Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My father is suffering from diabetes past 5 years What should be done to get rid of this.

4 Doctors Answered
It depends the severity level of diabetes .and how chronic it is .you can consult online for more details.
1 person found this helpful
Hi sir this is Dr. Verma here. Tell me the blood sugar levels of fasting and pp blood sugar of your father. Check for HbA1c level. What type of medicine is here taking. There'after any medicine can be advised.
Hello, Thanks for the query. WHen a person has diabetes, (confirmed by fasting, PP glucose levels & HbA1 c%)then there is a need to take specific treatment with suitable drugs, plus diet restriction and regular exercise and weight maintenance. Treatment has to be strictly followed and it is for life time. Thanks.
Strict diabetic diet, regular exercise and if blood sugar not controlled medicines to be added as per advice of your Physician.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.