The health benefits of mustard essential oil are plentiful. It can improve your circulation and also works as a strong stimulant, making your entire body function well and stay healthy. It can aid various systems in your body such as the digestive system, respiratory system, and even your immune system to an extent. It fights against bacterial and fungal infections and can be used on internal and external infections. It is extremely good for your muscles and their growth and development. It can help with the pain and inflammation caused by arthritis. Mustard essential oil is also well known for being an excellent toner and can also help relief random problems like headaches, cough, cold, congestion, irregular bowel movements, and so on.
Mustard essential oil is extracted from the mustard seed through steam distillation. This essential oil has varying connotations depending on where you come from in the world. For instance, in Asian countries, especially India and Bangladesh, this oil is widely used for culinary purposes and is fairly popular. However, in western countries, this oil is not considered suitable for consumption and has a reputation for being toxic. In certain countries, it is even sold as massage oil, but again, is not considered edible. Whatever the reputation may be, this essential oil has a ton of health benefits and can be used quite safely by everyone.
Mustard essential oil has all the nutrients of the mustard seed. In 100 grams of mustard oil, you will find 884 calories. It has a total fat content of 100 grams, including 12 grams of saturated fat, 21 grams of polyunsaturated fat, and 59 grams of monounsaturated fat. It has 0 mg of sodium in it along with 0 g of carbohydrates and proteins. It does not contain any Vitamins and minerals that are essential to your body. However, mustard essential oil does contain a few vital chemical components in it. It has important fatty acids like oleic, linoleic, and erucic acid as well as an important substance called Allyl isothiocyanate, which contributes to its many health benefits.
Mustard essential oil is used to boost circulation as it is a strong stimulant. This is extremely good for you because it provides oxygenated blood to your different organs at a much faster rate, improving their general function and productivity. It also promotes the secretion of gastric juices and bile from the liver and spleen, keeping your digestive system intact. Mustard essential oil also impacts persistalsis in the intestines, leading to better and more regular bowel movements.
While this may not sound like a benefit, it definitely is one. If your organs are numb or not functioning correctly, an irritant can be used as a stimulus to jump start it, in a sense. It can show how well the organ responds to external stimulus and whether or not it is in a good condition. Moreover, mustard essential oil is also used to stimulate the growth of muscles and to pump them up by exciting them.
Mustard essential oil can be used by people who rarely feel hungry and are underweight or undernourished. This is because this oil can boost your appetite and make you want to eat more. This happens due to the fact that this oil is both, a stimulant and an irritant. It pumps up your stomach and also facilitates the secretion of gastric juices and bile, which creates the feeling of hunger in most people. Thus, it can encourage you to eat more by making you feel hungry.
Mustard essential oil is known for fighting bacterial infections as well, as it has strong antibacterial properties. It works well on external and internal infections. Externally, it can be applied topically on to a wound to prevent it from getting infected. Internally, it can help against infections that occur in the colon, urinary tract, digestive system, and the excretory system in general.
Mustard essential oil contains allyl isothiocyanate in it, which has strong antifungal properties. It can therefore prohibit the growth of fungus anywhere on the body. Furthermore, if you already are suffering from a fungal infection, you can use this essential oil to kill the fungus and get rid of the infection.
Insect bites can be extremely dangerous. You never what kind of acid an insect might be carrying and may secrete into your body when it bites you. This can lead to all sorts of health problems from dermatitis to malaria, which is why you should always be careful if there are insects present around you. Many store bought bug repellants contain chemicals that can have side effects if inhaled or exposed to your skin. This is why a lot of people prefer home remedies, especially if they have to use the repellant on a regular basis. Mustard essential oil is one such home remedy. It can be used effectively in vaporizers or fumigants to drive away any insects that might be present in your home or your surroundings, keeping you safe from their bites and diseases.
