Weight Management Counseling
Nutrition Assessment Service
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Asthma Treatment & Management
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Therapeutic Diets Treatment
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Food Plan Preparation
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Child Nutrition Management
Healthy Heart Diet
Weight Management Treatment
Submit a review for The Westside ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Suneet Khanna provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks dr i will surely lose 5 kgs of wt
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Suneet Khanna to be very helpful. Thanx doc.
Healthy eating is not about strict dietary limitations, staying unrealistically thin, or depriving yourself of the foods you love. Rather, its about feeling great, having more energy, improving your health, stabilising your mood. If you feel overwhelmed by all the conflicting nutrition and diet advice out there, you're not alone. It seems that for every expert who tells you a certain food is good for you, you'll find another saying exactly the opposite.
What you can do:
1. learn how your diet affects your mental as well as your physical health
2. set yourself up for success by making changes gradually
3. don't think of food as" off limits"
4. reduce your portion sizes -and fill up with more fruit and veg
5. learn to spot hidden sugar in your food and avoid it
6. differentiate between healthy and unhealthy fats
7. find out how fiber intake can fill you and help lose weight
8. drinking plenty of water and keeping well hydrated
We all know that eating right can help you maintain a healthy weight and avoid certain health problems. Studies have linked eating a typical western diet filled with processed meats, packaged meals, takeout food and sugary snacks with higher rates of depression, stress, bipolar disorders and anxiety. Eating an unhealthy diet may even play role in development if mental health disorders such as alzheimer's disease and schizophrenia or an increased risk of suicide in young people.
Instead if emphasising one nutrient, we need to move to food based recommendations. What we eat should be whole, minimally processed, nutritious food as close to its natural form as possible.
- Eat breakfast and eat smaller meals throughout the day
- Avoid eating late at night
- Cut back on sugar
- Moderation and not feeling stuffed is the key to a healthy diet
- We need a balance of proteins, fat, fiber, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals to sustain a healthy body.
If you've sworn off some of your favourite foods for fear that they are harming your health, take heart research shows that some of that foods we thought were unhealthy can actually be good for you
1 eggs make your cholesterol go up
Studies indicate that fat in eggs is mostly polyunsaturated and monounsaturated and the yolk is an excellent source of the antioxidant lutein, which can lower certain inflammatory responses in the body. Eggs easily fit into a healthy lifestyle, so enjoy an omelet for breakfast and see how satisfied you are the rest if the day.
2 drinking juice is healthy
Research shows juice is pretty much the same as sugar water, minus the fiber that helps stabilise your blood sugar when eating a fruit. Skip the juice and eat a few pieces of fruit per day ti improve your health
3 green tea does it help to lose fat
Green tea is more than just hot, flavoured water. A cup of green tea may contain much less caffeine (24-40mgs) than a cup of coffee. Caffeine is a well known stimulant, has been known to aid fat burning and improve exercise performance. It contains massive range of antioxidants called catechins, that can boost metabolism and may help in burning fat.
4 dies drinking red wine protect your heart
Red wine contains high level of a phytochemical called resreratrol, which acts as an antioxidant and reduces inflammation, may slow ageing process.
Alcohol in wine raises hdl ('good') cholesterol and seems to make blood less likely to clot. No more than a drink for women or two drinks for men may offer some benefits and probably can't hurt
5 is it scientifically true that you should not drink milk after eating fish, as it may cause a skin disorder
Fish with milk has no scientifically or medically established connection to leucoderma or vitiligo. This notion has been explored and the question was scientifically laid to rest years ago
Is it good to have milk early in the morning on an empty stomach or we should have it after having the dinner?
There are a lot of diets that are popular with people for a variety of reasons. Some of them are easy to sustain, some of them have instant effects and some of them have long-term effects. There are a few diets that combine all of these traits, and the GM diet happens to be one of them. The GM diet first appeared on the Internet about four years ago and has had a loyal group of followers since.
Let's see what the GM diet is all about.
What is the GM Diet?
The GM Diet is a seven-day diet plan which was supposed to have been created by General Motors for their employees. It was rumoured that they paid a hefty sum to a research lab to come up with the ultimate diet plan. But General Motors soon released a statement where they denied any involvement with the diet plan. But the name stayed on and the diet was soon circulated via emails and forums all over the Web and more people tried it out with different results.
Let's see what the diet looks like.
- Day one of the GM diet begins with consumption of only fruits. Any fruits work except bananas. Water melons are highly recommended on day one. Day one is supposed to prepare your body for the rest of the week.
- Day two has to start with a baked potato for breakfast. This gives you your morning dose of complex carbohydrates. Through the rest of the day, you have to eat raw or boiled vegetables and you can eat to your heart's content. You can also have vegetable soup. Make sure you avoid coconut and oil in the preparation.
- On day three, you have to eat only fruits and vegetables. Avoid fruit juice or vegetable juice. Avoid the morning potato and avoid oil. Avoid bananas on this day. You can use herbs and natural taste-makers in your preparations.
- Day four is a tough one. On this day, you may have only bananas and milk. You may have up to eight bananas and about 3-4 glasses of milk on this day. You can also have the special GM soup on this day, which helps break the monotony of the bananas and milk. Also, have up to 8-10 glasses of water on this day.
- On day five, you can binge a bit. On this day you are supposed to have just lean beef and tomatoes. You can again eat as much as you like on this day. You can replace beef with lean chicken meat or a mix of vegetables like beans, lentils, and tofu. These replace the proteins you get from beef. Make sure you consume plenty of water.
