Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Dr. Harmesh Kapoor


Orthopedist, Delhi

18 Years Experience
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Dr. Harmesh Kapoor MS Orthopedist, Delhi
18 Years Experience
Book Appointment
Call Doctor
Submit Feedback
Report Issue
Get Help

Personal Statement

I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family....more
I'm dedicated to providing optimal health care in a relaxed environment where I treat every patients as if they were my own family.
More about Dr. Harmesh Kapoor
Dr. Harmesh Kapoor is a trusted Orthopedist in Paschim Vihar, Delhi. He has had many happy patients in his 18 years of journey as a Orthopedist. He has completed MS . You can meet Dr. Harmesh Kapoor personally at A One Hospital PVT LTD in Paschim Vihar, Delhi. Book an appointment online with Dr. Harmesh Kapoor and consult privately on has a nexus of the most experienced Orthopedists in India. You will find Orthopedists with more than 33 years of experience on You can find Orthopedists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.


MS - Army College of Medical Sciences, New Delhi - 2000
Languages spoken


Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Harmesh Kapoor

A One Hospital PVT LTD

A1/7 Nr Peera Garhi Crossing Main Rohtak Rd Paschim Vihar Delhi - 110063Delhi Get Directions
View All


View All Services

Submit Feedback

Submit a review for Dr. Harmesh Kapoor

Your feedback matters!
Write a Review

Patient Review Highlights

"Caring" 1 review "knowledgeable" 1 review "Very helpful" 1 review


Nothing posted by this doctor yet. Here are some posts by similar doctors.

I'm in 12th grade and I have pain in my ankle since 9th grade. I'm a bit fat is that the reason? also, i'm just 17 and my hair are starting to become white. What should I do?

Physiotherapist, Mumbai
Hi detailed assessment has to done it may be due to overweight or altered joint mechanism. Any do follow following points 1) make daily routine of exercise 2) do stretching exercise of lower limb 3) eat healthy and balanced diet 4) wear comfortable sports shoes do reply for private consultation and detailed treatment plan. Best wishes.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hello Doctor, I am 34 years old now, after my first delivery I got osteo otherwise problem in left hip joint and I was advised by the doctors for joint replacement operation but I didn't undergone for operation. But now I am planning to replace my hip joint, please advise if I go for this operation will I be able to walk as usual and how would be the condition after the operation will it be worst than before? Is this ok if I am not planning for hip joint replacement? Or Will it cause any major disability in future in my aging. Please advise and let me know any few example if you have seen in your career. Thanks.

Fellowship of the Royal College of Surgeons (FRCS), Membership of the Royal College of Surgeons (MRCS)
Orthopedist, Trichy
Hello Doctor,
I am 34 years old now, after my first delivery I got osteo otherwise problem in left hip joint and I wa...
Unless you have severe osteoarthritis then replacement at this age is not advisable for the following reasons - 1. The prosthesis does have a time limit and eventually it wears out (the longevity depends on the bearing surface used) and once it wears out then you will have pain and it would need revision surgery. The chances of a hip replacement done at an young age of 35 lasting for more than 7 - 10 years is very slim. Repeated revisions reduce the bone stock and also increases the complication rate. Do you have any xrays so that we can see for what problem you have been advised replacement. Unless we see the xrays we would not be able to comment appropriately.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Hot & Cold Therapy - How It Can Treat Pain?

MD-Anesthesiology, MBBS , F.I.PM, Fellow in Endoscopic Spine Surgery
Pain Management Specialist, Ahmedabad
Hot & Cold Therapy - How It Can Treat Pain?

Hot and Cold therapy is one of the most popular home remedies for any kind of joint pain or muscle sprain. In some cases applying heat therapy and cold therapy alternatively, can help relieve the pain while for others only one form of therapy is necessary. To understand what to use when, one should first understand the effect of heat and cooling on the body.

