6844+ Best Dermatologists
Patient reviews for Dermatologists
Frequently Asked Questions
Dermatologists in India
Everyone has this will of looking younger and lively forever and to attain this there are some cosmetic procedures available that you can undergo. To get these procedures done you need to go to a dermatologist.
Types of Dermatologists Available in India
As skin is the largest organ of your body and for the treatment of various locations there are different specifications available in the field of dermatology.
The different types of dermatologist are listed below:
- Cosmetic dermatologist (helps in the improvement of health and appearance of the skin)
- Medical dermatologist (only focus on the maintenance of the health of your entire skin)
- Dermapathologosts (helps in the detection of any kind of ailment in using the hair, skin or any other tissues)
- Pediatric dermatologist (usually treats problems of skin of the children)
What training and qualifications do dermatologists have?
There are certain training and qualifications that a dermatologist must have and those training and qualifications are mentioned below:
- You need to complete your MBBS degree which will take 5½ years to finish.
- After you have completed your MBBS degree you need to do your post graduation with dermatology as your speciality
- Further you need to attain a fellowship which may take one to two years of time and doing this is not at all mandatory.
What types of conditions do dermatologists treat?
There are literally over thousand different types of medical conditions that can be treated by a dermatologist but the most common type of medical condition dermatologists treat are listed below:
- Hair loss
- Hair fall
- Skin cancer
What types of procedures do they do?
As there are so many different types of medical conditions, the treatment of these conditions will also vary a lot. The treatment procedures are going to vary from minor to major surgical procedures. Some of the procedures that a dermatologist can provide are listed below:
- Biopsies: This is done to eliminate conditions like skin cancer and other similar problems.
- Laser therapy: This is brought under application for the removal of sun spots, tattoos, acne, warts, moles, wrinkles, etc.
- Surgical excision: This is performed for the removal of growths which can be lesions, moles, skin tags, etc.
- Cryotherapy: This procedure uses controlled exposure to very low temperatures for the removal of tumors, warts, skin tags, etc.
- Chemical peels: This procedure is done for the removal of damaged skin.
- Mohs surgery: This procedure is done for the removal of thin layers of tissue which is present around the tumor and is a cancer surgery.
- Sclerotherapy: This procedure is done for the treatment of varicose and spider veins.
- Cosmetic injections: This procedure helps in diminishing the appearance of sagging skins and wrinkles with the injection of fillers and botox.
- Tumescent liposuction: This procedure is done for the removal of any kind of unwanted fat from a particular part of your body.
- Dermabrasion: This procedure is an exfoliating technique and is used for the reduction of appearance of age spots, fine lines, precancerous skin patches.
When should I make an appointment with a dermatologist?
You should make an appointment with your dermatologist as you experience the following problems which are listed below:
- Patch of skin or a mole that has changed its shape, size of even it's color
- Dark spots on your face (hyperpigmentation)
- Skin cancer
- Severe or persistent acne
- Nail disorders
- Signs of aging
- Long lasting skin irritation
- Varicose and spider veins
How should I prepare for my first dermatologist appointment?
There are so many things that you should do before making an appointment to meet your doctor for the treatment or diagnosis of your problem. Some of the things that you should prepare yourself for are listed below:
- You should make a list of the issues you want to discuss with your dermatologist.
- You should keep a note about all the changes that have occurred in your body.
- You should not have put on any kind of make up.
- You should be aware of all your allergies.
How to find a dermatologist
You can find a dermatologist by getting suggestions from your parents, friends, etc or by visiting a website named lybrate and can find the best doctor for yourself from the option coming on the screen.
What is the difference between dermatologists and estheticians?
The basic difference between a dermatologist and esthetician is that a dermatologist is a specialist who is concerned only with the health of your skin whereas an esthetician also known as skin care specialist is known to provide services which are leaned towards the improvement of the external appearance of the skin.
What do dermatologists do?
The work of a dermatologist can be divided into three different categories which are:
- Medical (treatment of conditions like plaque psoriasis, acne, rosacea, etc)
- Surgical (removal of moles, warts, etc.)
- Cosmetic (improvement of your appearance through treatment of your skin issues)
Can a dermatologist help you get rid of dark spots?
Yes, a dermatologist can help you get rid of dark spots by prescribing some creams to light up these spots and he can also perform certain procedures for the removal of these spots.
Do dermatologists provide skin whitening face washes?
No, dermatologists do not provide or prescribe any kind of skin whitening face wash.
How much does a dermatologist charge in India?
The cost of seeing a dermatologist in India is said to be around Rs. 500 to 600.