How to overcome Obesity
I am Dr. Suneet Khanna. I am a MBBS doctor. I am practicing weight loss and nutrition for the last 30 years. I’m the oldest doctor in this line, to practice weight loss, nutrition. Today I will talk about Obesity.
What is Obesity? Fat. If you are fat, what to do? In our program, in my program, I call people, once in 10 days, that is, 3 times in a month. Once you come to me, we check your weight, enquire about your health, your diet pattern, your family history, medical problems; then we put you on a diet plan. It could be roti, sabzi, dal, pasta, kulcha, Subway, chicken, fish, eggs, mutton, brownies, cheesecakes, all that would be given to you. We will tell you to walk 30 minutes. 30 minutes of walk is very important.
Our program is based on the timing of food, the quantity of food, a combination of food and 30 minutes of walk. Initially, first 10 days, we don’t allow you to eat out. First ten days. Attending Parties, functions, has to be deleted. 30 minutes of walk is important. No alcohol for 20 days, 20 days no alcohol. And coming to me on time, is very important. Latecomers are not seen. In my schedule, I plan out diet as per your requirement. You are school teacher, you are a professional, you are in a corporate sector, I plan out diets accordingly. I plan out timings accordingly. All I require from people is honesty to the weight loss programme. I always believe and you also believe that a diet program is a very serious effort. It is not a joke. You can’t take a diet, and go back home. Diet programme is to be followed with zeal, with enthusiasm. Diet programme has to be, you know, on the job.
You have to be on the job for that. In case anybody wants to join the weight loss programme, you can consult me on Lybrate and I will be more than willing to help people. Thank You.read more
Healthy Diet for Diabetes patient
I am Dr. Suneet Khanna. I am a clinical weight loss nutritionist in Delhi. I am a pediatrician who has transformed himself into a nutritionist. I realized much later in my life as a clinical pediatrician that nutrition is a part and parcel of India’s program. People do not know much about nutrition. I got it to nutrition and decided to get into weight loss. I am the oldest practicing weight loss clinical nutritionist in India. I am just going to talk about diabetes.
What is diabetes? It is a clinical disease waiting to happen to anybody. 380 million people in the world suffer from diabetes. Diabetes in the last 10 years has increased by 50% globally. Delhi would be the capital of diabetes in India. India would be the capital of diabetes in the world in times to come. What is diabetes? A condition where the blood sugar level goes up, you have polydipsia, polyhydria, polyhydra and hyperphagia. Urination, excessive thirst, hyperphagia, eating more are the symptoms of diabetes. Anybody who has diabetes type 1, diabetes type 2 and gestational diabetes needs to understand nutrition. He needs to understand his diabetic state will be improved if he has a good nutrition, good healthy diet, he should know certain foods to avoid like starch, potato and rice. He should also know how to improve his lifestyle.
Improvement of lifestyle, change in lifestyle is a very important feature in a patient of diabetes. Activity, his activity needs to be improved. 30 minutes of walk everyday is a good association of patients of diabetes. What happens in normal individuals when we eat food? Food is broken into sugar, suddenly our pancreas releases insulin, the hormone. The insulin hormone actually opens up the cells which take up the glucose for energy utilization. Nothing like that happens in diabetes, that’s why our sugar level goes up. I will give you a small preparation for diabetics. We call it chicken drumsticks. You can have about 150 grams of chicken leg, which is one piece. It has about 140 calories. Lets say three chicken drumsticks or three chicken legs, you can marinate them in hung curd with some olive oil, add some herbs, salt, pepper, you can put that for about 45 minutes and after 45 minutes of smearing the entire stuff on to the chicken legs, three of them, put them on a pan and stir fry them for little while. The chicken gets good very well. This amounts to about 350-400 calories if you serve it with sautéed vegetables like broccoli, celery, asparagus, babycorn, bellpeppers and pokchow which should be more than a soup bowl. This dish is very good for diabetics.
We should understand as people that diabetics are prone to more complications. If we control our diabetes, we will be able to do best in life. If anybody wants to contact me for his or her problems associated with weight loss or diabetes, you can consult me on Lybrate or on my contact number 9810152166.type 1 diabetes read more
Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Suneet Khanna
Customised Diet Chart
Weight Management Treatment
Ketogenic Diet Treatment
Weight Loss Diet Counseling
Weight Loss Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Healthy Heart Diet
Immunity Therapy Treatment
Nutrition Assessment Service
Treatment Of Foot Infection
Asthma Treatment & Management
Diet Therapy Treatment
Weight Management Counseling
Food Plan Preparation
Submit a review for Dr. Suneet KhannaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I had the issue of obesity. Thanks to him that the obesity treatment he gave me has given brilliant results. I searched Dr Suneet Khanna online and saw his reviews. He is very courteous and behaves very aptly with elder patients. He definitely is aware about the latest and advanced ways to treat serious cases. I was amazed that other doctors before him were not able to treat my problem, but he did it immediately and started the obesity treatment for it.
