Hello, I am Dr Komal gundewar from artios cosmetic and laser centre. Today I am going to talk about laser hair removal there are different modalities of laser hair removal which are Diode laser, q-switched laser and IPL. It depends on which laser you are using and the laser usually affects the cores and dark hairs which are in a growth phase so multiple sessions are required for laser hair removal. It is used to remove the unwanted hairs of face leg arms bikini line etc. at the time of the procedure trimming of the hair is done and the plucking electrolysis and waxing are avoided 6 weeks before the treatment. Upper lip laser hair removal procedure takes short time and the other areas require more time. For more details and information you can contact me through lybrate.com.read more
How Botox is beneficial for your skin?
Hello I'm Dr. Komal Gundewar from RTS Cosmetic and Laser Center. Today I'm going to speak about Botox.
Botox is a botulinum toxin which is world wide FDA approved injection for treating wrinkles of face and neck. It is used to treat the frown lines and other lines which are dynamic. It is given in the intervals of 3-4 months, the effect is seen after 3-4 days. Just after the treatment you need not rub the for at least 2-3hrs and then you are fine. It's a very simple procedure, it is very less painful and you look quite younger than your actual age. This is all about Botox.
For more information, you can contact me through lybrate.com.read more
Know the procedure and benefits of Liposuction!
I'm Dr. Sagar Gundewar, a certified Plastic Surgeon practicing at RTS Plastic Surgery Center situated at Kargarh, Navi Mumbai. Today I'm going to breif you about Liposuction, its benefits and disadvantages. So basically liposuction is a precedure used for body reshaping in which through small incisions, using a tube and canola we suck out fat from your body which helps in reshaping your body. There are various mechanisms by which you can do the liposuction. One is the Standard Mechanical Liposuction in which mechanical energy is used for the lysis of the fat. Then second is the laser liposuction in which we use laser energy for liposuction. Laser energy causes lipolysis of the fat.
Then there is another way which is called the Ultraonic Liposuction in which Ultrasonic energy is used for lysis of the fat. And finally in all three mechanisms there is a suctioning of the fat. Advantage of laser and ultrasonic is that it helps in better tightening of skin as compared to mechanical liposuction, otherwise all three mechanisms act in the same way, that is they remove fat from your body and they give shape to your body. So basically the procedure is done depending on which section it has to be done on. It can either be under local anesthesia or regional anesthesia or under general anesthesia. Most of the time this procedure is done as a day care procedure and once you are admitted and you are fit to undergo surgery, you'll be anesthetized and after thatyou will be injected with a fluorescent fluid and after waiting for some time, the fat is sucked from your body. Depending on your weight, maximum around 10% of your body weight, that is if you are around 60kg then maximum 6 litres of fat can be sucked from your body at one sitting. So different regions can be done at one sitting.
We can do tummy, arms, thighs at the same sitting. Once the procedure is over you have to wear pressure garments for 6 weeks and you have to take pain killers and antibiotic for around one week time. there will be swelling and bruising in the treated part which will be slowly reduced and you will start seeing improvement in your shape by 6 weeks, which will go on improving till 6 months. So if you are targeting to look better you should have minimum target gap of 3-6 months in your hand before doing this procedure, and this is mainly for the body reshaping and not for the weight loss procedure.
If you want any more information on liposuction or body reshaping you can contact us on librate.com .read more
Know the procedure and benefits of Hair transplant!
I'm Dr. Sagar Gundewar, certified Plastic Surgeon, practicing in Navi Mumbai area at RPS Plastic and Cosmetic Surgery Center. Today I'll tell you briefly about hair transplant, it's advantages and how simple the procedure is.
Hair transplant, the basic technique is that, we take hairs from permanent zone which is called the donor zone. From there we are planting the hair to the area of baldness. There are two basic technilogies, called as FUT and FUE. In one there is a scar and a stitching, that is molecular transplantation, in which we take a hair bearing strip of skin from the scalp area and in another method we remove the hair with small punches, either .8 or .9mm punches. So, these are the basic two technologies used in hair transplantation.