- On day six, you should have a mix of lean beef and vegetables. You can also have the GM Special Soup on day six. Vegetarians should have a mix of the vegetables from day five. You may also have sprouts in place of beef.
- And on the seventh day, you can have brown rice, vegetables and fruits. Fruit juices are also allowed on this day. This wraps up the GM diet plan. You can return to your regular diet from the 8th day, albeit with caution.
This diet is supposed to make you lose anywhere from one to five kilograms on the eighth day. The diet also plays a detox role by cleaning your body of its impurities. No alcohol is supposed to be consumed during the week. You are allowed to have tea and coffee, but you must avoid adding milk and sugar as this adds unnecessary calories. Also, ensure that you consume adequate water during the diet. Try and avoid working out while you are on this diet as it is possible you may experience fatigue.
Is the GM Diet Effective?
Different people have had different experiences with the GM diet. While most people rave about the diet, some feel it is not effective in the long run. The GM diet helps you in losing between one to five kilograms by day eight. The diet is also important for detoxifying and cleaning your body of impurities and toxins. The GM diet has proven to be effective for quick weight loss. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dietitian-nutritionist.
I want to decrease my weight bcoz I am oversize of my weight. My thighs r fat I want to decrease my weight can I want 2 know d remedy for it.
Methi or Fenugreek is a herb with green leaves that comes from the Pea family. The seed of fenugreek is bitter in taste and are used in preparing a number of medicines. The leaves of fenugreek, however, are quite tasty when cooked. 1 tablespoon of fenugreek leaf contains calorie, fat, fibre, protein, carbohydrate, iron, magnesium, vitamin B6 and phosphorous. It goes without saying that they are extremely beneficial for the overall health of an individual.
Here is a list of few benefits that methi leaf can extend to the body if consumed regularly:
- Address heart diseases: Fenugreek contains a compound known as galactomannan that plays a key role in addressing many heart diseases and helps the cardiac muscle to remain intact. The sodium and potassium content of fenugreek helps to maintain the heart rate and keeps blood pressure at an optimum level.
- Reduce inflammation: Fenugreek is known to address inflammation such as chronic coughs, boils, mouth ulcers, tuberculosis, mouth cancer, bronchitis and kidney ailments. Fenugreek slows down the absorption of sugar and stimulates insulin. They can be consumed daily in the form of a paste or along with food to address various inflammation of the body.
- Lose weight: Fenugreek helps to lose weight. The natural fibre content of methi, when consumed in the morning on an empty stomach, can help to curb hunger. Fenugreek swells in the stomach and gives a fulfilling feeling. They can become a major aid in any weight loss program.
- Address acid reflux: Fenugreek is an extremely good remedy for addressing heartburn and acid reflux. Fenugreek contains mucilage that coats the intestinal and stomach lining and thus soothes the gastrointestinal tissue. The methi seeds should be soaked in water before consuming.
- Helps in fixing a sore throat: 1 spoon of methi paste when mixed with honey and lemon reduce fever and give relief from a cough and cold. It is also capable of fixing a sore throat. It nourishes the body and helps to recover from cold in very short time.
- Menstrual discomfort: Compounds such as isoflavones and diosgenin possess estrogen-like quality. They can readily address discomfort associated with PMs and menstrual cramps. Methi is also found to help with mood fluctuation and hot flashes. Due to their iron-rich properties, fenugreek proves to be extremely helpful for women suffering from menstrual pain.
- Hair problems: Fenugreek is known to have a very soothing effect on the scalp that in turn makes the hair black and shiny. When fenugreek seeds are soaked overnight, boiled and mixed with coconut oil to form a paste, they can do wonders for the hair. They are also known to be ceasing hair fall and hair thinning. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Everyone knows that drinking a cup of coffee before bed can leave you tossing and turning for hours. Eating the right food not only gives the body the right kind of nutrition, it also affects the quality of your sleep. While some foods are sleep deprivers, others are sleep enhancers. Here are a few such types of food that you can include in your diet to improve your sleep.
- Cherries: Cherries are rich sources of melatonin. This is the chemical responsible for controlling the body’s internal clock. A serving of tart cherries in their raw, whole form or a glass of cherry juice(without added sugars) can improve sleep quality and help treat chronic insomnia. It can also be used to fight jet lag.
- Walnuts: These nuts are rich sources of an amino acid known as trytophan. Trytophan boosts serotonin and melatonin production thus regulating the body’s sleep-wake cycle. This can help you fall asleep faster and avoid tossing and turning.
- Milk: A glass of warm milk is a well known home remedy for insomnia. Milk or any form of dairy is rich in tryptophan. As mentioned above, this helps people fall asleep faster by regularizing their circadian rhythm. Additionally, calcium also helps regulate muscle movements and calms the body by fighting stress and stabilizing nerve fibers. If you don’t like the thought of plain milk, you could try other forms of dairy like cheese and yogurt.
- Rice: Jasmine rice and other forms of white rice have a high glycemic index. This means that the body digests rice slowly and hence releases glucose produced during digestion very gradually into the body. This helps cut down the time it takes to fall asleep. A gradual absorption of glucose in the body also prevents a ‘sugar high’ and its accompanying crash. This helps prevent waking up in the middle of the night and ensures that you sleep through the night comfortably.
- Bananas: Bananas are great not only for your overall health but also for your sleep cycle. Bananas are rich sources of magnesium and potassium. These are natural muscle relaxants that promote sleep. They also help fight sleep disorders such as restless leg syndrome and muscle cramps to give you a more restful sleep. Bananas are also rich in carbohydrates that are slow to digest and hence make people fall asleep faster. Combining bananas and milk is a sure shot way of falling asleep faster. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.