Alanine transaminase test is performed to determine the level of alanine transaminase in blood. Alanine transaminase is a type of an enzyme which made by cells present in the liver. A liver plays a vital in human body system such as storing vitamins and iron, cleansing of blood by removing toxins, production of proteins, production of bile which helps in the process of digestion.
The proteins secreted by liver helps in the breakdown of another kind of proteins present in different food, to improve the body in the smooth absorption of those proteins. The level of alanine transaminase will help the medics in analyzing the condition of the liver, whether it is healthy or suffering from diseases or some infections.
Since this test done through blood samples, hence this test is also no different from a regular blood test. You just need to follow the instructions mentioned by your test taker.
You also have to mention all types of medication you are having, the kinds of infections or allergies you are other than the things related to this test. You should be honest while having such test because any side effect happened during such test the can cause harmful after results making your survival difficult.
The Alanine transaminase test, the healthy functioning of the liver and to detect whether the liver is suffering from an infection or disease. The level of Alanine transaminase indicates the fitness level of Liver. The increased level of Alanine transaminase indicates liver damage, few of infections are cirrhosis, hepatitis, kidney related issues, blockage of the bile duct, etc.
Well now that you know the test is just like other blood tests, the method would also be just like the procedure done for blood tests. The test taker or an expert known as phlebotomist will perform some steps to take out your blood samples. The levels mentioned below:
1. First, he will wipe out the selected area for taking the blood sample with some spirit or antiseptic.
2. Now to locate the nerve more clearly, the test taker will tie an elastic band around the above of your shoulder.
3. Now comes the time for the blood sample, by inserting injection he will take the blood sample according to the requirement and will collect those in the closed tube.
4. Cotton or a bandage will be immediately placed on the part from where the blood sample is taken out.
5. Also, the elastic band will now be removed, and the blood sample will be sent for further inspection.
6. The results mostly take 2-3 days; your doctor will tell you the exact time.
All age groups