Weight Management Counseling
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Nadi Pariksha Treatment
Treatment of Menstrual Disorders In Adolescent Gir
Memory Improvement Techniques
Treatment Of Lumbago
Asthma Treatment & Management
Asthma Management Program
Treatment of Disc Prolapse
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Ayurvedic Massage Treatment
Kerala Massage Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Ruchi Gulati to be knowledgeable, very helpful, well-reasoned and practical. Excellent
Is your partner pestering you to lose weight? Is constant fatigue and weakness a common complaint of yours? If yes, then it is time to knock those extra pounds off. Besides raising your self-esteem up by a few notches, it will also keep you fitter and healthier. Ayurveda is an age-old system of medicine that is holistic, natural and free from side-effects, unlike conventional treatment methods. Here are some tips that you may employ to keep your waist slick:
- Eat Healthy: Eating healthy does not only mean avoiding junk food; it also includes picking the right kind of healthy foods. So eat a well-balanced diet comprising of a mix of carbohydrates, fats and protein. Include plenty of vegetables in your diet as they contain little calories and are filled with antioxidants, which prevent free radical damage. Stay away from junk food as they contain hidden sugar and fats that could wreak havoc on your waistline.
- Get Moving: If you think exercise could be the last thing, prepare a new list wherein exercise enjoys the utmost priority. You can start your day with a 20 minute jog which will not only keep the kilos off but also improve your mood. Aim for 30-40 minutes of light exercise every day to burn the extra calories. If you have a sedentary job, then take frequent breaks to move about.
- Limit Liquor Consumption: Excessive consumption of alcoholic drinks, such as beer takes a toll on your waistline. It contains empty calories that are easily converted into fats by the body. So if you are going drinking with your friends, remember not to drink like a fish.
- Combat Stress: Stress can add to your weight as it can induce binge eating in some people. Practice relaxation techniques, such as meditation to bring down stress levels. You can also practice simple breathing techniques (pranayama and other breathing asanas) to help you relax.
Types of Ayurvedic Massages For Losing Weight
Ayurveda is a vast field and there are several techniques that are followed for Ayurvedic massage. It helps to burn excess fat and removes cellulite from under the layers of the skin.
Udvartana - It is the most widely used technique for toning and weight loss. This technique involves the combination of certain prescribed herbal powders along with oil and it is applied to the body. This technique helps build body strength along with accelerating fat loss. The trademark of this massage technique involves some specific movements and each session is recommended to continue for a span of about 45 minutes every day for visible results.
Advantages of Udvartana:
- Improves complexion and makes the skin look fairer
- Helps to burn unwanted excess fat and breaks down cellulite
- You will see reduction in body odour
- If you get a general feeling of heaviness, then this massage technique is recommended for you
- Circulation in the skin is improved
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda and ask a free question.
I am losing my hairs. My hairs are falling too much. My hairs are not looking good at all. Since I am only 16 years old so I am worried about my hairs are falling too much at very young age. So I want to ask what should I do then?
I have a burning sensation after urinating. And it generally happens if I don't intake ample quantity of water. Is it some kind of uti infection. I am married and aged 35 yrs.
Hello. I frequently experience moments of isolation even when outwardly things seem to be normal. Sometimes I feel extremely sad and guilty for no reason and burst out crying. Usually, I am in a sad and pensive state of mind, I don't deviate very often. I seldom feel happy or angry. I like studying, but whenever I'm without a book, I feel very guilty and insecure to a heightened level. I'm 16. Please help me.
Sir/man, I take unnecessary tensions, and I am not able to keep any secret to me, I also put people around me in -ve mood bcoz I hold one topic and continue talking about it. My legs and hand tremble / shake when I go through some harsh emotions like getting angry. I am never able to keep myself calm ,I try to calm myself but fail to do so. So please give me solution to these problems ,thank u.
I am young n healthy but now days I loss my silky long hair and i am single. What should i do to cure?
Hello Dr. From last day I noted my stool colour is red & my urine colour is golden What's the symptoms of this.
I am 42 years female. My weight is 96 Kg and height 5 ft 8 inches. I am doing yoga for last three yrs. And lot of walking too. Still my weight is stagnant. Though I am fit and still away from issues like bp and diabetes. But fed up of overweight. I am mother of three kids and a housewife.
Ayurveda emphasis that a disciplined diet and exercise plan can help lower ldl and improve hdl.
Here are a few time tested strategies that you may adopt to bring total cholesterol lower and keep it that way
1. Walking 2 miles in 30 minutes 3 times a week constitutes a moderate level of aerobic exercise. That may be enough to raise your hdl cholesterol by 1 to 3 points (higher is better) and lower your ldl cholesterol (lower is better).