I am amazed that he is such a sweet doctor, even though he is so busy all the time. From quite some time i was suffering from obesity, but never gave much importance to it. The atmosphere in the The Westside Clinic is always so positive and full of life. I am really grateful as herdiet planning has give me a ray of hope. I'am almost on the path to recovery, Thanks to my Suneet Khanna perfect advice.
My boss referred me therdietician, Dt.Suneet Khanna. I needed a good diet chart in order to stay fit. Even in case of long queues, the staff was managing people in a very positive manner. Dt.Suneet Khanna certainly knows the in and out of herspeciality. My previous experiences were not so good, but Suneet Khanna has completely changed my opinion as he is very helpful and humble.
I thought it was something very normal, but then I realised the weight loss treatment is something else. The overall outlook of the The Westside Clinic was very nice. He is so nice that they even at odd hours one can call him in case of emergency. He is not just highly qualified, but has years of experience in handling high risk cases. He did my weight loss counselling.
I consulted a number of dieticians but the way he treated me was the best.I needed to recover soon post my delivery. I therefore visited,The Westside Clinic in Delhi. It is designed in such a manner that all requirements of patients are taken care of. Suneet Khanna has so much knowledge that for everything I take herreference. herdiet has helped me a lot , undoubtedly.
Someone from the office, referred us that Suneet Khanna. I was suffering from weight loss for such a long time. The overall atmosphere in the The Westside Clinic is very soothing. Suneet Khanna has expert knowledge in the field. All of sudden I developed this weight loss and didn't know what to do. He ensures that he listens to his patients.
I consulted a number of dieticians but the way he treated me was the best. I was having this problem since years. I was quite concerned, as my health was degrading day by day, but due to my Suneet Khanna and the gain weight treatment I didn't lose hope. The staff was very attentive to my needs.
I am so much benefitted with Dr Suneet's slimming, that i am perfectly fine now. I was quite embarassed because of my fat but after his slimming treatment, I can notice the considerable changes in myself. He is so pleasant to talk to and always ready to answer your doubts.
Suneet Khanna has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. Even though my problem was not very big, the entire experience of undergoing lose weight treatment was very relaxing. Finally with his treatment, I am completely fit and fine.
Dr. Suneet Khanna provides answers that are very helpful. Thanks dr i will surely lose 5 kgs of wt
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Suneet Khanna to be very helpful. Thanx doc.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Suneet Khanna to be very helpful. Thanks
With growing digitalisation, the types of weight management consultations, which are offered online are also increasing at a rapid rate. These consultations range from being generic and applicable to all to specialised ones designed to suit your body type and lifestyle only.
- Designed to suit your convenience: These particular weight loss programs are available online which is why they are designed in a way to conform to your convenience. You can refer to them at any time when you feel is right, which makes them flexible and more comfortable to avail.
- They come with a variety of features: The online weight management courses come with a variety of features to suit your needs. Almost all programmes offer goal setting/target and a daily/weekly planner and tracker. Some also give you the liberty of choosing a free trial, weight loss buddy or interacting with the nutritionists privately in a separate chat room.
- Personalised help: Certain weight loss programmes give you the option of availing of personalised services of expert nutritionists via chat rooms or telephone and e-mail. These nutritionists aim to understand the composition of your body and design plans to suit your requirements accordingly. These plans are designed according to adhere to your comfort level and lifestyle which makes it a conducive choice.
- Opportunity to learn from a diverse group of instructors: Because these programs are based online, the instructors, advisors and nutritionists who apprise you are versatile in terms of their specialisation, diet planning, country of origin etc. They might have specialised in different forms of planning; for instance, a nutritionist based in Morocco will help you whip up healthy middle-eastern delicacies while someone else who specialises in functional training will be able to explain the various exercises which will help you lose weight.
There are many food items which would become stale after a few hours, but there are certain foods which may last forever without the need to can them or freeze or dehydrate. If an individual is new to the field of food storage, these staples can be an excellent way to begin.
- White rice: There are numerous researchers who have found that polished or white rice keeps up their nutrient content and flavour for almost 30 years if it can be stored in oxygen-free containers in temperatures that range below 40 degrees Fahrenheit. Brown rice, on the other hand, doesn’t last more than six months owing to the availability of natural oils in the bran layer.
- Honey: Honey is preferably the only food that would last forever due to the perfect chemistry and the handiwork of the bees. The nectar extracted from the flower gets mixed with the enzymes present in the bees’ bodies which alter the composition of the nectar. The nectar is further broken down into simple sugars and is accumulated in the honeycombs. The processing, as well as sealing of the honey, is primarily responsible for the incredible shelf life.
