Hi, I am having a ringworm in groin area, a doc suggested me to use clobetasol. It worked but when I stop applying it, the red marks starts appearing again. It is increasing the area also, now extended to thighs and butts too. Can you please suggest whom to consult. Please recommend good doc.

If you don't stop that cream, you will develop permanent damage. You may be suffering from tinea cruris which is fungal infection of the inner thighs, groin and buttocks area. It is also called jock itch. It can be treated by taking four to six weeks of anti fungal treatment which includes tablets along with creams. Do not use soap over that area. Mistreatment with over the counter steroid containing creams like fourderm, panderm, quadriderm, dermi5, cloben g betnovate, dermikem oc, candid b etc lead to repeated case of recurrence and also side effects due to application. Do not use steroid containing combination creams. Please contact me using online consult option with photos for detailed prescription. Do not delay treatment as it may spread further on your body and also to other people living in the household.
No skin doctor will ever in his dreams also suggest you to use clobetasol. Kindly consult online for proper treatment now before your skin completely damaged.
Never use clobetasol in groin region for ringworm. It reduces itching and ringworm initially, but highly increases ringworm infection and make ringworm extremely difficult to treat. Clobetasol is a super potent steroid and this always increases any infection very high. Also, this make skin thin, white, black or red spots, red or white stretch marks. A true doctor never prescribe this. Now you should consult with a true consultant dermatologist.
It can be jock itch/fungal infection. U can try this wash the affected skin two to three times a day. Keep the affected area dry. Avoid excess affected skin irritation by wearing 100% cotton underwear. Avoid fabric softeners, bleaches, or harsh laundry detergents. Wash your workout clothes, underwear, socks, and towels after each use. Keep your affected area, inner thighs, and buttocks clean and dry, especially after you exercise and shower. After showering or bathing, dry the irritated affected area by gently patting it with a towel. Be sure to dry your skin thoroughly. Mix two tablespoons of apple cider vinegar in two cups of warm water. Wash the infected area with this solution and allow it to dry on its own. Another option is to apply a mixture of equal parts of white vinegar and coconut oil on the affected skin. Like hydrogen peroxide, rubbing alcohol can help kill off the fungus that's on the surface level of the skin. You can apply it directly to the affected area listerine: it has antiseptic, antifungal and antibacterial properties, which help treat skin problem here are some tips to help you manage the infection:avoid using oily skin products.Reduce your exposure to the sun. Exposure to the sun may trigger or worsen an episode, do not wear tight clothing. Wear breathable fabrics, such as cotton, to decrease sweating. For this homeopathic treatment is very effective for more details you can consult me.
Hi. Clobetasol is never advised in ringworm infection and on long term use it will just damage your skin. Initially it reduces itching and rashes due to its antiinflammatory effect but can never kill the fungus. So there wil be persistence of fungal infection with more number of lesions. Visit nearest dermatolgist in person if possible or online .thanks.