Hair Nutrition - Ways To Help You Out!
Written and reviewed by
DDPHN, M.Sc - Food & Nutrition
20 years experience
Hair is the crowning glory and problem with hair can become very upsetting for everyone. There are different reasons for hair fall. Common reasons for hair fall are:
- Not nourishing hair adequately
- Not having balance diet, intake of high acidic diet.
- Weak liver
- Quick weight loss
- Post diseases &post pregnancy
- Sinusitis, migraine
- Excessive Use of chemicals, gels, styling products
- Consumption of protein should neither be too high nor too low, it should be in balance.
- Protein foods like non-vegetarian food, milk & its products give strength to hair and help them grow but an excess of these products makes hair follicle and body acidic that in turn causes hair fall.
- Vitamin D is very important for hair as a lack of vitamin D may attack the follicles and hence weakening the hair. Sun rays are the best source of this vitamin, along with that we can add dairy products like milk, curd, paneer, green leafy vegetables to diet.
- Vegetarian diet is more useful as plant proteins are less acidic and more alkaline than animal protein. If taking non-vegetarian food, along with it take alkaline foods like vegetable juices, salads, soups, sprouts, fruits.
- Vitamin B and vitamin C are important for the adequate growth of the hair shaft and roots. Fruits like oranges, guava, grapes, pomegranate etc should be taken in plenty. The consumption should be of 2 fruits daily Vegetable juices like carrot, beetroot, lauki, ginger, aloevera can be mixed to make a health cocktail.
- Nuts are important in hair growth as they provide essential fatty acids. One can take flax seeds, olives, almonds, walnuts.
- Herbs like trifala (harar, behar, amla) tulsi, lemon are very good in detoxifying liver and thus removing toxins from body.
Beside these, manage your stress and anxiety .PRANAYAM is most effective in managing stress and thereby hair fall.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult a specialist
& get answers to your questions!
found this helpful