I had operation on my humerus shaft. I had bone drafting synthetic bone and one bone from my hips taken for drafting. This happened on Monday this week. Its been 4 days. Today I saw swelling on my left arm. I know it is from operation. But I wanted to know how days more it takes to stop swelling. I have no pain currently on my arm. Please help me to understand the situation.

I had operation on my humerus shaft. I had bone drafting ...
Hi, Swelling is very common after surgery. It should subside by one week time. To decrease pain and swelling you can keep ice packet for 20 mins over the part. Keep one thin role of cloth before applying ice. Start moving your wrist and fingers more often.=
Swelling has to be evaluated. If there is collection then it needs to be taken care of. If associated with fever, then it has different management, Otherwise routine swelling after such surgery may take upto 3 weeks to settle. Better to keep in touch with your Surgeon. All the best.
Hello, Avoid any sorts of movement, Healing takes time i.e for minimum of a month up to 3 months, Take calcium in natural way, Add milk, eggs,banana, pineapple in your diet.