The next thing is this procedure is done totally under local anesthesia and it is a completely safe procedure. There are various grades of baldness. Basically Hair transplant is suggested for Grade III and above and it is for people who are above 21yrs of age. The steps involved in the procedure are, first, we take out the follicles from the donor area that is permanent area under local anesthesia. Then next thing is we design the hairline and once hairline is designed we give the anesthesia in the front part, then we make holes in that area and implant the hairs. Post-op for around three weeks you have to take care of your hairs. For initial one week there will be pain killer antibiotics, after that you have to continue medicines for the growth of your hair. You will start seeing the results after around 3 months and the full result will come by 9 months to one year.
This is a completely safe procedure and it transforms your face and profile. For more information on hair transplant and hair loss treatment you can contact us on librate.comread more
Doctors in Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre
Patient Review Highlights
I went to Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre for a tummy tuck and due to which i look very fat. I have always been wanting to look slim and have a flat tummy. So at last i made my mind to have my tummy tuck surgery done. Now I have gone through the surgery and as a result i have a flat stomach and i look look slim now. It has increased my confidence. I will always be thankful to the doctor for the kind and helpfull behaviour.
I am a 28 years female and i was experiencing droopy breasts after breastfeeding my child. I did yoga and also several things to get back the shape of my breasts but unfortunately did not get the result i was looking for. So at last I visited Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre. The specialists have done a great job. It makes me feel confidence now. The results are amazing...
I had really nice experience after meeting the specialist as we discussed everything very properly and in details. All the treatments varries in price, however you always have a choice which is better to be chosen, I am happy to visit there and satisfied with the outcomes as well. I would like to thank for having such amazing facilities.
I was suffering from dandruff problem also my scalp was very itching and used to get very irritated bcz of that. This always frustuated me. I tried many shampoos and other remedies. And finally I visited Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre treated me and cured my problem. I am very happy and satisfied. Thank you so much
I visited for my post pregnancy to Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre for because my Shape and size of breasts changed completely & it destroyed my mood everytime. I went thrugh breast uplift surgery which was fortunately successful and made me feel more confident. Thanks for giving me my confidence back.
I had a great experience with the staff and the doctors of Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre. It was overall a nice clinic for Cosmetic Treatments. I would recommend this to all. I forgot to mention that went for Hair Transplant Surgery. It was done amazingly and i am happy with the results.
Tummy tuck always made me look fat and it always affected my confidence level. The day since i visited artius i am very happy with the results. Now i look slim and beautiful. I am really happy that i was reffered to Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre. Thank you so much
I had a nice experience the time i visited the doctor, i discuss almost every problem i was going through and that too very properly. Few treatments are high in price and few are less in price, but its nice depends up what you do,I am happy to visit there.
The doctors in Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre are so patient and well experienced. They explained the whole procedure in detail and i was really impressed. This boosted up my confidence and the results were amazing! Thank you so much.
I visited to Artius Plastic Cosmetic Skin & Laser Centre to undergo liposution and I am pleased to see the results. The doctor and his team has done a wonderful job. I would like to thank him and his team. Thankyousomuch
It's that time of the years again when you have to add the candles over your cake. only this time you've reached an age when you are wondering how many should you actually put there. Aging tends to catch up with us all, or does it? How do some people continue looking like a million bucks while others end up looking twice their age? There are several beauty and anti-aging products in the market that promise to renew you youth and wipe of the years from your face. Before you try those, take time out to try out these tips to slow aging.
To slow down aging is not only about looking young but also feeling young and having a longer, more enjoyable quality of life. A healthier and better you is definitely a younger you. Here's how you can get there:
- Water is the secret sauce: We've heard it a hundred times that having 8 glasses of water a day can do us good but this is one reason that is going to get you running to that jug in your kitchen much faster. Human body s made of 60% water and it is a key ingredient to keep our organs functioning smooth. It'll improve your digestive system, keep your bowels running up and smooth, help flush out toxins from the body and improve the moisture content in your skin which in turn will keep it soft and supple. The trick is to also know when to have water. Starting your day with a couple of glasses of luke warm water and never have it with your meals.