Applying a heat pack or immersing the affected limb in hot water improves blood circulation and makes the muscles more flexible. Thus, it can help relax a muscle and fasten the healing of damaged tissues. On the other hand, cold therapy or cryotherapy reduces blood flow to the affected site. This helps relieve inflammation and pain caused by it. It can also make the area feel numb by reducing nerve activity temporarily.

Types of Heat Therapy
Heat therapy can be categorized as dry heat and moist heat. Dry heat involves using saunas or dry heating packs to relieve pain. This is also known as conducted heat therapy. As the name suggests, moist heat involves the use of steamed towels, hot baths and moist heating packs. This is also known as convection heat therapy. Moist heat is usually considered more effective than dry heat.

Types of Cold Therapy
Cold therapy may be applied to a part of the body or to the entire body. This includes ice packs, coolant sprays, ice baths, ice massages and whole body, cold therapy chambers.

How to use heat and cold therapy?
The sooner heat and cold therapy is given to a person, the faster they will recover from their pains. Heat therapy can be given to a person for extended periods of time but when giving cold therapy, a person should not be exposed to a cold pack or ice bath for more than 10-15 minutes. Care should also be taken no to apply ice or a frozen pack directly on the skin as it can damage the skin and nerves.

When not to use Heat Therapy?
If the injury site is swollen or bruised, cold therapy is better than heat therapy. Heat therapy should also not be applied to an open wound. People suffering from conditions such as diabetes, dermatitis, deep vein thrombosis, vascular diseases and multiple sclerosis should also avoid heat therapy as these conditions can increase the risk of burns and other such complications. Pregnant women should also consult a doctor before using a hot tub or sauna.

When not to use Cold Therapy?
Cold therapy is avoidable for treating stiff joints and muscles. People suffering from poor circulation and sensory disorders should also avoid using cold therapy without a doctor’s supervision. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a pain management specialist.

3915 people found this helpful

I have back pain from last 1 year and stiffness and pain in legs especially in ankle and foot.

Orthopedist, Chennai
I have back pain from last 1 year and stiffness and pain in legs especially in ankle and foot.
Hi lybrate-user. Most commonly the back pain is related to bad posture and lack of exercise. Meet a physiotherapist and get an advise regarding proper posture and fillow it. Try some back strengthening exercises if pain allows. If pain persists you should consult a specialist.
5 people found this helpful

Functional & Stable Joint Replacement!

MS - Orthopaedics
Orthopedist, Bathinda
Functional & Stable Joint Replacement!

Joint pains can be a cluttered affair and believe it or not 9 out of the 10 cases have to live with the pain despite all the treatment options aiming to reduce the agony. There may be several instances where you might be coming across the term “joint replacement surgery”. No, no need to panic! We are not living in the 1960’s anymore. We are living in the age of cut throat medical innovations that is actually hard to keep up. To sum up in a layman’s turn joint replacements have become as easy as dressing a wound. 90% of the cases are carried out within few hours and the patient is required to stay not more than a day or two at the hospital. the patients no longer have to dedicate a part of our lives for the recovery. Let us have an in-depth look at it.

One shouldn't wait for the condition of knee joints to get worse and visit a well-known orthopaedic and go ahead for the procedure. Since, it involves the portion of your knee cartilage or a portion of the joint being scrapped/cut to pave way for the artificial joint parts to be attached getting the best treatment is a must. So, make no mistakes!

Knee replacement has always been a complex procedure but with the advancements in the field, the process has become much more simple and easy. Discuss the procedure in detail with your doctor and also ensure that you choose a clinic with a good reputation for such a course of action. Joint replacements in today's time last much longer and with proper maintenance and care, they can in some cases, last for a life time.

Once you have decided to go for the treatment get a detailed list of activities that can be carried out for a speedy recovery. Usually, these would involve medications and physiotherapy exercises. Also, the recovery period is minimal and once completely cured, you can get back to normal day to day activities. Do note that you go in for an authentic and established replacement center and avoid falling prey to the fly by wire clinics that have mushroomed in every street corner. Also, ensure that you choose the procedure that fits your budget and insurance plan.

