Submit a review for Slim N HappyYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Never once that I felt that she is getting impatient, rathershe has always responded to my each and every doubt with immense patience. It's been more than 6 months I am following herdiet and I am happy. The Slim N Happy is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. The interior of the Slim N Happy was no nicely done, it was so clean. The diet chart has helped me greatly and now I am perfectly fine. I have consulted so many doctors but nobody till now was able to understand my concern properly, until i consulted Sarika Nair.
Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. During the complete body weakness treatment program dr Sarika Nair always supported and motivated me. It has been quite some time that i was suffering from body weakness. the staff was very attentive to my needs. the best thing about Sarika Nair is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. the Slim N Happy have proper facilities for disabled patients as well. I was shocked to experience the symptoms of body weakness. she is a very practical doctor.
She is very professional and is a really patient listener. Sarika Nair certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the problem is something else.i wasnt able to lose weight. Slim N Happy has all the latest technology in place to handle severe cases. It's been more than a year now, and I have noticed considerable change in myself.
I must say the hygiene was maintained very nicely in the Slim N Happy clinic. I was quite depressed due to my condition, but my Sarika Nair guided me to change my attitude. She is very talented and seasoned doctor. It's been more than a year that I was experiencing obesity. Sarika Nair has in depth knowledge and ensures that she explains the problem in detail and does great diet planning.
Great experience with Dt. Sarika Nair. She helped me to gain weight but with balanced & healthy diet which I can use through out my life & surely can maintain my health. I liked that she doesn't suggest expensive market product, no advertisement only gives healthy & affordable diet.
She is a very practical doctor. The lab in the Slim N Happy was very clean and well managed. She did my weight loss counselling. Dr Sarika Nair is well aware about innovative techniques to treat problems.
Thanks to Dr Sarika for treating my vitamin deficiency. She is really a patient listner. I followed her diet chart strictly and now I am perfectly fine. She treats her patients very patietly.
I got answers to all my health questions in just one meeting with her, she helped me a lot to solved my health problems. From my experience i can say that she does her job religiously.
I had consulted Dr. Sarika for weight loss related issues. All the suggestions and the diet which she asked me to follow really helped me in reducing my weight.
I had visited to slimnhappy before 5 months... I was very concern about mg weight but thanks to Dt. Sarika Nair, she is just amazing in her work & helped out)
I found the answers provided by the Dt. Sarika Nair to be inspiring. Thanke for the quick response . Can i start to follow below details .
A good night’s sleep is extremely vital for your well-being Good sleep ensures that your mind and body both remain alert and healthy. Also, it maintains the mind-body sync.
But lot of people today are not sleeping enough. And those who are clocking in the hours are not getting good quality sleep.
So here are 9 fantastic tips to help you sleep better:
- Form a routine for sleeping and waking up: Our body loves routine and sets its internal clock accordingly. Studies have shown that irregular sleep patterns can alter your circadian rhythm and levels of melatonin, which signal your brain to sleep. Irregular sleeping times affect the quality of your sleep negatively. Try to sleep and wake up at the same time every day.
- Avoid blue light exposure in the late evenings: Too much exposure to bright light during late evenings affects sleep negatively. And the blue light, in fact, is worst. It tricks your body to think that it is daytime. It is radiated from all electronic devices like smartphones, TV screens and computers. If you need to work at night, install apps that block blue light or use screens. Switch off bright lights in the house 2 hours prior to bedtime. Make the bedtime a relaxing time for the entire family. Chat, go for walk or play board games. (My post-dinner walk with my husband is my favourite time of the day)
- No late night television: Television is an audio-visual medium and it engages our brain and senses. The light from television suppresses melatonin and makes you alert. Instead, you must read, listen to music or audio books. Try and read from a book or from a device that doesn’t have backlight.
- Exercise: Exercising during the day improves the sleep quality to a great extent. Exercise stimulates the body to secrete the stress hormone cortisol, which helps activate the alerting mechanism in the brain. But exercising in the late evening can make you alert and make it difficult to fall asleep. So exercise early in the morning or during the early part of the day. Regular exercise increases the time you spend in the deep, restorative stages of sleep. This helps your body to relax, repair and rejuvenate.
- Avoid heavy dinner: Stuffing yourself late at night is a sure way to throw your sleep out of the window. Try to have dinner at least 2 hours before bedtime. I know that for some of you this is not an option as you work till late. In that case, have a light dinner. Avoid rich and spicy food late at night.
- Maintain a good bedroom environment: Light coloured bedsheets, soft, warm lights and a cool temperature instantly relax you. Keep the noise low and remove clutter. Keep your bedroom clean, relaxing and an inviting place to sleep.