- Live happier: Life is a constant struggle. From unexpected changes to life-altering moments, we constantly face stress, tension and sometimes depression. Those who we know living a happy life also face the same situations. The difference is how they choose to find happiness despite facing adversities. Stress speeds up the aging process. When you are stressed, it creates an imbalance of hormones causing collateral damage. To cut down stress, spend more time doing things that make you happy. Choose a hobby like painting or stress busters like yoga and exercise.
- Eat fruits & vegetables: It is important to eat the right serving of fruits and vegetables daily, as they are rich source of vitamins and minerals and protect your skin from free radicals and cellular damage. From cucumber and tomato to fruits like papaya, each provides it own set of exfoliating benefits, which firm up your skin, improve your complexion, get rid of fine lines and slow down aging naturally.
Skin condition which is marked by red, itchy and scaly patches is known as Psoriasis. It is one of the most chronic and long lasting diseases relating to the skin.
The top five conditions that can damage the condition are listed below:
- Infections - Psoriasis also gets worsened by common infections like an earache, bronchitis, throat infection, and such others. It is highly recommended for you to consult your doctor if you have anybody infections along with psoriasis. So the doctor will be able to tell you the risk of the infection and how to go about managing it.
- Weather changes - Medical researchers have proved that psoriasis tends to grow in colder and drier conditions. It has reportedly been observed that people having psoriasis have smoother skin during summers than during winters.
- Alcohol - There is a direct link between your drinking habits and your skin health. Drinking, in general, tends to cause harm to the overall body. Skin being no exception also gets affected adversely by alcohol consumption. If you have psoriasis, then you should immediately consult your dermatologist so that he/she can assign you a daily limit for your alcohol consumption in a manner that it does not worsen the condition of your skin.
- Stress - Stress has been known generally to affect the skin in an adverse manner. Stress can cause your body to have a greater incidence of inflammation on your skin which further affects your skin disease. Your doctor can help you out with the ways to manage your stress so that it does not cause any further damage to your skin.
- Cuts and bruises -If there are any kinds of breakouts or irregularities in your skin, then it would further worsen your psoriasis. Your cut skin may lead to a flare which is known as the Koebner phenomenon in medical terminology.
A tattoo has a strong emotional association with the person having it. Commonly it is the loved ones name, idols, quotes or just anything that a person feels connected to. However, over time, it may happen that the tattoo may not hold the same relevance as it used to once upon a time. It could also lose the esthetic appeal it once held. Whatever the reason, the tattoo needs to go. While tattoos were considered something permanent, there are now ways to remove it.
While the earlier methods were crude including removing the tattooed skin and grafting new skin, sanding the area, or dermabrasion; but today with the use of laser, the process has become much simpler and convenient. Laser is now the most widely used method of removing the tattoo.
A thorough evaluation to see the extent of the tattoo, in terms of depth, size and colors, is done before planning its removal. The type, strength and sessions of lasers will depend on these factors.
During the removal, the tattooed area is focused with a handheld device that emits laser light of the desired frequency and strength. This removes the colored pigments of the tattoo without affecting the surrounding skin. Different wavelengths of light are used to remove different pigments, which get broken down. These pigments are then washed out from the body as wastes.
Depending on the size and colors used in the tattoo, more than one sitting may be required. For large ones, up to 6 to 8 months may be required for complete removal. A minimum of 4 weeks gap is required between two sittings, allowing sufficient time for the skin to heal.
Professional vs Amateur Tattoos-
Professional applied tattoos penetrate deeper into the skin at uniform levels which can make it easier to treat, but not always, as the ink is usually more dense. Amateur tattoos are often applied with an uneven hand which can make the removal challenging but overall they are easier to remove.
