Breathing problem is a medical disorder wherein a person faces problems while inhaling or exhaling air. A breathing problem, if not severe is supposed to fade away with time. But if the breathing issues are long lasting and chronic, they can develop into severe disorders like asthma. The common modes of diagnosing a breathing problem by doctors are a chest X- Ray or a chest CT scan. Breathing problems can be treated through a combination of exercises, mild physical activity, and medications.
HOW IS BREATHING PROBLEMS DIAGNOSED?
Breathing through the mouth is the biggest cause for children developing a lisp (a common speech defect) when they talk.
Feeling short of breath is an experience known to us all. Shortness of breath is something we all experience at some points of our lives. When we utilize our respiratory system too much for our own comfort we experience shortness of breath. While sometimes normal, if you often have difficulty breathing, it just might be a sign of something that demands serious medical attention.
If you are the sort who often finds himself short of breath even when at rest, then chances are you are suffering from some form of ailment which is manifesting itself as shortness of breath and you have difficulty breathing.
Causes behind Being Shortness of Breath
Shortness of breath might be caused by something as common as a cold. Yes, your everyday cold might be the reason behind why you’ve lately had difficulty breathing. Acute sinusitis, another common cause of shortness of breath is caused when the sinuses get inflamed leading you to feel short of breath as you wait for recovery and your breathing difficulty to subside. Other chronic diseases too are associated with shortness of breath, the most disruptive being asthma.
If you’ve had difficulty breathing, along with other symptoms like:
• Congestion of the nasal passage with shortness of breath
• A runny nose in addition to feeling short of breath
• Your eyes feel watery or itchy with distinct difficulty in breathing
• Congestion of the chest and shortness of breath etc.
When doctors come across patients who have difficulty breathing and have frequent shortness of breath they conduct different tests to get to the root behind their malady of being short of breath.
Diagnosing Patients Who Are Short of Breath
In most of the more complex instances of shortness of breath symptoms, doctors tend to rely on Chest CT Scans to determine the cause of shortness of breath symptoms. In case your shortness of breath is caused by chronic sinusitis a special CT scan of the sinus may be in order to confirm the reason behind your shortness of breath.
Tests about your proneness to an allergy to breathing difficulty causes can also be ascertained by your doctor through allergy tests that determine whether it's an allergy that is the culprit behind your shortness of breath.
Treatment of Breathing Difficulty Causes
In the medical world breathing difficulty causes are known as triggers. If you find yourself short of breath often then avoid flare-ups of shortness of breath symptoms through triggers. Medical intervention like the following are also common to alleviate your difficulty breathing:
• Shortness of breath symptoms is treated with decongestants and antihistamines which help people experiencing difficulty breathing.
• People who feel short of breath frequently are given such medicines in oral form or as nasal sprays and it helps to dispel shortness of breath in many patients.
• Shortness of breath may also be minimized through inhaled steroids which lessen the suffering of being short of breath.
• Difficulty breathing is also treated with allergy shots that reduce the sensitivity or influence of triggers, in this case, allergens, and the person who was short of breath experiences some relief.
If you are experiencing difficulty breathing and regularly find yourself short of breath, it is time to seek expert help from pulmonologists and physicians who may help you with your shortness of breath. Their detailed information is available at Lybrate who connect you with all such experts in Gurgaon, Indore, Jaipur, Jalandhar, Lucknow. Shortness of breath and difficulty breathing is simply not the bother it used to be.