The liver is the body’s largest internal organ. The size of a football, it lies just under your ribcage, on the right side. Its main job is to filter your blood and pass the detoxified blood to the rest of your body. In doing so, it produces bile and excretes all the toxic wastes from the body. Over time, your liver can become damaged and can lead to long-term (chronic) impairment.
Why does the liver gets damaged?
Chronic liver disease has many causes-
• Hepatitis or any other chronic viral disease
• Alcohol abuse
• Fatty liver
• Autoimmune disorders like autoimmune hepatitis, primary biliary cirrhosis, etc
• Blocked bile ducts
• Exposure to toxic chemicals
• Repeated episodes of heart failure leading to blood buildup in the liver
• Inherited diseases like high blood galactose level, glycogen storage diseases, cystic fibrosis, alpha 1-antitrypsin deficiency, porphyria, Wilson’s disease and hemochromatosis
What are the symptoms of chronic liver disease?
• Yellowish skin and eyes
• Abdominal pain
• Abdominal swelling
• Accumulation of excess fluid within the abdomen
• Swelling in the legs and ankles
• Itching in skin
• Dark urine colour
• Bloody or pale or tar coloured stool
• Chronic fatigue
• Weakness or fatigue
• Loss of appetite
• Sudden weight loss or gain
• Easy bruising
• Slow healing of wounds
• Dilated capillaries on the upper chest and arms
• Gynaecomastia (enlargement of breasts in males)
• Increased irritability
• Poor concentration
• Poor memory
Role of homeopathy in treating chronic liver disease:
Homeopathy has a natural holistic approach towards both acute and chronic liver problems. It does not suppress the diseases and its symptoms. The homeopathic medicines attack the root cause of the disease like viral infection, genetics, metabolic changes etc. The relevant homeopathic medicines reduce the symptoms of chronic liver disease like pain in the muscles, diarrhea, fever, jaundice, dark coloured urine, liver enlargement etc.
They have no side-effects on your health. They strengthen your immunity system. They influence your body to initiate its own healing and restorative processes and then completely eradicate the disease. Therefore, they also prevent any future recurrence of the disease.
Homeopathic intervention revives the liver cells and improves your prognosis. If you opt for treatment early in your condition, it helps you prevent severe complexities like liver failure, which is a life-threatening condition, or liver transplant.