Treatment Of Erectile Dysfunction
Skin Care Treatment
Treatment of Migraine Treatment
Treatment of Neurological Problems
Weight Management Treatment
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Sexually Transmitted Disease (Std) Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Thyroid Problems Treatment
Corn Removal Procedure
Submit a review for Reca ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Blood pressure is the force exerted by the blood on the walls of the arteries. Systolic BP (commonly referred to as the upper BP) is caused to the force of contraction of the heart. The diastolic BP (commonly referred to as the lower BP) is the one when heart is in the relaxed phase after contraction.
The condition is known as a “silent killer” because it usually doesn’t cause symptoms until it has done significant damage to the heart. Since most people have no visible symptoms, they are unaware that they have high blood pressure.
Symptoms of High Blood Pressure or Hypertension
People experience varied symptoms when they have a high BP. The most common being headaches or a fuzzy feeling in head, lethargy, lack of concentration, disturbed sleep etc. But a lot of patients are totally asymptomatic and high BP is diagnosed on a routine check up.
There are lots of myths associated with blood pressure or hypertension. A common misperception is that when blood pressure rises one gets headache or starts getting irritable or angry. This is not the truth. The truth is that high blood pressure is unlikely to have any symptoms. That is precisely why most of the time hypertension is detected as a matter of routine check up or while investigating for other symptoms. It is therefore known as a silent killer. It is mostly during a routine check up that one gets diagnosed as having hypertension or high blood pressure. If blood pressure rises over a period of time, the body keeps on adjusting to it and does not feel any symptom. Therefore one should not think that if one does not have any symptom, blood pressure is normal. Get it checked. That is the only reliable way to know if you have high blood pressure or not.
Cause of High Blood Pressure or High BP or Hypertension
Modern day lifestyle is one of the biggest reasons for high BP or hypertension. The modern lifestyle is sedentary in nature. There is little physical exercise in our daily life. We have forgotten how to walk or cycle. At the same time, our food is rich and full of fat and spicy things. Little physical activity and excessive intake of fatty food leads to obesity or weight gain. This excess weight in itself becomes a cause of high blood pressure. To add to that, mental stress is dominant. We are caught in a rat race where it is important to do better than our neighbour. In the bargain we are losing out on our health.
The risks of high blood pressure
When left untreated, high blood pressure can lead to serious health complications, including stroke, heart attack, and kidney damage. Regular visits to your doctor can help you monitor and control your blood pressure. A blood pressure reading of 140/90 mmHg or above is considered high. Your treatment plan might include medication, lifestyle changes, or a combination of therapies.
Homeopathy, a branch of alternative medicine based on the Law of Similars, is one of the most effective hypertension treatments. Homeopathic theory views disease as a dynamic disturbance that affects the whole, as opposed to a specific part of the body. Homeopathy believes in holistic, totality, and individualized approaches. A holistic approach means that every manifested symptom in a body relates to a mental or emotional state. In a totality approach, homeopathy does not aim to treat a specific organ, but the body in its entirety. Many factors affect an individual’s life, including the environment and inherited diseases. Consequently, every individual experiences and manifests the same disease differently, and must be treated individually as a result.
Lachesis- Homeopathic medicine lachesis is perhaps one of the most leading homeopathic remedies in controlling high levels of blood pressure. Lachesis may be given when there is marked restlessness physically as well as mentally.
Allium Sativa- The homeopathic medicine allium sativa is another remedy which may be thought of in cases of high blood pressure. Allium sativa may be given in cases where there is a history of high cholesterol levels. This homeopathic medicine may suit fat and fleshy individuals who prefer non veg diet. Symptoms of high blood pressure may include dullness and heaviness in the head.
Natrum Mur- The homeopathic medicine natrum mur is one of the most indicated remedies in cases of high blood pressure which occur due to a prolonged intake of high levels of salty things. Due to this, there may be swelling of the feet in the mornings. Natrum mur may be given in cases where there is an unusual fatigue specially in the mornings. Though there is a restriction for excess salt intake, it is seen that there is an unusual craving for salty things like pickles, papads etc.
Belladonna- Belladonna treats high blood pressure associated with hemorrhaging. The person has a flushed face, dilated pupils, and an accelerated pulse rate. There is violent throbbing of the temporal arteries.
Glonoinum- Glonoinum treats high blood pressure. A sudden rush of blood goes to the head when out in the sun.
Baryta muriatica: Ischemia´s conditions, elders with arterial hypertension and vascular degeneration. Atherosclerosis, Alzheimer's, if the patient is for Bar-muriatic.