Joint replacement procedures usually do not require any maintenance and if needed you might have to go for regular checkups to make sure that the joints carry on well. Choose the best clinic for the replacements and live a healthy and fruitful life. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an Orthopedist.

3686 people found this helpful

My mother is about 42 years. She's suffering from joint pain in her bones. If she is up anywhere by the help of her legs then she got many pain her bones. So Doctor ,tell me ,what should do by me.

Physiotherapist, Noida
My mother is about 42 years. She's suffering from joint pain in her bones. If she is up anywhere by the help of her l...
Quad clenches: lie flat on your back or sit upright on a chair with leg kept horizontally on another surface. Now, tighten the muscle on the front of the thigh by pushing your knee down. You should feel your thigh muscles clench, hold for 3 secs. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Short arcs: lie flat on your back or sit upright with your leg placed horizontally on a flat surface like a chair or bed. Place a rolled up towel under the knee. Pull your toes towards you and clench you thigh muscles. Slowly lift your foot up off the bed until your knee is straight (keep your knee resting on the towel). Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower them on the chair. Repeat 10 times twice a day. Straight leg raise: lie flat on your back. One leg and knee will be straight and other leg should be bent. Pull your toes towards you and tighten/clench the muscle on the front of the thigh, locking your knee straight. Lift your foot up in the air, about 6 inches off the bed. Hold for 3 secs and slowly lower the leg. The knee must remain straight the whole time you are doing this exercise.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Good Afternoon Sir, my age is 29 years old. I met with a bike accident on dated 19.03.2017 in which my right collar bone had been broken into two pieces. The doctor advised to use a sling & brace for one month with proper medicine. After one month doctor said it has been connected & also advised not to use sling & brace. Now 3.5 month has been passed. Sometimes I am feeling pain in this joint. Am I able to ride bike now? How many days required to recover fully so that I ll be able to do all those work as previously. I request you to kindly suggest on the above matter. Thanks

Bachelor of physiotherapy, MSPT (Master of Physical Therapy)
Physiotherapist, Zirakpur
Good Afternoon Sir,
 my age is 29 years old. I met with a bike accident on dated 19.03.2017 in which my right collar ...
Yes you can ride a bike but not for long distances. It will take around 3 more months to recover fully. Apply an ice pack twice a day for next one month over the fractured area for 6 minutes. You should do shoulder strengthening exercises for next one month.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

Treatments for Sciatica Pain

Fellowship in Interventional Pain management , Diploma in Anesthesia, DA, MBBS
Pain Management Specialist, Jaipur
Treatments for Sciatica Pain

Ever faced a nagging low back ache that just won't quit? You could be dealing with sciatica. Sciatica or sciatic nerve pain is not a diagnosis in itself, but is a symptom of a deeper problem. Conditions that trigger sciatica include degenerative discs, spinal stenosis, a herniated disc in the lumbar region or spondylolisthesis. Whether your sciatica pain is persistent or sporadic, it can make routine tasks difficult to perform. The good news is that there are a number of remedies to ease this pain and improve the health of your spine.