Risks and Side Effects:
There are a handful of symptoms you might see post-treatment. Among them are blisters, swelling, raising of the tattoo, pinpoint bleeding, redness, and/or temporary darkening. Not to worry, though. These are common and usually subside within one to two weeks. If they don't, talk to your doctor.
- The way getting tattoo caused some pain, the removal will also cause some pain. Topical or local anaesthesia is used to make it comfortable.
- Not just the tattoo pigment but also some of the natural skin pigment is lost, so the skin can become lighter or darker than the surrounding skin.
- In some cases, there could be some scarring. The scar will get better and can be treated after tattoo laser sessions.
So, if you thought a tattoo is forever, it is not so. Go ahead and plan for its removal, of course after understanding what it entails. If there is any tattoo on your body which you no longer like, meet your dermatologist for consultation and then laser to make that undesired ink fade!!
Are you tired of those acne and pimple marks which keep popping up on your face and do not let you boast of that flawless skin? Acne and acne marks are both very irritating as these hide the beauty of your skin. But there are many methods in which you can use to remove your acne and pimple marks without much ado. While many ointments and chemicals are available in the market, at times simple home remedies are also equally effective. Here are ten effective ways to remove your acne marks.
Aloe Vera Gel: Fresh Aloe Vera gel helps the affected region to cool down and the marks to fade in no time. Apply aloe Vera gel every day and leave it overnight for best results. These are available in pharmacies and chemists but it is best to get fresh and organic ones to apply onto your skin.
Baking Soda: Baking soda exfoliates and cleanses the skin. Apart from its various uses in cooking, baking soda also helps in removing scar marks naturally.
Coconut Oil: Coconut oil can be applied directly in the affected region. It acts as a natural cleanser due to the various vitamins present in it. However, in case you find the oil too heavy for your skin, you can wash it away after keeping it for thirty minutes. Else, it can be worn as the skin absorbs it naturally.
Cucumber: There is a reason cucumber is used in facials all over the world. Apart from hydrating the skin, it also makes sure that the vitamins are absorbed by the skin to keep it fresh, moist and healthy. You can cut cucumber chunks and leave them on the affected area for sometime and rinse your face with cold water.
Honey: Honey might be a bit sticky on your skin but it gives best results when applied daily on the acne scars. However, you must use organic and fresh honey and not the processed one available in supermarkets.
Lemon Juice: Lemon juice can be applied once or twice a day for as long it takes to heal the scar marks.
Potato Juice: Potato juice is a natural healer. Cut a few chunks and press them against the infected area for thirty minutes everyday. You would be scarless in no time.
Vitamin E Capsules: Vitamin E capsules can be punctured and the oil directly used against the acne scars.
Rosehip Seed Oil: Rosehip Seed Oil is readily available in the market and helps to heal your skin fast.
Thus, these are ten quick remedies that would help you to get rid of those acne scars and produce flawless glowing skin.
While a thick layer of hair on your head is a much sought after feature for men and women, body hair may often become a source of embarrassment. While women have been known for ages to remove hair off themselves for a smoother and more appealing look, men have also come to the fore in the recent years. Man-scaping is fast becoming as essential part of men’s grooming.
Options for unwanted hair removal
While a razor is man’s best friend in most regards, it cannot simply be used to take care of hair in many hard to reach places. It is also extremely temporary and the resulting stubble in a few days will cause an itch, which can be very embarrassing as well as uncomfortable. Let’s looks at some of the possibilities for hair removal for men:
- Waxing: Using hot waxes or waxing creams with paper is a quick way to remove body hair. However it can be painful and you will have to go for repeat sessions frequently.
- Epilating creams: These creams are very convenient and painless and a fairly quick way to get rid of unwanted body hair. However, strong chemicals in these products may cause damage to your skin.