In many cultures, using essential oils is a vital part of hair care. Different essential oils contribute different benefits to your hair and are used accordingly. Mustard essential oil is also very good for your hair. Since it is filled with fatty acids like oleic acid and linoleic acid, it can be used to revitalize your dull hair. It also has stimulating effects due to which it increases the circulation in the scalp, which helps it stay healthy. The hair roots are nourished well by the fatty acids in the oil. Mustard essential oil, if used on a regular basis on your hair, can prevent hair loss.
Mustard essential oil is a cordial substance. This means that it brings warmth to your body. It also warms up your entire respiratory system and prevents the formation and accumulation of excess amounts of phlegm. As a result, it improves your breathing and can protect you from a number of breathing disorders like asthma and bronchitis. Its stimulating effects keep the respiratory system healthy while its irritant effects work on the phlegm to keep it away. It is therefore a good oil to use if you suffer from congestion and breathing problems.
Sweating is an important body function. It helps you get rid of all the unwanted toxins in your body like ureic acid, excess water, fats and salts. The buildup of these toxins can be quite harmful and can lead to many health problems. This is why inducing sweat through mustard essential oil is good for your system.
Mustard essential oil works as a toner. This means that it can tone up your entire system and keep it healthy. It ensures that all your organs and systems run smoothly by stimulating the secretion of important hormones and enzymes. Most hormones and enzymes are responsible for the way our body works and ensuring that they are secreted in the right amounts and at the right time can really have a huge impact on the positive functioning of your body as a whole. Furthermore, mustard essential oil even helps you boost up your immune system, thus protecting you from a range of diseases and infections.
Mustard essential oil has been used since ancient times in order to provide relief from the symptoms of rheumatoid and arthritis. It can help with the pain that is caused by these problems when applied topically onto the joints that hurt. Moreover, mustard essential oil can also help with the inflammation in these areas, bringing you a ton of relief.
Apart from the ones listed above, mustard essential oil provides a wide range of health benefits to your system. It can help you treat a variety of problems like headaches, cough, cold, congestion that occurs due to coughs and colds, pain in the body, and even hampered muscle growth. You can rub this oil on your gums to strengthen them.
Mustard essential oil has popular culinary uses in India and Bangladesh, where it is an essential part of the cuisine. It adds a unique flavor to the food. This oil is also used in massages due to the various benefits it leads to in the muscular system, for pain control, and even for the general circulation of blood in the body. Mustard essential oil is rarely used in aromatherapy. This is because it does function as an irritant and therefore, does not have the calming effects that one desires during aromatherapy. It has been used in herbal and Ayurvedic medicine since ancient times and is proven to be quite useful for a number of different ailments.
Mustard essential oil has a reputation for being toxic, however, this is disproved by the pregnant women in India and Bangladesh that consume this oil on a regular basis and do not show signs of adverse effects on their children. It is even used to massage children to stimulate their growth and development. If you have extremely sensitive skin, or are vulnerable to allergies, you should definitely perform a patch test to see whether or not it gives you an allergic reaction as this oil definitely shows the properties of an irritant. On a general note, it is always preferable to speak to your doctor or herbalist before adding anything new to your lifestyle or diet just to make sure that you don’t accidentally cause harm to your system, rather than the benefits.
Mustard comes from the foothills of the Himalayas, and also grows naturally in Africa, the middle east, and Mediterranean Europe. As a condiment, mustard is used all over the world, which is why finding mustard essential oil is also not particularly difficult no matter where you life. You can easily find this oil at any shop that specializes in herbal medication.
The incidences of various heart ailments are on a mercurial rise. The problem is no longer related to old age. There are many young adults in their early 30's suffering from heart problems (mild to severe). Some people swear by conventional medications and therapies. There is no denying the effectiveness or credibility of conventional treatments, but one cannot neglect the side effects that come tagged along. Some of the advanced heart treatments are also very expensive. Does that mean one will never be able to enjoy a healthy and disease free heart? The solution to the problem lies in Ayurveda.
However, both current drug and Ayurveda agree that there are things you can do each day to keep your heart healthy and we have a few recommendations to help you. Pick maybe a couple and begin with those in the event that you like, then include a couple all the more at regular intervals until you are normally carrying on with a heart-healthy way of life. Reward your heart, as well as your whole physiology will be much obliged.