  1. Hot and cold therapy: Sciatic pain that extends down to the thighs can be relieved by alternating between a heat pack and an ice pack. Each pack can be applied for about 20 minutes at a stretch every two hours. However, this does not treat the sciatic nerve itself.
  2. Pain medications and steroid injections: Over the counter pain medication like ibuprofen or muscle relaxants can help alleviate pain and reduce inflammation. In chronic cases, epidural steroid injections may also be prescribed to address the inflammation and pain. Pain relief provided by medication and steroid injections can last for a few days or a few months depending on the person.
  3. Yoga: Sciatica patients looking for long term relief often turn towards alternative forms of treatment like yoga. Yoga helps strengthen muscles, increases flexibility and improves posture. This is more beneficial towards preventing sciatica problems from arising than treating ongoing sciatic pain. When practicing yoga with a sciatica problem, it is very important to understand your body's limitations and not over extend your back muscles.
  4. Massage: A massage that treats sciatic pain is very different from the usual massage you may get at a spa. A massage to relieve sciatic pain involves putting pressure on the inflamed part of the back and the piriformis muscle. This is the muscle that sits over the sciatic nerve and triggers sciatic pain. In most cases, 3 to 4 massage sessions at intervals of 7 to 10 days can have effective results on sciatic pain.
  5. Physical therapy: Sciatica patients often find the slightest movement extremely painful. While lying in a bad is tempting, it can actually worsen the pain. Exercise increases blood flow to the spine and helps flush out toxins. Going for a walk, light aerobics or swimming are ideal ways for a sciatica patient to exercise.
  6. Chiropractic manipulation: This involves realigning the spinal column and is an effective way of treating underlying conditions that trigger sciatic pain. These spinal adjustments should only be performed by licensed chiropractors or osteopathic physicians. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
3807 people found this helpful

When I wake up in morning I am feeling pain in my neck. Due to this I am not able to drink and eat. When I eat something it gives pain. It's like a ball in my neck.

General Physician, Cuttack
1.Take crocin 500mg one tablet sos after food upto a maximum of 3 tablets daily 2.Apply volini gel twice daily 3.Give local hot fomentation If you have recurrent attack of neck pain a)Take X ray cervical spine to exclude spondylitis and consult orthopedic specialist b)Sometimes It could be due to bad sitting or lying posture. Adopt proper sitting posture, put neck rest c) Consult for further advice .
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback

My wife is 30years old she have both kidney stones and suffering from low back pain, how can do care?

CCP, MBA, Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery (BAMS)
Ayurveda, Karnal
My wife is 30years old she have both kidney stones and suffering from low back pain, how can do care?
Kidney stones can be easily removed with the help of ayurvedic diet & lifestyle measures. Send me an ultrasound report of the stone till then, you can do the following home remedies: 1) take a equal mixture of lemon juice & olive oil 4-4 spoons 2) have a mixture of apple vinegar & honey. 3) boil two figs in a cup of water and drink it on an empty stomach early in the morning 4) drink a glass of tomato juice with a pinch of salt and pepper every morning. For backache do following home remedies: 1) mix camphor in coconut oil and boil it. Massage it followed by hot fomentation. 2) have turmeric & honey milk. 3) put a hot-water bag on back supported by a cushion. 4) add ginger while brewing your tea 5) if you are overweight, go for weight loss program 6) stay away from cold, go for hot water baths.
1 person found this helpful
Submit FeedbackFeedback
View All Feed

Near By Doctors

(72 ratings)

Dr. Jitender Pal Singh

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics
Bone and Joint Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment

Dr. Atul Kumar Garg

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, Fellowship In Arthroscopy & Arthroplasty, Advanced Life trauma Support, Diploma In Sports Injuries
Maharaja Agrasen Hospital, 
0 at clinic
Book Appointment
(109 ratings)

Dr. Rakesh Kumar

MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
MGS Hospital, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(29 ratings)

Dr. Vipul Khera

M. Ch. (Ortho), DNB (Orthopedics), Diploma In Orthopaedics (D. Ortho), MBBS
Yashasvi Bone & Joint Clinic, 
300 at clinic
Book Appointment
(10 ratings)

Dr. (Prof) Amite Pankaj Aggarwal

MBBS, MS - Orthopaedics, DNB - Orthopedics
The Joint Clinic, 
500 at clinic
Book Appointment
(43 ratings)

Dr. Ashis Acharya

Fellowship, MS - Orthopaedics, MBBS
Dermaworld Skin Institute, 
350 at clinic
Book Appointment