- Electrolysis: In this method a machine with tiny electrodes are used to zap the roots of the unwanted hair follicles which causes them to fall off and discourage them from growing back. Although this is a permanent way of removing hair, some follicles may still remain and grow back.
- Laser hair removal: This method is the most popular method of permanent hair removal and offers the most balanced benefits with the best results for the cost involved. This had been a very popular form of hair removal among women for quite some time, but it is also becoming very popular among men.
Facts about laser hair removal
1. How does laser hair removal work?
Laser hair removal works with the help of a laser emitting high intensity infra red light from a diode. This is focused on individual hair follicles which are then damaged, thus resulting in the hair being removed permanently without any damage to your skin. This is a very safe and effective procedure which has the longest lasting results and is suited for all types of skin.
2. Cost comparison
Although laser treatments may seem more expensive than some of the other ones, you will have smooth, hairless skin in just a few sittings permanently. Thus in the long run, the cost effectiveness of laser hair removal is multiple times higher s compared to other methods. Waxing or epilating creams over the period of few years will end up costing you much more than a few sittings of laser hair removal that will give you a permanent solution with smooth skin.
Skin care is an essential part of health and beauty. Though some of you may avoid or ignore it for a long time while giving in way to bring on crow's feet beside the eyes, thin lines on the forehead, and fine lines over the face, yet these all can be taken care of even in your 40s. If you realize that you need to care and deserve to look good always, it's never too late to start a skin health regimen.
These are the 7 tips you need to follow to make your skin look healthy and glowing when you are in your 40s.
Know your skin type-
Whatever skin product you use, always make sure that it is made for your skin type. To know that well, you must know your skin type first. Skin is generally of four types namely oily, normal, dry and combination. Know yours to start right.
Wash your skin everyday. Use a mild face wash. Washing after you come home from an outing is an essential. Besides washing at bath time, and washing your face at night before going to bed is also important. This keeps the derm pores on the face clean, and prevents dust from piling and prevents acne and pimples.
Exfoliation or scrubbing can be done as per your exposure to the outer world. In 40s your skin cells die sooner, and dead cells form a coat over the skin, which needs to be removed every week or so. Therefore, exfoliating the skin with a mild to normal scrubber in every 10 to 15 days is a good practice.
This keeps the skin healthy and compact as derm pores are tightened preventing entry of dirt and oil. Use a toner after every wash.
5. Wrinkle and anti ageing treatment
Use an anti ageing cream or serum twice a day, preferably in the morning and at bedtime.
6. Under eye care
Care for your under-eyes and prevent dark spots and patches and the formation of crows feet. These obvious formations after 40 can be healed somewhat with daily care of skin around the eyes.
Get enough sleep at least 6 hours in a day, and drink lots of water to keep the skin hydrated and body detoxified.
Melasma is a type of tan or dark skin discoloration in which hyper pigmented patches appear on cheeks, nose, upper lip and forehead. It is also known as chloasma or the mask of pregnancy when it appears in pregnant women causing them to lose their proverbial glow. It is also common among women on the verge of menopause, or those taking patch or oral contraceptives. It also tends to appear in women who are taking medications for hormone replacement treatment. Melasma is more common among women than men with a whopping 90% of women getting it. Melasma is also seen in other parts of the body that is exposed to the sun.
While the discoloration doesn't do any physical harm, it may leave you feeling out of place and self-conscious.
Though it isn't totally clear what causes this problem, the common pattern of the problem in women shows that estrogen and progesterone sensitivity are associated with the condition. Stress and thyroid disease is also known to trigger this condition as both problems lead to hormonal imbalances. Sun exposure is also one of the known causes of melasma as it triggers tanning. Ultraviolet rays also affect the cells responsible for pigments or melanocytes.
