Serlift 25 MG Tablet
Serlift 25 MG Tablet is used for treating obsessive compulsive disorder, major depressive disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder, panic disorder, social anxiety disorder and premenstrual dysphoric disorder (feeling of depression and irritability before menstruation).
Belonging to the drug group of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs), the medication helps to increase the serotonin amount (a natural substance) in the brain that maintains the mental health. This improves the symptoms of anxiety and depression.
The dosage of Serlift 25 MG Tablet will depend on your age, your health condition, the problem you are suffering from, and the way your body reacts to the first dose. You can take the medicine as prescribed by your doctor, with or without food. Generally, the capsule form of this medicine is taken along with food after breakfast or the evening meal.
Your doctor must be informed if you have a medical history of bleeding, liver problems, thyroid disease, seizure disorder or a family medical history of glaucoma (eye disorder). Also if you are pregnant, planning for pregnancy or a breastfeeding mother, your doctor must have prior knowledge about the same before prescribing the medication as it may affect the baby.
Serlift 25 MG Tablet can have some common side effects like drowsiness, dizziness, nausea, upset stomach, trouble sleeping, loss of appetite and excessive sweating. You can consult your doctor if these conditions persist or even get worse. However, you must inform your doctor immediately if you face any of the following serious side effects:
- Unusual weight loss
- Redness, swelling or pain in the eyes, widened pupils or blurred vision
- Stiff or twitching muscles and muscle tremors
- Black stools accompanied with blood
- Lack of coordination, restlessness, hallucinations or seizures
As Serlift 25 MG Tablet can make you feel drowsy or dizzy, it is better to avoid activities that require your concentration like driving until you are sure how your body reacts to the initial doses. Try to avoid alcohol as it can increase your sleepiness and affect your ability to think and perform clearly.
The medicine is useful against the following conditions:
DepressionSerlift 25 MG Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of depression like feeling sad, irritable and devoid of energy.
Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (Ocd)Serlift 25 MG Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of obsessive-compulsive disorder like repetitive thoughts and behaviour.
Panic DisorderSerlift 25 MG Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of panic disorder like sweating, breathing problem, weakness and numbness in hands.
Social Anxiety DisorderSerlift 25 MG Tablet is used to treat the symptoms of social anxiety disorder like extreme fear of being watched, red face or blushing, avoiding social situations and staying quite.
Monoamine oxidase inhibitorsSerlift 25 MG Tablet is not recommended in the patients for at least 14 days after discontinuation of monoamine oxidase inhibitors.
How long is the duration of effect?The effect of this medicine lasts for an average duration of 2 to 3 days.
What is the onset of action?The peak effect of this medicine can be observed in 4.5 to 8.4 hours.
Are there any pregnancy warnings?This medicine is not recommended for use during pregnancy unless absolutely necessary. Consult your doctor about the potential benefits and risks before deciding to take this medicine.
Is it habit forming?No habit forming tendencies were reported.
Are there any breast-feeding warnings?This medicine is known to excreted through the breast milk. It is not recommended for breastfeeding women unless absolutely necessary. Occasional side effects like sleeplessness, restlessness should be monitored.
Is It safe with alcohol?This is found unsafe to consume alcohol with this medication.
Is it safe to drive while on this medicine?Driving must be avoided by the patients, as this medicine may affect the alertness.
Does this affect kidney function?This medicine is found to be safe if prescribed in patients with kidney disease. Adjustment of dose may no be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking to this medication.
Does this affect liver function?Caution must be taken in patient with liver disease. Adjustment of dose might be needed. Kindly consult your doctor before taking this medication.
Below is the list of medicines, which have the same composition, strength and form as Serlift 25 MG Tablet , and hence can be used as its substitute.
Missed Dose instructionsTake the missed dose as soon as you remember. However, if it is almost time for the next scheduled dose then the missed dose should be skipped.
Overdose instructionsContact a doctor immediately if an overdose is suspected. Symptoms of overdose may include a change in pulse rates, severe drowsiness, confusion, vomiting, hallucinations, convulsions, and fainting. Immediate medical intervention may be required if the overdose symptoms are severe.
This medication falls under the category of a selective Serotonin Reuptake Inhibitor. It works by inhibiting the uptake of serotonin thus increasing its levels in the brain and helps in relieving the symptoms of depression.
Whenever you take more than one medicine, or mix it with certain foods or beverages, you"re at risk of a drug interaction.
Interaction with Alcohol
Interaction with Lab Test
Interaction with Medicine
- CYP3A3/4 enzyme substrate, CYP2D6 enzyme substrate (minor); CYP1A2 and 2D6 enzyme inhibitor (weak); CYP2C19 and 3A3/4 enzyme inhibitor.
- Dexfenfluramine, fenfluramine, and sibutramine in combination with an SSRI may result in serotonin syndrome; these combinations should generally be avoided.
- SSRIs in combination with selegiline have resulted in mania and hypertension; these combinations are best avoided.
- SSRIs in combination with nonselective MAO inhibitors have resulted in severe or fatal reactions; these combinations should be avoided.
- Serlift 25 MG Tablet may increase the hypoprothrombinemia response to warfarin; monitor.
Interaction with Food
Interaction with Disease
- Use caution in patients with depression, particularly if suicidal risk may be present.
- Use caution in patients with a previous seizure disorder or condition predisposing to seizures such as brain damage, alcoholism, or concurrent therapy with other drugs which lower the seizure threshold.
- Use with caution in patients with hepatic or dysfunction and in elderly patients.
- May cause hyponatremia/SIADH. Use with caution in patients with renal insufficiency or other concurrent illness (due to limited experience).
- Serlift 25 MG Tablet acts as a mild uricosuric - use with caution in patients at risk of uric acid nephropathy.
- Use with caution in patients at risk of bleeding or receiving anticoagulant therapy - may cause impairment in platelet aggregation.
- Use with caution in patients where weight loss is undesirable.
- May cause or exacerbate sexual dysfunction.
Ques: Does Serlift 25 MG Tablet cause weight gain?
Ques: How long does Serlift 25 MG Tablet take to work?
Ques: How long do I need to take Serlift 25 MG Tablet?
Ques: When is the best time to take Serlift 25 MG Tablet?
Ques: Does Serlift 25 MG Tablet cause sleepiness?
Ques: What does Serlift 25 MG Tablet do for anxiety?
Ques: Can I stop taking Serlift 25 MG Tablet if I am better now?
Ques: What are the withdrawal symptoms of Serlift 25 MG Tablet?
Ques: What are the symptoms of an overdose of Serlift 25 MG Tablet?
Lybrate is a medium to provide our audience with the common information on medicines and does not guarantee its accuracy or exhaustiveness. Even if there is no mention of a warning for any drug or combination, it never means that we are claiming that the drug or combination is safe for consumption without any proper consultation with an expert.
Lybrate does not take responsibility for any aspect of medicines or treatments. If you have any doubts about your medication, we strongly recommend you to see a doctor immediately.