This is by no means an exhaustive list covering all types of cases of high blood pressure. In chronic cases, one has to look at various things before prescribing a medicine. Such details are beyond the scope of this article. In many cases, other medicines are also required depending upon the symptoms of the patient. It is best that such medicines be taken under the supervision of an expert homeopath. Also, the effect of the medicines may vary from patient to patient, depending upon the severity and the chronicity of the condition. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult an ayurveda.
Homeopathy is a complementary system of healing that believes in ‘like cures like’. But can it cure infertility? Read on to know more about the role of homeopathy in infertility. Homeopathy uses the same principle of ‘like cures like’ to treat infertility as well.
In scientific terms, infertility is defined as the inability to conceive despite having regular unprotected sex for one or more than one year . The cause for infertility can be either present in the male or female partner like low sperm counts in men or poor quality of sperm and hormonal disturbances, blocked fallopian tubes, endometriosis, fibroids etc. in women.
Homeopathy works in infertility by:
- Regulating ovulation in women
- Increasing sperm count and improving sperm mobility in men
- Removing emotional blockages
- Reducing stress
- Treating depression and anxiety
Homoeopathy is especially useful in curing infertility due to low sperm count and sperm motility. A homoeopath can identify the cause of your infertility by asking you specific questions related to your:
- Duration of trying to conceive
- Nicotine, alcohol, coffee or tea consumption
- Genital diseases including inflammation, surgery and trauma
- Any other conditions you may suffer from, including hereditary conditions
- Any active infection in the body
- Exposure to toxins such as chemicals, radiation, heat or noise
- Stress levels
Homoeopathic remedies for infertility
If you want a sure cure for infertility, visit a reputed homoeopath who will match the right medicine with your constitution and symptoms. However, we have a list of common remedies for the condition for your information:
- This is a very powerful uterine remedy
- It is very useful in cases where the woman miscarries repeatedly
- Useful in treating uterine prolapse
- Treats late and scanty periods, irregular periods, as well as early and profuse bleeding
- Treats irregular or absent ovulation
- Treats low sex drive in men
- Treats women who have recurrent miscarriages
- Treats inflammation of ovaries and uterus after an abortion
- Boosts the immune system and improves chances of conception
- Treats infertility caused by depression, feelings of self-hatred and worthlessness
- Treats high blood pressure
- Treats enlarged and prolapsed uterus
- Treats infertility due to uterine polyps
- Infertility due to anxiety and stress
- Treats infertility in males due to low sperm counts
- It helps in improving the quality of sperms
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath.
Kidney stone formation is the most common kidney disease, and people who have had it, would immediately be reminded of the severe pain (loin to groin) in the back.
How stones are formed?
- The kidney functions as the body’s filters in removing wastes from the body through urine.
- Most of the waste is in the form of salts and when there is excessive salts and reduced amount of water, there could be formation of crystals or stones in the kidneys.
- Reduced amount of urination
- Blood in the urine due to damage of the urinary tract structures
- Painful urination with burning sensation
- Swollen abdomen
- Nausea and Vomiting
- Fever and chills
Benefits of homeopathic remedies
Kidney stones are highly likely to be recurrent. A number of factors contribute to their formation. Homeopathy aims at treating the whole body and not just dissolving the stones. It offers various remedies, which ensure the stones are completely dissolved and also prevent recurrence.
- Berberis Vulgaris is prescribed for the following conditions:
- Very useful in left-sided stones where patient experiences pain radiating to the ureter, bladder, and urethra and down to the thighs.
- Burning sensation with urination
- Slightly red or green urine with mucus (increased consistency of urine)
- Increase in pain with any kind of physical movement
- Soreness in the lumbar region of the kidneys
- Cantharis is suitable for the following conditions:
- Paroxysms of renal colic with cutting and stabbing pains
- Severe pain before and after urination in the urethral area
- Constant urge to urinate, but very little flow
- No relief even after sitting and straining
- Bloody urine (slightly pinkish tinge), if there is damage to internal structures
- Sharp tearing pain when this damage happens
- Thirst and aversion to all fluids
- Lycopodium is one of the most reliable homeopathic medicines for right-sided kidney stones.
- Works better for right-sided stones, where it dissolves them completely
- Severe backache experienced by the affected person prior to passing urine, which reduces after urination
- Great urge to urinate, even at night
- Presence of sediments (red or yellow) in the urine
- Abdominal bloating with distention along with right-sided kidney pain
- Hydrangea, also referred to as the stone breaker, reduces chances of recurrence of kidney stones in the following conditions:
- Right-sided pain
- Blood-tinged urine
- Increased frequency of urination
- Lots of white sediments in the urine
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a neurologist.
Blessed are the people who enjoy a healthy, flawless and glowing skin with minimum effort, throughout their life. Of late, dermatological problems like acne, pruritus, psoriasis, dermatitis, eczema have been affecting all and sundry. People, irrespective of their age, sex and occupation suffer from skin diseases. While some of the ailments are minor problems, others might be grave enough for one to seek an expert opinion. A number of factors, both internal as well as external, contribute to the skin ailments.
