to give the body the correct amounts and varieties of proteins and nutrients for a maximum proper health.
Too many intakes of calories lead to an unhealthy diet, which also increases blood pressure. It leads to a very poor calorie ratio-to-nutrient that leads to gain weight and also leads to malnutrition along with various health problems. Unhealthy diets cause chronic disease, hypertension, cancer, diabetes, osteoporosis and cardiovascular disease.
Therefore, unhealthy eating habits should be avoided and strongly abandoned.
Why Avoid Unhealthy Diet?
- It causes obesity. Increased intake of nutrient-dense foods like fruits, sugar, processed carbohydrates and animal fat leads to obesity.
- Nutrient deficiency is another harmful effect of following an unhealthy diet.
- Illness is another factor. Poor intake of nutrition leads to diseases like heart disease, diabetes, and cancer. Lack of calcium weakens the bones, lack of vitamin A and C suppress the body immune system leaving a person vulnerable to diseases.
- Increases the risk of coronary artery disease as unhealthy diet contributes to building up of plaque in the coronary arteries which can cause heart attacks.
Coronary Heart Disease - A Serious Issue!
It is a disease which leads to plaque building inside the coronary arteries, which supply rich oxygen blood to the human heart muscle. Over time the plaques either hardened or get ruptured and hardened plaque restricts the coronary arteries, which reduce the oxygen flow to the heart. On the other hand, if the plaque is ruptured blood is formed on its surface which also narrows the coronary artery and restricts the blood flow. And if the blood flow is blocked or reduced, then it might lead to Angina and heart attacks leading to loss of life. Angina causes chest pain it can also cause pain in the neck, back or arms. It is a state where one gets a feeling of indigestion.
Changes in lifestyle, eating habits, intake of medicines and its procedures helps to prevent this disease. These steps can also reduce the chances of health problems. Therefore, a proper healthy diet is a must in a person’s routine because it serves as one of the links to coronary heart diseases. In order to live long, live healthily and live happily one needs to adopt a good eating habit, take care of the medicines they intake, certain input time of exercise, change the monotonous lifestyle to lessen down the chances of their occurrence. Adopting healthy food habits also enables the body to fight against diseases and infections, reducing the rate of illness. It also reduces stress and provides a good healthy and happy life.
The bones are a porous matrix which is filled with minerals like calcium and phosphorus which make them strong. Over a period of time, the mineral content is lost and therefore the matrix gets brittle. Bones are more likely to fracture in these people.
- The bones get fragile and brittle with age in most people, and people over 60 years of age are likely to be affected
- Asian women about the age of 45 are prone to osteoporosis
- Reduced vitamin D intake (either by sun exposure or through diet) also makes bone porous and prone to fracture
- Sedentary lifestyle with minimal or no exercise
- Lower levels of estrogen, especially post menopause
- Cigarette smoking
- Reduced testosterone levels
- With fracture, there is severe pain, loss of mobility, and need for prolonged nursing.
Foods which can help control/prevent osteoporosis:
- Yoghurt: Derived from milk, it is rich in animal protein and also contains good amounts of vitamin D and B2, calcium, phosphorus, and magnesium. It helps in maintaining estrogen levels during menopause, thereby preventing osteoporosis. They also provide a good supply of gut bacteria, which improves immunity.
- Milk: Similar to yoghurt, this is also rich in various minerals that are essential for bone health. The vitamin D in it also improves calcium absorption, thereby prolonging the occurrence of osteoporosis.
- Fish and meat: Lean meat and fish are good sources of oils and protein and form an essential part of diet for preventing osteoporosis. Sardines and salmon are ideal as the tiny fish are rich sources of calcium.
- Eggs: This contains good amounts of natural protein, minerals, and vitamins essential for bone health. It also helps in estrogen formation, which has a bone-protective effect.
- Cabbage: Any form of cabbage is good for preventing osteoporosis. It promotes bone metabolism and has calcium which help in strong bone formation.
- Bananas: Another effective food in preventing osteoporosis, it helps improve absorption of calcium and other essential nutrients to ensure bones are formed and maintain health. It also has natural oils, potassium, and vitamins A and C in good quantity.
- Almonds: It forms an integral part of preventing osteoporosis by increasing bone density and promoting bone health. It also has good oil content, which is also essential for bone health.
- Legumes: Beans and other legumes are rich source of proteins and minerals and therefore prevent onset of osteoporosis.
- Bengal gram (chole): Another great source of various minerals and vitamins, it is very low in calories and sugar and is great to lose weight. It also improves bone health by increasing density.
Indulge yourself in these and keep osteoporosis at bay!! In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
My weight is not increasing from 3 years. Is there any problem or for my height is that corect. Or next will I gain weight?
There is no doubt about the fact that eggs are one of the most nutritious and healthy foods known to us. All over the world people include eggs as a part of their healthy breakfast diet. But, surprisingly, just like the eggs, the eggshells come with various nutrients too and do have an array of health benefits to offer. Though the majority of people tend to dispose of the eggshells once the edible parts are taken, just as the egg yolk or egg white, egg shells can be consumed too.
Let’s have a look at some of the major health benefits of having eggshells.
- Ensures overall good health: Studies have shown that the best way of consuming eggshells is in the form of powder. And by regularly adding this powder to the various foods one takes, he or she can easily safeguard their overall physical well-being. While the hyaluronic acid present in the eggshells can make your skin glow, the other elements of the eggshells like chondroitin, collagen, and glucosamine help in alleviating joint pains and stiffness.
