My father is 66 years age and has thyroid third generation level 10.68. Is it dangerous? He is having thyronorm for past 2 months.

My father is 66 years age and has thyroid third generatio...
No, one has to take the medicine as prescribed by the doctor and go for regular health check up along with basic tests including thyroid tests. Leading a healthy lifestyle (exercising everyday / yoga, and eating healthy food are essential part of daily discipline and staying well.
The TSH level in your blood reveals how much T4 your pituitary gland is asking your thyroid gland to make. If your TSH levels are abnormally high, it could mean you have an underactive thyroid, or hypothyroidism. If your TSH is higher than 4.0 mU/L on repeat tests, you probably have hypothyroidism. This constant bombardment with high levels of TSH may cause the thyroid gland to become enlarged and form a goiter (termed a "compensatory goiter"). Left untreated, the symptoms of hypothyroidism will usually progress. Rarely, complications can result in severe life-threatening depression, heart failure, or coma. Natural Treatment: Soy and coffee: They may lower your body's ability to use hormone medication. Kelp and seaweed. You may have heard you should stay away from these because they're high in iodine, which can interfere with your thyroid. Kale, broccoli, spinach.
Hello, Thanks for the query. TSH 10.68 mU/L is much higher than expected level when a person is on treatment. In the younger age group it is expected to be around 3 to 4 mU/L, in the older age up to 5 to 6 mU/L is acceptable. It means current dosage of thyroxine is not enough, needs to be increased. Thanks.

Book appointment with top doctors for Hypothyroid Treatment treatment