The dermatological problems, if not treated timely, can leave a person physically, mentally and emotionally drained out. In such cases, a person's self-confidence is the worst affected. A lot of conventional and Allopathic options are available to treat skin diseases. Ointments, antihistamine tablets and antibacterial medications, though effective, often provide temporary relief. In many cases, it has been observed that in due course of time, the problems tend to relapse. The disease, thus, never really leaves the body, piling on the agony.
It works effectively to completely eliminate the dermatological problem out of your system, providing permanent relief. Homeopathy adopts a holistic approach in treating a disease. It lays great emphasis towards identifying and treating the underlying cause. Homeopathic treatment can be a little time-consuming, but the time is worth waiting for. Over the past few decades, homeopathy has been the most sought after and reliable medication to deal with dermatological problems. Problems as grave as psoriasis and herpes can be completely cured, all thanks to the goodness of homeopathy.
Homeopathy is effective in treating various skin problems, such as eczema, rashes, allergic dermatitis, Uriticaria, Psoriasis, Lichen Planus and other variants, Chronic and recurring bacterial infections, Fungus infections, Vitiligo, acne, Dandruff, hair loss and many other skin ailments.
Homeopathy has proven time and again that it gives an effective and lasting relief from skin ailments. Be it allergic disorders like urticaria or allergic dermatitis; chronic conditions like eczema or psoriasis; or even acute infections of the skin. Homeopathy provides a solution with a holistic approach. There is a lot of misconception among people that homeopathy is slow and causes a lot of aggravation. The speed of cure depends upon the condition we are treating. An infection or urticaria of recent onset for example has to be and would be cured in a matter of days but a chronic condition like psoriasis would take longer to cure (cure as opposed to just a relief from symptoms). The aggravation of symptoms that we sometimes see when we start homeopathic treatment is a result of the withdrawl of the suppressive effect of the ointments the patient may have been using previously. Homeopathy is very effective in cases of acne and cosmetic problems like freckles and pigmentation also. It helps to keep the skin healthy and glowing. The efficacy of homeopathy in cases of warts is well known. The concept of individualized medicine in homeopathy is even more applicable in skin diseases. Your physician can select the best possible remedy for your condition after a detailed case taking.
Eating healthy food and getting enough rest and exercise may not be enough to boost your immune system, particularly when you are being exposed to bacteria and viruses in your increasingly polluted environment. Your immune system needs a bit more help and Homeopathy offers more than a helping hand, find the top 5 homeopathic immunity medicines listed below that will supplement your body resistance.
The immune system is like a fort to protect the body against foreign invaders (or pathogens) like fungi or parasites, bacteria, viruses etc. Inimical entities are also being created from within, auto-immune disorders and diseases like cancer. Proper immune function is an complex balancing act which nature has to carryout but with a little help. While functioning properly, our immune systems is able to discriminate effectively, between body’s own tissues and foreign pathogens. A weakened immune system makes you vulnerable to virtually every type of illness. If the immune response becomes overactive or misdirected it begins to target the body’s own tissues for foreign invaders and starts attacking them
Immunity is influenced by the digestive capabilities and our ability to digest, assimilate and absorb nutrients in our bodies. In a healthy body where immune function is strong, any invaders are neutralized or destroyed and then expelled and normalcy is restored. If digestive capabilities are impaired by an imbalance, metabolism is affected and the immune response and natural resistance are lowered. If the body is unhealthy by stored toxins from undigested food, then an environment is created in which invaders are encouraged to thrive. Over indulgence in activities like masturbation is reported to ruin your immune system since it depletes necessary hormones and neuro chemicals.
What happens when your immune system is compromised? You suffer from extreme fatigue. You loose appetite, your body hurts, you get ill often and this could be life threatening.
Immunity in Infants
For the first 4 to 6 weeks , Newborns are at high risk for colds or other infections since their immune system is functionally immature. Babies derive immune protection from the placenta before birth and through antibodies from the mother’s breast milk. But there are many germs they can’t fight off.
It’s vital to get the newborns build a strong immune system before they are exposed to cold viruses. A virus that is capable of mild illness in an older child or an adult can cause a more serious illness in a newborn. Homeopathy is another way by which you can boost the immune system of a baby. An infant who falls ill repeatedly can benefit from homeopathy as it will build the child’s resistance and his immunity becomes better. Homeopathic medicines like Schwabe Munostim globules is an activator of the immune system and is indicated in prevention of seasonal problem in children. It can be used together with other specific medicines against cold, flu and against allergies
Why Homeopathy to boost your immunity?