Practiced since ancient times, Ayurveda has gained immense recognition and popularity. Ayurveda believes that for a disease free health, the three energies or doshas- Vata, Pitta, and Kapha dosha should be in equilibrium. With Ayurvedic treatment, it is possible to enjoy a healthy heart provided one follows the Ayurvedic treatment and the healthy lifestyle modifications diligently.
Panchakarma: With Panchakarma, one can treat and manage almost all the health disorders including heart problems. The Panchakarma Therapy is carried out to detoxify the body of all the harmful substances and toxins. The detoxification involves five steps (each step specific to certain health conditions). The steps involved in Panchakarma are
A person is also given Oleation (massaging the body with herbal oil) and Fomentation (made to sweat profusely) before carrying out the treatment to ensure that the toxin becomes soft and loose.
Diabetes is often called the silent killer. This is because you would not even know when it sneaks up on you. It may not have any symptoms initially but once you have it, you would need lifelong administration of drugs. Diabetes or diabetes mellitus, is a metabolic disease in which sugar does not get metabolized properly in the body. This means that the blood sugar levels continue to be high, threatening the normal functioning of the body.
Types of Diabetes
There are three types of diabetes. These are:
Type 1 Diabetes: this is a condition in which in which the body does not produce insulin at all. Patients suffering from this condition may need to take insulin supplements for the rest of their life, in order to properly metabolize sugar in the body. This is a very rare, genetic condition.
Type 2 Diabetes: this is a condition in which the insulin product is impaired and there is not enough insulin in the body for metabolizing sugars properly. This leads to high blood sugar and eventually, the symptoms of diabetes.
Gestational Diabetes: This is an affliction of pregnant women. Some women’s bodies may not be able to produce enough insulin at the time of pregnancy and therefore they have excess sugar in their blood stream. Gestational diabetes may be harmful for both the mother and the baby.
Diabetes Treatment in Ayurveda
For Ayurvedic treatment of diabetes, the first step is usually dietary planning and lifestyle change. Adopting a more active lifestyle, and a healthy, balanced diet low on sugars and starches, is a must. You must begin by avoiding sugars in all forms. This means you will have to get rid of rice, potatoes, white bread, sugar coated cereals, bananas, colocasia and much more. Add a lot of green leafy vegetables to your diet to improve your nutritional status and metabolism. In addition to these, also add some herbs to your diet. Ayurvedic herbs that act as natural medicine for diabetes include turmeric, bitter gourd, gurmar leaves, bael, fenugreek and many more.
Apart from diabetes Ayurvedic treatment, you could also practice yoga, which can help you improve your health. Several yogic asanas help massage your internal organs so that they are healthier and can function much better. Some of the asanas are especially beneficial for the pancreas, which produce insulin. You may have to make some changes to your lifestyle as well. For starters, you will have to maintain a more active lifestyle. You will also have to avoid sleeping in the daytime. Avoid smoking and consuming alcohol and take extra care of your feet.
Here are a few home remedies that may help cure diabetes naturally:
Juice of Bitter Gourd:
You may consume 30ml of fresh juice of Karela/ bitter melon every day early in the morning. You can also mix it with other things to make simple recipes and consume it.
How to prepare:
Separate the seeds and mix the fruit in the mixer. Add a little bit of water and mix it in the blender. Use a sieve to obtain the juice.
Small and thin pieces of the bitter gourd are cut. Fry them with some mustard oil and the required quantity of salt. Add green chillies and onions to the pan and heat the mixture for 10-15 minutes.
Aloe Vera and Ground bay leaf:
The mixture of aloe vera gel (1 tbsp), ground bay leaf (1/2 tsp), and turmeric (1/2 tsp) is recommended to be taken twice a day before lunch and dinner for effective hyperglycaemic control.
Methi seeds, also known as Fenugreek seeds, when taken by itself or in combination with other Ayurvedic herbs, can act as an effective remedy to lower the symptoms of diabetes.