Because one of the causes of melasma is hormonal imbalance, it often rectifies itself when the root cause is addressed. For some women it disappears on its own. If this doesn't happen, the doctor may prescribe external creams to lighten the skin. External skin treatment like chemical peels, dermabrasion, and microdermabrasion are also suggested depending on the severity of the condition. These are common skin treatments that strip away the top layer which may lighten the dark patches. Though external treatments can improve the overall appearance, it doesn't guarantee that the dark patches won't resurface again if the underlying hormonal problem isn't resolved. A combination of external and internal treatment can help improve the skin quality and prevent reoccurrence to an extent. During the treatment procedure and afterwards, you'll also have to limit your sun exposure and wear sunscreen regularly.
If you visit a dermatologist, they may mostly use the wood lamp method (a method in which the skin is viewed under a specific light) to determine the depth of your melasma.
Some treatments like those with tretinoin, an acid, cannot be used done during pregnancy.
If you've tried all the above but are yet to find relief, you'll need to find coping mechanisms. You can use concealers and makeup to cover the patch. You'll also need to wear and SPF 30 sunscreen and a big hat that shades your face.
If the disease is affecting you psychologically and you feel self conscious get help from a local support group.
The most important part of skin managment is Sunscreen, sunscreen and sunscreen. STRICTLY AVOID STEROID CREAMS OR TRIPLE COMBINATION CREAMS like MELALITE COSMELITE AND MANY MORE. It will give quick results and then you will get sensitive skin, white patches or vitiligo type skin unwanted hairs over face, thin skin and telangiectasia etc and also u become addicted to these creams.
Always consult a qualified dermatologist.
Your genetic background influences where your body fat is stored. In case your mother or father has fat stored in the abdomen, hips, waist or in the thigh, it is likely for you to develop deposits of fat in the same regions.
Circumstances of genetic fat
1. You may have a proper or a balanced BMI (body mass index) but still tend to develop bulges in areas, which are likely to make you look disproportional.
2. You may become obese by development of excess fat accumulation in the lower abdomen region, referred to as pannus. Extra fat may accumulate in your lower back and hips as well, which cannot be lost in spite of taking weight losing measures.
Liposuction to get rid of extra fat
Liposuction is a cosmetic surgery that allows you to remove genetic fat or any extra fat from the body, in order to change the body's shape. Liposuction does not remove cellulites and tightening of loose skin cannot be done.
Liposuction removes excess fat from the body by suction. Small, narrow tubes with blunt tips known as the cannulae are inserted through incisions in the skin surface. The tubes are moved under the skin to target the suction of fat deposits.
There are several types of liposuction techniques.
1. Tumescent liposuction: In this form of liposuction, a wetting solution such as lidocaine with a local anesthetic is injected into the patient before surgery. This causes the shrinking or constriction of blood vessels due to which it allows liposuction to be performed while the patient is under local anaesthesia. Blood loss and post surgical pains are reduced.
2. Suction assisted liposuction:This mode of liposuction also known as SAL is the most primary form of liposuction. It involves drawing out of fat using a vacuum.
3. Power assisted liposuction: This liposuction technique called PAL in short involves the process of SAL with an extra tool for increasing the motion of the cannula. The process is faster.
4. Ultrasound assisted liposuction: This process (UAL) involves the transmission of energy via a specialized hand piece for loosening and melting of fat. A greater volume of fat can be removed via UAL. VASER is a variation of the UAL method where an ultrasonic cannula with grooves helps in energy disruption to improve removal of fat.
5. Laser assisted liposuction: LAL is a newly developed liposuction technology where a laser works like an ultrasound for disruption and removal of fat cells. This mode is more efficient and involves less trauma.
Liposuction is an effective way to remove unwanted, genetic fat from your body, which may be harming your body image. However, liposuction is associated with severe side effects.