- Eliminates toxic components: When it comes to cleansing the blood, or eliminating harmful toxic components from it, eggshell powder can be a great solution. By having at least three glasses of eggshell powder and water mixture every day, one can effectively remove the toxic agents from the body.
- Treats thyroid glands too: You can prepare a home remedy for thyroid problems by crushing eggshells, adding lemon juice to it, storing it in the refrigerator for at least 7 days and have 1 teaspoon of it, mixed with alcoholic beverage and honey, every day in an empty stomach.
- Offers a cure to Gastric Ulcer: When it comes to the most effective natural remedies for curing gastric ulcer, the use of eggshells is of great importance. The vital nutrients that the eggshells possess make them ideal for gastric ulcer conditions. A mixture of softened eggshell powder and hot milk can cure ulcer or gastritis when taken regularly.
- Makes the bones strong: Calcium being one of the most important minerals in the body, to keep the bones strong and healthy, meeting with the daily calcium requirement of the body becomes essential. And the eggshells being among the richest sources of calcium found, including this source of pure calcium helps in making the bones stronger. Consisting of 95% calcium, the eggshells also promote healthy teeth.
As can be observed eggshells do have a significant nutritional worth in the maintaining of good health. Therefore, utilizing the eggshells for making a smooth eggshell powder instead of throwing them in the bins and adding the powder to the diet certainly offers enough potential for a steady maintenance of one's health.
Do you feel your stomach bloat after meals? If you notice, this doesn't happen after every meal? Only at times. And at other times when you eat specific foods. Well, there are foods cause your stomach to bloat, so the wise thing to do is to know about them and avoid them!
Here are a few of the biggest criminals:
1. Cold drinks: Yes, these carbonated drinks have numerous side effects on your health. One of them is that they bloat your tummy. Beer happens to fall in this category too.
2. Dairy Products: For the lactose intolerant, dairy products are almost like poison. The intolerance can be mild, moderate of severe, but one of the symptoms is gas. You can try to limit your consumption of dairy products.
3. Apples: Apples and pears are known to contain a high percentage of fiber. While they are important for us and should be eaten, if is good to know that they can affect sensitive tummies. Eat bit by bit, and if it helps, peel the skin and then eat.
4. Few Vegies: While they are excellent health foods, asparagus, cabbage and broccoli are the vegetables which cause gas in the stomach, which in turn leads to bloating of the tummy.
5. Sodium: Sodium is also another reason for bloated tummies, so it is advised to limit salt intake.
6. Fast Foods: Fast foods like sausages, fried foods, ice cream, sweetened products , etc are known to cause the belly to bloat.
7. Rice Preparations: Rice is known to swell up inside the stomach once it gets water, hence making the stomach feel bloated.
8. Hard Drinks: Alcohol is also said to add weight near the stomach and make it feel bloated. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Eating healthy is a key to an active life. It sometimes becomes difficult to choose a particular diet plan as you are not too sure about what to eat that will help you lose weight. The best way to lose weight is to eat natural foods which help in maintaining your waistline than processed foods which promise the same. Following is a list of 7 very basic natural foods which help you lose weight and also takes care of your health:
- Broccoli - Broccoli is one of the most effective foods which can help you lose weight. It contains several micronutrients and phytochemicals which aid in weight loss by breaking down fats. Broccoli is rich in dietary fiber, minerals, and vitamins and low in calories and yet satisfies your hunger. You can eat it raw, cooked or as a healthy snack. Add this green vegetable to your regular diet and hasten your weight loss process.
- Oats - Oats is a healthy addition to your diet as it high on nutrients and fiber. You should include it in the regular diet for at least 4 times a week if you want to lose weight. You can customize your serving to add more nutritional value to your meal. Avoid sugary toppings as they are high in calories and do not promote weight loss. Do not consume oats with added flavors or any other synthetic ingredients.
- Apples - Apples are low in calories and rich in fiber. It is a perfect snack which is sweet and satisfying at the same time. It not only helps you to lose weight but also effectively controls your blood cholesterol. Apples contain antioxidants which have a lot of health benefits other than aiding weight loss. Fresh apples are considered to be even more effective in this regard.
- Cabbage - Cabbage contains only 17 calories in a serving and is one of the best foods for weight loss. You can cook it in olive oil and season it with herbs and add it to your regular diet. Cabbage also helps fight cancer among its other beneficial qualities. It reduces your calorie intake and also satisfies your appetite. It also acts as a natural detox and works wonders for your overall health.
- Black beans - Black beans are one of the most satisfying proteins which you can consume during weight loss. They are rich in fiber and protein and keep you full for a long time. They contain soluble fiber which helps you fight cholesterol problems. The insoluble fiber in black beans maintains your digestive system and regulates the bowels.
- Fruit yogurt - You can see visible results if you cut down your overall calorie intake and supplement it with yogurt in your regular diet. The calcium in yogurt restricts the production of cortisol and controls your appetite. Yogurt also contains amino acids which contribute in burning fat. You can add fruits like blueberry or aloe vera to your yogurt to make it a tastier and healthier snack.
- Whole bean salad - Whole bean salad is simple to prepare and is a very healthy snack. It is filling and keeps your hunger pangs at bay. You can put bell peppers and sweet corn to add flavors and toss it in olive oil to keep it healthy. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.