Hello doctor, I am 40 old male. I was having high bp 6 months ago. Bp was 170/110. I have seen 160/110, 145/100 few times before while random checks. I felt tired and weird feelings on the back fo the head. And anxiety feelings. Went to see doctor and she gave me propranolol la 20/2 times a day. Then ever 2 weeks bp was tested same time evening. Bp was like 140/90, 140/90, 140/80, 140/80, 120/80. I continued the medicines. And doctor told she gave me ciplar for not my bp but anxiety. When anxiety went down bp also became normal. And I can stop medicine may be needed. But for other reasons when I went to hospitals during day times bp was high, like 159/100, 150/00 etc. I was not anxious now but bp varies like this in the day times. Do I really have bp? And other doctors said propranolol is not good for bp and I must change it. I eat less salt, less fried and walks 5 km daily/4 days hopping your advice.

Hi, Lybrate user, you need to follow certain natural norms to lower down your bp apart from medication. Go for a walk in the morning to regulate blood circulation to combat your bp. Go for meditation to reduce stress in order to nourish your body conditioning the heart and to regularise your  digestive system, aswell. Tk, plenty of water ro hydrate your body. Your diet be easily digestible on time to avoid gastric disorder that triggers bp & raised heart rate. Tk, low fats fluid milk (calcium, beet juice, hibiscus tea, pomegranate juice (angiotensit ii), cranberry juice (anti inflamation & antioxidant ). All sorts of anti hypertensive medication be monitored. Avoid, junk food, alcohol ,nicotine and moving out in scorching sun. You can take homoeopathic medicine, being gentle,  rapid & safe in administration. Tk,  care.
check BP for 5 days morning and evening wothout medicine. and up load record for proper assessment good luck