Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am pure vegetarian but I'm having problem of high heart beat and high cholesterol.

3 Doctors Answered
Hello, Veg diet also consist of lots of cholesterole and Calories from carbohydrate. As per your age, you must check your heart and do accordingly. A proper 2D echo of the heart and ECG can be done. Increased heart beats is a serious issue. Feel free to consult for the same issue and cardiac diet.
Regular exercise Morning walk Drink a glass of lukewarm water afterwards Low fat diet Usage of more vegetables Finish your dinner 2 hr before you sleep Drink same glass of lukewarm water just before hitting bed.
High levels of cholesterol in the blood can increase your risk of heart disease. Your cholesterol levels tend to rise as you get older. There are usually no signs or symptoms that you have high blood cholesterol, but it can be detected with a blood test. You are likely to have high cholesterol if members of your family have it, if you are overweight or if you eat a lot of fatty foods. You can lower your cholesterol by exercising more and eating more fruits and vegetables. You also may need to take medicine to lower your cholesterol. High LDL high cholesterol put you on a higher risk of atherosclerotic diseases and heart attacks especially if you have other is factors including hypertension diabetes or a history of smoking so I would advise you to start taking statins which are cholesterol medications the dose of which depends upon your cholesterol levels also you need to start changing your dietary habits and include a regular physical exercise at least 45 minutes a day 5 days a week into your schedule nonetheless you have to stop taking fatty and junk food You also need to get yourself checked for intermittent tachycardia / arrhythmia which means that intermittently your heart rate increases or the heart Rhythm changes which can be dangerous if it does not get corrected on its own. Or it can be an early sign of impending heart attack but to diagnose it you need to get an ECG done while you are having the rhythm problem or you can get holter monitoring for 24 hours during which if you have this episode it will get registered and documented. Also you need to get a complete lipid profile done as well as a echocardiogram and blood sugar levels to look for risk factors. Once you have done that you need to Consult a cardiologist with the reports.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.