If you can't get in a 30-minute block of exercise all at once, do a few minutes of exercise here and there throughout the day (climb the stairs at work, walk around the block on your lunch break, park and walk). Researchers have demonstrated that exercise even without weight loss can have a positive impact on improving cholesterol levels. It is the amount of activity, and not necessarily any changes in fitness or intensity of exercise that is important for cholesterol improvement and decreasing the risk factors for heart disease and stroke.
2. Do deep breathing exercise for 10 min daily. It helps refresh your system and is an effective distress technique too.
3. Drink 6-8 glasses of water daily
4. Quit smoking. Smoking lowers hdl cholesterol levels and increases the tendency for blood to clot
5. Avoid alcohol.
6. Start your day with fresh fruits and high soluble fibre grain such as oats
7. Eat plenty of vegetables, esp green leafy vegetables, fruits and whole pulses. Certain foods really do have health benefits for controlling cholesterol and overall heart health beyond providing basic nutrition.
Fish or fish oil
Green leafy vegetables
Oranges or orange juice
Fiber oats/oat bran/oatmeal
8 take enough good fat in food, don't avoid fat. Sesame oil, olive oil, rape seed oil are healthy.
9. Garlic- one or two cloves before your breakfast is beneficial in boosting hdl
Turmeric and curry leaves can be used as spices in various foods.
Isabgol (psyllium husk) at bedtime is also beneficial in boosting hdl
10. Arjuna, guggulu can be added as medication on ayurvedic physician advice
The ncep national cholesterol education program has recommended a therapeutic lifestyle-change diet, which should be incorporated in the treatment of all patients. The following are recommendations:
Patients should reduce their intake of saturated fats to less than 7% of their total calorie (energy) intake. Their cholesterol intake should be reduced to less than 200 mg/d. Trans fatty acids (the hdl-lowering, ldl-raising fats) should be kept to a minimum. Polyunsaturated fats should constitute up to 10% of total energy intake, and monounsaturated fats, up to 20% of total energy intake. Total fat intake, therefore, should be in the range of 25-35% of total energy intake.
Carbohydrates (complex carbohydrates from grains, whole grains, fruits, and vegetables) should constitute 50-60% of total energy intake.
Patients should consume 20-30 g/d of fiber.
The protein content should be approximately 15% of total energy intake.
In order to maintain a desirable body weight and to prevent weight gain, the total amount of energy consumed must be balanced in terms of energy intake and expenditure.
I drink once a week, usually high end scotch and upto quarter of a 750 ml bottle. My age is 31. No issues as such, no hangover. Should I take any herbal medicine or tonic or capsules just to ensure my drinking habits don't impact my lever or any other system of body. What kind of foods would be advisable to improve lever and digestive system?
I am not having sleep now a days. What to do. I am trying to sleep but could hardly sleep 4-5 hours.
I was taking treatment for Chronic Telogen Effluvium for the past 4 months and still there is no visible results. The hairfall haven't ceased. Now my trichologist suggested to opt either laser combing or stem cell micro needling, are those treatments beneficial? What are the possible side effects of these treatments?
Mosquitoes, though tiny, can wreak havoc on the human health. Malaria and dengue were common enough, but now another disease doing the rounds is chikungunya. This is a viral disease that spreads by the bites of Aedes aegypti mosquitoes. The disease lasts for 5 to 7 days and the catch is that there is no identified cure for the disease.
Symptoms of chikungunya are very non-indicative and include high temperature, rashes and multiple spots on the body, multiple joint pains, headaches, conjunctivitis and insomnia problem. The presence of joint pains associated with a high incidence of mosquito breeding is indicative of chikungunya. The fever usually subsides in a couple of days, but the other symptoms would persist for about a week.
Management of chikungunya includes a combination of prevention and treatment. Prevention is more important than treatment as it is easier done.
- To the maximum extent possible, avoid mosquito bites.
- Avoid using rain water-filled containers, potted plants that stagnate water and drinking bowls for domestic animals.
- Wear full-sleeved clothing when mosquito bites are likely to be higher.
- Use mosquito repellents in the forms of coils, creams, and mats
- Use mosquito nets where possible
- Prevent mosquito breeding by draining possible areas of water stagnation
Treatment: There is no specific allopathic remedy for the treatment of chikungunya. The prescribed medicines are only for symptomatic relief, and given the intense and prolonged joint pains, the patient ends up using a lot of pain killers. There are cases where the pains may persist for up to 6 months. This is where Ayurveda comes into the picture, as there are multiple effective remedies that have been proven effective over the ages.