- Unlike antibiotics homeopathy does not ‘neutralize’ an infection , instead it strengthens the body’s immune system to fight disease or infection.
- The modern system of homeopathy looks towards systemic detoxification that causes weakening of defense mechanism. It therefore works on removing poisoning or toxicity from bone marrow, liver, spleen, lymphocytes, lymph nodes that play a vital role in immune defense mechanism
- Homeopathy is more palatable than many conventional medicines since the mildly sweet pills, powders or liquids are easy to dispense and consume.
- Homeopathy is effective on any problem associated with a compromised immune system or lowered immune response.
- Patient on Homeopathy regains appetite after few days thus helping the patient gain weight.
- Homeopathy helps control opportunistic infections associated with a compromised immune system.
- Homeopathy decreases the viral load after few months of regular consumption.
- Homeopathy is well tolerated in patients of all age groups and has been used by thousands of patients in several countries with no adverse effects reported.
Top Homeopathic immune booster medicines!
The best immune strengthening medicine in homeopathy is the constitutional medicines which your physician prescribes after a detailed case taking. It takes into consideration your health condition, any problems you may be currently suffering from and your tendencies depending upon your past medical and family history. Some general medicines for immunity are:
- Reckeweg R88 Anti Viral: n effective homeopathic antiviral medicine that contains highly diluted energy derived from viruses like coxsackie, diphterinum, Herpes zoster, V-grippe etc. Natural immunization formula that is Safe & without side effects.
- Scwabe Alpha WD Immuno Stimulator: German homeopathic formula with proven homeopathic medicines to enhance body’s resistance power.
- Blooume 20 Immunoforce: A general tonic that stimulates and builds general immunity. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a homeopath and ask a free question.
Ensure a mix of whole grains, fruits, vegetables, nuts and dairy on a daily basis.
Promoting fruit and vegetables consumption is essential for good health both now and in the future. An easy way to remember this is to serve a fruit and vegetable at each meal and one at snack time. Having your child fill up on produce will keep them from snacking on high- calorie, but empty nutrient varieties of junk food.
It is hard to binge on fruits and vegetables as the fiber has a satiating effect; kids will stop when they feel full. With junk food, the salt and sugar present cause an addictive eating response whereby the child continues to eat and eat, never feeling satisfied.
But we live in a world empowered by media; and children, being the most susceptible part of our society, are heavily targeted by media. This brings us to a point where most of us give in to the demand for junk foods and as a result, nutrition suffers. While we may let our children and ourselves too indulge once in a while, eating healthy as a routine for the entire family would go a long way in establishing eating patterns for their life.
Populations that follow traditional diets low in animal fat and high in complex carbohydrates and who remain physically active have a far lower incidence of diabetes than those who follow a western diet and activity pattern. The incidence of diabetes has been found to be lower in vegetarians than non vegetarians.
A higher intake of dietary fiber, particularly in the form of fruits and vegetables, results in lower postprandial glucose. In addition, high-fiber diets often contain micronutrients important in glucose tolerance, including magnesium and Vitamin E.
Many people have a common workout woe that while they are working out for hours they are not losing weight. The reason on a broad sense is simply that you are undoing your workout. Let me explain the reasons here.
1. Calorie overload/dieting - A general opinion amongst a lot of people is that since they are working out, they can binge on their favourite foods. Another group of people are those who workout with utmost sincerity but do not eat post workout. Both are equally harmful and aide fat generation.
2. Not staying hydrated - While working out, our bodies lose a lot of water. Often, we confuse the feeling of being thirsty as being hungry. So after a workout, when one might actually be hungry, one ends up filling the stomach with food. Stay hydrated at all times, especially before and after workout.
3. Drinking alcohol - A lot of people workout during the day and drink in the evening. This is a strict no-no and if not adhered to, you will end up gaining more weight than losing. Usually it is recommended staying completely off alcohol while trying to lose weight because drinks have calories and high sugar content. If abstaining is difficult, restrict the quantity.
4. Not working out enough - Human mind can be fooled very easily into believing what is not. We often believe that we our workout is enough and we don’t need to increase the number of counts, level of difficulty etc. It is good to give yourself a pat in the back, but never too soon.
5. Rewarding yourself - Rewarding yourself after losing every kilo is a very bad idea. Set a big goal and reward yourself only once achieved.
6. Drinking energy drinks - Advertisements promote energy drinks as a must for people who are working out. What they conveniently hide is the fact that these drinks are full of sugar.
7. Not eating enough vegetables - Many people turn to protein shakes and unhealthy foods instead of eating regular home-cooked vegetables which are packed with nutrients.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.
From Lybrate: If you found this tip useful, please thank the doctor by clicking on the heart icon below. Also, spread good health by sharing this tip with your loved ones over WhatsApp, Facebook and other media.