- Have a pre-sleep routine: It can be either a warm bath, reading, music or skincare. You can listen to relaxing or meditative music.... whatever you like, just make it a routine. A routine gives a message to your mind and body that it is time to sleep. This will also help you to sleep at the same time every night.
- Avoid caffeine late in the evening: When consumed late in the day, the stimulation of your nervous system due to coffee may stop your body from naturally relaxing at night. Consuming caffeine up to six hours before bed significantly worsens sleep quality. Therefore, avoid drinking large amounts of coffee after 3–4 p.m.
- Meditative music and pranayam: It has been proven that when the body and mind are relaxed, the body's natural ability to heal itself is greatly enhanced. By listening to deeply relaxing music, you can assist your body to release its healing powers. Practising bhramari pranayam before sleeping has proven to heal insomnia. It is great for anyone suffering from anxiety, as it will create focus from distracting thoughts. Hence it is an ideal thing to practice before sleeping.
Try to follow these steps for better sleep. All these steps are easily doable and don't require much time. But the list can look like too much. No worries. Start with whatever you like, but the point is that you have to START.
Being a vegan is not a fad diet. It's also a personal philosophical and lifestyle choice. A person may choose to become a vegan because of environmental factors, health factors, and other ethical reasons. What differentiates a vegan from a vegetarian is the fact that a vegan not only doesn't eat meat or other animal products but doesn't use any other animal products or by-products whatsoever, such as dairy products, leather, eggs, honey, wool, silk, fur etc.
Good News is that adopting such a lifestyle can be an entry into a world of better health.
Some of the health benefits of being a vegan are:
1) Improves mood - Edible and dietary sources of food from animals are rich in arachidonic acid, and research has concluded a relationship linking mood disturbances with arachidonic acid. It has been also found that restricting the consumption of meat, fish and poultry can lead to mood improvements. Vegetarian diets are not rich in this acid and, thus, they may help in uplifting your general mood.
2) Can reduce chance of diabetes by up to 50% - According to a research by Loma Linda University School of Public Health, a vegan diet can lead to a drastic reduction in the prevalence of diabetes. A vegan diet also helps in the management of diabetes as well as helps to reduce the likelihood of contracting diabetes by 50%.
3) Lower cholesterol - Eating animal fat doesn't have any benefit. Instead, it can have harmful health effects. Thus, it's not surprising that once animal fats are removed from your diet, it can lead to a healthier lifestyle. After studying the long-term effects of following a vegetarian diet, researchers in Korea have concluded that body fat and cholesterol tend to lower in vegans than those who follow a non-vegetarian diet.
4) Reduced risk of stroke and obesity - Vegans, in general, have a lower chance of binge eating and choosing to eat food out of emotions; this is because they follow a strict diet. These two factors, which contribute to obesity, are mostly observed in non-vegetarians and very rarely in vegans. Consult an Expert & get answers to your questions!
Meat forms an essential part of the daily diet of many people. But it often gets difficult to choose between white meat (chicken or fish) and red meat (beef or pork or mutton) due to the numerous health benefits offered by both. Moreover, both kinds of meat have some health risks as well, which should be kept in mind while consuming either of them.
Read on to find how each type of meat may affect your health, and, which will be more beneficial for your body.
People who are more conscious about their weight often tend to choose white meat over red meat because of its lower fat content. For example, fat content in chicken is only about 11%, whereas pork contains about 45% fat. Moreover, the saturated fat content of red meat is about 2.64 times that of white meat.
100 gm of chicken breast has about 29.80 gm of protein, whereas the same amount of lamb and pork contain 22.51 gm and 27.55 gm protein respectively. In this case, consumption of white meat will prove to be beneficial as your body can absorb only 74% of the protein in red meat and 80% of the protein in white meat.
Other nutrient content
Red meat is rich in niacin, vitamin b12, riboflavin and thiamine, iron and minerals like zinc and phosphorus. While vitamin b12 aids proper nerve health and ensures that the red blood cells function properly, zinc is responsible for strengthening your immune system.
White meat contains fewer nutrients in comparison to red meat. However, fish contains a high amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which help in improving lipid profiles and prevent cardiovascular diseases.
Consumption of both types of meat has been long associated with increased risk of different diseases. The presence of myoglobin, a type of protein in red meat, is responsible for increasing the risk of certain types of cancer. Also, red meat has been often linked with increased chances of hypertension and heart diseases.