- Massage your joints with a mixture of castor oil, drumstick, camphor, garlic, and coconut oil. This oil can be heated and stored in a glass jar for about 3 days. Warm this oil and use it for effective relief of the joint pains.
- A mixture of castor oil and cinnamon can also be used to massage the painful joints.
- A concoction of ajwain seeds, raisins or dry grapes, tulsi leaves, and neem leaves boiled in water is an effective remedy for the joint pains. This is to be used when it is warm after food and the residual ingredients chewed upon.
- A diet rich in fresh fruits, greens and vegetables is highly recommended.
- Drinking sufficient amounts of liquids (water, coconut water, lime juice, and buttermilk) to keep good hydration levels and recuperate from the illness.
- Ensure sufficient rest for the joints even after the initial fever has subsided.
Ayurveda has references to something called “sandhijwara” which is “fever of the joints”. Sandhijwara is very similar to chikungunya and these remedies used for this can be very useful in treating chikungunya. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
I am a 48 year old married woman. Whenever I run my hands through my hair, some of the hairs come in my hand. What should I do?
I am 18 years old my name is mohit doctor I have a problem of constipation I am dealing with this problem from many time when I wake up in the morning I am going 2 or 3 times for feeling fresh and I also drink 2 glass water in morning and I am don't feel fresh plzzz tell me how to clearly fresh in morning bcos of this problem I also don't eat food happily plzz help me doctor..
My baby is still suffering from fever due to urinary track infection. He is having antibiotic (moxclav 228. 5 mg)and paracetamol (fepanil 125). I'm giving those medicines as per the doctor said. But fever is still coming frequently .plz help me.
I have pain in my chest since 6 months surrounding the nipples. My heartbeats are fast, I can feel these without putting the hand on chest. All the tests such as ECG, ECO, TMT 7 are done and the reports are normal. I also gone To physician, He said that I am very healthy, Just you have a acidity. No one is believed on me that I have pain in my chest. Please help me to cure this problem.
Can contracted gallbladder be reversed? I have shrunk gallbladder with no pain but can not digest sweets, non veg or heavy food. Right now on strict plain diet without any dairy products.
I am getting a lot of pimples on my face. Because of this there are scars and dark black spots on my face. Can it be cured by some home remedy?
In Ayurveda, acne is known as YouvanaPidaka, where Youvana is youth and pidaka is skin eruption. Acne is related to both facial skin health and hormones and with Ayurvedic treatment; you can actually get rid of these.
Before you get treated for acne, you must know the causes of getting acne.
Causes of Acne:
According to Ayurveda, the following reasons may result in eruption of 'pidaka'.
- Too much intake of fried food that vitiates Pitta and Kapha.
- Using cosmetics that directly affect the facial skin.
- Waking until late night resulting in imbalance of bodily functions.
- Anxiety and stress that lead to imbalance in metabolism and release toxins.
- Changes that take place within the body during adolescence.
- Family history
All these may lead to over production of sebum that clogs the pores. Sometimes bacteria are also responsible for acne.
Hormonal imbalance is another cause that leads to acne on the face.
Treatment of Acne with Ayurveda:
There are certain things that can be followed at home so that you can keep your skin clean and clear.
- Wash your face thoroughly with Luke warm at least three to four times a day.
- Using herbs that are useful in detoxifying and blood purification. For instance, neem and turmeric have anti-bacterial effect that cleanses the area with acne and helps them heal quickly.
- Applying sandal wood or turmeric pastes that are complexion enhancer.
- Mind smoothening medicines and coolants.
- If there is hormonal imbalance, then get a therapy for balancing hormone.
There are different herbs that are useful for treating acne. They are
- Turmeric or haridra: it helps in reducing the oily nature of the skin and adds luster to the skin.
- Neem or Nimba that is well known for its blood purification properties.
- Berberis Aristata or daruharidra that helps in reducing the acne scars and helps to get a glow on the face.
- Hemidesmusindicus or sariva that is a good blood purifier.
- Sandal wood or chandan for treating the acne with a soothing effect.
- Red sandal wood or raktachandana that purifies the blood and improves the blood circulation.
- Nutmeg or jathiphala for reducing the scar marks of acne.
- Indian Gooseberry or amlaki that nourishes both skin and the blood.
- Ashwagandha, Shatavari, Ashoka that are well known for treating hormonal imbalance.
By adding these in your diet and stopping fried foods, you can see changes in the acne marks. However, still if you find that they are there, rush to an expert for better advice.