Sodium blood test is one of the tests in which the electrolytes in your body are checked. Sodium is an essential electrolyte present in your body fluid and is responsible for the neuro-muscular activities. It helps in the cell functioning of the body and also regulates the amount of fluid in the body. When you are suffering from symptoms that may cause illness in brain, lungs, heart, kidney or adrenal glands, then the doctor may prescribe for electrolyte or sodium test. In the condition of dehydration, edema or other symptoms like confusion, thirst or dry mucus, sodium test may be prescribed to know the real issue.
There is no particular preparation required before the test. No diet change or fasting is required. You can eat your regular diet and drink as much water as you want. You should follow the instructions given by the doctor and stop taking any drug or medication if told by the doctor. Following the instruction is one of the most important things for accurate results. During the test, one should wear comfortable clothes like the sleeveless or half-sleeve shirts so that it is easy for the doctor to take the sample.
The test results are based on the sodium count present in the blood and vary between low, normal and
high sodium count. When the sodium counts do not lie in the normal range, then you may suffer from
different symptoms based on the fact if the number is less or more. Based on these counts the
medication or the further tests are prescribed by the doctor.
1. The normal results show the values from 135 to 145 mEq/L. But different labs may have a
different scale for the results.
2. The value above 145mEq/L is considered to be the high and known as hypernatremia.
3. The value below 135mEq/L is supposed to be low and known as hyponatremia.
The sodium test is the part of electrolyte panel or primary metabolic panel. A blood sample is collected
and sent to the lab for further analysis.
1. Both needle and your skin are cleaned with the alcohol or any disinfectant.
2. An elastic band is wrapped around the upper part of your elbow so that the veins can be easily
3. The needle is then injected into the visible vein, and the blood sample is collected into the tube
attached to the needle.
4. Your name is written on the tube consisting the sample and sent to the lab for further analysis.
All age groups
135 - 145mEq/L
When it comes to maintaining proper penis health, most men have a very good idea of what to do. They know all the basics of penis care, from taking care to wash properly to regularly inspecting the manhood to applying a high-quality penis health crème. But in the heat of the moment, when sexual fun is getting hot and heavy, a man might make a silly mistake. Those sexual mistakes can compromise penis health in a serious way.
Not sure what sexual mistakes might be a problem? Here's a list of the biggest issues a man might find himself doing when things are hot - and might regret when things cool off.
1. That lube isn't really lube. A man who is getting it on but suddenly realizes the need for lube might reach for whatever is handy, assuming a bottle of lube is not available - and sometimes that means he will try to use anything from shampoo or conditioner to lotion or cooking oils. Obviously these things are not meant for use as a sexual lubricant, and can lead to dry and cracked skin, irritation and more. Using lube designed specifically for the sexual purpose is always recommended.
2. The condom is too small. Though it is very important to always wrap it up before sexual activity, the wrapping itself might sometimes be the issue. Using a condom that is too small might lead to a little irritation in the heat of the moment, but a man can often ignore that for pursuit of pleasure. The aftermath is when things get rough, as the penis can develop small cuts, tears or even blisters from the use of a condom that is too tight. It pays to test out a variety of condoms to find the best fit.
3. There's been too much drinking. Sometimes a bit of inebriation can be a good thing, as it lowers inhibitions and can help both partners relax before the main event. But too much drinking can lead to serious problems, including trouble with getting it up or issues with stamina. But too much alcohol consumption can lead to even worse things, such as forgetting to use a condom or even suffering memory loss that leaves a man wondering just what happened the night before. Avoiding this is simple: don't drink too much before a bedtime romp.
4. Cleaning up is not a priority. There are plenty of bodily fluids sliding around during sexual activity, and much of that understandably winds up on a man's penis. From the natural lubrication that occurs during sex to the traces of spermicide in the condom, there can be several substances that linger. A man who doesn't clean off his penis after sex is asking for trouble, as those fluids can dry on the penis skin, leading to itching, irritation and redness, as well as a potential penis rash.
A man who pays attention to good penis care should always remember that caring for the penis extends to those moments when things are hot and heavy. Not only should a man be fully prepared for any sexual encounter, he should also be sure to take care to clean up well afterward. Maintaining good health should also include regular use of a high-quality penis health crème (health professionals recommend Man 1 Man Oil, which is clinically proven mild and safe for skin). Look for a crème that includes a multitude of vitamins and nutrients, such as vitamin A for odor-fighting properties, vitamin E to keep skin supple, and vitamin C to enhance sexual health. Amino acids such as L-arginine for blood vessel dilation and acetyl-L-carnitine for protection against peripheral nerve damage are also helpful. Combine it all in a Shea butter base and a man has the recipe for great penis health.
Glucose is the primary ingredient within the body which is turned into an energy source. This is what we use when we move, walk or make the slightest movements. To metabolize glucose into energy, your body needs insulin, which is a hormone produced within the pancreas. However, if the body doesn't react to the insulin or the pancreas is unable to produce enough, glucose cannot be converted into energy and thus results in type 2 diabetes.
Symptoms of type 2 diabetes
Causes of Type 2 diabetes
Some of the most common causes of Type 2 diabetes could be:
There three major factors that can help you prevent and reverse pre- and type II diabetes: proper diet and appropriate nutritional and herbal supplementation, exercise, and weight management.
Growth of hair may occur either on its own or after a particular treatment, inducing hair growth. There are various treatments as well as solutions for preventing and treating hair fall. Loss of hair occurs due to various reasons, including fungal infection on the scalp, genetic reasons, head injury and extreme fever. Homeopathic treatment is one of the finest branches of medical treatments that have been proved to be highly effective in curing hair fall and in promoting growth of hair.
• Homeopathy is a stream of medications that has been there for a long time and prepared with herbal and mineral sources.
• Many practitioners recommend homeopathic treatment for a long-term solution of hair loss.
Some of the most effective homeopathic medications for hair loss include:
• It is extracted from sandstones and human tissues.
• This medicine is very useful for strengthening the roots of hair and eliminating the dryness by offering total nourishment to the scalp and hair.
• Silicea is a growth enhancer and is one of the 12 tissue cell salts found in human beings.
• Kalium Carbonicum is a homeopathic medication that has been extracted from compounds that Egyptians used for preparation of glass.
• It is prescribed by homeopath practitioners all over the world to stop thinning and brittleness of hair, thereby promoting good hair growth.
• This medicine is good for individuals, who are orthodox in their belief.
• Homeopathic experts recommend lycopodium for the prevention of premature balding.
• It is particularly suitable for pregnant women and those who have recently given birth, as hair fall is a common symptom at this stage.
• It is generally prepared by distilling the spores of some evergreen plants like club moss, which is popularly referred to as staghorn moss.
• The preparation of Natrum muriaticum is executed from sodium chloride, which is commonly known as table salt.
• This medication has been proven to be very effective, where hair loss is caused from dryness of scalp, dandruff problems, skin diseases and menstrual disorders.
• It can also treat hair loss caused from hormonal imbalances and is a great solution for people who react emotionally to loss of hair.
Though the homeopathic treatment regime is filled with hoards of medicines, it is crucial to consult an expert to know which treatment would work for you and refrain from administering medicines on your own. This will help you to reap the benefits of homeopathic treatments and have desired growth of hair.