Hi, I have been eating fine but I am unable to gain weight. Can you suggest a diet, which can help me gain weight fast?

- take regular meals - add carbohydrates, fats, proteins, in each meal (like in breakfast, lunch, dinner) - take in-between snacks like dry fruits, bananas, peanuts chikki. - increased intake of chappati or rice in a day
Hi lybrate-user, do you have other symptoms like tiredness, back pain, headache or as simple as hair fall? Generally, people have very fewer muscles which are directly proportional to the protein intake. Generally, people have a lot of nutritional deficiencies, so the first goal should be to deal with the nutrient deficit. To gain weight in a healthy way, consume a balanced diet with more protein-rich foods to build muscles. Since your weight is less, the amount of protein you have to take is 1 to 1.25 gm protein/kg of ideal weight from foods like whole cereals, legumes, milk and milk products, dry fruits, eggs & lean meat (for non-vegetarians). You have to take supplements also, as you can not get all the nutrients from food now. The soil has become very poor and missing in many nutrients. You can include sprouts, full cream milk & milk products, cheese, paneer frequently, peanut butter, etc in your diet. For a customized diet plan, many things should be considered including dealing with the deficiencies with food supplements - as diet is missing so many important nutrients. To plan an optimum diet, deal with deficiencies (nutrient gaps) & other concerns along with healthy weight gain.