These days, feeding antibiotics to chicken for enlarging their size have become a common practice. So, consumption of this type of meat increases the amount of drug-resistant bacteria in your body and reduces the effect of useful drugs too.
While white meat still provides good health benefits, red is NOT RECOMMENDED!! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Can I have the oats, eggs,peanut butter, meat,bananas, juices,ice-cream, milk, fruits (which is a suggested diet for me to gain muscle and stamina) on the same day. Do it cause any adverse interaction for me?
I'm 20 years old boy. I have been hungry much time but don't want to eat more than 2 chapatis at a time. The food I eat tries to get reflux out like vomiting. And I don't feel great. So most time of my day is gone upset as my stomach not feels well. Also in daily morning time I always feel like sick because of my stomach, I also want to gain weight, but my stomach is not giving proper company to me. Please respected sir give a proper solution or diet or any exercise or any thing to solve my problem
My weight is around 100 kg and I lost 30 kg of weight from my body but now I am feeling weakness in my joints (especially in knee) and my legs and hands below the joints are very very thin. I am feeling weakness, loss of hair. What is that problem and what is the treatment?
Detoxification is a process which helps in cleansing toxins. The toxins which are ingested may give rise to health problems such as insomnia, body aches, fatigue, distraction, and depression. If the chemicals present in your system are unwanted and affecting your well-being then you can opt for cleansing the toxins from your body by following a detox diet. Here are 4 things you need to know before you embark on a detox diet:
1. Not all healthy foods help in detoxification - All foods that help in detoxification are healthy but the reverse is not true. You need to have sound knowledge about anabolic and catabolic food before you start the process of detoxification. Anabolic foods belong to the 'body builder' variant, rich in protein and fat. Chicken breasts, eggs, and fish though otherwise fine to eat should be avoided during detoxification. Catabolic foods help in breaking down toxins in your body. This includes vegetables, fruits, and other complex carbohydrates.
2. You may have a bit of sickening feeling initially - Some people experience sickness when they start a detox diet. Cravings for usual food, nausea and headache can distract you for a while. But if you aim to eliminate the toxic substances from your body you need to have patience. Getting an adequate amount of rest and drinking filtered water and plenty of herbal tea can help you reduce the symptoms experienced. Gradually you will feel stable and energized.
3. Do not opt for a detox diet when you are sick - If your immune system is weak due to sickness then hold off the plan of switching to a detox diet until you regain the lost strength to prevent adverse effects. If you are sick then strengthen your body by eating a well-balanced diet, rich in protein and fat. Also, eat fruits and nutrient-dense vegetables. When you recover completely and feel healthy you can opt for a detox diet.
4. You will be back to putting on weight - A good and proper detox diet can eventually result in permanent weight loss and increased metabolism. However, if you start gulping down foods rich in protein and fat, you are bound to put on weight. This will not be a matter of concern if maintained up to a certain extent since the liver helps in opening up pathways to metabolize fat. But if you persistently splurge on cookies, pizza and beer then all the benefits of detoxification will get reversed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
It is often believed that eggs tend to heat up your stomach and, hence, should be avoided as much as possible. People believe that eating eggs during the hot summer months can lead to detrimental health effects. One of the reasons attributed to this belief is that eggs contain copious amounts of cholesterol, which can generate tremendous amounts of body heat.
However, contrary to popular belief, eggs do not heat up your system and perfectly safe for consumption during the season of some summer.
Having eggs for breakfast helps you with the following:
1. Cholesterol Factor - To be precise, a single egg provides 212 mg of cholesterol out of the recommended 300 mg. However, cholesterol in your diet does not raise the cholesterol levels in your blood. This happens because the liver produces a high quantity of cholesterol each day, and when you eat more eggs causing your cholesterol levels to rise, the liver starts producing less of it. In fact, a study found that eggs didn't raise cholesterol in 70% of its test subjects.
2. Provides Choline - Choline is a substance, which is required by the body to build cell membranes and to perform a horde of other functions like liver function, brain development, nerve, and muscle function. Lack of choline could lead to disruption of these functions. Whole eggs contain more than 100 mg of this less known nutrient, and therefore, should be a part of your diet.
3. Contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin - One of the gradual symptoms of aging is worsening eyesight. There are many types of nutrients that help in countering this degenerative process. Two such nutrients are lutein and zeaxanthin, which eggs are rich in. These two antioxidants help to build up the retina of the eye. Moreover, they also help in preventing eyesight conditions like cataracts and macular degeneration. Eggs are also rich in Vitamin A, the lack of which is the most common cause of blindness worldwide.