- Salt: Since sodium chloride is a mineral which is taken from the natural components of the earth, its shelf-life should come as a natural consequence. It is used for centuries as a means of preserving other food products as it can extract out all the moisture. But this doesn’t indicate that the table salt would last forever. Experts say that the addition of the iodine to the table salt reduces the shelf life of the salt which means that if the label says that it is an iodized salt, it will not last over five years.
- Soy sauce: When left unopened, a container filled with soya sauce would last for a significantly long period. But it is also dependent on the type of soy sauce and the additives used. Even if the soy sauce has been opened, this salty condiment will last for many years if stored in the refrigerator.
- Sugar: Quite similar to many items, the storage process of the sugar determines whether the sugar is going to last for long or not. Granulated and powdered sugar must be kept under an airtight condition to steer clear of moisture. Although retailers are needed to provide the manufacturing dates of the sugar, manufacturers say that the sugar remains edible even if it has hardened and become brown.
- Pure maple syrup: Pure maple syrup, as well as commercial sugars such as granular sugars and honey, has an irresistible life owing to its shield against any kinds of microbial growth. Unopened maple syrup shall last forever, and in case there is the formation of mould, boiling it to a certain degree and skimming the surface and ultimately pouring it to a clean and air-tight container would eliminate all the problems.
- Clarified butter: This kind of butter is boiled unless the total moisture is extracted, which is the reason that it doesn’t go bad. As long as the clarified butter or ghee is stored in sealed container under cool temperature, it would last for about 100 years.
Being overweight or obese leads to many health problems and thus, controlling your diet to reduce fat and weight can help you get your life back. However, one the other side of the spectrum, being too skinny can also be unhealthy. You could also be clinically of a proper weight, but might want to put on some muscle. Diets for both the sides will thus vary greatly.
- Include more of dark leafy vegetables in your diet: These vegetables are store houses of many important nutrients, such as vitamins, proteins, fibers and antioxidants and also contain no fats.
- Cereals and grains: It is important that we replace refined flour and fried foods, such as parathas or poori and replace them with whole healthy grains. Some examples of these grains are whole wheat bread, brown rice, rotis and oats.
- Lean meats: Certain forms of meat, which have been prepared without too much oil and spice are good as weight loss diet ingredients. Chicken, turkey, sweet-water fish among others are good choices.
- Fruits: Fruits are also a good option as they have natural sugar within them and can provide a boost of energy without requiring processed sugars. Melons, Oranges, berries, guavas are all good examples as they also help in regulating body functions.
Diets for weight gain:
- Peanuts: This ingredient is a good source of protein and unsaturated fats, which will help you build muscle and put on some extra weight. If you are working out at the gym to gain muscles peanuts can provide you with the required calories and protein to put on weight.
- Bananas: This fruit is not only a source of potassium, but also a source of good sugar which can easily be converted into energy within the body and can help build muscles and thus enable you to put on weight the healthy way.
- Eggs: Eggs, especially egg yolk is known to be rich in protein and fats and can help you gain weight quickly. However, it is advised not to eat multiple eggs and limit its consumption to three or four eggs weekly as it can contribute to bad cholesterol within the body.
- Chocolate: Some amount of chocolate in your food also helps you to put on weight although excessive consumption may lead to elevated blood sugar levels. However, chocolates in moderation and regularity will help you put on weight healthily.
With the growing market for organic products, there is a widespread confusion on which product to choose. The same dilemma holds good in selecting the type of bread. White bread or brown bread? People are not sure which one to eat to stay healthy. A few quick facts about the two types of bread and which one should be consumed to stay healthy, are given below
White bread is made out of refined wheat flour that has nothing to offer for the body. During the process of making white bread, the bran and wheat germ is removed from the wheat flour and Potassium Bromate, Benzoyl Peroxide or Chlorine Dioxide gas are used for bleaching to generate the whiteness. Potassium Bromate is highly dangerous if consumed in large doses. Chlorine dioxide is also used as a pesticide and is considered hazardous to the environment. When a large amount of white bread is consumed, the refined carbohydrates generate high levels of insulin thus, resulting in higher chances of weight gain. In spite of being globally popular, white bread is highly unhealthy for your body. It is completely devoid of nutrients and it is as harmful as table sugar for the digestive system.
The American Academy of Pediatrics has revealed that whole wheat brown bread is rich in nutrients compared to the white bread. One major factor contributing to the above-mentioned fact is the amount of fiber present in whole wheat brown bread. The increased fiber content slows down the digestion process and thereby, reduces the effect on blood sugar and production of insulin. Other nutrients that are present in brown bread include vitamin B6, E, Folic acid, Zing, Copper and Manganese. Brown bread has lesser amount of calcium as compared with brown bread. Many manufacturers claim that they produce brown bread with the same amount of calcium as in white bread. Whole wheat bread contains Phytonutrient also called as plant lignans that have been observed to protect against heart diseases and breast cancer.