How to prepare:
Grind a few Methi seeds and turmeric together and take it with a glass of milk at least twice a day.
Soak fenugreek seeds in warm water overnight followed by chewing it in the morning.
Soak 4tbsp of fenugreek seeds in about 300ml of water overnight and chew it the following morning.
Prepare chapattis with fenugreek seed powder
The powdered seeds of Eugenia jambolana (about 1 tsp) should be taken twice a day with lukewarm water. Jamun has the beneficial property of not allowing the starch in food to get converted into sugar.
Amla juice (Embelica officinalis) (20 ml) two times a day is beneficial for a diabetic patient. You may also use powdered ‘Amla’ powder and consume it twice a day.
Banyan Tree Bark:
A decoction of the bark of banyan tree is taken (50 ml) twice a day.
Preparation method: 20 gm of the banyan tree bark is boiled in 4 glasses of water. Evaporate the water until only about one glass of the decoction is remaining and drink it when it is warm.
Cinnamon powder is probably considered as one of the most important home remedies.
How to prepare: Add 3-4 Tbsp of cinnamon powder and add to one litre of water and boil the same for about 20 minutes. Strain this mixture and cool the same. It is recommended to consume it every day.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
" Healthy food" -As the label says and people buy the packet.
Are these foods actually good as we imagine they will be?
Here is a list of food items we think are healthy but ther aren't.
1. Vegetable oils: generally marketed as heart healthy, but experts say they are worst for cooking. They have unnatural levels of pufa n omega-6 fatty acids along with chemical additives therby causing infertility, hormonal trouble, obesity, heart, liver n kidney damage. One must consume kachchi ghani mustard oil, coconut oil or homemade desi ghee in limited amount or as suggested by dietician.
2. Artificial sweeteners: or sugarfree: are extremely unhealthy. Some contain aspartame known to induce cancer. Instead one can use honey, stevia or jaggery.
3. Breakfast cereals: like cornflakes, wheatflakes, meusli etc. They have high sugar content, processed grains, additives n sodium salts. One must consume a good homemade breakfast to start your day with like poha, parathas, upma, cheela, omlette etc that has good nutritional value and give satiety too.
4. Baked chips or namkeens: as the packet says fat free or 90% less fat, but experts say they have equal calorie content as fried chips or namkeens. So one must choose roasted seeds, chana, murmura, makhana and nuts for munching.
5. Bottled ice tea: it contains a lot of sugar and no antioxidant of which tea is an excellent source, means primary reason to drink tea is missing.
Plain water, lemon water, coconut water or fresh juice are better options.
6. Microwaved popcorn: these have 3 times more calories as compared to regular popcorn. While making on stove we can adjust butter, oil or salt content.
7. Frozen packaged meat: it contains potentially dangerous chemicals to help it last longer. Frozen meat loses its nutritional value.
We need to choose wisely when trying to buy healthy food from market.
ANGINA PECTORIS [ANGINA]
Pain in the region of heart on exertion is known as angina pectoris.
• Inadequate supply of blood and oxygen to the heart is the main reason.
• Atherosclerosis of the coronary artery.
• Increased triglycerides and cholesterol.
• Sedentary life.
• Lack of exercise.
• Sudden emotional upsets.
• Chronic consumption of alcohol.
• Chronic smoking.
• Drug abuse like – cocaine etc.
• Diabetes mellitus.
• Family history.
SIGN AND SYMPTOMS:
• Pain in chest – crushing, constricting, sharp, burning pain with feeling of strangling and suffocating,
• Pain may radiate to both arms or mostly along the left arm to the little finger and the jaw, teeth, neck throat, epigastric region and between the shoulder blades.
• Pain is precipitated from exertion or on physical activity and subsides on rest.
• Pains last for few seconds to few minutes.
• May be associated with – short breath, anxiety, palpitation and nausea.
• Cut down salt (common table salt) intake in your diet to avoid hypertension. Intake should not exceed more then 2 to 2.5 gm a day.