4. Reduce Risk of Stroke - For many decades, eggs have been unfairly criticized. A popular misbelief was that high cholesterol in eggs made them a cause for cardiac problems. In a review, which accounted for 17 studies and a total of 263,938 participants, no associations were found between eggs and heart diseases. Eggs are also highly filling and help to lose weight to a certain extent. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
Do the frequent changes in the season really affect your body and food habits?
A big YES!
Selection of appropriate food according to seasonal change is very important for staying healthy. In modern times, most fresh fruits and veggies are available round the year, however, the nutritional content is much less in the non-seasonal fruits and vegetables. An update of your eating habits consistently is a must to stimulate energy level of your body.
Here are some key dietary behaviors that must be considered while choosing the perfect diet plan for different seasons-
- Cherish the novelty of Spring
In spring, the green leafy vegetables with their fresh, tender leaves represent the arrival of the new season. These must be added to your menu that must include such lettuce, parsley, spinach, basil and fruits like strawberries, apricot, blueberries, peaches, and cherries etc. Try to consume less amount of salt in this season.
- Take Delight in the cool squash of Summer
Due to excessive heat in the summers, it is recommended to adhere to the watery, cool and light diet. Include seasonal fruits like watermelon, plums, melons, cherries, vegetables such as tomatoes, cucumber, mint etc in your regular diet. Restore your energy with cool, refreshing drinks such as fresh juices, coconut water, milk shakes etc. Drink lots and lots of water during the summers.
- Relish the freshness of Raindrops
The Monsoon season comes with lots of lip smacking food items. In this season, many people face dyspepsia problems so pick up foods that are easily digestible. Avoid consumption of watery foods, heavy meals, meat and fish. Eat gram flour, brown rice, barley, corn, oats, garlic, ginger, turmeric, yogurt and fruits like pomegranate and apple.
- Savor the crisp sunshine of Autumn
Consumption of warm harvest food products is appropriate for this season. Veggies like onion, fenugreek, garlic, pumpkin and fruits such as banana, pears, apple, cranberries work well in this season. Spices, nuts and seasonings like cinnamon, mustard seeds, walnuts, and peppercorns are a must in the autumn months.
- Enjoy the warmness of Winter season
As soon as the cold winter seeps in, you must eat warm nutritional foods. In the winter months, the guiding principle is that the foods that are slow to grow are more warming than the ones that grow rather quickly. This means you can take foods like lamb, fish and chicken and root vegetables like onion, garlic, potato and carrots. You can also take sesame, corn, fenugreek and milk products that are good sources of nutrition.
In short just 'Eat by the season' to stay healthy! If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Dietitian/Nutritionist.
Please help me I'm very skinny My age is 20 years and weight is 47 Please I want to be 65 kg. Please help me Please.
Diabetes is one of the worst diseases which has gripped majority of people today, thanks to our erratic work schedule followed by a lack of exercise and sleep, aggravated by the overindulgence in junk food. But, the good news is that you can control and even reverse diabetes by following some simple dietary tips.
The fact is dieting doesn’t mean starving; you can have tasty nutritious food which is mentally and physically rejuvenating.
Here are a few dietary tips you should follow to keep your blood sugar levels in check-
- Include adequate vegetables in your diet; especially which have high fibre content. Leafy vegetables such as spinach and vegetables such as peas, broccoli and beans are a must.
- Include high fibre foods such as chickpea wheat, oats and millets in your diet.
- Milk has the perfect combination of protein and carbohydrate and can control blood sugar levels.
- Make sure you eat pulses, especially those with husk and sprouts, as they keep your blood glucose levels normal. Even when you are having noodles, you must add sprouts to them apart from the vegetables.
- Foods which are rich in omega-3 fatty acids are excellent for combating diabetes. These include flax seed oil, nuts, fatty fish; these have a very small level of cholesterol.
- Consume high fibre fruits such as papaya, pear, orange, guava etc. Eat those fruits which have high sugar content such as mangoes or grapes, in moderation.
These are some of the foods which you should include in your diet. In addition, there are few everyday tips which you should follow-
- Make sure to have small frequent meals comprising of high fibre and low in carbohydrate foods.
- Methi or fenugreek seeds have high diabetes controlling mechanisms. Soak one tablespoon of the seeds in 100 ml of water overnight and have it in the morning.
- Exercise helps in managing blood sugar levels.
- Losing weight improves the functioning of the insulin.
Tip for sticking with a diabetes-friendly diet plan-
First and foremost, take small, manageable steps. Choose two or three things you want to work on. Once you feel you have mastered those you can move on to two or three more steps towards a healthier diet. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.