Things to consider while buying Brown Bread
The declining demand for white bread has forced a lot of manufacturers to use caramel as a coloring agent to darken white to brown bread. So buyers need to carefully look for the ingredients mentioned in the packing to ensure that they are buying the right product. It is important to check the first ingredient to see whether it is whole wheat or whole meal flour. If the word "enriched" is used, it means that the same flour used for white bread is used. Look for the bread with the minimum ingredients to ensure that you get maximum nutrients and very little additives. Also, make sure the amount of the following ingredients are as given below; sodium should be lesser than 401mg, saturated fat should be 1gm and fiber needs to be 4gm per 2 slices of serving.
To conclude, when it comes to organic and fitness oriented scenarios, brown is always better than white.
Maintaining a healthy diet is of prime importance during a wedding season. Slightest of negligence can lead to unaccounted fat, leading to cardiovascular and other diseases. While working out can help to stay away from putting on the extra pounds, a healthy diet goes a long way in ensuring that the body functions at the optimum level.
- Stay away from unnecessary fat: Most wedding parties have numerous food options. The high fat items such as dairy product, oily dishes should be eschewed in order to ensure that the body is not overstuffed with unnecessary fat that is difficult to get rid of.
- Look at the portion size: Another good way of maintaining a healthy diet is to pick and choose the right dishes and go for small portion size rather than going all out for the one dish one likes. There is no harm in trying multiple dishes, but the same should be done in small portion sizes.
- Planning for the day: One critical aspect of eating healthy is to eat throughout the day. On the day of a wedding, there are many people who tend to save the stomach for the party meal or drink. This is a very bad approach as far as eating healthy is concerned. A good way to plan the day is to eat light throughout the day. Salad, for instance, comes as a relief during the wedding session.
- Making a routine: Sticking to a diet chart helps a great deal in maintaining a healthy diet. The diet chart should comprise of multiple options. For instance, one need not stick to an oatmeal for breakfast every morning. Variety will help to break the monotony and encourage a person to stick to the diet routine.
- Calorie count: In continuation of the diet chart, keeping a rough count of the calorie consumed on a daily basis also helps to stick to a healthy diet. Calorie count is a good way of keeping track of what one is eating and how much impact it will have in the longer run. Since wedding parties tend to possess a lot of food items, a rough calorie count will help an individual to balance the calorie count in the next few days.
- Refrain from too much drinking: Staying away from alcohol can be difficult in wedding parties, but their consumption increases the urge to eat more. It, therefore, makes sense to not consume more than a couple of drinks in any wedding party.
It is very common for women to gain weight post menopause. A range of factors are responsible for this, such as slow metabolism, degradation of the muscle tissue and hormonal fluctuations, resistance to insulin, inadequate sleep to name a few. To make things worse, the fat on the thighs and hips gets transferred to a lower portion of the abdomen. This not only makes the whole body posture ugly, but increases the risk of heart diseases and diabetes. It is therefore very important to lose weight and maintain the right BMI.
- Calorie count: Contrary to the popular belief, a drastic restriction in diet can do more harm than good. A less calorie count results in muscle loss and restricts the ability to digest protein. A better strategy, therefore, is to watch out for portion size rather cutting down on the diet. Frequent eating in small quantities can help in ensuring that the body retains its metabolic rate and weight gain is restricted at the same time.
- A healthy diet: A healthy diet necessarily need not restrict to fruits and vegetables. It essentially means cutting down on junk and processed food. In this regard a low carb diet greatly helps in losing weight, so is the case with a vegetarian and Mediterranean diet. However, be it any diet, the important thing is to ensure that it is freshly prepared and consumed at the right quantity.
- Exercise: Exercise is perhaps the single most important factor after or during a menopause. It not only helps to lose weight but helps to improve the mood, improve bone density and helps the body to tackle muscle loss. Cardio and aerobic training are known to be extremely effective for the purpose of losing weight. A recent research report suggests that performing repetitive exercise can be more effective than performing a variety of exercises. The trick is to keep the exercise schedule going every single day.
- Getting adequate rest: In order to maintain a healthy weight, getting adequate sleep is extremely important. People who tend to sleep little have a higher concentration of ghrelin hormone. The latter is known as the hunger hormone of the body that is responsible for the urge of eating. Less sleep also decreases the level of leptin hormone that gives a sense of fulfilment to an individual. Many women reportedly suffer from sleep inefficiency and suffer from night sweats, hot slashes, and stress. If such behaviour continues for long, medical help is necessary.
- Stay away from stress: Stress relief plays a pivotal role in ensuring that a person does not put on weight during the menopause. Apart from contributing to weight gain, stress can result in lead to heart diseases, elevated cortisol, and abdominal fat.