• Avoid foods rich in cholesterol: ground nut oil, ghee, butter, whole milk, eggs, lard (fats derived from pig meat), tallow (fats derived from goat or sheep mutton), oily fish, meats and red meat – all non-vegetarian food contain cholesterol in varied amount.
• Avoid non-vegetarian food especially red meat.
• Increase intake of foods that contain PUFA's (poly unsaturated fatty acids) flax / linseed oil is the richest source of PUFA's. Other oils that contain PUFA's are sesame oil, mustard oil and olive oil. As all oils are high in fats, its consumption should be limited. The intake of oils should not exceed 20gms a day.
• Sesame oil and almond oil hinders the absorption of LDL (low-density lipoproteins), so it is advisable to use replace other cooking oils by sesame oil.
• Increase your intake of water.
• Consume whole grain cereals and whole pulses.
• Take high fiber diet - whole grains, bran, oat, green leafy vegetables, peas, beans, potatoes, raw vegetables, salads, dried fruits and fresh fruits.
• Eat fruits and vegetables with the skin.
• Cut down the intake of sugar and other sweeteners.
• Replace whole milk with semi-skimmed or skimmed milk.
• Avoid fat-rich portions of flesh foods. Instead have lean meat.
• Avoid fat-rich desserts and fried snacks like cakes, pastries, puddings etc
• Instead of frying food boil, steam, grill or roast food.
• Avoid coffee and caffeinated drinks, junk food – pizza, burgers etc.
• Consume food rich in magnesium
– Nuts and sea food, green leafy vegetables, sea plants like Japanese sea plants, whole grains, Peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
• Increase intake of vitamin C, it maintains the elasticity and integrity of the artery walls.
– Citrus fruits, green leafy vegetables.
– Eat vegetables- cabbage, broccoli, tubers- potatoes and sweet potatoes.
• Reduce calcium intake (reduce but do not completely avoid calcium as it is needed for maintenance of our body):-
– milk and sea food, nuts, green leafy vegetables, whole grains, peas, lotus stem, pulses, legumes and oil seeds
– Should avoid custard apple and banana as they are high in calcium.
• Reduce weight if obese.
• Stop smoking and alcohol consumption.
• Exercise regularly.
• Take brisk walks for 40 minutes daily morning.
• Practicing yoga and breathing exercises plays a very important role in lowering the cholesterol levels.
• Do some relaxation techniques like yoga, meditation etc to relieve the stress Change your lifestyle to reduce stress-physical or mental.
If you are looking for natural remedies for arthritis, you should opt for Ayurvedic treatment. Arthritis is a chronic, systemic inflammatory disease causing damage to your joints and connective tissues. The knee gets commonly affected. There are three primary types of arthritis, which occur in your knees. Ayurveda is ideal for arthritis treatment, and there are several Ayurvedic remedies that you can opt for.
How Does Ayurveda Approach Arthritis?
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis is based on the understanding of the various doshas or humors of the body. According to Ayurveda, there are four main humors in the body and it is these that govern our health, wellness and our proneness to disease. Arthritis, as per Ayurveda, is a condition caused due to the aggravation of vata dosha (air). The body produces ama – a toxin that is released as a by product of improper digestion. When ama is produced, it circulates in the body and gets deposited at sites that have already weakened. So when the vata is already stirring up, ama finds the perfect place to build up. That is why you experience arthritis in fingers or knees. For most people, arthritis in the knee is more painful than in the fingers because knees are load bearing joints. If you have arthritis in your knees, you will have trouble moving and the range of motion in your joints will be severely restricted. You may have to depend on people or walking aids to make even the smallest of movements.
Ayurvedic treatment for arthritis aims at balancing and stabilising the Vata component of your body. This is done by strengthening your alimentary canal and metabolic pathway. This makes sure that your circulatory channels do not get blocked by impurities, and are functioning properly. You need to drink a lot of water in order to detoxify your body. There are several Ayurvedic home remedies for arthritis treatment as well, which help in improving your motion range.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!