Melasma, commonly known as skin pigmentation, is a skin disorder, which causes brown and blotchy spots on your face. Everybody craves to have spotless and flawless skin. But usually no one does anything about it. Contrary to popular belief, having perfect skin is not really difficult. You need to religiously follow your skincare regime to keep it healthy and flawless. In case you are suffering from melasma or have skin pigmentation,
Here are a few tips which you can follow:
1. Apply raw potato on your face: Take a clean and fresh potato. Cut it into two halves and wet the exposed surface with a little water. Rub this on all the affected regions on the face and wash your face after 10 to 15 minutes with lukewarm water. Potatoes are extremely effective in removing pigmentation as they have an enzyme called catecholase, which can help to lighten darkened areas on the skin.
2. Use apple cider vinegar on your skin: Apple cider vinegar helps to restore the natural color of the skin. It also contains beta-carotene, which helps to treat the damage done to the skin by the atmosphere's free radicals. In fact, one of the famous qualities of apple cider vinegar is to make the skin supple and bright.
3. Apply aloe vera on your skin: Regular usage of aloe vera on the skin is one of the best and most effective remedies for skin pigmentation. Aloe vera can help clean the skin without harming the natural balance of the skin, as it has marvelous cleansing properties. It helps to reduce spots on your face, and also provides protection against the harmful UV rays of the sun.
4. A sandalwood pack can also work wonders: Sandalwood acts, both as a stimulant as well as a blood purifier. These two properties of sandalwood help it to treat skin pigmentation. Make a pack using sandalwood and rosewater and apply it to your face at least twice a day to get rid of the pigmentation. Sandalwood is also one of the major ingredients for a sunscreen as it can protect the skin from the harmful UV rays.
5. Keep an eye on what you eat: Your diet plays a very crucial part when it comes to the wellbeing of your skin. Make sure that you add a lot of green leafy vegetables and foods rich in Vitamin A and C to maintain your healthy skin. Drink lots of water and eat a lot of fruits in order to keep your skin hydrated. This will also detoxify your body.
Follow the above tips and ensure yourself a spotlessly beautiful skin.
We all desire for long, voluminous, lustrous hair and often crib about our hair not growing long enough or taking ample time to grow. But, we tend to forget that the secret behind beautiful hair is healthy hair. To maintain a long and healthy hair you must follow a rigorous regime. The following are a few tips to keep your hair long and healthy.
- Get to know your hair- This is the primary step to attain your goal of having a long and beautiful hair. Knowing your hair type (dry or oily; fizzy or straight etc.) and figuring out a meticulous hair care routine is of utmost importance. You may also consider professional help.
- Choose the correct products- This step needs attention. Make sure you do not get lured by advertisements. Choose products that suit your hair type. Once again for this step too, if you are unable to decide for yourself, do seek professional help.
- Learn to clean your hair in a proper manner- Message the shampoo on your scalp and rinse it properly with sufficient water. Remember to use a conditioner every time after applying shampoo, as it helps to seal the hair cuticles and restore protein and lipids. Use a towel gently to dry your hair.
- Pamper your hair with an oil message at regular intervals- Massaging your hair with oil will help it to grow faster. It also prevents your hair from dryness and being frizzy. You may also consider massaging your hair with hot oils the night before a shampoo.
- Go for regular trimmings- Trimming your hair at regular intervals will prevent your hair from split ends. Split ends hinder hair growth. So by avoiding split ends, you can make your hair grow longer.
- Avoid dryers and use a proper comb- Dryers may turn out to be very harmful for your hair. Using a dryer at close proximity to your hair may damage your hair. Try to dry your hair naturally. Also, use a proper comb that will not hurt your scalp. Combing in the right direction is also essential. Start combing from the tips to the roots.
- Use hair revitalizers- Revitalizers, Vitamin E capsules and other essential oils may also boost your hair to a desirable length. But, make sure you consult an expert to find out the needs of your hair.
- Eat a healthy diet, exercise and have a good night's sleep- These are the key factors necessary to maintain healthy and long hair. Incorporate Vitamins such as Vitamin A, B Complex and vitamin G in your diet as these will help your hair to grow long. Exercising and sleeping will is also crucial for maintaining healthy hair.