I have suffered from thyroid and diabetic. I am taking 100 mg eltroxin for thyroid daily and 14 units in morning and 8 unit of humalog mix for debit along with 1000 mg glycomet trio forte 2.i want to stop injection and to be only on intake medicines. Any solution or suggestions?

lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. The very fact that you have been advised to take Insulin injections for controlling blood glucose, suggests that only oral drugs seem to be not working effectively. This happens in persons whose blood glucose is exceptionally high to begin with. In some cases it is possible to do away with Insulin after some 3 to 4 months, once a strict control is achieved. Since there is no mention about your current glucose levels and HbA1c%, it is difficult to comment. Unless all the details are made available like: current fasting, PP glucose levels, HbA1c%, dietary pattern, extent of daily exercise, BP readings, lipid profile and exact dosage of various medications being taken, Based on those details, I will be able to asses the situation and then decide whether only oral treatment is a possibility. Thanks.